How Strong Do You Think Goku Black Was Upon Getting Son Goku's Body?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How Strong Do You Think Goku Black Was Upon Getting Son Goku's Body?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Like upon the original Present Zamasu having used the Super Dragon Balls to summon the likes of Super Shenron in order to have exchanged bodies with the incarnation of Son Goku of his timeline because of becoming completely obsessed over the Saiyan before taking a trip to Earth to murder Son Goku, Son Chi-Chi, and Son Goten? Was Goku Black as strong as he was as Zamasu or did he suffer from the effects of Captain Ginyu-Syndrome?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: How Strong Do You Think Goku Black Was Upon Getting Son Goku's Body?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Strong enough to one-shot the Goku in Zamasu's body in just his base form. Though he wasn't all that strong at the beginning because he had yet to tap into Goku's power. The manga explains this quite well. Black knew that he was still weak. He had trouble accessing Goku's powers upon gaining his body, and he could not even become a regular Super Saiyan. Upon traveling to different worlds and killing the gods in each world, and from his constant fights with Future Trunks, Black exploited the Saiyan Power ability by letting Future Zamasu heal his injuries every time to grow stronger and unlock Super Saiyan, the first step of his evolution.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 pm

If we're going off the assumption that Zamasu stole Goku's Body post U6/U7 Tournament, then it's likely he was around that level of strength. As for killing Goku in that timeline, he was disoriented and probably not adjusted to the sudden weak body he received. Similar to when Ginyu switched bodies with him. I put him around a (lowball) Resurrection F Base Goku and around (Highball) Base post-U6/U7 Goku

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:If we're going off the assumption that Zamasu stole Goku's Body post U6/U7 Tournament, then it's likely he was around that level of strength. As for killing Goku in that timeline, he was disoriented and probably not adjusted to the sudden weak body he received. Similar to when Ginyu switched bodies with him. I put him around a (lowball) Resurrection F Base Goku and around (Highball) Base post-U6/U7 Goku
Wasn't it stated that pre-SSJR Goku Black was only slightly superior to SSJ3 Goku?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 pm

I don't remember if it also happened in the manga, but in the anime Ginyu was (slowly) starting to learn how to use Goku's body, so Zamasu probably got over that problem faster. I guess Black could tap into SS transformations early on without much trouble, so stronger than anything we've seen in Z. Goku's base was fucking huge when Zamasu swapped bodies, so even without kaioken or SS, he still was a beast.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:If we're going off the assumption that Zamasu stole Goku's Body post U6/U7 Tournament, then it's likely he was around that level of strength. As for killing Goku in that timeline, he was disoriented and probably not adjusted to the sudden weak body he received. Similar to when Ginyu switched bodies with him. I put him around a (lowball) Resurrection F Base Goku and around (Highball) Base post-U6/U7 Goku
Wasn't it stated that pre-SSJR Goku Black was only slightly superior to SSJ3 Goku?

If it was, I missed it. I was talking about his first appearance, specifically around the time he switched bodies, and killed Goku and his family. Now it's possible by the time he went to the past and fought Goku for the first time he was around that level

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

If it was, I missed it. I was talking about his first appearance, specifically around the time he switched bodies, and killed Goku and his family. Now it's possible by the time he went to the past and fought Goku for the first time he was around that level
IIRC when Goku fought Trunks in SSJ3, Trunks later said that Goku Black was slightly stronger.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147