Kai Episode 155 (31 May 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kai Episode 155 (31 May 2015)

Post by Hujio » Sat May 30, 2015 6:08 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 155, aired 31 May 2015

オラに元気を分けてくれ!作るぜでっかい元気玉!!
Ora ni Genki o Wakete Kure! Tsukuru ze Dekkai Genki-Dama!
Give Me Your Energy! We'll Make a Huge Genki-Dama!!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

TripleRach

Re: Kai Episode 155 (31 May 2015)

Post by TripleRach » Sat May 30, 2015 9:10 pm

If anyone was wondering, Jouji Yanami still voiced Kaiou in this episode.

It shouldn't be a huge surprise considering it's not much different from his narrator voice, but I know there's been a lot of concern about him lately.
-Rachel

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat May 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Probably not too surprising since this was all recorded prior to the health concerns arising.

I think it'll be Super that'll give us the biggest indicator.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Not a bad episode, the filler was retained (but nothing that contradicts the Story), finished at the end of Z 284. 7 episodes left to cover, with 5 of Kai (International). It's looking like straight up Z 285, 286 & 287, then cut out the filler episode totally (288) and then edit the final three episodes of Z down into 2.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sat May 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Well, this one wasn't bad at all.Can't wait to hear Let it Burn, maybe next week !

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:17 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:Well, this one wasn't bad at all.Can't wait to hear Let it Burn, maybe next week !
How was the placement?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Great placement for Farewell. This episode may have some filler but there's enough going on to keep it entertaining.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun May 31, 2015 12:25 am

TripleRach wrote:If anyone was wondering, Jouji Yanami still voiced Kaiou in this episode.
It's all so strange. The first thing that tipped everyone off to a potential problem was when Yanami didn't reprise his role as Dr. Brief (which is pretty much his normal voice) in an earlier episode, yet here he is as Kaio (also pretty much his normal voice) in a much later episode. Maybe he just really loves that one role and wanted to stick with it 'til the end? Isn't it the general consensus that these episodes were likely recorded before the extended edition of "Battle Of Gods" (in which Yanami played both characters)? I don't think I could possibly be more confused.

How did he sound in this episode? Was it on-par with his usual performance? I know these episodes were recorded forever ago, but still.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:43 am

LuckyCat wrote:Great placement for Farewell. This episode may have some filler but there's enough going on to keep it entertaining.
Wait! They finally used farewell again after 35 episodes? Yes!
PSN SonGoku325

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun May 31, 2015 12:54 am

By the way, haven't we kinda run out of fitting moments for "Let It Burn" to play? It's not exactly a happy song. The only intense moment we've got left is... Buu pushing back the Genki-dama?

I'm starting to think they're just not going to bother, unless everyone else knows something I don't.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:59 am

MagicBox wrote:By the way, haven't we kinda run out of fitting moments for "Let It Burn" to play? It's not exactly a happy song. The only intense moment we've got left is... Buu pushing back the Genki-dama?

I'm starting to think they're just not going to bother, unless everyone else knows something I don't.
Well weren't songs like chaser, muteki aura no energy and win tough fight created for show but were never used
PSN SonGoku325

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 am

Naruto6583 wrote:Well weren't songs like chaser, muteki aura no energy and win tough fight created for show but were never used
They were created for the Kai song albums. They weren't composed or recorded with any particular episode in mind.

People seem to be so sure that "Let It Burn" is going to play during an episode. I was just wondering why. I don't recall anyone ever announcing that it was an insert song.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

MagicBox wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:Well weren't songs like chaser, muteki aura no energy and win tough fight created for show but were never used
They were created for the Kai song albums. They weren't composed or recorded with any particular episode in mind.

People seem to be so sure that "Let It Burn" is going to play during an episode. I was just wondering why. I don't recall anyone ever announcing that it was an insert song.
ohhhh okay. As for let it burn we will have to see who knows
PSN SonGoku325

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:11 am

And we'll probably not even hear Let It Burn in the Japanese version.

But anyway I thought this was a pretty good episode. Farewell was nicely placed with Vegeta's speech to the Earthlings. And according to the Next-Episode preview, Goku will throw the Spirit Bomb. I don't know if they will end the episode with him throwing the Spirit Bomb, or if it will contain the entire Kid Buu vs. Spirit Bomb struggle. But we'll see if for ourselves next week.
Last edited by Darkblade1995 on Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun May 31, 2015 10:31 am

Well, considering how Toei was cheap, they didn't create a whole song for it not to be used. And it isn't "opening/ending" size either, so if Toei bothered to create a whole five minutes songs (and didn't plan for any song collection this time), it has to be an insert song.

The vibe of the song, especially at the beginning, clearly gives a "the big final decisive moment has arrived" which anyone can tell just by hearing it and the song's lyrics seem to talk about "release your energy" "just once more".
It all fits within the context of the final Genki Dama struggle.

Due to the song "decisive moment, are you ready?" intro followed by the action, I would think it will start with its intro when Goku says the ball is ready to be thrown (sort of "everybody back away, get to safety, the big finale is gonna start") with the actual rock song starting right when Goku throws the ball.

But you also have to take into consideration that the preview for the next episode can sometimes show the final moment, and all that we see is Goku throw the ball, perhaps as the episode's final moment, which is a bit short as the song would barely have time to start, and they made it five minutes long for a reason. So they might keep it for the actual struggle between the two opponents in the episode after that, and even the final blow from Goku.

It's also possible that, like previous insert songs in Kai, they will use it more than once: they could use it for the perfectly fitting moment where Goku is ready and throws the ball just for a few seconds, and then use a longer instance of the song in the next episode during the actual struggle.

But much like Darkblade has said, there's a good chance it will not appear as-is in the Japanese version since it's an English song: either they'll have it play as an instrumental (if they still have it) or they'll replace it with a regular Kai track, or they'll replace it with a movie track to keep the "unique one-time track" concept.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 31, 2015 10:38 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:(but nothing that contradicts the Story)
Another scene of villains watching from filler hell was kept, so not quite. Kinda funny that the DB Super reminder landed right when Freeza was on screen, too.

Pretty straightforward episode, especially since it'll have less and less filler going forward. So it'll be even more straight Z episodes. Score continues to underwhelm in a big way.

It feels more and more clear to me that Super will most likely be post-Oob. Don't see why they'd show the 28th tournament from Z (which they surely will) and then go back for Super, which is rumored to include scenes from throughout the series in the opening and/or ending.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun May 31, 2015 2:41 pm

They better not use that or I'm going to be pissed. That song sucked (at least imho :p whatever that's worth.) definitely doesn't feel Dragon Ball. I know that this final major scene is going to be extremely difficult to please at least me, I really really loved the original Kikuchi song for the scene.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:09 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:They better not use that or I'm going to be pissed. That song sucked (at least imho :p whatever that's worth.) definitely doesn't feel Dragon Ball. I know that this final major scene is going to be extremely difficult to please at least me, I really really loved the original Kikuchi song for the scene.
What if they used the song from vegeta's respect?
PSN SonGoku325

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sun May 31, 2015 5:11 pm

Nothing will live up to that original scene. Too classic. That being said considering all the tracks available that one is probably the best pick unless anyone can think of another. That being said, anybody wanna try to throw together a custom version of the scene with that piece to see what it would look like?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:27 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:Nothing will live up to that original scene. Too classic. That being said considering all the tracks available that one is probably the best pick unless anyone can think of another. That being said, anybody wanna try to throw together a custom version of the scene with that piece to see what it would look like?
That would qualify getting a good rip which isn't easy since that song was only used twice
PSN SonGoku325