Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 pm

After knowing that the next episode might be U3's end, I can say I hope to see a little bit of the final confrontation (U7 vs. U11) before the year's end.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Michsi wrote:
Amir wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
Says you, seems like most people familiar with the character around hear find it to be a nonsense cheers lol
Still doesn't make the elimination bad.

It made sense. It's your problem for not accepting such a logical explanation. Picvolo himself said that if he focused on the sound he could have won.
It's because it's not logical that people are unconvinced. Having the character mention the misstep doesn't make the whole thing any more believable as a narrative decision. If he had wings and forgot how to use them, but then mentioned on the bench how he forgot how to use would that make the whole thing any less ludicrous?

Just because the story tries to offer an explanation doesn't mean people will just accept it unquestiongly.
But it's not the same. You can't forget to use your vision or wigns and things like that. But the concept of not hearing because lack of focus or focus on something else is very realistic and logical. It happens in real life. Calling it ludicrous is plain wrong.

As for the arm extend ability Piccolo has, the explanation is really simple, he was too overwhelmed from the assault that he didn't have time to recover quick enough. The show shouldn't even adress something like that because it's super
obvious. In fact, I would have been mad if they did. When Krillin got eliminated by Frost, he didn't use a ki blast to jump back in like he had done earlier, because earlier, no one attacked him.

People make excuses, in reality, they are just salty that Piccolo got eliminated by a bug so casually without any drama. I agree that Tien's and Krillin's eliminations were bad because they both fell for something they shouldn't have: being ''off guard'', a very annoying cliche that doesn't even suit those characters. It was stupid, but here it wasn't.

I still thought the episode was weak because of the overall direction and how everything was so underwhelming and rushed. I wouldn't call it a super bad episode like the sniper episode, though.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Amir wrote:I still thought the episode was weak because of the overall direction and how everything was so underwhelming and rushed.
Precisely, hence why people are upset about Piccolo going out in such fashion lol

Jables

Post by Jables » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Unbelievable Piccolo didn't use his stretchy arms to just grab the stage and pull himself up. He merely slipped off the edge. Very underwhelming defeat for such a fantastic contribution to the team.

Another episode without any real attention for Freeze which is upsetting.

Interested to see Gohan and Vegeta take it up another notch in the coming episodes.

I am 100% convinced at this point Vegeta is going to learn the auto-attack part of Ultra Instinct, and he will fuse with Goku to learn their greater potential.
If I had one wish on the Dragon Balls it would be for Gohan to become relevant again.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 am

Amir wrote:[
But it's not the same. You can't forget to use your vision or wigns and things like that. But the concept of not hearing because lack of focus or focus on something else is very realistic and logical. It happens in real life. Calling it ludicrous is plain wrong.

As for the arm extend ability Piccolo has, the explanation is really simple, he was too overwhelmed from the assault that he didn't have time to recover quick enough. The show shouldn't even adress something like that because it's super
obvious. In fact, I would have been mad if they did. When Krillin got eliminated by Frost, he didn't use a ki blast to jump back in like he had done earlier, because earlier, no one attacked him.

People make excuses, in reality, they are just salty that Piccolo got eliminated by a bug so casually without any drama. I agree that Tien's and Krillin's eliminations were bad because they both fell for something they shouldn't have: being ''off guard'', a very annoying cliche that doesn't even suit those characters. It was stupid, but here it wasn't.

I still thought the episode was weak because of the overall direction and how everything was so underwhelming and rushed. I wouldn't call it a super bad episode like the sniper episode, though.
Salty is just being part of it, but I had no problem with him being eliminated so much as the reason they gave for it. It seems to be overwhelmingly considered a bad move, despite the explanation the show tried to give. It means it falls flat. That should tell them something.

The stretchy arms doesn't doesn't bother me, I don't he could've used it anyway the way he was hit.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:08 am

Jables wrote: I am 100% convinced at this point Vegeta is going to learn the auto-attack part of Ultra Instinct, and he will fuse with Goku to learn their greater potential.
I certainly hope not, from a narrative pov I would personally prefer if Vegeta learns UI in a further arc, also please no more Vegetto lol

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Jables wrote: I am 100% convinced at this point Vegeta is going to learn the auto-attack part of Ultra Instinct, and he will fuse with Goku to learn their greater potential.
I certainly hope not, from a narrative pov I would personally prefer if Vegeta learns UI in a further arc, also please no more Vegetto lol
It would be stupid if he learned it in a later arc and vegito actually wasn't even supposed to appear in the last one.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
It would be stupid if he learned it in a later arc and vegito actually wasn't even supposed to appear in the last one.
Well, maybe it is stupid, but it's also dumb. Vegeta always attains an arc's strongest form one arc late. Typical DB formula.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Torturephile wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote: I certainly hope not, from a narrative pov I would personally prefer if Vegeta learns UI in a further arc, also please no more Vegetto lol
Well, maybe it is stupid, but it's also dumb. Vegeta always attains an arc's strongest form one arc late. Typical DB formula.
Not only stupid, but also dumb? Sounds right up his alley.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Stupid and dumb are the same thing. Unless you mean dumb as in unable to speak.. No idea of the proper connotation for that.

Maybe pantomime! That is the attack side of attacking without thinking! Or is pantomime the end result of perfecting both sides of this art?

It's that or puppetry.
Last edited by Arugela on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:41 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: It would be stupid if he learned it in a later arc and vegito actually wasn't even supposed to appear in the last one.
Not only stupid, but also dumb? Sounds right up his alley.
Pretty much.
Arugela wrote:Stupid and dumb are the same thing. Unless you mean dumb as in unable to speak.. No idea of the proper connotation for that.

Maybe pantomime! That is the attack side of attacking without thinking!
Sure.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kokonoe wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thanks for the gif, I will be taking this now..
KingKaash wrote:All the hype of the sneaky Quitela having something planned to cause major trouble in the ToP and yet the episode didn't quite deliver..
It feels like they went through the whole lot of Toriyama's plot points for Universes 4 in one episode, every mystery fighter was out and wrapped in in a single episode..
It could have easily been stretched out to 2 or more for more of an impact..
Totally agree. Like at least we're getting 2 episodes here for U3's final plan with Ep 120 & 121. But I guess underhanded tricks are no match for true power once those tricks have been exposed. And U7 is not dumb enough to figure out underhanded tricks for more than 1 episode. That's their reasoning I suppose
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16