Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm

NOTE: Under no circumstances should you watch this episode without the necessary subtitles (see: Crunchyroll / Daisuki / FUNimation).

And don't even think about breaking the Kanzenshuu forum rules, either.

-------------------------------

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super episode 108, aired 24 September 2017

フリーザとフロスト!交わる悪意!?
Furīza to Furosuto! Majiwaru Aku'i!?
Freeza and Frost! Intersecting Evil?!

Summary:
As Goku and Ribrianne continue to trade blows, Goku is impressed by her fighting spirit, though she insists she is simply fighting out of love. She fires off her Pretty Cannon and Pretty Love Machine Gun techniques at Goku, who seems to be confused by such love-based attacks. On the sidelines, the gods from the exempted universes observe the tournament’s progress. U8’s God of Destruction Liquiir thinks that Ribrianne might last until the end, while U12's Kaioshin Agu notes that all three of U11’s remaining warriors are quite powerful. The U1 Kaioshin Anato dismisses the tournament as a battle between low-leveling universes, saying it won’t matter which one wins, while U5’s Kaioshin Oguma is terrified to think what would have happened if their own universe was involved in the tournament.

While Freeza decides it’s time to find a new “playmate”, Gohan struggles against the U3 robot-like warrior Bollaleta. Gohan eventually retreats, but before he can go rejoin Piccolo, he is attacked by the U2 Yardratian warrior Jimeze. Gohan realizes that he can’t drop his guard against an opponent who can teleport, and sure enough, Jimeze starts teleporting around, attacking Gohan from his blind spots. Gohan is impressed at Jimeze’s mastery of teleportation; outmatched by Jimeze’s speed, he is helplessly knocked around.

Just as it looks like Jimeze will finish Gohan off, Freeza steps in, saying he’s disappointed that Gohan would have a hard time against such an opponent. When Freeza makes no move to attack Jimeze, over on the sidelines Kuririn starts to worry that he has betrayed them…maybe he’s going to ring Gohan out himself! Muten Roshi is likewise worried that Freeza is simply using this tournament as part of some evil scheme. It’s even possible his ultimate goal is something beyond just being resurrected. Shin notes that if Freeza is the last man standing, he’ll get to use the Super Dragon Balls, which can grant wishes even Earth’s Dragon Balls can’t (Whis adds that they could even kill a god). Since they don’t know what Freeza’s wish may be, they can’t relax even if U7 wins the tournament.

Meanwhile, Jimeze vows to defeat both Gohan and Freeza, but Freeza says he will wait until Jimeze and Gohan have finished their fight, and not interfere. Jimeze and Gohan start fighting again, and Jimeze still seems to have the upper hand, but when he charges up a blast to finish him off, Freeza blasts it away, claiming that his hand slipped. Watching the fight made Freeza change his mind about the whole “not interfering” thing, so Jimeze decides to take him down first. But he proves no match for Freeza, who already knows about his teleportation skills and has no trouble countering him. Freeza attacks Jimeze so brutally that the U2 gods are worried he’s dead, but Freeza assures them he made sure not to hit his vitals. He knocks the still quite gravely injured Jimeze out of the arena, eliminating him from the tournament.

Gohan is mad at Freeza’s brutal methods, but Freeza says none of it would have been necessary if Gohan had simply fought at full power right from the start. Just then, Frost arrives and congratulates Freeza on his wonderful fight. It turns out that the two of them are in cahoots (since both have a bone to pick with the Saiyans), and now plan on defeating Gohan. Freeza offers to let Frost take care of Gohan, but Frost insists Freeza have that honor. After all, this way he can confirm that Freeza truly intends to work with him. He’ll watch from the sidelines with a beam attack ready in case Freeza betrays him.

As Freeza starts attacking Gohan, the Omni-Kings are surprised to see two people from the same universe duking it out. Champa’s not entirely sure what’s going on, but cheers Freeza on regardless. Gohan finally gets mad and starts landing some blows. Seeing Gohan use his true power, Freeza decides to get serious too, powering up into his golden form. It doesn’t take Golden Freeza long to knock Gohan unconscious. Frost (who by now has stopped charging his beam attack) comes up to congratulate Freeza; he didn’t know he was so powerful.

Freeza says that if Frost trains he should be able to obtain such power too…well, maybe not his Golden form, but at least his super muscular form (as when he used 100% of his power against Goku on Namek). Freeza demonstrates this beefy transformation, which Frost can indeed perform as well. Freeza advises Frost that since this form quickly eats up stamina, in order to use it effectively he must go all-out right from the start of battle. He offers Frost one last piece of advice: not to trust anyone. And with that, he blasts Frost out of the arena.

As the Great Priest announces Frost’s elimination, nobody is quite sure what happened. Then Gohan gets back up, and it turns out that his battle with Freeza was a sham. Gohan explains that he realized from Freeza’s first attack that he wasn’t serious, and decided to play along (fortunately, since Freeza claims otherwise he really would have killed him). Freeza says there’s no way he would ever actually team up with a small-timer like Frost. Outraged, Frost tries to attack Freeza from his spot in the bleachers, but the Omni-Kings intervene and apparently erase Frost. Attacks from outside the arena aren’t allowed, and if it happens again they’ll destroy all of U6!

Beerus thinks that now they can be certain Freeza is on their side, though Kuririn is not so sure. Freeza walks away, telling Gohan that the two of them should continue to work together to win the tournament. Elsewhere, Goku continues to struggle against Ribrianne.

29 minutes remain in the Tournament of Power.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Seeing the NEP, maybe Ribrianne has a second form or something.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Welp, Dragon Ball is officially dead to me.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 pm

So people still think Final Form Frost > Final Form Freeza?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 pm

That's it, this is by far the best episode of the tournament. Just the way Freeza trolled Frost like that and Frost's reaction when he got sent to the bleachers was just UTTERLY PRICELESSS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:27 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:Welp, Dragon Ball is officially dead to me.
Well, here we go again...........

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Y'know, a reasoning behind your angst would be appreciated.

Good episode. Kinda disappointing coming off of last weeks fantastic episode. Lots of cool Freeza moments throughout it. Loved that he screwed over Frost, that's a very Freeza thing to do. Frost getting erased was something that I did not see coming.

The NEP looks so fucking wild. Did I just see a Genki Dama?!

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Frost got a taste of his own medicine. What goes around comes around. Trusting Freeza was a huge mistake.

Hopefully he's gone for good this time now that he's erased.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.
It's a nice example that even if you're a villain, there's always someone who's more evil than you.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Seeing the NEP, maybe Ribrianne has a second form or something.
I am believing more that to That Ribrianne does now a 2nd form, one beyond the wing power we just saw and we will see that later on in the Tournament after Goku vs. Jiren gets going.

I was disappointed however that this episode only had them in base power mode when Ribrianne has tanked both SSJ-Vegita and 17 at high power well. So I guess they want to again shave both of them, Ribrianne mainly for later and Goku for Jiren. :think:

But still I was hoping for more of a higher power battle, Goku was giving a good amount and Ribrianne BARELY looked winded, but she would not be only fighting at that level. So I was please with that part of the fight, but it was to short only 3-5 mins at BEST long and to low level.

Hoping they both get more serious later, but mostly I am Hoping after the ToP Arc Goku and Ribrianne become more friends for the next arc. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Y'know, a reasoning behind your angst would be appreciated.
Permanently erasing a great character like Frost so even if they did a way to spare the universes, he's gone still. All so boring Frieza can be celebrated more.

Who cares about new characters when we can just keep bringing back Frieza over and over again!!!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 pm

WOW Frost.

Freeza double-crosses him AND the Omni-Kings erase him for trying to take action against Freeza from the stands?

He believed in you, Freeza! You were his "senpai"!

That's a rough end.
He'll probably be back though. I maintain my theory that everyone's being wished back at the end of this arc.

Also poor Gohan.
He now has to live with the knowledge that Freeza came to his rescue.

There was not enough Goku vs Ribrianne in this episode for me.
They were only there to book-end the episode it seems. Oh well.

Still don't care about Jiren, but excited for some Limit Break Form Goku.
Semi-disappointed in how all they added for Ribrianne's final form is a pair of wings, but I understand she's only a parody-mix of the sailors and precures so I guess it makes sense.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Freeza truly is the worst kind of scum. :lol: But at least he's not stupid. :thumbup:

I'm guessing everyone from U7 contributes to Goku's SSB KKx20-enhanced Genki Dama. But it's still not enough...
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 pm

I think this could be the the best episode of Frieza yet as he got rid of that cheating bastard Frost.

It looks less likely now that we won't find out why Jimeze was on team Universe 2 as he is now onocked out.

Gohan must be damaged a little but it wont make a difference.

I thought Frieza was not betraying when Gohan was keeping up with him for a little in Golden form as that is way more powerful than Gohan's Ultimate form. Then when Frost and Frieza were speaking everyone knew then that Frost was definitely finished.

The special is basically Goku vs Ribrianne and Goku vs Jiren and I suppose Ribrianne has a good chance of being knocked out. I wonder why Jiren is attacking now?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Huh, when I was watching the live stream, it said the next episode title would be "これぞ全宇宙一の究極バトル! 孫悟空VSジレン!!", but now on Crunchyroll it's something else (悟空に迫る最強の敵!今こそ放て! 必殺の元気玉).

I think it's because one is 109 and the other is 110, but I forgot which is which.

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:47 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: It looks less likely now that we won't find out why Jimeze was on team Universe 2 as he is now onocked out
....he's obviously just from Universe 2? It's been stated time and time again, Saiyans only exist in U7 and U6. Not all of their races are exclusive to U7/U6.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Ep was good. the goku vs brienne stuff looked good but the rest was avg-decent. totally called that freeza would just be toying with frost. shocked zeno erased that dude lol 2 callbacks were freeza beating jimeze like he did vegeta with the tail and how frost was about to blast freeza like freeza did goku in namek.

the nep showed few hints of avg looking footage. there's no reason it should have anything below good looking visuals or animation. even the way that spirit bomb came to jiren looked pretty tame and whatever. hopefully the time until it airs will let the animators polish it up. hope the episode is great.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).