Broly's next form(s) / Development!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Broly's next form(s) / Development!

Post by TheOne » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:50 am

I was never a big fan of Brolys berserk form, but I was always a huge fan of his intermediate SSJ Form.

Fingers crossed that they decided to make that intermediate form his controlled SSJ transformation.

To me, this form has always looked better.

How i predict the tournament will end:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
You mean like this one?
Yep. I'd take this over what we got in GT anyday :D
Yeah that one does look cool and it looks powerful. :D
I think that looks bad and over the top. Maybe it’s due to Xenoverse’s horrible plastic-like and shiny graphics, though, because I could see someone like Shintani making it look good.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:35 pm

emperior wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
I think that looks bad and over the top. Maybe it’s due to Xenoverse’s horrible plastic-like and shiny graphics, though, because I could see someone like Shintani making it look good.
So you like concept but not the graphics?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:27 am

Hulk10 wrote:
emperior wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
I don’t really know. I could see it working, but I am not a big fan of the Super Saiyan 4-like transformations.
I used to be, but I have come to prefer the simpler looking forms like Broly’s Ikari, which in my opinion is SS4 done better, as it takes the best aspects of it (big black hair, Oozaru’s power, golden eyes with pupils) and removes the worst aspect (red fur).
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:57 pm

emperior wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
emperior wrote: I think that looks bad and over the top. Maybe it’s due to Xenoverse’s horrible plastic-like and shiny graphics, though, because I could see someone like Shintani making it look good.
I don’t really know. I could see it working, but I am not a big fan of the Super Saiyan 4-like transformations.
I used to be, but I have come to prefer the simpler looking forms like Broly’s Ikari, which in my opinion is SS4 done better, as it takes the best aspects of it (big black hair, Oozaru’s power, golden eyes with pupils) and removes the worst aspect (red fur).
I can appreciate your point of view.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm

God Ki? In his first ever real battle, Broly surpassed two SSJ Blue Saiyans in Goku and Vegeta, post-TOP. It took a massively powered up fusion to finally over power him.

Should Broly ever gain control over his Ikari and "Full Power" form, Whis may just have Beerus' successor.

But Broly should not slim down. The fandom already freaked out when Kale did that, I'd hate to see the reaction if Broly did it too. But should he gain the Golden SSJ4 thing? I could 100% back that. That could be his "God of Destruction" form.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:God Ki? In his first ever real battle, Broly surpassed two SSJ Blue Saiyans in Goku and Vegeta, post-TOP. It took a massively powered up fusion to finally over power him.

Should Broly ever gain control over his Ikari and "Full Power" form, Whis may just have Beerus' successor.

But Broly should not slim down. The fandom already freaked out when Kale did that, I'd hate to see the reaction if Broly did it too. But should he gain the Golden SSJ4 thing? I could 100% back that. That could be his "God of Destruction" form.
Hmm not a bad idea. I personally like to think of the Golden Super Saiyan 4 as the ultimate Saiyan form. As Ultra Instinct isn't really a Saiyan form. Plus Golden SSJ4 is the perfect evolution for SSJ4.

Broli Broly

Post by Broli Broly » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:16 pm

I can tell that Toriyama based his own version of Broly on "Goku SSJ4". Look at the illustration he drew back in 2005 for SSJ4 Goku:
you can obviously see that he looks very close to Base Broly. The portrayal of Broly as a primitive, Tarzan-esque (a.k.a the Ape Man) Saiyan having Bah's "fur" as a main component of his design supports the idea that Toriyama had the intention of dissolving both Old Broly & SSJ4 Goku into this new version of Broly. Given the fact that the concept of "humanoid Oozaru" is what makes Broly a "mutant" Saiyan in Toriyama's continuity, any future transformations of Broly will be Oozaru-related.
Last edited by Broli Broly on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:18 pm

I would like to see Broly develop a technique like Goku's against Piccolo Daimao. The one where he projected the image of an Oozaru. I'm pretty sure that it was for dramatic effect in the original Dragon Ball though.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Broli Broly wrote:I can tell that Toriyama based his own version of Broly on "Goku SSJ4". Look at the illustration he drew back in 2005 for SSJ4 Goku:
you can obviously see that he looks very close to Base Broly. The portrayal of Broly as a primitive, Tarzan-esque (a.k.a the Ape Man) Saiyan having Bah's "fur" as a main component of his design supports the idea that Toriyama had the intention of dissolving both Old Broly & SSJ4 Goku into this new version of Broly. Given the fact that the concept of "humanoid Oozaru" is what makes Broly a "mutant" Saiyan in Toriyama's continuity, any future transformations of Broly will be Oozaru-related.
Good point. That's my line of thinking too. The hair actually looks similar to Broly's, from the side anyway, though Brolys is shorter.

Broly's eyes have the same yellow/gold glow of SSJ4 with his humanoid Oozaru powerup:
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: What's wrong with the old SSJ4 design?
The fact that the body fur isn't brown or golden, but an illogixal, random red - for one thing. Well, brown would look too weak and kinda correspond to Broly's Ikari form more, which is below his regular SSj. But golden would have not only looked great, but also fit in much better in the SSj line. The SSj4 we got just feels too disjointed. And it really looks like it desperately wants to evolve into something more final-looking, for instance with the golden fur I mentioned above.
You mean like this one? Image
Ahh! I remember when I thought this was Super Saiyan God. Good times! I hope we see it in the series.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I like the idea of Broly having his original transformations, you know the LSSJ2, LSSJ3 stuff like that.
I'm down for this, I like his Broly God hair, so I kinda hope they carry that into his 3 form, but I also think he could use SS4 later. Or at least, something like it.

I've said it before but with Goku going down the UI route and Vegeta going more down what I can only describe as enhancing his godhood, I think a more primal form related to the great apes would fit Broly to keep him unique. Specifically as his forms escalate, he gets the fur, the the fangs etc until he's not far off a super saiyan 4. They already laid the groundwork with Paragus' line about 'great ape power in a normal body' so it's only a few skips of a stone away.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:51 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I like the idea of Broly having his original transformations, you know the LSSJ2, LSSJ3 stuff like that.
I'm down for this, I like his Broly God hair, so I kinda hope they carry that into his 3 form, but I also think he could use SS4 later. Or at least, something like it.

I've said it before but with Goku going down the UI route and Vegeta going more down what I can only describe as enhancing his godhood, I think a more primal form related to the great apes would fit Broly to keep him unique. Specifically as his forms escalate, he gets the fur, the the fangs etc until he's not far off a super saiyan 4. They already laid the groundwork with Paragus' line about 'great ape power in a normal body' so it's only a few skips of a stone away.
Yeah true enough.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:01 am

Thinking about it, it would be cool if Broly achieved Super Saiyan 3. Kale and Caulifla are training to obtain it, so it seems like it’s possible to mix the green haired form with 3. It would look cool on Broly, as he would get golden eyes with long green hair which would probably fit with his green pelt.
Maybe Broly may also go further, and obtain Super Saiyan 4 if they really want to make it canonical.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:40 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
The fact that the body fur isn't brown or golden, but an illogixal, random red - for one thing. Well, brown would look too weak and kinda correspond to Broly's Ikari form more, which is below his regular SSj. But golden would have not only looked great, but also fit in much better in the SSj line. The SSj4 we got just feels too disjointed. And it really looks like it desperately wants to evolve into something more final-looking, for instance with the golden fur I mentioned above.
the whole point of ssj4 was a saiyan returning to his roots therefore the black hair. the fur could be brown but whatever.

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Broly is already strongest without needing God transformations. He just need to stay in control in his green haired ssj full powered transformation. HIs transformation is unique, let it stay that way.
God Gogeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm

ironfist2020 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
the whole point of ssj4 was a saiyan returning to his roots therefore the black hair. the fur could be brown but whatever.
I know that but some people don't like the black hair.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:23 pm

ironfist2020 wrote: the whole point of ssj4 was a saiyan returning to his roots therefore the black hair. the fur could be brown but whatever.
Then it would look just like a condensed Ozaru, not like a legendary transformation stronger than three fucking steps of the legendary transformation below it.

Also, how does golden fur preclude returning to one's roots? The golden ozaru literally has it, you know :D

Lati

Post by Lati » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 am

I think Broly is fine with the forms he has for now. Since we literally just got him. I am interested if we'll see him control these form, so, y'know, he doesn't try to murder everything in sight. Perhaps he could be taught by Goku and Vegeta, since those to have long since mastered those forms. The whole "mutant" thing with him is interesting, though. Makes me wonder if the reason why he's so unstable compared to Goku and Vegeta's own first awakenings is because his own feral nature from being a mutant Saiyan is influencing those forms. I'm mostly rambling at this point, but just a thought.
"Your hair looks like lavender but smells like strawberries."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Either an SSJ4 looking form or his LSSJ/berserk form but controlled and with pupils.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"