What Would You Have Done If Whis Or Vados Had To Answer To You For A Year?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What Would You Have Done If Whis Or Vados Had To Answer To You For A Year?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Suppose Hakaishin Beerus or Hakaishin Champa had lost a bet to you in a sort of hybrid timeline of the real world and Dragon Ball Super and now one of the two Gods of Destruction had no other choice but to allow you to borrow either of their own respective Angel Attendants for an Earth Year. While Beerus the Destroyer, or Champa the Destroyer had to fulfill the other condition of if 1 of the 2 Hakaishins had lost through hunting down each of your enemies and all the other people you do not like. Now with Whis or Vados answering you to your every whim, what would you have asked for and have 1 of the two to do?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What Would You Have Done If Whis Or Vados Had To Answer To You For A Year?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:53 am

I know what I'd have Vados do...

(Just kidding, that would be wrong).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Hmmm ... don't know. That's too much of a responsibility for a human. I suppose I could ask of Whis to usher humanity into world peace.

Wait, are we talking about a fictional situation where Earth is Earth, or Earth is Dragon World? Because in Dragon World there is already world peace.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Hmmm ... don't know. That's too much of a responsibility for a human. I suppose I could ask of Whis to usher humanity into world peace.

Wait, are we talking about a fictional situation where Earth is Earth, or Earth is Dragon World? Because in Dragon World there is already world peace.
We are discussing a sort of hybrid timeline of the same world that we live in and of the Dragon World of the time of the infamous Dragon Ball Super series.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Hmmm ... don't know. That's too much of a responsibility for a human. I suppose I could ask of Whis to usher humanity into world peace.

We are discussing a sort of hybrid timeline of the same world that we live in and of the Dragon World of the time of the infamous Dragon Ball Super series.
Well, world peace for me. Having the God of Gods be at my beck and call and use him for something so petty as money and women would demean both Whis and me.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:

Well, world peace for me. Having the God of Gods be at my beck and call and use him for something so petty as money and women would demean both Whis and me.
How would things go for you if instead of Whis, you had his older sister, Vados?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: We are discussing a sort of hybrid timeline of the same world that we live in and of the Dragon World of the time of the infamous Dragon Ball Super series.
How would things go for you if instead of Whis, you had his older sister, Vados?
Same.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

I would ask to be taught how to fly and use ki.
1 year should be sufficient to get a hang of it and how to train to learn for it if I couldn’t manage to learn it in a year.
That would be quite a better tool than asking to
get money/women through force, and if learning how to use ki would make me a super-human I could be free of physical injuries. And who wouldn’t want to be able to fly.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:55 pm

I would have Whis teach me how to use God ki and such, even though I'm sure as a regular human it would be near impossible as Goku and Vegeta had a difficult time.

Besides that main thing, I would have him guide me through the universe and potentially find planets with life and other things we haven't been able to see yet.

Not much else, I would mainly just eat food with him and just chill, Whis seems like a good guy to have a drink with and just hang out.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:15 am

Whis' training nearly killed Goku and Vegeta, though. Imagine what it would do to you.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 pm

I'd fly around the universe and what not you know how it is

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:17 pm

I'd have them take me to travel around the cosmos, and while I'm at it, learn to be a crazy godlike master of my ki, and then become pretty much Superman when I return to earth.

Dunno which of the two I'd prefer for this. They both seem like a bit much to handle... Maybe it's just because we've seen less of her, but Vados seems a bit less harsh than Whis often tends to be? Though perhaps that's also just because Beerus is more sadistic than Champa, who's more pathetic than anything...
If we were going into this with the idea that I'm from Universe 7, I'd probably go with Vados, because I imagine she'd be very interesting to talk to, being an angel from a different universe. Of course, if this was under the proviso that I would go to that angel's universe, then again, if I'm from Universe 7, I'd probably go with Vados, since then I'm exploring a totally alien universe, which I imagine would be the better choice than exploring my own, both in terms of it being more interesting, and it being a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Though, if we're talking about just one universe, with either of the angels taking me on a journey through this one universe, I'd probably choose whoever I seemed to get along with the best.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Get Bulma’s Super Dragon Radar and collect the Super Dragon Balls so I can make an awesome wish.

Aside from that... well a little sight seeing, hell with them around I could take a year long vacation without having to worry about much. Maybe get them collect and translate a tone of anime and manga for me as well. I collect fossils in my spare time to, they’d be a great help.

Call me selfish but trying to influence the wider universe is not something I’d be good at or something I feel would work. Inflicting the world or the universe with my whims and morality is tyranny. The world don’t need peace, at most it needs something to keep it from slipping one way or another, for pure evil is destruction and pure good stagnation, and even then you’d be manipulating the natural order. If my race is gonna whip itself out, well that’s how the dice were gonna role. I believe in keeping balance and letting thing play out as they should, evil has its part to play to.

But enough philosophy, Vados let’s go somewhere nice to eat this evening...