Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Torturephile
Regular

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Torturephile » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Bio Broly wrote:GAF closed and now i feel sad :( but cant stop from talking Dragon Ball so I'm here Hi everyone.

been trying 15 minutes to make an Avatr but it always says URL invalid even resizing the image I'm not sure what to do :oops:
You could probably ask for help here:
viewforum.php?f=1
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Blank

Post by Blank » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Did anyone else have a problem with caulifa wanting to fight a tired out goku? The reason I'm asking is because she's being a hypocrite. She begged goku to let her go when she was exhausted after fighting the pride troopers.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Blank wrote:Did anyone else have a problem with caulifa wanting to fight a tired out goku? The reason I'm asking is because she's being a hypocrite. She begged goku to let her go when she was exhausted after fighting the pride troopers.
No she didn't. She asked Goku if it was alright for him to just let them walk away like that and he said it was fine, he knew they'd get stronger and they'd fight again then. And it's not like Goku couldn't just use IT to pop somewhere else if he really didn't want to fight.

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

Post by KidGoku>3 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm

My fav 2 parts

1- Freeza eliminating Cabba. When Cabba got saved I rolled my eyes really didn't like how easily they gave SSJ2 to him but then again they've been doing this for all of U6 saiyans so meh. Freeza is a boss though, more likeable then he ever has been. Did what most us were feeling at that point, to see some eliminations. I bet Freeza would've eliminated Vegeta too in a h2h. Would've loved to see that.

2- Toppos mega burn after Vegeta calls him second fiddle. But so are you ? That's the coolest Toppo has ever been.

Overall found ep 111 and 112 just meh. Not bad not great. I hope they speed up the eliminations though. It's 1 every episode lately, if at all. Still so many fighters left.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:07 am

KidGoku>3 wrote:I bet Freeza would've eliminated Vegeta too in a h2h. Would've loved to see that.
I'm pretty sure the second fiddle would eliminate the third in a h2h.

DbzRab

Post by DbzRab » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:20 am

Does anybody think that the end of the future arcs have some good foreshadowing. Beerus said to goku 'stop relying on us gods' etc and now in this current arc, beerus is relying on the mortals?

Plague-Memories
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Plague-Memories » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Really fun episode. Took me awhile to get caught back up with Super but I'm glad I did.

Okora

Post by Okora » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:26 am

KidGoku>3 wrote:My fav 2 parts

1- Freeza eliminating Cabba. When Cabba got saved I rolled my eyes really didn't like how easily they gave SSJ2 to him but then again they've been doing this for all of U6 saiyans so meh. Freeza is a boss though, more likeable then he ever has been. Did what most us were feeling at that point, to see some eliminations. I bet Freeza would've eliminated Vegeta too in a h2h. Would've loved to see that.

2- Toppos mega burn after Vegeta calls him second fiddle. But so are you ? That's the coolest Toppo has ever been.

Overall found ep 111 and 112 just meh. Not bad not great. I hope they speed up the eliminations though. It's 1 every episode lately, if at all. Still so many fighters left.
How was that easy?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:57 am

I would say Cabba's SS2 transformation is arguably more convincing than Gohans from a writing perspective. Arguably(namely because Gohans SS2 transformation is dumb).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 am

Where are all the topics in the Episode Discussion Archive by the way?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:36 am

Bullza wrote:Where are all the topics in the Episode Discussion Archive by the way?
Zeno erased them, deeming only one fit to stay.

Go here to see the latest updates about their whereabouts!

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am

Solid episode. Up until the initial "Berserker" Kale episode (before the ToP), I had been completely indifferent to Cabba. That's where it started to turn for me in recognizing some value in his character. This episode pushed me a bit more in that direction too -- I'm liking this kid. The funny thing is that in both episodes, he had been rag-dolled around for almost the whole time. And just as with Hit and others -- his best showing was in his elimination episode. The original U6 are now in the seats.

Vegeta was great here. Giving Cabba a "kick in the rear", and then confronted by Toppo and having that hilarious exchange. Points for continuity by mentioning Planet Salad (Sadala? Sadal... ?) -- many Kanzenshuu-ers can rejoice at the high probability of a visit there. I liked how with having witnessed what that freak Jiren is capable of, Vegeta is still set on winning this whole thing. Previously, Vegeta would have been out of his mind at how overwhelmingly strong someone was, but here he remains confident.

I have to agree with many others about Freeza. Whenever he's onscreen, he steals the show almost every time. Interestingly, he wants full control over the gods -- but, how can he do that if he's... DEAD?! His 24 hour time limit is still in-play...

Toshio putting in some nice work with the script. And no wonder this episode was strong -- Shida on storyboard, and Iwai as director. Looks like Toshio and Iwai had previously joined forces on Episode #104 (Goku and Hit episode). Good stuff from the staff all-around.

But... I have to deduct at least one point from this episode. I didn't get my weekly fill of Ribrianne being sent through any rock formation (c'mon, they're everywhere!). All that she needed was ten seconds of screentime. Inexcusable, Super. Joking, joking... :D

Finally, I've been indifferent to Caulifla as a character so far, BUT her voice actress really sells her. The character is good, but everything is just being given to her, and all within just a couple days. Tingly-back-SSJ-syndrome is super strong with this one. To get back to voices, Ribrianne's voice actress has also been standout (not featured in this episode).

Anyway, I think that Super has been on a roll lately.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:00 pm

I'd be so down for a spinoff about the Universe 6 Saiyans, with Jaco.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm

1- Freeza eliminating Cabba. When Cabba got saved I rolled my eyes really didn't like how easily they gave SSJ2 to him but then again they've been doing this for all of U6 saiyans so meh.
I feel Cabba earned SSJ2, at least compared to what Cauli and Kale have gotten handed to them.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm

JazzMazz wrote:

I would say Cabba's SS2 transformation is arguably more convincing than Gohans from a writing perspective. Arguably(namely because Gohans SS2 transformation is dumb).
Cohan is my least favorite character and I like Cabba...that said, Gohan going SSJ2 made infinitely more sense than anyone universe 6 getting their transformation.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

JazzMazz wrote:

How? Gohan's transformation still holds the most emotional weight of any transformation in the series, in my opinion.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:36 am

KameNinja45 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:

How? Gohan's transformation still holds the most emotional weight of any transformation in the series, in my opinion.
Its the epitome of poorly writtern emotional anime catharsis scenes. How he attained the form was beyond the beyond level of stupid. From the stupid plot device Cell Juniors, to Gohan being an idiot and not even attempting to help his friends, to Gohans transformation being triggered by a character that he has no emotional attachment to. The entire scene is just really dumb.

That doesn't mean it wasn't cool as hell though.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am

JazzMazz wrote:
KameNinja45 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I would say Cabba's SS2 transformation is arguably more convincing than Gohans from a writing perspective. Arguably(namely because Gohans SS2 transformation is dumb).
Its the epitome of poorly writtern emotional anime catharsis scenes. How he attained the form was beyond the beyond level of stupid. From the stupid plot device Cell Juniors, to Gohan being an idiot and not even attempting to help his friends, to Gohans transformation being triggered by a character that he has no emotional attachment to. The entire scene is just really dumb.

Honestly the only dumb part I found was that he eventually was motivated by fucking 16, you know because Gohan never met him before and has no connection with him whatsoever. But other than that, the death of 16 was very emotional and the entire scene. I can't say it's not awesome just because of one flaw.

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:37 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
KameNinja45 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I would say Cabba's SS2 transformation is arguably more convincing than Gohans from a writing perspective. Arguably(namely because Gohans SS2 transformation is dumb).

Sure, the Cell Juniors were a little stupid, but I thought they were fine, and Gohan couldn't have helped his friends, Cell would've stopped him.
16's death didn't trigger his transformation, his words did. The original Funimation dub tacked on a monologue that made it sound like it was for 16, but in ever other version he's silent, as if he's going over those words in his head.
It's not perfectly clear, but it's very safe to assume that it was 16's words that unleashed Gohan.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Gligarman wrote:I'd be so down for a spinoff about the Universe 6 Saiyans, with Jaco.
I'd sure be supportive of that if it meant getting them off this show.

Wasted wishing, I know.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.