Dragon Ball Super 90's Style

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

youwhatsup

Dragon Ball Super 90's Style

Post by youwhatsup » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:29 pm

it you wondered how dragon ball super would have looked if it was made in the 90's then click below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8KfAiKxO0

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super 90's Style

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Oh no, not these oversaturated attempts at emulating the orange bricks again.
From what I've seen, most of these miss the point of Yamamuro's 90s style.

A couple of years ago I made a correction of a Goku Black arc screenshot corrected with Yamamuro's 90s colors and style:

Here's the original (just with blond hair that I edited for someone else. It's all I have on hand):
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

youwhatsup

Post by youwhatsup » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:48 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Oh no, not these oversaturated attempts at emulating the orange bricks again.
From what I've seen, most of these miss the point of Yamamuro's 90s style.

A couple of years ago I made a correction of a Goku Black arc screenshot corrected with Yamamuro's 90s colors and style:

Here's the original (just with blond hair that I edited for someone else. It's all I have on hand):
well at least they tried :)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:44 am

Some of them did at least. I expected it to be the same set of images passed around these past few years, but some of them were decent attempts.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Shad73
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shad73 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Dragon Ball Super is the helpful deconstruction to Z, whereby it takes place before the ending of the original manga where Goku and Uub fight. By definition, it is therefore DBZ on a penultimate, if supplementary level. I think to say “If it were made in the nineties” (while respecting your opinion and the awesome artists you tagged, man) is a tad reductive. But I like the point you raise.
Seeing the world as neutral is a gift; then you see the most beauty.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Shad73 wrote:Dragon Ball Super is the helpful deconstruction to Z, whereby it takes place before the ending of the original manga where Goku and Uub fight. By definition, it is therefore DBZ on a penultimate, if supplementary level. I think to say “If it were made in the nineties” (while respecting your opinion and the awesome artists you tagged, man) is a tad reductive. But I like the point you raise.
People say that but to my knowledge I don't think any official descriptions of DBS says it takes place prior to Uub, just that it takes place after Majin Buu.

Shad73
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shad73 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shad73 wrote:Dragon Ball Super is the helpful deconstruction to Z, whereby it takes place before the ending of the original manga where Goku and Uub fight. By definition, it is therefore DBZ on a penultimate, if supplementary level. I think to say “If it were made in the nineties” (while respecting your opinion and the awesome artists you tagged, man) is a tad reductive. But I like the point you raise.
People say that but to my knowledge I don't think any official descriptions of DBS says it takes place prior to Uub, just that it takes place after Majin Buu.
Yeah, just saying post-Buu is kind of stupid in this POST-BOG/RF ERA.
Seeing the world as neutral is a gift; then you see the most beauty.