Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 am

supercat wrote:Even half an entire episode is more than generous for someone like Tien. Luckily Goku and Vegeta had some of that spotlight. Although they really should have had a lot more.

Tien should have either gone down when Narirama went on his rampage or when Kale was powering up. He could have easily been one of the weaklings who flew off the arena when she powered up. The gust alone should have been able to send him off the arena while possibly destroying him in the process. It's disappointing to see other universes even having fighters as weak as Tien.
You really hate Tien, and I really don't know why.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 am

JazzMazz wrote: You really hate Tien, and I really don't know why.
It's a classic case of becoming the monster you were trying to defeat all along.
He even takes dumps on Piccolo now for whatever reason.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm

JazzMazz wrote:You really hate Tien, and I really don't know why.
I thought the same as well. I mean Tien role in this episode was good for me, after the way he was trashed before the ToP I was expecting for him to go down first and yet he didn't. Though many may argue that he deserved a better highlight than this episode, I was satisfied.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Colonel Silver
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Colonel Silver » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Call me cynical but I personally believe that Tien got a lackluster showing because Toei didn't want to blow any of their budget on animating his huge repertoire of techniques and abilities. Lol

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Roshi's episode wasn't exactly an animated master piece. But he still got a great showing. I just don't think anyone knows what to do with Tien besides having him spam KiKoHo. Him doing that to Cell is more often than not the first thing I hear from folk whenever the topic of "what cool things did Tien do" comes up.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Roshi's episode wasn't exactly an animated master piece. But he still got a great showing. I just don't think anyone knows what to do with Tien besides having him spam KiKoHo. Him doing that to Cell is more often than not the first thing I hear from folk whenever the topic of "what cool things did Tien do" comes up.
Which is funny because while it may be his most powerful showing his DB fights with Goku....much more interesting and cool.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Angrist Hand

Post by Angrist Hand » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Roshi's episode wasn't exactly an animated master piece. But he still got a great showing. I just don't think anyone knows what to do with Tien besides having him spam KiKoHo. Him doing that to Cell is more often than not the first thing I hear from folk whenever the topic of "what cool things did Tien do" comes up.
There is nothing to do with Tien. He's a trash character with a trash design and trash moveset. They should of let Tien die a legend in Dragon Ball Z.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:04 pm

i still find this episode to be the best of the TOP. or one of the bests. it has this magic of mystery in it

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Angrist Hand wrote:
There is nothing to do with Tien. He's a trash character with a trash design and trash moveset. They should of let Tien die a legend in Dragon Ball Z.
Hes not trash. In rof he killed hundreads of frieza's army