Kai Episode 112 (06 July 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Kai Episode 112 (06 July 2014)

Post by funrush » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 am

I actually liked the ending song. Not as much as I do Dear Zarathustra but it's not necessarily bad in my opinion.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:30 am

Not a bad episode overall. I didn't mind the whole Satan/18 banter for the first quarter and the Goten and Trunks filler only started wearing on me when Trunks was trying to explain what a Majin was. Otherwise I found the bit where they get excited rather funny, along with Videl's reaction.

Gohan VS Dabra seems to be going along at a solid pace, albeit a bit brisk. Interested to see how next week turns out.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Didn't find the new ending song too memorable at first, but after giving it another listen I think it could grow on me (on the other hand, Dear Zarathustra had me humming the Ah ah AH ahhhhh after only one listen). Some of the lyrics were amusing: "Don't beat up!" Ha ha, in Dragon Ball? The series revolves around people beating each other up!

I was excited when I saw the ending animation was featuring Gokuu vs. Majin Vegeta, but was disappointed with the lazy freeze framing. I seriously thought my media player was messing up and tried rewinding it a couple times, then realized it was just (not)animated that way :P There were some nice still shots of Vegeta that I liked, though ^_^

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, #18 sounded really good here. Her delivery really had me laughing as she mocked and blackmailed Mr. Satan. And I brought it up in another Kai thread awhile back, but Takeshi Kusao's young Trunks sounds better than ever to me. Somehow, he sounds cuter and less annoying than he did back in Z.

Excited for Majin Vegeta next week! Ryou Horikawa has sounded kinda...I don't know, tired or bored in many line deliveries. I'm hoping he steps it up once Vegeta gets something interesting to do.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Excited for Majin Vegeta next week! Ryou Horikawa has sounded kinda...I don't know, tired or bored in many line deliveries. I'm hoping he steps it up once Vegeta gets something interesting to do.
I've felt the same, but I've been attributing to an acting choice on Horikawa's part. I think he has been doing it on purpose to enhance the fact that Vegeta himself is bored with all this meaningless fighting. He just wants his chance to take on Goku!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:10 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Great music, great placement, great near enough everything. I think the only thing that was a little off was just after Gohan turns Super Saiyan.
The shift from lighthearted battle music to that always-misplaced-apocalyptic-sounding piece was distracting. Also, the sudden stop of music when Gohan gets blasted was a little unnatural.
AjayLikesGaming wrote:EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the new ending. Not a fan of the song at all and the strange freeze frames were so awkward.
It would have worked better if they applied some kind of video filter to the freeze frames.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:08 am

Hujio wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:Excited for Majin Vegeta next week! Ryou Horikawa has sounded kinda...I don't know, tired or bored in many line deliveries. I'm hoping he steps it up once Vegeta gets something interesting to do.
I've felt the same, but I've been attributing to an acting choice on Horikawa's part. I think he has been doing it on purpose to enhance the fact that Vegeta himself is bored with all this meaningless fighting. He just wants his chance to take on Goku!
Yeah, I kinda thought it could be that, too, but it just sounded a lot more detached than the performance he gave in Z...so I'm still undecided if he's underperforming, or if it's a true reflection of Vegta's attitude. But he's one of my favorites, so I'll try to believe it's the latter ^_^ And since there have been times when his Kai performance has matched or even exceeded his Z performance (his death against Freeza...oh my god!), I'm looking forward to seeing him really let loose for both Majin Vegeta's evil antics AND eventual redemption.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:23 am

I quite liked this week's episode in regards to the the music placements and in overall but the best is still yet to come (starting with Majin Vegeta), however, I didn't really like the new ending theme except for the new animation it was somehow worse than AKB48's Kokoro No Hane and I kinda liked that one over this.

I usually watch the OPs and EDs but in this case I just can't stand them at all.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Well, nuts! The video I've been using to document the music from this episode didn't include the sponsor credits, so I don't know if Sponsors Music B has been changed to reflect the new ending song or not. I don't want to surf through shady, virus-y sites to try and find a video with the sponsors in it, either.

Anyone happen to snag a recording of the sponsor credits?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Some of the lyrics were amusing: "Don't beat up!" Ha ha, in Dragon Ball? The series revolves around people beating each other up!

I was excited when I saw the ending animation was featuring Gokuu vs. Majin Vegeta, but was disappointed with the lazy freeze framing. I seriously thought my media player was messing up and tried rewinding it a couple times, then realized it was just (not)animated that way :P There were some nice still shots of Vegeta that I liked, though ^_^
I'm pretty sure that pertains to the intentions to not revive Buu, yet they keep fighting.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Enjoyed the episode, wasn't too fond of them banking on the whole "What's a Majin" which I think should have been cut, and so far I'm not a fan of the ending theme. I'll give it some more listens to see if it grows.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 am

kenisu3000 wrote:Well, nuts! The video I've been using to document the music from this episode didn't include the sponsor credits, so I don't know if Sponsors Music B has been changed to reflect the new ending song or not. I don't want to surf through shady, virus-y sites to try and find a video with the sponsors in it, either.

Anyone happen to snag a recording of the sponsor credits?
http://puto.pt/sponsor.mp3
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:39 am

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, that's an instrumental of Junjou all right!
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:02 am

TheAldella wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:Some of the lyrics were amusing: "Don't beat up!" Ha ha, in Dragon Ball? The series revolves around people beating each other up!
I'm pretty sure that pertains to the intentions to not revive Buu, yet they keep fighting.
Since I'm French, I'm not sure, but isn't that some form of Engrish? I don't recall any use of a sentence like "Don't beat up" with just those three words.
It probably goes with the advice "Don't mind" and is likely something that should be "don't beat up your mind" or "don't beat yourself up at the task".
That's how I take it, to me it can't be interpreted as "Don't fight!", or it would be at least one word longer like "don't beat them up", "don't beat up people" or "don't beat each other up".
But again, I'm French, so my English instinct is not the best you can find around here. But I know if someone told me "Don't beat up", I would immediately consider it's a - probably mistaken - way to say "don't mind too much".

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
TheAldella wrote:
Since I'm French, I'm not sure, but isn't that some form of Engrish? I don't recall any use of a sentence like "Don't beat up" with just those three words.
It probably goes with the advice "Don't mind" and is likely something that should be "don't beat up your mind" or "don't beat yourself up at the task".
That's how I take it, to me it can't be interpreted as "Don't fight!", or it would be at least one word longer like "don't beat them up", "don't beat up people" or "don't beat each other up".
But again, I'm French, so my English instinct is not the best you can find around here. But I know if someone told me "Don't beat up", I would immediately consider it's a - probably mistaken - way to say "don't mind too much".
Yeah you're right. "Don't beat up" doesn't work as an imperative statement in this case (or ever, that I can think of), since it doesn't have a direct object.

Granted, I haven't heard the song. Just wanted to throw that out. Also, if I hadn't known you were French from some of your other posts, I would have assumed you were a native English speaker. God knows your English is better than plenty of native speakers I've seen here :think:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 pm

^ Thanks, but trust me, it gets more complicated when I have to write about clothes on the costume topic! :roll:
Overall, I'm always surprised at how well people from all around the world can speak English properly around here!

Regarding the ending, it's true that as mentionned by others, I thought it was my player that had problems keeping up when there were those still frames the first time. Then when I watched it again, I saw how those still frames were in sync with the song, so it feels more natural since then.