Kai Episode 133 (07 December 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai Episode 133 (07 December 2014)

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 am

sintzu wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:What makes you guys think this was cut from the International version ?
The IV cut the part where Babidi blows up someones head at the Budokai so they might have done the same here.
Wasn't that more of an edit for graphic content due to stricter conditions on all original Japanese content, and not simply a complete omission of the scene? Cause I remember them covering the head explosion with a tree branch but thats it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 am

ShaneisMC wrote:Wasn't that more of an edit for graphic content due to stricter conditions on all original Japanese content.
They also edited the International episode.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:13 am

^Wait, The Final Chapters cut that part completely? How is that possible when the Japanese version retained it, at least in censored form?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:16 am

sintzu wrote:
ShaneisMC wrote:Wasn't that more of an edit for graphic content due to stricter conditions on all original Japanese content.
They also edited the International episode.
Right but its not edited further from the original japanese content. It is technically uncut because the Japanese version of Kai is to some degree edited from the original anime due to stricter laws overall for what can be shown under new japanese laws.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 am

ShaneisMC wrote:
mcdonough88 wrote:It seem Buu-Kai will end at 48 episodes
I don't see how they could POSSIBLY condense another 38 episodes down to 13 no matter how fast they blaze through. That's nearly a 2/3 cut out.
Easy:
Buutenks fight 2 episodes
Buuhan fight 2 episodes
Goku Potara stuff 1 episode
Vejiito fight 1~1 1/2 episodes
Earth destroyed etc etc 1 episode
Goku Buu Fight 4 episodes
Wrap-up 2 episodes

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:45 am

Are you guys sure it's a Japanese cut episode, cuz the episode still felt normal to me, even if they did cut out 4 manga pages. But then again, episode 106 was also cut heavily from the international version and still was a good episode in my opinion. I guess time will tell.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:01 am

For me personally, the pacing in that episode was no different to what it has been since they started using International episodes.
The ratio here was still 1:1 with "Z" and ended at the same place as 253, which is consistent. Apart from the obvious omission due to censoring in Japan, I believe this is yet another episode from the original version.

The NEP would also suggest 134 will finish at the end of 254 (though I could be totally wrong). They still need to cut 11 episodes exactly between now and the end of the International Version (assuming I'm right).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:They still need to cut 11 episodes exactly between now and the end of the International Version (assuming I'm right).
Which episode is the IV at ?

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 am

sintzu wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:They still need to cut 11 episodes exactly between now and the end of the International Version (assuming I'm right).
Which episode is the IV at ?
Tomorrow airs the 42nd episode of The Final Chapters on J-One.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:49 am

Darkblade1995 wrote:
Tomorrow airs the 42nd episode of The Final Chapters on J-One.
Remaining Z episodes = 38
Remaining I Kai episodes = 27
Remaining J Kai episodes = 13

So they're going to cram 38 episodes into 13 for the JV ? That's going to be interesting.

Dbz-Lee :

What are you're over all thoughts on the IV ?
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

dany1994gus

Post by dany1994gus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:07 pm

They removed the scene where these thieves kill the elderly! for ami was censorship! also appears in the original manga
can not speak English, I translate with google translator

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTKppq ... jDWabydx0g

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I stopped watching this two months ago. Really disheartening to hear they're cutting parts out from the manga after leaving so much filler / padding in. I was a big fan of Kai's original run, and was hoping they'd finish it on a high note.

What do we know about the International version? I've only heard that it'll be longer than Japan's run. I'm fine with fixing the excessive cuts that were made, but will the scenes that are already too long be even longer? Will it keep all of the filler Japan left in?
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:56 pm

FatNagger69 wrote: Will it keep all of the filler Japan left in?
It'll have that and more.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 pm

FatNagger69 wrote:I stopped watching this two months ago. Really disheartening to hear they're cutting parts out from the manga after leaving so much filler / padding in. I was a big fan of Kai's original run, and was hoping they'd finish it on a high note.

What do we know about the International version? I've only heard that it'll be longer than Japan's run. I'm fine with fixing the excessive cuts that were made, but will the scenes that are already too long be even longer? Will it keep all of the filler Japan left in?
I see you're new here, so I'll explain the deal. Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters was produced for the international market with a new score and Japanese language track recorded. Toei changed their minds and decided to air it anyway, or rather a cut-down version of it to save time. The FInal Chapters is 69 episodes (cut down from Z's 92) and we're guessing this one's going to be around 50-52 episodes. The pacing could really go anywhere, really. The Engrish theme songs were also replaced by new Japanese ones, along with most traces of the former in the score removed (recaps and NEPs).

So, basically, anything that you see in the Japanese version (minus OPs and EDs) is in the international version. Anyway, welcome to Kanzenshuu! :D

"This sucks. Make more."

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:So, basically, anything that you see in the Japanese version (minus OPs and EDs) is in the international version.
Damn. That's what I figured, but having it confirmed is very disappointing.
Valerius Dover wrote:Anyway, welcome to Kanzenshuu! :D
Thanks! I've been here for years, but never bothered posting.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Finally watched the episode, the ending was a lil bit rushed, hope they keep the elderly couple murder in the international version. An amazing new track that rivals Joe Hisaishi's compositions, and a good amount of silence to boot, I'm very happy with this episode, let's hope they keep at it.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Norihito Sumitomo certainly has quite a bit of range judging by the track samples I've heard. You get disco songs that wouldn't be out of place in a dishwasher commercial followed by, as others have said, tracks that sound like they're from a Ghibli film.

I still think that disco track is pretty catchy, though. I actually like it, judging by the scenes I've checked out here and there. So, no negativity here.

"This sucks. Make more."

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Black_Liger wrote:An amazing new track that rivals Joe Hisaishi's compositions.
Sheesh, that's some high praise.

Definitely don't agree.

What do you think is so good about it?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:08 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Black_Liger wrote:An amazing new track that rivals Joe Hisaishi's compositions.
Sheesh, that's some high praise.

Definitely don't agree.

What do you think is so good about it?
There's nothing wrong about it, atleast, about this particular track, what is wrong about it?, are there some bad tracks on the whole sountrack? Yes, are there some terrible ones?, of course. But, is this track bad? Not in a million years. Lesser tracks on other anime are called good, so this one, at the very least is good. And in my opinion, pretty freaking badass.

As for Why I signal Hisaishi, The particular feel and wind work have a feel like "The Legend" (I think that's the name), the style of composition reminds me of the style Hisaishi used here, of course Hisaishi has a better experience with longer motifs, but Sumitomo, atleast on this one, got the hang pretty well.
Valerius Dover wrote:Norihito Sumitomo certainly has quite a bit of range judging by the track samples I've heard. You get disco songs that wouldn't be out of place in a dishwasher commercial followed by, as others have said, tracks that sound like they're from a Ghibli film.

I still think that disco track is pretty catchy, though. I actually like it, judging by the scenes I've checked out here and there. So, no negativity here.
Agreed, I have grown to like the disco track too, but it certainly is not a track to use on thriumphant and serious scenes. it would have fitted perfect for the first episodes in non serious action scenes, and maybe now in Goten and trunk's versions. I am very dissapointed how Toei has single handedly shifted all the hate no sumitomo, if they had a better placement with the better tracks playing, People would like him better, they just use his MEH stuff often and leave his grandier compositions out of the picture or over use good tracks.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Does anyone think that this track sound a bit like the track that first played when Gohan went crazy when Spopovich was beating up Videl??
When I heard this track I knew I heard it before in the Kai soundtrack. The middle part sounds exactly like it to me at least.