When are you guys going to watch Broly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: When are you guys going to watch Broly?

Post by TheOne » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 am

tinlunlau wrote:I heard there are selected theatres in Japan with English subtitled screenings. Any truth to this?
Really?? If you get any confirmation let me know
How i predict the tournament will end:

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 am

nato25 wrote:Honestly if someone leaks it online I'm definitely watching that version but I will definitely be supporting the official release, unfortunately in Australia that isn't until the 24th of January, even later than America. Really hoping I can avoid spoilers until then.
Yeah, dude. You may want to avoid them...

Bardock special is non-canon, the movie adapts db minus
king cold was the former ruler of what was Freeza's "army"
gogeta is in the movie
broly lives
no ssj blue E or kaioken
Freeza collects the dragon ball to just be 5 centimeters taller
gogeta beats broly in battle
Bardock tries to resist frieza
Broly yellow eyed base form is just an ozaruo enhanced base
ssj god goku traps broly in some paralysis attack, ozaru enhanced broly is ssj blue tier
Broly and gogeta warp into another demension
frieza kills paragus thus resulting broly into ssj
Broly pummels Freeza
whis fights broly
berrus babysits bra
king vegeta bansishes broly to an unkown planet due to fear of birth power (which is 942, a joke compared to the 10,000 in dbz movie 8)
broly lssj is called "full power".
No Mui
Jiren, universe 6 sayains (apart from flashback are not in the movie)

According to the mods, there's nothing wrong with posting spoilers since it's up to the person to avoid them.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 am

When it comes out in the UK in January.

Finger crossed there are some screenings in London that aren't too much of a trek for me.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:28 am

TheOne wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:I heard there are selected theatres in Japan with English subtitled screenings. Any truth to this?
Really?? If you get any confirmation let me know
I know for a fact that Japanese films have been shown in Japan with English subtitles but only in a small amount of theatres. Screenings are extremely sparse from what I've heard.
The world is your's.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am

In Dublin, sometime in January whenever MangaUK announce the screenings.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 am

Son-Kakaroto wrote:According to the mods, there's nothing wrong with posting spoilers since it's up to the person to avoid them.
Purposefully being cruel and in conjunction with that sharing without regard to context, however, is. There's an obvious difference between a general information megathread following a film's release, and an innocuous "Hey when you gonna see it?" question thread.

Extended temporary ban issued. This kind of behavior is not in line with our community rules and values, and should not be seen as representative of them.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:47 am

I saw My Hero Academia: Two Heroes in US theaters and really enjoyed the experience (although the sound mix was hideously awful). I really wish Toei Animation would release Dragon Ball Super: Broli in US theaters subtitled because not only would I be able to see the film sooner but it would likely look incredibly gorgeous on the big screen. The crowd experience for the former film was also a lot of fun with minimal dumbassery and I can vividly recall crying during the first and final battles. I hope Toei Animation adds subtitled screenings.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:09 pm

when it appears at my local theater
Feels over Reals.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm

The chances of the movie coming to theaters around here is close to zero, so I will wait for the Blu-ray release like a good boy.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Whenever it's released on home video, I guess...

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Any US residents know if it'll be a wide release or will it be limited to "Fathom Events" like the re-releases of the old DBZ movies were? If it's a wide release, I'll go to my local theatre (multiple times). If limited, I'll make a trip an hour or two for it.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm

it ain't coming to the cinemas in my country, so probably gonna have to watch it illegally somewhere. I'll buy the Blu Ray when it comes out.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:54 pm

I am both shocked and incredibly thrilled that not only is my local cinema playing the film but that it is playing it subtitled (in fact it's only playing the movie subbed which is crazy), when i had heard that the American screenings were not going to be in Japanese w/subs I had given up all hope of there being subbed releases in the UK but huge props to MangaUK for pulling it off. Definitely raises questions for why America can't have them too, at first i thought it was Toei being dumb but they've let us have them so does that mean that Funimation were the ones that said no to having subtitled screenings?

If it had only come out in dub then I would have watched it like I did with Resurrection F but I would have been annoyed that they couldn't give people the option to watch it in Japanese, because it only builds into the common misconception that there are no westerners who care about Japanese Dragon Ball, and I thought the fact that many people were able to watch DBS in Japanese just fine would have ended that idea. I mean if the MHA movie only came out in dub there would be huge amounts of complaints from this modern Crunchyroll generation who almost always streams their anime in Japanese.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Oh, I'm seeing it at the first chance I get!

...Which will be whenever the BD comes out because the odds of it getting a theatrical release in Norway are roughly -5%.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Still waiting to see if tickets will go up on sale in a theater even remotely close to me. It’s crazy it was easier for me to get tickets to MHA and pretty much every anime film than it is to get tickets to see Dragon Ball.

And I am still upset at not being able to watch it in Japanese.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Ideally, I’m hoping to see it when it comes out in cinemas here in Australia. However it’s not coming to the only cinema in town where I live, so I’ll probably have to make a day trip to Sydney for it.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Oh crud. I couldn't get the tickets for the premiere... but I got them for this friday.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm

It's not coming to cinemas in my region, so it'll have to be as soon as it comes online.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Son-Kakaroto wrote:According to the mods, there's nothing wrong with posting spoilers since it's up to the person to avoid them.
Purposefully being cruel and in conjunction with that sharing without regard to context, however, is. There's an obvious difference between a general information megathread following a film's release, and an innocuous "Hey when you gonna see it?" question thread.

Extended temporary ban issued. This kind of behavior is not in line with our community rules and values, and should not be seen as representative of them.
Thanks for that Mike, just realised how rude and disregarding that guys post is.

I booked Imax premium seating in melbourne australia premier night. Cant wait.

However I had to watch this crappy version i found first. There was just a lot of spoilers everywhere even within kanzenshuu podcast like the predictions one. I mainly wanted to know if broly survived or not so glad i found that out at least and now get the true awesome experience in the cinemas as well.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

I am going Wednesday! Very eager and excited.
-Mark