King Vegeta's Jealousy

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

King Vegeta's Jealousy

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 am

Is it fair to say that King Vegeta III sent Broly to Vampa because he was jealous that Broly had greater potential than Prince Vegeta? Or was his claim that Broly's sheer power might drive him insane the real reason he sent Broly away? :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: King Vegeta's Jealousy

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 am

Hulk10 wrote:Is it fair to say that King Vegeta III sent Broly to Vampa because he was jealous that Broly had greater potential than Prince Vegeta? Or was his claim that Broly's sheer power might drive him insane the real reason he sent Broly away? :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:30 am

You did not answer sir.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 am

It's plainly obvious that what he told Paragus was nothing but an excuse. He was proud of his son and Broly had apparently greater potential, which would take away the spotlight from his offspring.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:39 am

The way he acted in the incubation room when he saw Broly I think was a good indicator of his jealousy

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 pm

It's both.

King Vegeta clearly hated the idea of Broly being stronger. It's, in his eyes, an insult to his royal blood, his dynasty and his plans for the future. Broly is also a threat to all that as well since he'd destroy the prince in a fight, likelying brining the line of Vegeta to an end.

However befor he was killed, Paragus admitted that Vegeta has been right. Broly's power could cause him to go out of control and destroy everything, even though he's not evil. I can only assume that King Vegeta and the scintists though this might be the case because of how Broly's power continued to fluctate. Given how they acted, a saiyan baby 's power level while in their pod should remain farley stable and constant.

The former was what was likely most on Vegeta's mind while the latter provided a plausible excuse to break with tradition without loosing face.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:It's both.

King Vegeta clearly hated the idea of Broly being stronger. It's, in his eyes, an insult to his royal blood, his dynasty and his plans for the future. Broly is also a threat to all that as well since he'd destroy the prince in a fight, likelying brining the line of Vegeta to an end.

However befor he was killed, Paragus admitted that Vegeta has been right. Broly's power could cause him to go out of control and destroy everything, even though he's not evil. I can only assume that King Vegeta and the scintists though this might be the case because of how Broly's power continued to fluctate. Given how they acted, a saiyan baby 's power level while in their pod should remain farley stable and constant.

The former was what was likely most on Vegeta's mind while the latter provided a plausible excuse to break with tradition without loosing face.
Yeah I agree your logic. The latter did seem most like a perfectly plausible excuse for his cruel actions. Though I must admit exile was merciful.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Hulk10 wrote:

Yeah I agree your logic. The latter did seem most like a perfectly plausible excuse for his cruel actions. Though I must admit exile was merciful.
Yeah, he could have stabbed the boy, killed his dad and thrown them in a hole.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Indeed. Paragus should have shown some gratitude.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Not sure if sarcastic, but i dont think you'd take kindly to your kid being sent off to a planet you know will most likely get them killed on by a thinly veiled spite move you see right through.

Heck the only thing Paragus did in the entire plot I dont approve/agree under circumstances with was killing Beets.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Not sure if sarcastic, but i dont think you'd take kindly to your kid being sent off to a planet you know will most likely get them killed on by a thinly veiled spite move you see right through.

Heck the only thing Paragus did in the entire plot I dont approve/agree under circumstances with was killing Beets.
Your right. And yeah it was kinda sarcastic but I do share you sentiments about Paragus's behavior, though I don't like how he wouldn't let Broly speak.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:.

Your right. And yeah it was kinda sarcastic but I do share you sentiments about Paragus's behavior, though I don't like how he wouldn't let Broly speak.
I think the reason Vegeta didn't just kill them is because saiyan society is being depicted more as an actual society these days. While a warrior culture, just look at ones from history like the Spartans and the Norse and you see that while they show no mercy for others, they have rules, traditions and politics they follow otherwise it would all fall to apart. It's generally not a good idea to go round spilling your own people's blood as it can quickly cause them to turn on you. While saiyans are warriors and more then happy to kill eachother, at least among the majority, I imagine it's viewed as bad form to kill babies. I suspect that saiyans in the passed possibly left the children in the wilderness once they were old enough and they had to survive and make their way back to the tribe to prove they were strong. Once they developed into a space faring race they improved on the practice and combined it with their planet trading work. Send the babies off to prove they are strong by conquering a low level planet. Once they had ki reading tech, they were able to tell if a baby was strong from birth and such upper class infants were kept at home to be raised with the skills needed to lead their fellows.

What I'm suggesting here is that in saiyan culture it's seen that nature will weed out the weaklings and the strong will take what is rightfully theirs. Killing a baby that will one day have the power to challenge you is a cowardly act, since if your strong you should be able to beat them or your unfit to rule. Had King Vegeta killed Broly, it would have badly damaged his reputation among the entire saiyan race.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I think the reason Vegeta didn't just kill them is because saiyan society is being depicted more as an actual society these days. While a warrior culture, just look at ones from history like the Spartans and the Norse and you see that while they show no mercy for others, they have rules, traditions and politics they follow otherwise it would all fall to apart. It's generally not a good idea to go round spilling your own people's blood as it can quickly cause them to turn on you. While saiyans are warriors and more then happy to kill eachother, at least among the majority, I imagine it's viewed as bad form to kill babies. I suspect that saiyans in the passed possibly left the children in the wilderness once they were old enough and they had to survive and make their way back to the tribe to prove they were strong. Once they developed into a space faring race they improved on the practice and combined it with their planet trading work. Send the babies off to prove they are strong by conquering a low level planet. Once they had ki reading tech, they were able to tell if a baby was strong from birth and such upper class infants were kept at home to be raised with the skills needed to lead their fellows.

What I'm suggesting here is that in saiyan culture it's seen that nature will weed out the weaklings and the strong will take what is rightfully theirs. Killing a baby that will one day have the power to challenge you is a cowardly act, since if your strong you should be able to beat them or your unfit to rule. Had King Vegeta killed Broly, it would have badly damaged his reputation among the entire saiyan race.
Hmmm I find your conclusion to be logical. Yes you are probably right.