Caulifla is the first disciple of Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Caulifla is the first disciple of Goku?

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 pm

well something I liked a lot about the U6 saiyans is how they related to the U7 saiyans because at least cabba and caulifla learned many things in their confrontations with goku and vegeta that helped them develop as warriors reaching new levels and despite of being a short training was important enough for the course of the tournament.

in any case it is seen that goku saw a lot of potential in caulifla was in part why he help her to strengthen in her confrontation, now given her personalities and that they have a genuine love for the fight could get a better advance in comparison with vegeta and cabba

In any case, you guys think that when Super returns, that theme will be touched? given that in the end saiyans can acquire more levels such as ssj3, ssjgod and ssjb so they have more potential to exploit unlike uub that can also be a potential disciple but is somewhat short with the new levels

then opinions? they consider caulifla a disciple of goku ?, the series should exploit more this or perhaps simply
another character as a disciple of goku etc

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Caulifla is the first disciple of Goku?

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:13 pm

He trained Gohan for 4 years during the Android/Cell story arcs

I don't think anything will happen when DBS comes back outside of "filler". We know Oob is going to happen and I don't think Toriyama is interested in adding a 3rd person to consistent relevance

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:54 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:He trained Gohan for 4 years during the Android/Cell story arcs

I don't think anything will happen when DBS comes back outside of "filler". We know Oob is going to happen and I don't think Toriyama is interested in adding a 3rd person to consistent relevance
Huh? How/why will it only have filler?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:He trained Gohan for 4 years during the Android/Cell story arcs

Sorry, I meant with u6 saiyans. Basically episodes in between main arcs that are anime only. I don't think they will be relevant in the main toriyama story arcs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 pm

I’d like that. At least train her to get SSJ3.

Maybe have a mini arc where Goku and Vegeta are debating who would win between Caulifla and Cabba and Caulifla and Cabba are debating who is stronger between Goku and Vegeta. So we get a Goku and Caulifla tag team vs Vegeta and Cabba.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Sorry, I meant with u6 saiyans. Basically episodes in between main arcs that are anime only. I don't think they will be relevant in the main toriyama story arcs
Oh okay, that makes sense. I gotcha

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Califla isn't the type to be anyone's disciple. She was a gang leader previously.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Califla isn't the type to be anyone's disciple. She was a gang leader previously.
So being a gang leader at some point in your life excludes you from ever being a disciple? And she can be a gang leader and simultaneously want to get stronger

Broli Broly

Post by Broli Broly » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:35 am

Problem is, Goku in the manga had no encounter/fight with Caulifla as opposed to what we saw in the anime. Toyotaro seems to be closer to Toriyama than Toei's anime staff. So, I can't say that Goku & Caulifla have that master/disciple relationship, at least for the time being.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 am

Gohan was Goku's first disciple, and we have Uub coming later, I'd rather they did something with him rather than reuse the theme with someone else

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am

I said this in another thread, but it’s be funny if they had a story where Goku agrees to teach Caulifla. Even allowing her to stay at the Son residence. All the while Goku would be oblivious as to why Chichi would have a problem with this.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm

PFM18 wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:So being a gang leader at some point in your life excludes you from ever being a disciple? And she can be a gang leader and simultaneously want to get stronger
I meant she's rebellious and wouldn't take to someone in authority telling her what to do and how to do it.

She agreed to Kyabe out of curiousity over his power, but I don't know how much she respected him.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Califla isn't the type to be anyone's disciple. She was a gang leader previously.
she had enough the interest to learn in her fight with goku in the TOP ssj2, block attacks with teleport, the correct use of the transformations etc .
I agree that Gohan and Vegeta would not support her but Goku has enough patience to teach her
Broli Broly wrote:Problem is, Goku in the manga had no encounter/fight with Caulifla as opposed to what we saw in the anime. Toyotaro seems to be closer to Toriyama than Toei's anime staff. So, I can't say that Goku & Caulifla have that master/disciple relationship, at least for the time being.
if caulifla is popular it will be used again as it happened with broly the anime staff consults with toriyama to make the stories, I doubt that what toyotaro has done in its adaptation has much to do.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:31 am

It's too soon to tell what if anything they'll do with her, but I'd be all for more Goku/Caulifla training sessions. They have a fun dynamic.

At the very least, even if we don't get a dedicated storyline about him training her, which is unlikely while Goku is continuing to train with Whis, he could still give her pointers whenever they meet up. At some point, he's got to break it to her that Super Saiyan 3 is actually kind of crap. Then I guess she and Kale can go train with Vados to learn Blue.