Kai Episode 145 (22 March 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Kai Episode 145 (22 March 2015)

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 145, aired 22 March 2015

奇跡は一度… なるか悟空とアイツの超合体
Kiseki wa Ichido... Naru ka Gokū to Aitsu no Chōgattai
A One Time Only Miracle... Will the Super Combination of Goku and That Person Succeed?
-Rachel

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 145 (22 March 2015)

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Great episode again, loved the music when Goku fused with Vegeta, not sure if it's new or not?. Anyhow, there's exactly 23 episodes of Z left to cover, and only 15 left of Kai - so 8 episodes remain to be cut.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:51 pm

First Buu Kai ep I've seen in a while. Music only works sometimes. I still like these Gokû and Vegeta moments though.
Next ep looks at least two episodes in it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:24 pm

OK, here's the fusion scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41hUkHGpFIM
Great episode, but hey, there's TOO MUCH music.For God's sake, what's their problem with the silence ?
DBZ_Lee wrote:Great episode again, loved the music when Goku fused with Vegeta, not sure if it's new or not?
It's not really a new track, they used it in Kai#133 when Super Gotenks appeared, but this time unused parts of this track have been unveiled. :thumbup:
It reminds me some Yoko Kanno's composItions in The Vision of Escaflowne.

Also...no one else noticed that ?
Post-Porygon standards strikes again ! Really awfully done. #SABAN

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:26 pm

I really liked the song that they used when Vegetto appeared! But on the other hand, what the fuck was up with the editing when they're body's hit during fusion?? So they just decided to have a frozen image with the brightness increasing? What were they thinking? I know they only do this to remove the epileptic flashing lights but they really could've done a better job there, it looks incredibly awkward.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:03 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I really liked the song that they used when Vegetto appeared! But on the other hand, what the fuck was up with the editing when they're body's hit during fusion?? So they just decided to have a frozen image with the brightness increasing? What were they thinking? I know they only do this to remove the epileptic flashing lights but they really could've done a better job there, it looks incredibly awkward.
I know what you mean
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 am

So Base Vegetto will be a thing... ehh

Someone wake me up when Kai 2 gets announced. I actually want it to follow the manga this time.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 am

Given that there have been a few censorship differences between the Japanese and International versions, is there a possibility that the frozen frame moment isn't there in the International version?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 am

Any episode that contains that disco track is automatically terrible.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 am

Wow, I didn't notice it until now but Ryo Horikawa's voice has gotten more... gravelly? It was much smoother in Z.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:04 am

Doctor. wrote:Wow, I didn't notice it until now but Ryo Horikawa's voice has gotten more... gravelly? It was much smoother in Z.
Yeah, he's had a bit of a smokers voice since the first Kai.

I quite like it, honestly.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I really liked the song that they used when Vegetto appeared! But on the other hand, what the fuck was up with the editing when they're body's hit during fusion?? So they just decided to have a frozen image with the brightness increasing? What were they thinking? I know they only do this to remove the epileptic flashing lights but they really could've done a better job there, it looks incredibly awkward.
Also, the scene where Vegeta shoots Buu like Piccolo is edited really terribly. They edited out the shot in which Buu creates a barrier and bounces the blasts, and instead, they inserted a shot with... well, just a background. What the hell? I don't even understand what's happening only with the Kai version.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

kei17 wrote:
Also, the scene where Vegeta shoots Buu like Piccolo is edited really terribly. They edited out the shot in which Buu creates a barrier and bounces the blasts, and instead, they inserted a shot with... well, just a background. What the hell? I don't even understand what's happening only with the Kai version.
In terms of editing this one is the cheapest one done not counting the early saiyaman stuff in the Japanese tv edit
PSN SonGoku325

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

kei17 wrote:
Dear Dende, yes, both of those were terrible and VERY noticable.

Music and said music's placement was also pretty awful, especially after last week's punchline to the elder Kaioshin's death being done so well. (But do I praise them for the one moment that stands out in a positive light since the Buu arc started?)

Buu's "clockwork pink" theme gets worse everytime I hear it.

Vegeta sees Super Saiyan 3 all the way from hell. Surprised at the news of Bulma's death.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:30 pm

I liked if only for the fact that the original animation for this scene was already good and it's nice to see with brighter colors and clean up. Looks like the low quality team does Base Vegetto next week. Fortunately it looks like they'll cut the Dabura in Heaven junk and fit Super Vegetto's fight too.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Rukura wrote:Music and said music's placement was also pretty awful, especially after last week's punchline to the elder Kaioshin's death being done so well. (But do I praise them for the one moment that stands out in a positive light since the Buu arc started?)
Motoyama's method for music's placement :
>>>>>>>>>>>>>[]

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:06 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:
Rukura wrote:Music and said music's placement was also pretty awful, especially after last week's punchline to the elder Kaioshin's death being done so well. (But do I praise them for the one moment that stands out in a positive light since the Buu arc started?)
Motoyama's method for music's placement :
>>>>>>>>>>>>>[]
that's a good one :lol:
PSN SonGoku325

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Rukura wrote:Vegeta sees Super Saiyan 3 all the way from hell. Surprised at the news of Bulma's death.
After being shocked in seeing Super Saiyan 3, maybe he went to do another thing... Being irritated, of course. :lol:

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Dyno wrote:
Rukura wrote:Vegeta sees Super Saiyan 3 all the way from hell. Surprised at the news of Bulma's death.
After being shocked in seeing Super Saiyan 3, maybe he went to do another thing... Being irritated, of course. :lol:
That would be vegeta for you
PSN SonGoku325

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Dyno wrote:
That would be vegeta for you
I guess I can buy that.

On another note, the next episode preview confirms another filler fight staying in Kai. Here's hoping they don't also cut a canon scene, like in the base Gotenks episode.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0