Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am

Freezerbaby wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:
The Nep clearly shows jiren blocking the heart-stopper very easily.
Did you see the image captured from the NEP where Jiren has a big gaping HEART STOPPER!! indent in his chest? It's VERY easy to miss.
Can you post that image? I only see Hit landing a punch on Jiren at the end of the nep, but that´s about it.
Here it is.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am

Freezerbaby wrote:
Did you see the image captured from the NEP where Jiren has a big gaping HEART STOPPER!! indent in his chest? It's VERY easy to miss.
Can you post that image? I only see Hit landing a punch on Jiren at the end of the nep, but that´s about it.
Here it is.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
:o :o :o :o Had to rewatch the NEP and stop it over ten times in that scene to catch it, no wonder I missed it, looks like Jiren will be able to unbelievably tank it anyway.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 am

Was there a new sound designer on this episode? I noticed some of the effects sounded really different, most notably Goku's ki blasts making a "pew pew" sound.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

The one thing I'm disappointed about MG is that it didnt have an ahoge like it had in the promo visual.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Was there a new sound designer on this episode? I noticed some of the effects sounded really different, most notably Goku's ki blasts making a "pew pew" sound.
We already heard those pewpew sounds back on EP 84 when Goku threw ki blasts and destroyed Krillin's kienzans.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:
Here it is.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
:o :o :o :o Had to rewatch the NEP and stop it over ten times in that scene to catch it, no wonder I missed it, looks like Jiren will be able to unbelievably tank it anyway.
That definitely doesn't look like he's "tanking" it. He looks legit shocked.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

upcoming episode(s) summaries have landed and they are shocking. the titles are click-bait lately :lol:
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 pm

A quick thing I realized about why the past couple of episodes have also worked well, in the context of the tournament. Events finally have some consequences and everything feels more tight.

If you follow my posts, you might remember one of my biggest complaints has been how the early parts of the Battle Royle feel very disjointed, so even though some episodes are good, they seemed way too self-contained in the context they were going for.

However, I'd say since the Roshi episode, things are tying up more and everything actually feels like taking place at the same time:

- Roshi uses up a lot of power against the U4 warriors, causing Frost to go after him.
- Maji Kayo is introduced here as well, who Jiren takes out to hype him up a little prior to the big fight.
- Frost fails in his goal to take out weaker opponents so he looks for an alliance with Freeza, causing his downfall.
- Goku is stopped in his tracks by Ribrianne, which eventually leads him to finally come face to face with Jiren alone.
- 109 and 110 can be taken as one big episode
- Jiren being busy with Goku is what prompts Hit to take a shot at him.
Spoilers for here on out;
[spoiler]- Hit is taken out, giving confidence for other guys to take on Universe 6, promting Vegeta to save his pupil Cabba
- Goku is still out, so he gets help from the Saiyan girls to get back his strength (as them repaying the debt from 101)
- this all brings the Saiyans together, which I think is leading to a big brawl between all six of them[/spoiler]

With the exception of the Tien episode which kills the whole momentum previous episodes build, everything ties together very well, alleviating some of the big pacing issues this Tournament has had. Leading into the climax, at least, since there's few things that really mattered happening prior to those I mentioned. (U9's erasure, Kale's ramapge and Hit vs Dyspo being the only ones that come to mind).
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Looks like Toei took down that video that had over 8 million views. Shame, I wanted to see how high it could actually go.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 pm

I bet we'll find out Jiren's heart is on the other side of his chest or something. Because aliens.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:20 am

mAcChaos wrote:I bet we'll find out Jiren's heart is on the other side of his chest or something. Because aliens.
He'll pull a Souther and I'll lol if that's the case.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 am

Jigurashi wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:I bet we'll find out Jiren's heart is on the other side of his chest or something. Because aliens.
Now if only he had half as much personality as Souther...

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Souther was great. Not many DB characters match his quality anyway. But I have no problem with the stoic, cool and detached Jiren. He ain't no Souther, but I like him.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 am

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: He'll pull a Souther and I'll lol if that's the case.
Souther was great. Not many DB characters match his quality anyway. But I have no problem with the stoic, cool and detached Jiren. He ain't no Souther, but I like him.
Yeah, most of Hokuto No Kens cast is great, if very cheesy.

My problem with Jiren, is that we already had a super stoic badass in Hit, and Hit only became his own character in that mini-assassination arc, in the tournament he was just kinda of a generic stoic badass that really wasn't all that interesting.

Somehow Jiren is even more uninteresting and boring than Hit was back in the tournament. Until we learn something interesting about Jiren I'll continue not caring about him(though I will say his voice actor is pretty cool, major props to him).

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Now if only he had half as much personality as Souther...

My problem with Jiren, is that we already had a super stoic badass in Hit, and Hit only became his own character in that mini-assassination arc, in the tournament he was just kinda of a generic stoic badass that really wasn't all that interesting.

Somehow Jiren is even more uninteresting and boring than Hit was back in the tournament. Until we learn something interesting about Jiren I'll continue not caring about him(though I will say his voice actor is pretty cool, major props to him).
Isn't Jiren's voice actor (Eiji Hanawa) the one who voiced Kenshiro?

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Souther was great. Not many DB characters match his quality anyway. But I have no problem with the stoic, cool and detached Jiren. He ain't no Souther, but I like him.

HE IS!?

THATS GREAT!!

NO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GIVE HIM SO GREAT LINE, AND JIREN COULD ACTUALLY BE ENTERTAINING!

Sorry for the all caps, I just had to let out my excitement at learning that the VA for Kenshiro was working on Super.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Yeah, most of Hokuto No Kens cast is great, if very cheesy.

HE IS!?

THATS GREAT!!

NO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GIVE HIM SO GREAT LINE, AND JIREN COULD ACTUALLY BE ENTERTAINING!

Sorry for the all caps, I just had to let out my excitement at learning that the VA for Kenshiro was working on Super.
I guess the deep voice makes sense for Jiren then.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 am

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Isn't Jiren's voice actor (Eiji Hanawa) the one who voiced Kenshiro?
HE IS!?

THATS GREAT!!

Yeah it does fit.

All they need to do is actually give him some great lines and it'll all be good.

Could you just imagine how meta it would be for Jiren to say "omea mo shinderu"?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: HE IS!?

THATS GREAT!!

Yeah it does fit.

All they need to do is actually give him some great lines and it'll all be good.

Could you just imagine how meta it would be for Jiren to say "omea mo shinderu"?
I'd lol if he said that. Maybe that's what they're doing. Jiren got Ken's seiyuu, UI Goku was pulling some HnK stuff, maybe we'll see more of that in the rematch.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 am

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: I guess the deep voice makes sense for Jiren then.
Yeah it does fit.

I'd lol if he said that. Maybe that's what they're doing. Jiren got Ken's seiyuu, UI Goku was pulling some HnK stuff, maybe we'll see more of that in the rematch.
Yeah, him reciting one of Kenshiro's one liners would be really amazing, they already sort of did when he said that this was Goku's limit, but a full on reference would just be so sweet.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

It had me on the edge of my seat! I truly thought Goku had died! I thought he was finished!
El Conejo Malo