Kai Episode 130 (16 November 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Kai Episode 130 (16 November 2014)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:Cropping made this all the more obvious :lol:
It's the result of merging yourself with other beings. :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:34 am

Daisetsu wrote:This & this are the only other edits, that I can think of, that they've made.
There's also the edit of the budokai staff's head exploding by Babidi's magic. They added palm trees in front of the scene.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 pm

gameleon wrote:
Daisetsu wrote:This & this are the only other edits, that I can think of, that they've made.
There's also the edit of the budokai staff's head exploding by Babidi's magic. They added palm trees in front of the scene.
Haha, what useless and random changes they've made.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:No one noticed that ? :)
They really wasted their time making that pointless "correction'? Even though the end result looks absolutely terrible?

Woooow

Apparently, you don't need much common sense to work on the Buu Arc of Dragon Ball Kai at Toei. I mean, they make one shot -one flipping shot- closer to the manga, but still include filler to pad out the episode count, thus completely cancelling out their sorry attempt at faithfulness to the manga?

Someone really needs to make a version of the Has DC Comics Done Something Stupid Today? website for Toei. :think:
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Oh, in addition to his hand just floating there, I also just realized they forgot to draw the shine on the hand portion of his glove. Brilliant.

I just can't believe anyone thought to pay attention to this ridiculously minor detail, yet they let so many glaring editing issues (like this) and other things go unnoticed. It boggles the mind.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 pm

songohan619 wrote:Who played the blind kid? Was it the same as in Z?
Has this been answered yet? I've been through this thread a couple times now and I can't find an answer.

I remember people speculating about this back when the Buu arc was first announced, but I think everyone's interest vanished before we got this far. I'm guessing if Hayashibara had reprised her role, we'd have had more people talking about it...
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:37 am

Apparently, it's Houko Kuwashima. So, not the same as Z.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 am

Darkblade1995 wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:
Darkblade1995 wrote:A good episode. Liked the new that played during Buu's conversation with the kid. So, next week will be the appearance of Gotenks I guess. And that will be the 40th episode of the Final Chapters, which is the 52nd episode of the Buu arc in z. So only 11 episodes remain to be cut. I hope they cut down the inside Buu filler episodes. Those really annoyed me.
What? We're not close to 40 episodes are we?
This weeks episode was de 32nd episode of the Japanese cut, which makes it the 39th episode of The Final Chapters. So next week will be the 33rd for the Japanese, and the 40th for our version.
I don't exactly follow..

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:00 pm

This weeks episode was de 32nd episode of the Japanese cut, which makes it the 39th episode of The Final Chapters. So next week will be the 33rd for the Japanese, and the 40th for our version.[/quote]

I don't exactly follow..[/quote]

You are aware there are two different versions of the Buu arc for Kai, right??

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:07 am

What you talkin bout, Darkblade1995?

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:27 am

JamesOwnz wrote:What you talkin bout, Darkblade1995?
You know how the Buu arc of Kai was originally only intended to be released Internationally? That version goes by the name Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters. It has a confirmed episode count of 69.

Toei changed their minds somewhere along the way and decided to show it in Japan anyway, but with a few changes. It was simply called Dragon Ball Kai, starting the episode count from 99 rather than 1, meaning it's not a sequel series like the international version. They also replaced the intended theme songs with new Japanese ones. The episode count has also been edited down, presumably so that it would fill a year's time slot, though at the rate things are going now it appears they're being very indecisive as to what the Japanese episode count would be.

Simply put, rather than recall the version they already sent internationally, they simply did their own thing while the rest of the world gets the originally intended product.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."