"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:24 pm

I find it strange that the DB fanbase will belive a lot of fake things but won't believe Toei is lying about making more Super...

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:I find it strange that the DB fanbase will belive a lot of fake things but won't believe Toei is lying about making more Super...
That's implying I read anything not from official content anymore. I will concede if there really are more episodes but at this point I'm getting worried.

On a side note: At this point people that believe all of this fake info and bad tweets should be skeptical by now.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:I find it strange that the DB fanbase will belive a lot of fake things but won't believe Toei is lying about making more Super...
That's implying I read anything not from official content anymore. I will concede if there really are more episodes but at this point I'm getting worried.

On a side note: At this point people that believe all of this fake info and bad tweets should be skeptical by now.
To be fair lots DB news these days people wouldn't believe five years ago. :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:58 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:I feel like this thread shouldn't remain. I knew of the "continuation" news before I went to this site but I'm thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see the twitter post first and went to this site instead and I would be heated (I'm still kind of upset now). I would expect this from a youtuber but not for a site known for posting official news. Most of the big youtubers don't wait an hour or two for translations and official announcements so I take their info with a grain of salt and apologize when I turn up wrong, but I feel like this site should know better. This could just be damage control but what if it isn't? There is no evidence whatsoever and I feel like this classifies as false info.

I'm more upset at the fact that this is the second or third time fake news for the anime coming back came up. Enough is enough.
Do you actually believe this? There is no way they would go to a licensing conference asking for licensing for a series with no new episodes being produced. There’s no way the first report was fake and the thread should still stay up until an official announcement is made.
This is the second time something like this has happened. If it's that easy to let it slip then trailers or leaks would have sprout out by now. I'm pretty sure I won't convince anyone to lock the thread down but I at least want an edit on the title or an official post. It's false information.
Come on now. The title is about Super’s continuation. Which we know for a fact that it will happen: that much is clear to anyone who has seen the latest movie.
It’s better to have discussion about the inevitable upcoming show here than having it spread between different threads, don’t you think?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm

emperior wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Do you actually believe this? There is no way they would go to a licensing conference asking for licensing for a series with no new episodes being produced. There’s no way the first report was fake and the thread should still stay up until an official announcement is made.
This is the second time something like this has happened. If it's that easy to let it slip then trailers or leaks would have sprout out by now. I'm pretty sure I won't convince anyone to lock the thread down but I at least want an edit on the title or an official post. It's false information.
Come on now. The title is about Super’s continuation. Which we know for a fact that it will happen: that much is clear to anyone who has seen the latest movie.
I've seen the latest movie twice and nothing told me the story would continue for the anime. The manga however is continuing as we speak and Toyotaro hinted at adapting the movie. I'd rather see the anime retell the Broly movie than have them adapt the manga (I really don't like it).
emperior wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Do you actually believe this? There is no way they would go to a licensing conference asking for licensing for a series with no new episodes being produced. There’s no way the first report was fake and the thread should still stay up until an official announcement is made.
It’s better to have discussion about the inevitable upcoming show here than having it spread between different threads, don’t you think?
I would think that if there was actual proof that it is continuing. At this point leaks or writer tweets or an announcement would have happened.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:11 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
emperior wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote: This is the second time something like this has happened. If it's that easy to let it slip then trailers or leaks would have sprout out by now. I'm pretty sure I won't convince anyone to lock the thread down but I at least want an edit on the title or an official post. It's false information.
I've seen the latest movie twice and nothing told me the story would continue for the anime. The manga however is continuing as we speak and Toyotaro hinted at adapting the movie. I'd rather see the anime retell the Broly movie than have them adapt the manga (I really don't like it).
emperior wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote: This is the second time something like this has happened. If it's that easy to let it slip then trailers or leaks would have sprout out by now. I'm pretty sure I won't convince anyone to lock the thread down but I at least want an edit on the title or an official post. It's false information.
I would think that if there was actual proof that it is continuing. At this point leaks or writer tweets or an announcement would have happened.
Do you honestly think they will stop animating the new stories Toriyama will write, especially after how big of a success the movie has been? You even watched it twice, so you can’t tell me that wasn’t good. And the movie leaves open the plot of what will Freeza do and Broly is still alive. It’s obvious that new stories will happen afterwards and Toriyama writing the movie script all by himself is proof enough that he is involved with the production of the anime and cares about it.
So be the continuation of Super an anime (most likely, and already leaked by multiple people) or a new movie, it’s clear that Dragon Ball Super, which came first and foremost as an animated product, will continue.
For Toyotaro’s manga, we already have a thread for discussing it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:46 pm

emperior wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
emperior wrote: Come on now. The title is about Super’s continuation. Which we know for a fact that it will happen: that much is clear to anyone who has seen the latest movie.
emperior wrote: It’s better to have discussion about the inevitable upcoming show here than having it spread between different threads, don’t you think?
Do you honestly think they will stop animating the new stories Toriyama will write, especially after how big of a success the movie has been? You even watched it twice, so you can’t tell me that wasn’t good. And the movie leaves open the plot of what will Freeza do and Broly is still alive. It’s obvious that new stories will happen afterwards and Toriyama writing the movie script all by himself is proof enough that he is involved with the production of the anime and cares about it.
So be the continuation of Super an anime (most likely, and already leaked by multiple people) or a new movie, it’s clear that Dragon Ball Super, which came first and foremost as an animated product, will continue.
For Toyotaro’s manga, we already have a thread for discussing it.
If the movie is this successful then they might just continue doing that.

I wasn't discussing the manga. I was just pointing out that the only other reason for the silence could be that they're canning the anime's lore and adapting the manga.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:32 pm

I know this is for anime-only, but isn't the title of this thread very misleading?

There is a Dragon Ball Super manga, and that is still continuing well after the film and original anime run. And for the canon purists, it is still being done in collaboration with Toriyama so it's legitimate in that sense.

The same can't be said for the anime if it does return. There is little to no chance Toriyama will want to start writing a whole new story outline for the anime given he's already doing it with the manga.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Rakurai wrote:I know this is for anime-only, but isn't the title of this thread very misleading?

There is a Dragon Ball Super manga, and that is still continuing well after the film and original anime run. And for the canon purists, it is still being done in collaboration with Toriyama so it's legitimate in that sense.

The same can't be said for the anime if it does return. There is little to no chance Toriyama will want to start writing a whole new story outline for the anime given he's already doing it with the manga.
As far as I know, there is nothing suggesting that Toriyama has much involvement with the current Manga storyline. It's Toyo's handywork plot-wise
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Rakurai wrote:I know this is for anime-only, but isn't the title of this thread very misleading?

As far as I know, there is nothing suggesting that Toriyama has much involvement with the current Manga storyline. It's Toyo's handywork plot-wise
Yeah, Toriyama said "see you in my next work" which more or less says whatever the Manga is doing isn't his next work.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Kanassa wrote: As far as I know, there is nothing suggesting that Toriyama has much involvement with the current Manga storyline. It's Toyo's handywork plot-wise
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... c-comment/

"Teaming up with Toriyama-sensei" -> collaboration. We know he is involved, how much is up to speculation at best but it's there.

I should clarify. He's prob not drafting an outline for the Galactic Prisoner arc like he did with Super. But he's still involved to some degree. Can we say the same for Toei if the anime ever returns? What will happen if he isn't? I highly doubt Toei will want to jumpstart the main series without the birdman's involvement (as much as I would like him not to be involved at this point with anything DB-related).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kanassa wrote: As far as I know, there is nothing suggesting that Toriyama has much involvement with the current Manga storyline. It's Toyo's handywork plot-wise

"Teaming up with Toriyama-sensei" -> collaboration. We know he is involved, how much is up to speculation at best but it's there.

I should clarify. He's prob not drafting an outline for the Galactic Prisoner arc like he did with Super. But he's still involved to some degree. Can we say the same for Toei if the anime ever returns? What will happen if he isn't? I highly doubt Toei will want to jumpstart the main series without the birdman's involvement (as much as I would like him not to be involved at this point with anything DB-related).
Well it’s to be assumed that his “next work” is for the DBS anime and by extension, Toei.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:I feel like this thread shouldn't remain. I knew of the "continuation" news before I went to this site but I'm thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see the twitter post first and went to this site instead and I would be heated (I'm still kind of upset now). I would expect this from a youtuber but not for a site known for posting official news. Most of the big youtubers don't wait an hour or two for translations and official announcements so I take their info with a grain of salt and apologize when I turn up wrong, but I feel like this site should know better. This could just be damage control but what if it isn't? There is no evidence whatsoever and I feel like this classifies as false info.

I'm more upset at the fact that this is the second or third time fake news for the anime coming back came up. Enough is enough.
I kinda agree.

Its not like this site to just ASSUME Toei debunking an article talking about more episodes is a cover up for DB2uper no matter how likely it is that thats the case. Because if this unconfirmed stuff is enough to warrant a thread for DBS’s Continuation, this thread should have been made long ago with how much other info there is that proves DB2uper or downright states it’s happening but later got covered up.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:54 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

I kinda agree.

Its not like this site to just ASSUME Toei debunking an article talking about more episodes is a cover up for DB2uper no matter how likely it is that thats the case. Because if this unconfirmed stuff is enough to warrant a thread for DBS’s Continuation, this thread should have been made long ago with how much other info there is that proves DB2uper or downright states it’s happening but later got covered up.
There’s a damage in the credibility, for sure , a highlight topic claiming an announcement that was never done ...?
It will probably happen, but it’s not what I’m used in this site , the best one for official information
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 pm

prince212 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

I kinda agree.

There’s a damage in the credibility, for sure , a highlight topic claiming an announcement that was never done ...?
It will probably happen, but it’s not what I’m used in this site , the best one for official information
Exactly.

Maybe its that the abundance of proof and anticipation/eagerness for a confirmation is so strong that the mods/admins believed that they don’t even need to wait for an outright confirmation and might as well just put out the thread anyway and this recent news just tipped them over the edge into doing so.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

Well it’s to be assumed that his “next work” is for the DBS anime and by extension, Toei.
That assumption doesn't make any sense, "next work" could be anything. If it were DB-related, he would just come out and say it. We know he tends to be quite honest about these sorts of things.

His message was quite ambiguous in regards to his future in pumping out more DB-related content. That's not reassuring to many fans who want him to stick around longer for an anime (if there even is one).

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:41 pm

i posted it on the box office thread i will post it here as well.

Budget $8.5 million[3]
Box office $98.35 million[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ba ... note-BOM-4

with numbers like that i have no doubt we will get a new series

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Rakurai wrote: "next work" could be anything.
Yeap .
Just a thought ........ , if we consider that they have been doing movies every 2-3 years , the huge worldwide impact of broly movie , the fact that toriyama started to work on that movie on spring 2017 , and the Olympic summer games on 2020 ....
It won’t be a surprise if toriyama is eventually starting to work on that project (next movie ).
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Rakurai wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

That assumption doesn't make any sense, "next work" could be anything. If it were DB-related, he would just come out and say it. We know he tends to be quite honest about these sorts of things.

His message was quite ambiguous in regards to his future in pumping out more DB-related content. That's not reassuring to many fans who want him to stick around longer for an anime (if there even is one).
It was at a Dragon Ball Super specific panel of course he is referring to DB, especially after he specifically addressed the movie prior, it was not like it was panel for various mangaka. It's not really ambiguous at all.

If a Kanzenshuu staff posted on a thread they are working on a new project is that ambiguous if it is referring to DB then? Of course not.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Rakurai wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

Lol. You really think Toriyama would, in an interview targeted at Dragon Ball fans, for a DBS panel, tell us to look forward to his next work and have it not be dragon ball related? Where’s the logic in that?

Pretty sure he didn’t specify that it was DB related because to most people, it went without saying. It was OBVIOUS he was referencing a DB related work.

But I'm not surprised you think he doesn’t mean DB with how you’re saying “if there even is one” in reference to DBS 2.0 when its all BUT confirmed DBS 2.0 is happening and its really just a matter of when.

Dbs 2.0 is happening and the next plan Toriyama mentioned is something DB related. I bet my Kanzenshuu account on that.