Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:46 pm

NOTE: Please be sure to have watched the episode with any necessary subtitles (see: Crunchyroll / Daisuki / FUNimation). Or unnecessary subtitles too, if you like.

Please adhere faithfully to the Kanzenshuu forum rules.

-------------------------------

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super episode 106, aired 3 September 2017

見極めろ!姿なきアタッカーとの死闘!!
Mikiwamero! Sugata-naki Atakkā to no Shitō!!
Figure It Out! Death Match Against an Unseen Attacker!!

Summary:
Muten Roshi decides to rest for a bit following his battle with Ganos, and tells Goku to go off and fight for him. Meanwhile, Gohan and Piccolo are battling Dr. Rota, the warthog man from Universe 6. Rota announces that he shall teach them why he is called “doctor”, but before he can explain his ability, he is suddenly shot down by a ki attack from afar. Piccolo and Gohan take cover from the shots that follow, which Piccolo deduces are a type of concentrated ki attack similar to his own Makankosappo.

The two are unable to sense their attacker’s ki, and are hemmed in by the pinpoint accuracy of the shots. The two discuss strategy, unaware that they are being observed by one of many small floating balls, which also serve to reflect the shots. Piccolo decides for them to suppress their ki and relocate to another piece of rubble for cover, but as soon as they move, Piccolo’s arm is shot off. He grows it back and reassures Gohan that he is fine; their first priority is still to locate the sniper. Taking cover, Piccolo stretches his arm out to draw the enemy’s fire, giving Gohan the opportunity to observe the direction the blast comes from.

Since there is no sufficiently big rubble to use as cover over in the enemy’s direction, Piccolo has Gohan throw a boulder into the air, and blasts it to produce smoke to conceal their approach. On their way over, they discover a floating ball, and wonder if the sniper is using it to track them. Indeed, another shot soon comes their way, and Piccolo smashes the ball. He thinks about how they can still be tracked in this smoke. Is it heat?

Off in the audience, the Omni-Kings wonder why Gohan and Piccolo have remained in one spot for so long, and the Great Priest explains to them what a “sniper” is. Tenshinhan comes across the unconscious Dr. Rota (he was left alive, since killing him would disqualify the sniper), and warns Goku and Vegeta about the sniper when they show up. Vegeta contemptuously thinks it should be easy to dodge attacks like that, but the sniper’s next shot zooms past his head, narrowly missing him. Vegeta is annoyed at this enemy for attacking without showing himself.

Meanwhile, Piccolo has now lost both of his arms from the sniper’s attacks. He grows them back, but regenerating so much is taking a toll on his stamina. Still, his only concern is that Gohan is safe, and he has now confirmed that the sniper is tracking them by their body heat. The two start warming up various spots on the surrounding rubble to create multiple heat sources, confusing the sniper. But the sniper responds by firing off a huge number of shots all at once, to draw them out of their hiding place.

Goku, Vegeta, and Tenshinhan observe Gohan and Piccolo as they dodge these numerous shots, and spot what they think is the sniper. In fact, this first enemy (the U2 warrior Prum, who also creates the floating balls) is merely reflecting energy blasts fired by the true sniper (the U2 warrior Hermila), located elsewhere. Vegeta and Goku go off to take out Prum, while Tenshinhan goes to help Gohan and Piccolo. Vegeta and Goku confront Prum, blasting him with a Galick Gun and Kamehameha, but Prum reflects Vegeta’ second blast back at them.

It turns out Prum is simply a decoy. He conducts reconnaissance, but when it comes to attacking he just reflects Hermila’s blasts, meaning Goku and Vegeta should have gone after Hermila first. Vegeta tells Goku to handle Prum, and tries to go take care of Hermila, but Hermila keeps changing position. To track him down, Tenshinhan splits into four people: with all the extra eyes, he can track Hermila down, but splitting his power and speed in four has left him defenseless against Hermila’s blasts. It is now a question of if he can reach Hermila before all of his clones are shot down.

Since ki blasts don’t work on Prum, Vegeta and Goku start throwing rubble at him. Hermila is now too busy dealing with Tenshinhan to fire at Prum, leaving him defenseless. Hermila manages to eliminate all but one of the Tenshinhans, but the remaining one is close enough to nail him with a Shin-Kikoho. Hermila is too wounded to lift his arms up to fire, and seems to surrender. Tenshinhan praises him for putting up a good fight, and prepares to finish him off.

However, Hermila fires straight down at the ground, causing Tenshinhan to fall out of the arena. This time it is Hermila’s turn to sarcastically praise Tenshinhan, but Tenshinhan’s three clones reappear and drag Hermila down out of the arena with them. Tenshinhan and Hermila are both officially eliminated, and without Hermila’s support, Prum has no way of attacking. Dr. Rota has recovered, and goes after Prum for revenge, once again declaring that he will show why he is called “doctor”. But before he can explain about his ability, Vegeta blasts him and Prum out of the arena.

Though Prum and Hermila have been dealt with, Universe 7 has lost its second team member. Still, Vegeta is unconcerned, saying that he simply needs to take out all the remaining enemies himself. Goku agrees that they will just have to do Kuririn and Tenshinhan’s share of the fighting too.

32 minutes remain in the Tournament of Power.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Just watched the episode... and... nothing. It was one of the worst, if not the worst, episode ever. :thumbdown:
didnt like anything i saw, it was ugly and boring. :yawn:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Interesting episode. Nothing too special but I enjoyed it, wouldn't call it the worse. Don't know why people like that meme with each coming episode.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:05 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Just watched the episode... and... nothing. It was one of the worst, if not the worst, episode ever. :thumbdown:
It wasn't as bad as episode 101.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 pm

MaskedRider wrote:Interesting episode. Nothing too special but I enjoyed it, wouldn't call it the worse. Don't know why people like that meme with each coming episode.
Tbh I enjoy every episode of dbs but today, just nope. I got bored.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:16 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
MaskedRider wrote:Interesting episode. Nothing too special but I enjoyed it, wouldn't call it the worse. Don't know why people like that meme with each coming episode.
Tbh I enjoy every episode of dbs but today, just nope. I got bored.
That's fair, this episode was honestly a bit boring compared to other episodes. I thought it was interesting because while Gohan and Piccolo were being pinned down and focused on, Goku and Vegeta with Tenshinhan stepped up to help and I'm not going to lie I was very disappointed with him being eliminated (despite knowing it had to come sooner or later) but that elimination he pulled while falling with no fucks to give look on his face makes it up for me.
Last edited by MaskedRider on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Looks like we'll see the full extent of Frost's power next week and dive more into Frost's true colors during his rampage.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm

I liked Tenshinhan's four man sentai pose.
Vegeta's plan to throw rocks and Gokû joining in was fun.

I'm worried the ending animation character order theory may come true though. Oh no Vegeta.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Chuquita wrote:I liked Tenshinhan's four man sentai pose.

I'm worried the ending animation character order theory may come true though. Oh no Vegeta.
I actually wouldn't mind if Vegeta were to be the next person to be eliminated after Tenshinhan. I would be rather amused if that were to happen especially the outrage that will come as a result of that.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:31 pm

I wonder how Vegeta will get defeated and by who... maybe Hit? or Jiren? :shh:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 pm

It was an okay episode. Nothing too special about it and I'm really disappointed Tien didn't last long enough to be the one to take out Damon and Gamisarasu. Oh well...at least he took someone out with him.

Anyways, next episode is Toshio written and I remember Toshio saying he was doing a U3 episode. Looks like Maji Kayo is going to have some more focus again!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Pretty good episode. I like how the universe 7 members were involved in it. Tien had some cool moments and I really like the way he eliminated the sniper dude.

So Tien's out. If that theory of the current ending revealing the order of the eliminations through their appearances is actually legit, then Vegeta might be next. I really hope that doesn't happen and it's just a coincidence so far.

Next episode looks really good.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 pm

I didn't hate this one as much as I think a lot of people did. It had a neat concept and the first half of the episode was actually pretty tense. Yeah, it sucks that Tien's big moment was undermined, but at this point I'm so starved for Universe 7 to have some losses I'll take it. And the strategy with the multiforms was pretty cool.

I'd call it a B grade episode. Doesn't hit the heights of the last few, but not the worst either.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:49 pm

I had fun watching this episode. It wasn't the best, but it worked. I want to know what Dr. Rota's ability is now. :P
It's easy to tell that it's the next episode everyone's gonna be talking about, though. Tons of stuff there.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Is that really how Tien went out? He deserved a lot more than this episode.

Toei need to stop abusing Piccolo's regeration abilities all the time, however hopefully that will be the last of Piccolo protecting Gohan.

We didn't get to see what exactly Dr Rota could do and the tag team between the 2 from Universe 2 obviously had a huge fault if they their opponents find out what they are actually doing.

Vegeta gets another 2 easy knockouts even though they were targeting Piccolo and Gohan. This leaves 36 fighters left.

Jiren is finally doing something next episode and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes out all of Universe 3 himself. Roshi might actually do something against Frost next episode but Frost will be probably end up doing some sneaky stuff.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:54 pm

This episode was GREAT. Don't know what any of you are talking about lol

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I liked Tenshinhan's four man sentai pose.

I actually wouldn't mind if Vegeta were to be the next person to be eliminated after Tenshinhan. I would be rather amused if that were to happen especially the outrage that will come as a result of that.
To be fair they've been really weird about how they're utilizing Vegeta this arc; I won't be too broken up about it if he gets KO'd next.

Now if this were one or two arcs ago, then I'd be upset.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Another good episode, the only real complaint I have is the first half felt different from the 2nd half. If you had Goku and Vegeta dodging the sniper fire then Tien coming in would be one thing but the first half had Gohan and Piccolo dodging and I would have felt better if they dealt the final blow. Other then that I liked Tiens strategy and even took the sniper with him. Also I loved the joke how we never got to know why he's called Doctor.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Definitely a step down from last week. Like that Tien got the highlight though. Seeing Piccolo get torn up was also good to see. Can't wait for the "DODGE" jokes.

I hope the ending is just a coincidence though. Vegeta getting out next would make me very upset. Excited for next week's episode though

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Just watched the episode... and... nothing. It was one of the worst, if not the worst, episode ever. :thumbdown:
Care to explain why?
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl