Kai Episode 153 (17 May 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 153 (17 May 2015)

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Puto wrote:Listening to that scene, the main thing that comes to mind for me is just how much worse Ryō Horikawa's current voice sounds the more I hear it :/
I thought his performance was lacking during the Saiyan arc of Kai, but I think it got better as the series went on. I love the intensity of his performance in that clip.

Also, does anyone have any screenshots for this episode? The Dragon Box footage for this episode was oddly extremely green. Therefore, if it has the same colors as the rest of the arc, then it's pretty safe to assume that the tint is coming from improper monitor calibration, because if they were just adding green to the footage, then this episode should be way more green than the rest.

Here are some Dragon Box shots for reference:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri May 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Here's some screenshots from the Fuji TV raw.
Here's some shots from earlier episodes (TV + Blu-ray mix):
Hard to tell, really. It seems to vary from episode to episode. I almost want to say that this week's episode was marginally less tinted than previous episodes, but that may just be the lack of auras in the episode. That's generally where it's most obvious.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat May 23, 2015 5:06 am

Puto wrote:Listening to that scene, the main thing that comes to mind for me is just how much worse Ryō Horikawa's current voice sounds the more I hear it :/
Smoking will do that to you.