Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Post by Hujio » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:56 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 126, aired 19 October 2014

魔人ブウを食い止めろ 限界!超サイヤ人3!!
Majin Bū wo Kuitomero Rimitto! Sūpā Saiya-jin Surī!!
Hold Off Majin Buu — The Limit! Super Saiyan 3!!

PLEASE SAVE DISCUSSION FOR AFTER THE EPISODE HAS AIRED
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Alright this was one BADASS Episode, No Disco Ball Z, and 3 BoG Tracks!. The Beerus theme that played when the scene changed to the supreme kai planet was a little wall to wall, but the rest was great!.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:29 pm

So, I usually don`t really watch Kai live, but I happened to find a good stream, so here are my thoughts:

I like the recap theme! A bit cheap on the production side, but the song in itself is good!

I like the intro theme! :D

The Japanese Broly makes a good Babidi!

Wooo, cool Ultimate Mission 2 commercial with Trunks animation!

Cool episode title theme!

The old actors still impress me! They`re still doing a great job!

I`m enjoying the epic music while Goku is talking to Buu while super saiyan!

DAMN COMMERCIAL BREAK!!! AARRGHH!!!

Nah, just kidding, but still, that timing though xD

Oooh, Digimon DVD box o.O And DBKai DVD Box o.O And trailer for the new Naruto game :D

Was that Mister Satan part originally there, in the middle of the SS3 stuff? O.o I don’t think it was…

Was this episode quite different from the original, or is it just me? O.o It felt like they moved a lot of stuff around.

The music when Goku went SS3 was… weak. I liked the fact that it played up the drama, but it felt too… silent. It got better as it went on, but it felt like it started too
calmly, when it should have kicked in big-time right from the start of the transformation… Oh well, it wasn’t that bad.

Btw, is that the first appearance of Tenshinhan in this part of Kai?

The music when Goku finished transforming was pretty good! :D

How much music in this episode was from BOG? Will that music not be in the international version?

Fun end credits song! :D

This episode was good, but I feel that the music really didn’t push the epicenes of the transformation it should…

Btw, Japanese commercials are weird o.O Girls everywhere

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm

That episode was epic! loved it. A real shame we won't have that soundtrack for the SS3 post transformation as it was taken from BoG. I guess we'll have to see how the French Broadcast goes tomorrow evening to see how the International Version does it.
Last edited by DBZ_Lee on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Generic apocalyptic track followed by recycled Battle of Gods music.

At the least the latter worked quite nicely even though it sticks out like a sore thumb and elevates the moment far too much.

Wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing. It was fine, I guess. The super synthy bit during the build up wasn't that great. I much preferred Kei's prediction to what we got (and more so his year-old prediction with BoG tracks.) It wasn't even that far off! I imagine his choice of ending theme will be what is used in place of the BoG tracks in the International broadcast.

My only issue, and this is something many moments in Kai have suffered from, is that it treats the scene like a fan looking back on the moment rather than considering it in the context of the show. It's something the Faulconer score suffered from too. In the original, the scene ends with the slow pan up of Goku's new form and the music playing is full of uncertainty. It's more fearful than 'oh wow, this is amazing' and that's not really something that's captured in Kai.

Oh well, it was always going to be like that.

...And back to ignoring Kai again.
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:33 pm

songohan619 wrote:
How much music in this episode was from BOG? Will that music not be in the international version?
3 Tracks:
Chosen Warriors, Birusu's shadow closing in and Life to be protected if my memory serves me right.

PS: I like the first theme when the transformation started, but I would have chosen another track in the sound director's place :P

My only real fear now is the inmminent return of Disco Ball Z, and the fact that if they had more tracks they would have already put them by now. I get the feeling that the tracks we got are the only ones we will hear during Buu Kai.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I much preferred Kei's prediction
I really like what Kei did there. If that ends up being what we end up getting, I'll be happy with it. Hopefully, one of our French members will be able to confirm how it goes tomorrow evening after their broadcast.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm just glad this wasn't Disco Saiyan 3.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Puto wrote:I'm just glad this wasn't Disco Saiyan 3.
Same. I didn't think they did too bad. They coulda done worse. Nothing memorable and as people have pointed out, it's possible that we're not getting anymore new pieces of music.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 am

Anyone have a link? I normally watch from [deleted fansub site] since the post up with subtitles within a reasonable amount of time but I'm not looking to wait if possible :p

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:39 am

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:45 am

One thing that always bothered me about this part of the Boo arc is why Goku didn't use his Instantaneous Transmission technique to teleport Trunks down to Capsule Corp. Every time I hear Goku tell Trunks to hurry up I'm like "y'know you wouldn't have to be stalling for time so much if you had just teleported him down there in the first place."
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:47 am

i thought so. but i mean since its clearly so prevalent i was hoping for at least a pm or something. :p just ignore it <3

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:03 am

It was better than I expected. The BoG track that plays when SSJ3 gets unveiled was chilling. However, as Black_Liger pointed out, the next track was too wall-to-wall-ish. They should've left the scene silent instead.

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing. It was fine, I guess. The super synthy bit during the build up wasn't that great. I much preferred Kei's prediction to what we got (and more so his year-old prediction with BoG tracks.) It wasn't even that far off! I imagine his choice of ending theme will be what is used in place of the BoG tracks in the International broadcast.
I clicked my tongue when the portion from DBZ episode 245 started because I first threw in the same track, but changed it ultimately for sounding a little too dramatic for the scene.

AjayLikesGaming wrote:My only issue, and this is something many moments in Kai have suffered from, is that it treats the scene like a fan looking back on the moment rather than considering it in the context of the show. It's something the Faulconer score suffered from too. In the original, the scene ends with the slow pan up of Goku's new form and the music playing is full of uncertainty. It's more fearful than 'oh wow, this is amazing' and that's not really something that's captured in Kai.
Yeah, that's one of the biggest problems that every non-Kikuchi score for DBZ has. People tend to forget the show is actually aimed for newcomers and not for fanwank.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:39 am

Liked it very much although I was hoping they'd give him his own Special BGM but it didn't disappoint either, and that BGM they played when he was on Phase 3 was really fitting too!

These shots of Goku from episode 126 were pretty damn nice too:
Masako even at the age of 80 is still rocking the hell out of Goku! :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 am

It was great really :D and I agree with you dbboxkaifan, I was a little bit suprised to be honest...Nozawa's performance was just amazing !
Now I just wonder which piece of music they'll use in the international version.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:25 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:It was great really :D and I agree with you dbboxkaifan, I was a little bit suprised to be honest...Nozawa's performance was just amazing !
Now I just wonder which piece of music they'll use in the international version.
They might or might not use the same track placement, as there are certain batches of the international version that are the same in the japanese, nonetheless, I am hoping for an original piece in the international version. :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Damn Nozawa is such a lady!
How its possible a woman in her age still rock so much. Amazing performance!! :clap:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Apparently, it's the same BGM placement this time, according to a French guy who watched the episode today. :)
I'd like a video proof, though.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:52 pm

^ Indeed, we have a guy that told us the music was the same, which means that Battle of Gods tracks are part of the international version as well by this time in the story (perhaps even when Vegeta sacrificed himself).
We'll likely be able to see the video in the upcoming days, at which point one of us will confirm once and for all for you guys that there is indeed no more different music placements between the Japanese and the international versions.

From now on, what you'll see every Sunday is likely what you'll get regardless of where you are in the world, except for the big four (opening, ending, recap music, preview music).