Kai Episode 135 (21 December 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ajay

Re: Kai Episode 135 (21 December 2014)

Post by Ajay » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:It hasn't started yet, no. In 2013 Kyle Herbert and Sean Schemmel reported that they were recording it but earlier this year FUNi came out and said they hadn't started yet and have no plans. Most people theorise that they're just keeping it under wraps until it's ready.
I definitely think it has at least been started. I'm thinking they are going to work it like the first phase of Kai. Kai 1.0 began in Japan April 2009 and FUNi began releasing the dub in May 2010. Kai 2.0 started in Japan April 2014, and I have a feeling we may begin seeing releases in Spring 2015.
Yeah, with the comments from Schemmel and Herbert, I'm 90% sure they've already recorded it. I'm sure, like you say, we'll be seeing it at some point in 2015.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:48 am

Part of me wonders if FUNimation thought they would have it out by now. I mean, in the extras section of the English Battle of Gods home video release, in that behind-the-scenes video of the dub recording, there's that part where Sabat clearly says to Hebert, "I know we toned Gohan down for Kai, but..."

One would think, if they were that serious about protecting an NDA, that they wouldn't have included that in the home video release. They must have thought for sure that the dub for the Buu arc of Kai would be out by now.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:24 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Part of me wonders if FUNimation thought they would have it out by now. I mean, in the extras section of the English Battle of Gods home video release, in that behind-the-scenes video of the dub recording, there's that part where Sabat clearly says to Hebert, "I know we toned Gohan down for Kai, but..."

One would think, if they were that serious about protecting an NDA, that they wouldn't have included that in the home video release. They must have thought for sure that the dub for the Buu arc of Kai would be out by now.
I still think what happened was Nicktoons passed on picking up more, and with the Vortexx closing up, it caused the announcement to get delayed. I'm still hoping FUNimation doesn't decide to wait until Toonami reaches those episodes to finally release them on DVD and BD.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:40 pm

ChibiGoku wrote:
TheBlackPaladin wrote:Part of me wonders if FUNimation thought they would have it out by now. I mean, in the extras section of the English Battle of Gods home video release, in that behind-the-scenes video of the dub recording, there's that part where Sabat clearly says to Hebert, "I know we toned Gohan down for Kai, but..."

I still think what happened was Nicktoons passed on picking up more, and with the Vortexx closing up, it caused the announcement to get delayed. I'm still hoping FUNimation doesn't decide to wait until Toonami reaches those episodes to finally release them on DVD and BD.
I agree that FUNi probably planned to have at least started releasing Buu Kai by now. I think the delay has more to do with Toei deciding to go ahead and air the show in Japan rather than it just being an international release.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Dragon Ball Kai Buu Saga has me absolutely PLEASED with their work!! Much better tracks compared to the original Japanese Audio DBZ. No more awkward and unfitting instruments during serious/emotional moments! (or ANY moment for that matter..)

The flow is good. Some say they should have cut out showing a lot of Mr. Satan and Buu interaction, but when this saga was released I think Akira Toriyama was aiming for something different than Cell/Frieza sagas. I didn't mind seeing a couple episodes showing Buu's innocent side. I like the character development, besides - if they did any more editing, it might just look too rushed.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 am

I loved this episode! Buu's eyes look great too!
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.