Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote:No. The series could continue through spring, though, if Fuji TV and Toei Animation want to use it to promote the upcoming movie they could certainly keep it running by not cutting any more.
This is my guess right now, due to the fact they are now simulcasting along with France. Of course, as it has already been pointed out, the only other solution would be to have France show 2 episodes on the Monday night if the Japanese started cutting like they did at the start, thus meaning they still finish in the same place.

I do believe it will continue on until the 1st weekend in July - usually, in Japan, the summer holiday begins toward the back end of July, up to September, which will bring in a new show just in time for that. I'd forecast another 3 weeks worth of breaks between now and then, taking it to the 31 week mark.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 pm

From what I know, all the anime shows in Kai's current timeslot on Fuji ended in March and there's no exceptions so far. As you know, in fact, they even cancelled episode 98 of Kai to start airing Toriko at the beginning of April. I doubt they'll let the Buu arc continue through spring.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:15 pm

kei17 wrote:From what I know, all the anime shows in Kai's current timeslot on Fuji ended in March and there's no exceptions so far. As you know, in fact, they even cancelled episode 98 of Kai to start airing Toriko at the beginning of April. I doubt they'll let the Buu arc continue through spring.
What you say is absolutely true. However, there doesn't appear to be any upcoming Toei Animation cartoons that could replace Dragon Ball Kai as early as spring. A new Digimon animated series is slated for spring but the previous Digimon series aired on TV Asahi in the slot currently held by World Trigger. Toei Animation is not adverse to doing series that are only two cours long given their recent Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou ran in that slot for only six months and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R, which ran between April and September on NTV. Since 2009 Fuji TV and Toei Animation have made the 9AM Sunday block something of a Weekly JUMP block. Is it really that likely that Digimon will take the 9AM slot in spring? Especially with a Dragon Ball movie coming out and needing promotion? Dragon Ball Kai has been dragging its feet for so long I can't help but think this might have been a calculated[ly cheap] way to promote the upcoming film. It also buys Fuji TV's partner in crime an extra three months to produce a successor after 2014 has been their busiest year by far. If Fuji TV was willing to air Dragon Ball Kai again I can't imagine putting up with it through spring 2014 would bother them.

The series would still wind up being three weeks short of a full five cours, right? Perhaps one of those weeks will be a special to help promote the film ala the crossover from 2013?
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:13 am

You guess is pretty logical and plausible, but wasn't the Toriko anime revealed in December? There's still a chance of a new show being announced and it might takes the place of Kai in Apri. Also, Happinet is still planning on releasing only four DVD/Blu-ray boxes which contain 48 episodes in total. They could change the plan from now, though.

Speaking of advertising the new movie, continuing the show is not the only way to do it. They can cut the final Tenkaichi Budokai and make it "extra" episodes only on the home video release, then end the show itself in March and air BoG in April to let the audience experience the upcoming movie in chronological order.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:36 am

Not entirely impossible. Airing the movie would be a good promotion but it does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity for that to be the only promotion. Maybe they could add in the rest of the storyboarded segments of the movie for a third cut?

It's a shame we can't get a remake of the Namek arc in the style of the specials One Piece received. The pacing would probably be terrible but a nice 104 minute special would be nice...although impossible given just how busy Toei Animation is at this point. :lol:
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:04 am

I think Digimon Adventure 03 shall replace Kai.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:24 am

Oh, it looks like World Trigger will run four cours, meaning if Digimon Adventure Tri is going to air in spring as the key visual claims then it will have to either be in a different slot on TV Asahi or a different channel. Dragon Ball Kai might just end in March, after all, leading to Digimon Adventure Tri retaking the slot.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
Lucifer's bimbo daughter