"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:35 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Confirmed DBS 2.0 is happening:
June:
ドラゴンボールアドバージ新シリーズ

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/jumpcalend ... ragonball/
Ok...you’re going to have to do a bit better than that. :problem:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 am

June:
ドラゴンボールアドバージ新シリーズ

Dragon Ball Adverge figures getting a new series in June retailing for 540 yen apiece. From Bandai.

New Adverge figures confirmed. 540 yen price-point confirmed. Jumping the gun confirmed.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 am

Cipher wrote:
June:
ドラゴンボールアドバージ新シリーズ

Dragon Ball Adverge figures getting a new series in June retailing for 540 yen apiece. From Bandai.

New Adverge figures confirmed. 540 yen price-point confirmed. Jumping the gun confirmed.
It also made no sense for Super to release on June because animes start at the beginning of a cour in Japan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:07 am

They can always launch a new figure series to promote it a month ahead of time. Nothing unusual about that. Waiting for Baggie to elaborate on what led him to say it's "confirmed". I don't think he's that easy to fool so for now I am assuming we all missed something.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:32 am

Wasn't that one of the "missing pieces" for a summer premiere, that there were initially no figures announced and no way would they not have toys lined up close to the premiere? Also, I do remember some anime starting at the end of June for the summer season so it can't be that odd.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:46 am

That was my thought but I'm unsure as to why he singled out this particular figure series when there's a lot of DB merch on the list.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

I'll apologize for being flippant with my response if there's more context to it, but considering how riled up the fanbase can get with the smallest hints of news, especially involving material many members can't read, surely there was a better way to lay out a case than just saying "confirmed" with such a circumstantial detail and leaving the rest up to imagination.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 am

emperior wrote:
Cipher wrote:
June:
ドラゴンボールアドバージ新シリーズ

It also made no sense for Super to release on June because animes start at the beginning of a cour in Japan.
I think this could be something but I have to wait and see what it is.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm

majinwarman wrote:
<merch>
I think this could be something but I have to wait and see what it is.
It could be a hint at a July release based on this
Michsi wrote:Wasn't that one of the "missing pieces" for a summer premiere that there were initially no figures announced and no way would they not have toys lined up close to the premiere?
...but it could definitely also be nothing. We'll throw it onto the pile of material suggesting a return, I guess. Rather that than draw any hasty conclusions.
It's going to be fun to come back to these early pages of this thread in the future once everything's actually gotten going (or not if that's the case) and just look at everything in hindsight.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:13 pm

July seems like the most apparent month for Super. If they want to do a re-telling (which they probably might), July's the best bet as it's 8 months after Broly's Japanese release date in theaters. A re-telling would be at least 10-14 episodes for Broly, so that could give at least 3 months of extra time to develop new stories, or if they are planning to adapt the manga, then the manga would be 10-11 months (regarding chapter release date) ahead, once again if they start in July and immediately start with a Broly re-telling.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Alruneia wrote: ...but it could definitely also be nothing. We'll throw it onto the pile of material suggesting a return, I guess. Rather that than draw any hasty conclusions.
It's going to be fun to come back to these early pages of this thread in the future once everything's actually gotten going (or not if that's the case) and just look at everything in hindsight.

True. I just saw a lot of people confused about why the new figures would be taken as proof of Super returning in summer and I remembered the discussion regarding the missing new figures for the summer months.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Are you hearing yourself. If Toriyama wanted to announce he’s working on something new other than Dragon Ball, why would they announce that shit at a DRAGON BALL SUPER event? Before he mentioned the work, he was specifically talking about how he feels about writing Dragon Ball in general. If he wanted to announce a new work that WASN’T DB, it would have been announced at another time like any other mangaka’s announcement of a new series or something. On top of all that, nothing even suggests that Toriyama “next project” is something else. Where’d you even get that idea?

And dont start putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say shit about April. But you’d have to be a fool to think DBS 2.0 isn’t gonna happen. And you’re really gonna trust everything Toei says when they could just as easily be covering up? Some advice my dude. Stay WOKE! That not only means to do your own research and fact check, but in THIS case, think logically rather than taking what something as truth right off the bat. Chances are, theres more to it than just Toei debunking misinformation. And connect this to all the other tons of info we have hinting at DBS 2.0. And think about how a business would think.

Lol, you really think Dragon Ball is over?
I didn't mean to imply that you said anything about the anime returning in April. But I do know that some ppl, including Ajay, have been speculating it. As far as that's concerned, they straight up denied having been producing any new episodes so it's 100% not going to happen during that time considering the schedule of anime episode production.

I don't think DB is over. Not by a long shot. The manga is definitely still ongoing. SDBH (anime, manga, arcade) is still ongoing. Games are still ongoing. Merch and video sales are still ongoing. DB is not defined by just the anime, it's got plenty of revenue from other sources. But as for a sequel anime? I'm skeptical it's going to happen this year. And I won't really care whether that happens or not.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Rakurai wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Are you hearing yourself. If Toriyama wanted to announce he’s working on something new other than Dragon Ball, why would they announce that shit at a DRAGON BALL SUPER event? Before he mentioned the work, he was specifically talking about how he feels about writing Dragon Ball in general. If he wanted to announce a new work that WASN’T DB, it would have been announced at another time like any other mangaka’s announcement of a new series or something. On top of all that, nothing even suggests that Toriyama “next project” is something else. Where’d you even get that idea?

And dont start putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say shit about April. But you’d have to be a fool to think DBS 2.0 isn’t gonna happen. And you’re really gonna trust everything Toei says when they could just as easily be covering up? Some advice my dude. Stay WOKE! That not only means to do your own research and fact check, but in THIS case, think logically rather than taking what something as truth right off the bat. Chances are, theres more to it than just Toei debunking misinformation. And connect this to all the other tons of info we have hinting at DBS 2.0. And think about how a business would think.

I didn't mean to imply that you said anything about the anime returning in April. But I do know that some ppl, including Ajay, have been speculating it. As far as that's concerned, they straight up denied having been producing any new episodes so it's 100% not going to happen during that time considering the schedule of anime episode production.

I don't think DB is over. Not by a long shot. The manga is definitely still ongoing. SDBH (anime, manga, arcade) is still ongoing. Games are still ongoing. Merch and video sales are still ongoing. DB is not defined by just the anime, it's got plenty of revenue from other sources. But as for a sequel anime? I'm skeptical it's going to happen this year. And I won't really care whether that happens or not.
Again, its kinda stupid (no offense) of you to take whatever explanation Toei gives you as fact automatically. “They said this so its not gonna happen (despite all the evidence pointing otherwise).”

You do know that Toei would prob say anything to cover up DBS 2 happening? Don’t beliving everything businesses tell you. They’re lie if its for there own benefit. And if they really did end up revealing more DBS episodes, OF COURSE Toei would come out and say DBS 2 hasn’t even begun production or some shit like that. Food for thought.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:12 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

Again, its kinda stupid (no offense) of you to take whatever explanation Toei gives you as fact automatically. “They said this so its not gonna happen (despite all the evidence pointing otherwise).”

You do know that Toei would prob say anything to cover up DBS 2 happening? Don’t beliving everything businesses tell you. They’re lie if its for there own benefit. And if they really did end up revealing more DBS episodes, OF COURSE Toei would come out and say DBS 2 hasn’t even begun production or some shit like that. Food for thought.
I think its worth mentioning that there have been precedents when shows have been discovered to be in creation before they've been announced, and have been denied to be in production at all, and then been announced a month later.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:20 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

I think its worth mentioning that there have been precedents when shows have been discovered to be in creation before they've been announced, and have been denied to be in production at all, and then been announced a month later.
This.

Not to mention, what excuse did Toei even give for the “company making more episodes” thing that they were denying? They said DBS 2 isn’t in production but did they ever even explained why the article said Toei was making more DBS episodes if DBS 2 wasn’t in production.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 am

TheRed259 wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:Here it says 67 episodes:
https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/tv_l ... pe_2019/14
From another issue about Napte when they say 67 episodes they are just referring to the DragonBall Super we all know?
https://issuu.com/domingovassellati/doc ... _simple/24
Good find, maybe the 67x30 was referring to the dubbed spanish/latin version.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 am

Cipher wrote:I hope they retell Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F" again.
With the Faulconer OST added just for you~

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Again, its kinda stupid (no offense) of you to take whatever explanation Toei gives you as fact automatically. “They said this so its not gonna happen (despite all the evidence pointing otherwise).”

This.

Not to mention, what excuse did Toei even give for the “company making more episodes” thing that they were denying? They said DBS 2 isn’t in production but did they ever even explained why the article said Toei was making more DBS episodes if DBS 2 wasn’t in production.
I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Super's return by the end of the month.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 pm

I hope that when DBS comes back, the intro is more rock like Limit Break x Survivor is and less like Chozetsu Dynamic which seemed to be going for a more “nostalgic sounding” approach.

This probably wont happen but i would love it if we got a completely new song and new visuals for each new arc.