Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Cold Skin wrote:^ Indeed, we have a guy that told us the music was the same, which means that Battle of Gods tracks are part of the international version as well by this time in the story (perhaps even when Vegeta sacrificed himself).
We'll likely be able to see the video in the upcoming days, at which point one of us will confirm once and for all for you guys that there is indeed no more different music placements between the Japanese and the international versions.

From now on, what you'll see every Sunday is likely what you'll get regardless of where you are in the world, except for the big four (opening, ending, recap music, preview music).
Great news (if this is indeed the case) I really liked the SS3 music placement from the weekend. Fingers crossed for the Vegeta sacrifice scene also matching.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Good to know it's the same because they've done a very decent job with its music placement for this scene, and frankly, they were going with dramatic so it fits the mood.

I dunno how Faulconer fans feel about it but they'll probably like it in a different way too.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Found the scene on YouTube.

I think the music works very well. Nozawa's screams are the best she's done in a long time as well. It's quite remarkable really. I found most of her yells and such throughout Kai to be unfortunately weak, but she pulled through here very well.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 am

A vast improvement over the original version though it doesn't come close to being as good as the Faulconer music. The screaming was really poor though compared to Schemmel, it just sounds like a wailing baby. It's such a poor voice for an adult Goku.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Found the scene on YouTube.

I think the music works very well. Nozawa's screams are the best she's done in a long time as well. It's quite remarkable really. I found most of her yells and such throughout Kai to be unfortunately weak, but she pulled through here very well.
I swear i've heard that music before.. sounds like one of Hans Zimmers tracks...

Will have to do some searching, but its definitely ripping off a action movie score.. from 'The Rock (Michael Bay)' I think.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:40 am

Babidi's reaction to SSJ 3 Goku was awesome. I've always loved that bit in the Funimation dub and here it's just as good.

Also, the shot where baby Goku is curled up in a ball and is spinning has been edited (most likely to get rid of the blinking in the original).

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:10 am

LordCrumb wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Found the scene on YouTube.

I swear i've heard that music before.. sounds like one of Hans Zimmers tracks...

Will have to do some searching, but its definitely ripping off a action movie score.. from 'The Rock (Michael Bay)' I think.
If sumitomo had ripped off any tracks then toei would've already noticed. They probably don't want another yamamoto scandal
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am

Here's a clip from the international version, kindly shared by a French fan.As we said before, it's the same music placement, including Battle of Gods BGM...finally ! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kAx_CL9j8

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:32 am

Bullza wrote:A vast improvement over the original version though it doesn't come close to being as good as the Faulconer music.
[i]From a different forum[/i] wrote:Well it was better than the old crappy Japanese version at least but still nowhere near as good as the Funi version.
I guess I was expecting too much from Faulconer fans to be more open-minded but I should've guessed they'd bash it even though it's really good.
ShinGaijin wrote:Here's a clip from the international version, kindly shared by a French fan.As we said before, it's the same music placement, including Battle of Gods BGM...finally ! :D
Nice to hear them say Saiyan properly but I've gotta say that French Goku's scream fell rather flat and unimpressive like Masako's. :| I recall French Goku being a total badass on the "I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!!" moment.

Here's the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCF7boyiXM
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:58 am

I guess I was expecting too much from Faulconer fans to be more open-minded but I should've guessed they'd bash it even though it's really good.
ShinGaijin wrote:Here's a clip from the international version, kindly shared by a French fan.As we said before, it's the same music placement, including Battle of Gods BGM...finally ! :D
Nice to hear them say Saiyan properly but I've gotta say that French Goku's scream fell rather flat and unimpressive like Masako's. :| I recall French Goku being a total badass on the "I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!!" moment.

Here's the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCF7boyiXM[/quote]
I'm not surprised by there reactions. While I did grow up with faulconer I know better than to me narrow minded that one score is better than the other. Every score so far in the anime has its strength and weaknesses
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 am

I think the scene itself is handled pretty well. This is coming from someone who's only familiar with the Faulconer score for that scene (rather recently, though, like a few days ago).

I have no idea how much usage the apocolipctis :crazy: (I've given up trying to spell this word from memory) track is used before this point, so don't know if it's stale or anything, but MAN does it work for this scene. Didn't somebody bet they would use that in this exact scene?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am

I said it was a vast improvement, I wasn't bashing it at all.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22 am

You said "it doesn't come close to being as good as the Faulconer music" so the problem is that you can't compare either since Faulconer Productions went for an epic badass song whereas Sumitomo gave us a dramatic momento, just like the original version did.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 pm

I thought the problem was that I was bashing it now it's because I'm comparing it? Of course I can compare them.

Original music - Terrible
Kai music - Decent
Funi music - Fantastic

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:16 pm

That sounded like pure Wario channelage.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Okay I just watched. Might be my favorite episode yet. The pace, the music, it all felt right.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:39 pm

What about the recap music? Do we have the serious recap theme the Japanese version is using in the current episodes?
TheAldella wrote:
That sounded like pure Wario channelage.
Haha! I totally hear it! "WAAAAAAAH I'M-A WARIO!!!"
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 pm

That French Goku scream at the start though... sounded like he was crying. It now probably means that Battle of Gods carried over some tracks from the International Version and It wasn't a bad placement. They used the best track so far so props to them.
[i]From a different forum[/i] wrote:Well it was better than the old crappy Japanese version at least but still nowhere near as good as the Funi version.
Ahh the typical DeeBeeZee nostalgia fan...
Last edited by TheKingOfKamehamehas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:32 pm

TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:That French Goku scream man at the start though... sounded like he was crying.
lol you're right he was like "wah.. oh wahh wah", but for fuck sakes why didn't they hire a voice actor who could actually scream and make it believable?!

It's disappointing because the French dub was going strong on Kai 1.0v.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:What about the recap music? Do we have the serious recap theme the Japanese version is using in the current episodes?
No. It's still the remix of Fight it Out.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.