God of Destruction Mode

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: God of Destruction Mode

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

IMHO:
what characterize a Hakaishin specifically is the Hakai Power.
Full-fledged Haikaishin can make, use and manipulate Hakai Power like nothing on the drop of a hat.

Toppo is still an apprentice. He cannot make Hakai Power instantly like nothing.
To go araound that limitation, he developed this "transformation" which is nothing more than starting to make Hakai Power and just not stopping.
The physical changes(getting buff) are just side-effect of the effort he's putting on, the marks possibly an effect of being an apprentice to Belmod.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
I meant rather that they do not call it as such "God of Destruction Mode" or something like that in the series

I can assume that the change of appearance is only for difference when toppo is using "god ki" and when not

It is very easy .. the author say that the series super anime was the official continuation after of Z reason why also the anime adapted the films so as not to be dependent while preserving their own continuity while the movies now are discontinued.

is not the case of the manga has been said that it is only advertising and also is very incomplete because it depends on extra material to tell a story instead of adapting events.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dr ... ries-plot/
That's not saying the anime is canon but continuity. You saying the movies, which are written by Toriyama himself [making them the actual canon], being discontinued, is false BTW. Especially when he had the Broly movie come out which didn't even adhere to the anime's views of Super.
are there movies from the universe 6 tournament?
are there movies from the zamasu arc?
they were written by the author also ...
the manga don't have an adaptation of the broly movie or resurrection of frieza
written by the author too
the movies will be able to follow but is incomplete, the manga is also incomplete.
it seems clear to me what is the main canon.
the movies can not be considered a continuity apart if they did not continue adapting the entire script and the manga depends on extra material to continue their story.
The stories that are not in the movies are only adapted from Toriyama's plot lines. Not entirely written out by him, unlike the movies. That alone shows that the anime or manga aren't definitive canon. The movies are only written by Toriyama completely, thus canon. It is only assumption, claiming discontinuation of the movies cause they don't have certain arcs.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:35 am

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote: That's not saying the anime is canon but continuity. You saying the movies, which are written by Toriyama himself [making them the actual canon], being discontinued, is false BTW. Especially when he had the Broly movie come out which didn't even adhere to the anime's views of Super.
the movies will be able to follow but is incomplete, the manga is also incomplete.
the movies can not be considered a continuity apart if they did not continue adapting the entire script and the manga depends on extra material to continue their story.
The stories that are not in the movies are only adapted from Toriyama's plot lines. Not entirely written out by him, unlike the movies. That alone shows that the anime or manga aren't definitive canon. The movies are only written by Toriyama completely, thus canon. It is only assumption, claiming discontinuation of the movies cause they don't have certain arcs.

false because the movies do not adapt the script completely but the anime does

if the 3 versions have changes toei and toyo but only one is the most complete adaptation

“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'”

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

false because the movies do not adapt the script completely what if the anime does

if the 3 versions have changes toei and toyo but only one is the most complete adaptation

“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'”
The outlines the anime and manga adapt are not completely written by Toriyama, unlike the movies. You are confusing continuity [connection] with canon [authority source].

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 am

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote: The stories that are not in the movies are only adapted from Toriyama's plot lines. Not entirely written out by him, unlike the movies. That alone shows that the anime or manga aren't definitive canon. The movies are only written by Toriyama completely, thus canon. It is only assumption, claiming discontinuation of the movies cause they don't have certain arcs.

false because the movies do not adapt the script completely what if the anime does

The outlines the anime and manga adapt are not completely written by Toriyama, unlike the movies. You are confusing continuity [connection] with canon [authority source].
toriyama does the script but the changes make toei animation for the 2 versions unless you prove that toriyama did the story without anyone intervening in the story which would be irreverent because there are parts that had to be cut in a movie of 1h 41m.

and when the series returns the movies will be adapted also being the other versions is discontinued.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:21 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

toriyama does the script but the changes make toei animation for the 2 versions unless you prove that toriyama did the story without anyone intervening in the story which would be irreverent because there are parts that had to be cut in a movie of 1h 41m.

and when the series returns the movies will be adapted also being the other versions is discontinued.
There are interviews saying Toriyama wrote the entire script for the movies. The parts cut don't matter cause ALL of the script was Toriyama's. Which means the finish product was still his script.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:41 am

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote: The outlines the anime and manga adapt are not completely written by Toriyama, unlike the movies. You are confusing continuity [connection] with canon [authority source].

There are interviews saying Toriyama wrote the entire script for the movies. The parts cut don't matter cause ALL of the script was Toriyama's. Which means the finish product was still his script.

of the others he also wrote script again where is the proof that toei did not intervene in the plot if he said that it was thanks to the suggestions of staff on that he could establish the script.

again he in has had participation in the 3 versions to a greater or lesser extent that does not change anything the canon is not established by that if not for wha would be the main? in this case is the series super that again adapts the whole story complete therefore is the main canon The others are incomplete material.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

of the others he also wrote script again where is the proof that toei did not intervene in the plot if he said that it was thanks to the suggestions of staff on that he could establish the script.

again he in has had participation in the 3 versions to a greater or lesser extent that does not change anything the canon is not established by that if not for wha would be the main? in this case is the series super that again adapts the whole story complete therefore is the main canon The others are incomplete material.
Toriyama writing an entire script and having it edited for time length is not the same as a manga and anime completely putting in their own ideas based on some plot outlines.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote: There are interviews saying Toriyama wrote the entire script for the movies. The parts cut don't matter cause ALL of the script was Toriyama's. Which means the finish product was still his script.

Toriyama writing an entire script and having it edited for time length is not the same as a manga and anime completely putting in their own ideas based on some plot outlines.

under that same the complete story of the author who compose the arcs is made by him with the help of toei in the animated media included the movie.

Toriyama-sensei plotted the main story, and I feel that it’s important to maintain the arrangement of creating it alongside Toriyama-sensei from here on out.

we presented Toriyama-sensei with several different story suggestions for the new movie. I believe there were also suggestions that weren’t in his strike zone at all, but using what we threw his way as a reference, we got him to come up with the story. Once it was set that we would be doing a story involving the Saiyans, it was quick. Compared to the continuous, long story of the television series

and how the movie was told is the continuation of the story of the series

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Getting back on topic after a thoroughly annoying derail, it seems as though accessing divine strength in general requires very specific means and training.

Toppo is strong enough to match up to SSB without any transformations, but he still transforms to obtain the power of a God of Destruction. So, simply being strong enough isn't enough to just be able to use God Ki.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

under that same the complete story of the author who compose the arcs is made by him with the help of toei in the animated media included the movie.

Toriyama-sensei plotted the main story, and I feel that it’s important to maintain the arrangement of creating it alongside Toriyama-sensei from here on out.

we presented Toriyama-sensei with several different story suggestions for the new movie. I believe there were also suggestions that weren’t in his strike zone at all, but using what we threw his way as a reference, we got him to come up with the story. Once it was set that we would be doing a story involving the Saiyans, it was quick. Compared to the continuous, long story of the television series

This doesn't prove anything other than Toriyama wrote the story.

This is off topic, so take it to another thread. This is the last I'll prove on the matter.
Last edited by Miracles on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Getting back on topic again, mortals just don't seem capable of using the power of gods without either attaining that position in the official hierarchy or using a transformation that temporarily turns them into one.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:37 am

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote: Toriyama writing an entire script and having it edited for time length is not the same as a manga and anime completely putting in their own ideas based on some plot outlines.

This doesn't prove anything other than Toriyama wrote the story.

This is off topic, so take it to another thread. This is the last I'll prove on the matter.
then you did not read.
with I am demonstrating that the author is not the only one who intervenes in the story, toei too.

the author has participation in the 3 versions but only one of them adapts all the story in their entirety the series super the main canon.

you were the one who started asking for evidence ...

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:07 am

"Canon" doesn't really matter here. We're here to discuss the form as it appeared, whether or not it "counts" in the series as a whole.

So, I brought up the theory that mortals need to undertake transformations in order to properly utilize the power of gods if they aren't gods in the hierarchy themselves. Whis even states that, when Goku first became a SSG, he wasn't the same kind of god as the Kaioshin or Beerus but was still an actual god rather than a mortal.

The same seems to be true of all god-forms, including Toppo. It just seems to be that his particular form is different because it turns him temporarily into a very specific kind of god.