Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am

I didn't even know IGN scored episodes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

7.2 isn't bad at least.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 am

If one thinks at tournament rules, a cold "logic" approach would have been let Roshi die, then hide his corpse under some ground, hoping that nobody will find it. Technically, it would have counted as an additional point at the end of the match. So, win the mach and then use Dragon Balls to revive him...

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

Boo Machine wrote:I didn't even know IGN scored episodes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

7.2 isn't bad at least.
Don't take IGN seriously, they rated episode 100 the best episode of the tournament and praised it as one of the best episodes of Super.
Gig wrote:If one thinks at tournament rules, a cold "logic" approach would have been let Roshi die, then hide his corpse under some ground, hoping that nobody will find it. Technically, it would have counted as an additional point at the end of the match. So, win the mach and then use Dragon Balls to revive him...
That really wouldn't work. All their fights are being monitored, so if anyone dies the person that killed them would be disqualified and the person killed would also be eliminated because they are unable to compete if they're dead.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

So why didn't Krillin & Tien received the same threatment as Roshi, I always Thought Krillin was the most popular of the three yet Roshi got More respect & screentime
Mostly active on discord.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:31 am

Gig wrote:If one thinks at tournament rules, a cold "logic" approach would have been let Roshi die, then hide his corpse under some ground, hoping that nobody will find it. Technically, it would have counted as an additional point at the end of the match. So, win the mach and then use Dragon Balls to revive him...
Ofcourse the grand priest would not notice it.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 pm

precita wrote:IGN only gave this ep a 7.2
Lol, IGN? How did CNN rate it? :lol: :lol:
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

SonReggie wrote:
Super_Divine_Genki wrote:. It would be completely fine by me if Piccolo made it further than Goku for Team U7, even though we all know that Goku will get the best moment of the ToP in. Goku could then cheer on along with the other OG DB gang. But, I'm not sure that Super is bold enough to remove the franchise' most popular character from the ever-escalating fighting too early, even by some odd way.
This would be REALLY interesting to see. Whilst I know it won't happen, how WOULD Goku cope with being sidelined? Granted, he took a back-seat in the Cell saga, but that was by HIS choosing, motivated mostly by a desire to see what Gohan could do if pushed far enough. However, he has no such motivation here - in fact, he's made it very clear that - to him - this is all about seeing how far he could push himself - and I have a difficult time believing that he would be content to just sit and watch.
Good observation. Yeah, Goku has been more amped up than usual when it comes to showing other combatants that he's ready to take them all on, so much so that some perceive him as being evil. Of course, Goku wouldn't be content to be out, but we know that he would be very supportive anyway, and it wouldn't be jobbing if he's out. Maybe he will "let his guard down" for a moment standing confidently after he got a huge elimination, or out by some bizarre technicality. It's not unlike Goku to be susceptible through his naivety in trusting others, which is another possible factor. That's always been his nature.
Ziegander wrote:What are the odds that Super goes even further with the nostalgia ride and has Gohan get his left arm crippled and then come out on top for the Z-Fighters against a big baddie with a huge upset? I'm not necessarily saying Gohan defeats Jiren, maybe Goku and Jiren are both out of the ring before the end of it, though, and Gohan finally makes good on his "team leader" status.
I can't say about the crippled arm, but this has been my thought for months - Gohan being the last standing for Team U7. It is a nostalgia ride in some ways. We know that Gohan has always been a re-active fighter, triggered by emotional reflex. Gohan will defer to others if possible, and I don't see him revealing all of his power if Goku is still in play. The best of Gohan is seen only when he is the last option and boxed into a corner, and we know that his family's existence is in his thoughts. With his bond with Piccolo being as strong as ever being highlighted during this run, that's even more incentive. Plus, he's just due... something. The calls for "asspull" can be heard miles away, but that's Super. :p

Anyway, I don't want this speculation to go off-topic. I am a bit more intrigued by how this may play out than I was at the beginning, and that's because this tournament has provided some unexpected "feels".

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Even tho their were some oddities , this episode didn't make me physically angry like the majority of them have but only because their was some decent animation going on.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 pm

snpaa wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Even tho their were some oddities , this episode didn't make me physically angry like the majority of them have but only because their was some decent animation going on.
I think it's time to take a break if a cartoon makes you physically angry.
The gr wrote:So why didn't Krillin & Tien received the same threatment as Roshi, I always Thought Krillin was the most popular of the three yet Roshi got More respect & screentime
Krillin's VA was too busy with One Piece and Japan doesn't like Tien.
Feels over Reals.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:11 pm

RedHeat wrote: I think it's time to take a break if a cartoon makes you physically angry.
Meh I oversold it , annoyed would be the more appropriate term.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:33 pm

This is gonna go the way of the last tournament, isn't it? The rules are gonna just stop mattering, making me wonder why the fuck they were even there in the first place.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:01 pm

snpaa wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Can someone PM me all these comics?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:58 pm

I can't believe the amount of death beams Frost fired at Roshi and not an ounce of blood was exposed...
This Is the only let down of the episode for me, and It's just disappointing. What's the deal with Toei not showing a little blood? Have they forgotten how bloody Z was? It ruins the whole dreaded experience!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:01 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:I can't believe the amount of death beams Frost fired at Roshi and not an ounce of blood was exposed...
This Is the only let down of the episode for me, and It's just disappointing. What's the deal with Toei not showing a little blood? Have they forgotten how bloody Z was? It ruins the whole dreaded experience!
Back then, censorship laws in Japan were laxer on things like violence.

Years later, with extended review and analysis, the censorship laws were made stricter with regards to things like violence, especially for a Sunday kids cartoon like Dragon Ball Super. That's just the legal climate that anime in Japan works with now.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:I can't believe the amount of death beams Frost fired at Roshi and not an ounce of blood was exposed...
Back then, censorship laws in Japan were laxer on things like violence.

Years later, with extended review and analysis, the censorship laws were made stricter with regards to things like violence, especially for a Sunday kids cartoon like Dragon Ball Super. That's just the legal climate that anime in Japan works with now.
So how come One Piece still has blood? Bias going on Toei?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm

BTW, I heard a funny joke that said that Jiren was once a typical scrawny grey alien until he started watching One Punch Man and did Saitama's training regimen.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 am

ekrolo2 wrote:This is gonna go the way of the last tournament, isn't it? The rules are gonna just stop mattering, making me wonder why the fuck they were even there in the first place.
Guesstimating, i'd say when the last fighters are standing, around 15-10, i can see the Zenos/GP introducing different rules.

I am also wondering what would happen if by the end of the tournament, there are more then two universes, each with a single fighter on the arena. This would be a complicated (and maybe planned) draw and probably introduce another ToP, maybe with a hierarchy design rather then a ToP.

I am expecting a backplan from the fighters, something they would all agree upon, to oppose the system they are fighting on.

PS, last manga chapter clearly shows the main persons behind the ToP and erasure idea are the Zenos, not GP.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:16 am

Are you forgetting the "non-killing rule", and that Frost expressly said he's holding back, trying to not kill his opponents?

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:32 am

JazzMazz wrote:
That really wouldn't work. All their fights are being monitored, so if anyone dies the person that killed them would be disqualified and the person killed would also be eliminated because they are unable to compete if they're dead.
Arg wrote: Ofcourse the grand priest would not notice it.
Guys, are you forgetting the rules? It has never been been stated that a dead guy would be disqualified... it has only been stated that "even incapacitated members are still counted 'in', as long as they are not thrown off the arena" ("being unable to compete" isn't a problem). And that "killing someone will cause you disqualify", it has never been stated that also the killed one will be disqualified.

So, even if the Grand Priest would of course notice it, he would not automatically disqualify the dead guy, as long as his corpse is on the arena. So, hiding (or protecting) the corpse from other players would still be a valid move.

It is still "possible" that they would automatically disqualify a dead guy, but unless it is actually stated, the general rules suggest the opposite.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 am

Gig wrote:
Are you forgetting the "non-killing rule", and that Frost expressly said he's holding back, trying to not kill his opponents?
And are you forgetting that you can cut some one up without killing them? That's what Freeza did to Piccolo when he purposefully took his sweet ass time taking him down and Piccolo looked shreded. Hell, even Super had Gohan get clearly visible holes blown through him when Freeza death beamed him in F.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):