Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 pm

I dont know if I am the only one but I like Freeza so much these latest episodes. I like him to stay in for a long time. I think the heroes trailer might be true

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:52 pm

I don’t see 17 lasting after next episode, he’s so hilariously outclassed right now and he knows it. It’s very cool to see how 17 plans to deal with an unstoppable enemy like Toppo, but it’s not a solution and I don’t see a point for him to stay in right now with Vegeta Vs Toppo given he already massively contributed by saving Freeza.

This is probably where 17 kicks the bucket and it’s a very fitting end for him in my opinion. He’s kicked so much ass this tournament and done so much but I don’t feel there’s anything more he can do at this point given the situation.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Noah wrote:
supercat wrote:Here we go with all the Android 17 bashing again. I forget, who was it again that people thought would go before Gohan?
Gohan seriously looks a whole lot better sitting on the bleachers than he did in combat. Android 17's showdown against Toppo was epic from all standpoints.
And to defend one character you have to bash another? How insightful :)
But misinterpreting a comical post that was directed at the incessant number of posts making wild assumptions based on absolutely nothing isn't insightful at all. :clap:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Gt91 wrote:Didn't notice this:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Fixed for ya.
supercat wrote:But misinterpreting a comical post that was directed at the incessant number of posts making wild assumptions based on absolutely nothing isn't insightful at all. :clap:
You were just attaking some people favorite character to defend yours, don't see how that's is comical at all.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Noah wrote:
supercat wrote:But misinterpreting a comical post that was directed at the incessant number of posts making wild assumptions based on absolutely nothing isn't insightful at all. :clap:
You were just attaking some people favorite character to defend yours, don't see how that's is comical at all.
If that's what you were able to gather from my post then wow, seriously wow! :clap:

Since you seem to be having such a difficult time deciphering a simple post with a simple meaning behind it, I shall take the time to elaborate.

For awhile now, fans have speculated that Gohan would somehow magically outlast 17 and make it to the final two or three. All kind of claims and theories were thrown out to back this particular turn of events, yet none of it came to fruition. Now, people are making similar claims about why 17 is out next, so all I was trying to convey (in a comical manner) was that it may be wise to stop jumping to random conclusions, as more of than not they are wrong.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Goku will be the next one out for sure.

Source: a commenter on YouTube.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:29 pm

supercat wrote:Since you seem to be having such a difficult time deciphering a simple post with a simple meaning behind it, I shall take the time to elaborate.

For awhile now, fans have speculated that Gohan would somehow magically outlast 17 and make it to the final two or three. All kind of claims and theories were thrown out to back this particular turn of events, yet none of it came to fruition. Now, people are making similar claims about why 17 is out next, so all I was trying to convey (in a comical manner) was that it may be wise to stop jumping to random conclusions, as more of than not they are wrong.
Please, there's nothing from your post other than: "Oh, they're mocking my favorite character! Better do the same with another fan favorite so people can agree with me!"

As I don't see how: "Gohan seriously looks a whole lot better sitting on the bleachers than he did in combat. Android 17's showdown against Toppo was epic from all standpoints." means: "You people should stop jumping into random conclusions"

But it's probably too difficult for you to admit that your post was out of context as no one were bashing 17, but discussing the possibility of him being out on the next episode, also no one expressed being dissatisfied that 17 outlasted Gohan in this tournament on the last page.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Noah wrote:
supercat wrote:Since you seem to be having such a difficult time deciphering a simple post with a simple meaning behind it, I shall take the time to elaborate.

Please, there's nothing from your post other than: "Oh, they're mocking my favorite character! Better do the same with another fan favorite so people can agree with me!"

As I don't see how: "Gohan seriously looks a whole lot better sitting on the bleachers than he did in combat. Android 17's showdown against Toppo was epic from all standpoints." means: "You people should stop jumping into random conclusions"

But it's probably too difficult for you to admit that your post was out of context as no one were bashing 17, but discussing the possibility of him being out on the next episode, also no one expressed being dissatisfied that 17 outlasted Gohan in this tournament on the last page.
Hm you appear to be making a fuss out of a nonexistent matter. Am I right?

It's not my fault that you may not have properly interpreted the meaning behind a simple, insignificant post that was meant for nothing more than a good laugh or two. Are you just that unhappy that Gohan's gone or something?

And I know I've probably said this before, but since you seem to be having such a difficult time grasping the context of this discussion, I'll elaborate once more. :roll:

The point I made earlier was that people are jumping to conclusions without the slightest bit of evidence backing up their so-called theories. That's why I made a point to mention that time where people just assumed Android 17 would go before Gohan but ended up being wrong.

The segment pertaining to Gohan looking good in the bleachers was a side comment; and no, it wasn't said to counter all the 17 hate. Gosh, I would think these posts are quite self-explanatory. Little did I know that reiteration to this extent would be needed. :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm

supercat wrote:It's not my fault that you may not have properly interpreted the meaning behind a simple, insignificant post that was meant for nothing more than a good laugh or two. Are you just that unhappy that Gohan's gone or something? And I know I've probably said this before, but since you seem to be having such a difficult time grasping the context of this discussion, I'll elaborate once more. The point I made earlier was that people are jumping to conclusions without the slightest bit of evidence backing up their so-called theories. That's why I made a point to mention that time where people just assumed Android 17 would go before Gohan but ended up being wrong. The segment pertaining to Gohan looking good in the bleachers was a side comment; and no, it wasn't said to counter all the 17 hate. Gosh, I would think these posts are quite self-explanatory. Little did I know that reiteration to this extent would be needed.
Actually it's quite the opposite: I'm no one to blame for you being unable to form sentences to express the point you really meant. It was supposed to be a small joke? That's okay, but little from your earlier post has implied that 'criticism'.

No, I'm not in any 'fanclub', for me both Gohan and 17 had a good showing in this tournament, it doesn't matter who outlasted who, but your opinion was biased to one side only. Which I disagree. You can defend the character you like just fine without making fun of others.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Noah wrote:
supercat wrote:It's not my fault that you may not have properly interpreted the meaning behind a simple, insignificant post that was meant for nothing more than a good laugh or two. Are you just that unhappy that Gohan's gone or something? And I know I've probably said this before, but since you seem to be having such a difficult time grasping the context of this discussion, I'll elaborate once more. The point I made earlier was that people are jumping to conclusions without the slightest bit of evidence backing up their so-called theories. That's why I made a point to mention that time where people just assumed Android 17 would go before Gohan but ended up being wrong. The segment pertaining to Gohan looking good in the bleachers was a side comment; and no, it wasn't said to counter all the 17 hate. Gosh, I would think these posts are quite self-explanatory. Little did I know that reiteration to this extent would be needed.
Actually it's quite the opposite: I'm no one to blame for you being unable to form sentences to express the point you really meant. It was supposed to be a small joke? That's okay, but little from your earlier post has implied that 'criticism'.

No, I'm not in any 'fanclub', for me both Gohan and 17 had a good showing in this tournament, it doesn't matter who outlasted who, but your opinion was biased to one side only. Which I disagree. You can defend the character you like just fine without making fun of others.
So now I'm the one who can't form sentences just because you were seemingly unable to gather the real meaning behind a simple insignificant post? :lol:

Nice one. :clap:

Criticism or not, it was a personal observation tied into a comical post that was in response to all the baseless conclusions. In any case, your post almost seems to imply that I'm the only person who bashes on another character to support a personal favorite.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 pm

So aside from looking really cool, why are there suddenly stars and such in the background? Did Toppo's Destruction break the World of Void?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 pm

supercat wrote:So now I'm the one who can't form sentences just because you were seemingly unable to gather the real meaning behind a simple insignificant post? :lol:

Criticism or not, it was a personal observation tied into a comical post that was in response to all the baseless conclusions. In any case, your post almost seems to imply that I'm the only person who bashes on another character to support a personal favorite.
Yes, you are. Trying to play 'smart' going backwards will not change that, you know :P

Not really, you're just one of several people we read in this forum that tends to be make 'fanclub wars', which had grow as something annoying pretty fast.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Noah wrote:
supercat wrote:So now I'm the one who can't form sentences just because you were seemingly unable to gather the real meaning behind a simple insignificant post? :lol:

Yes, you are. Trying to play 'smart' going backwards will not change that, you know :P

Not really, you're just one of several people we read in this forum that tends to be make 'fanclub wars', which had grow as something annoying pretty fast.
I find it flat-out hilarious that you're telling me that I don't know how to form proper sentences when the last half of your second sentence doesn't make any sense. :clap:

I also have no idea what you mean by this fanclub thing, since most of the things I point out are either personal observations (plot discussions) or facts based on feats and/or statements (power level discussions). Also, stating my own opinion about something is not synonymous with starting some heated fanclub debate.

I'm also not the one constantly whining about how something doesn't make sense or how it should be one way or another. I know how to take a great story and appreciate it for what it is rather than complain about trivial matters like the Base Saiyans surpassing SSJ3 Gotenks. :lol:

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:35 am

Asura wrote:So aside from looking really cool, why are there suddenly stars and such in the background? Did Toppo's Destruction break the World of Void?
Na, it's simply the world of void is infinite space therefore the ensuing energy wave of the explosion from Toppo's Hakai spreaded into all direction engulfing the word of void for probably most of the visible miles thus changing the sky tone.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:52 am

Asura wrote:So aside from looking really cool, why are there suddenly stars and such in the background? Did Toppo's Destruction break the World of Void?
He warped the world of the void with his Hakai, so it changed it's look completely.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 am

Really cool episode, although I'm a bit puzzled about how it is possible to use "hakai" without killing at all.

Examples:
- The hakai ball from Toppo to Frieza is much more powerful than the one from U11 assassin to Frieza (I can guess that ball was less effective than a direct attack from Sidra due to having to be carried by a mere mortal, however it was already strong enough to give a bad time to -base- Goku). And Toppo is throwing potentially deadly hakai balls to 17, too... Well, one may say that we have seen "deadly" techniques such as makankosappo and kienzan used since episode 97...
- We see that the hakai energy can effortlessy destroy any incoming energy or rock attack. Considering that Toppo is completely surrounded by such energy, how is it possible that he can actually touch something without automatically vaporizing it? Just touching Frieza should have killed him... Maybe he can control the coverage of such energy around his body, otherwise he would automatically destroy even the ground under his own feet?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 am

supercat wrote:I find it flat-out hilarious that you're telling me that I don't know how to form proper sentences when the last half of your second sentence doesn't make any sense. :clap:

I also have no idea what you mean by this fanclub thing, since most of the things I point out are either personal observations (plot discussions) or facts based on feats and/or statements (power level discussions). Also, stating my own opinion about something is not synonymous with starting some heated fanclub debate.

I'm also not the one constantly whining about how something doesn't make sense or how it should be one way or another. I know how to take a great story and appreciate it for what it is rather than complain about trivial matters like the Base Saiyans surpassing SSJ3 Gotenks. :lol:
Try to read more calmly, maybe it helps :)

Please, of course you know. It became an standard here for users to constantly defend their favorite characters by bashing others (namekiansaiyan e.g)

You may be not active on these heated debates, but your earlier post hinted at the opposite.

But, if you say you don't care about it other than good storytelling, I see no reason to disbelieve it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 am

Gig wrote:Really cool episode, although I'm a bit puzzled about how it is possible to use "hakai" without killing at all.
I was seriously questioning how Frieza survived an explosion of that magnitude. Especially from Hakai energy. He should've honestly been disintegrated.

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Things I Liked:

-Great storyboarding and writing (mostly, anyway) in this episode.
-The action flowed nicely and kept me thoroughly entertained.
-Good showings for both 17 and Toppo in this episode.
-GoD Toppo is awesome.
-Freeza getting brutalized gave me DBZ flashbacks, and I loved it.

Things I'm Mixed On:

-I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on Freeza's characterization this episode. On the one hand, it does fit in with his personality. On the other hand, it shows that he STILL hasn't learned from his mistakes after all these years. There's being stubborn, and then there's this. Overall it was on the positive end for me, but it did nag at me a bit.
-I really like Toppo's dynamic character for this arc, but I can't help but feel like he might overshadow Jiren, who is supposed to be the main antagonist. I almost feel like I'll end up being disappointed with the climax because Toppo is interesting and Jiren... well, in my opinion, he isn't.

Things I Disliked:

-Vegeta was a bit annoying this episode, especially with the re-use of Final Flash again. "Don't order me around!" was entirely unnecessary.
-The sideline commentary got a bit repetitive at times.
-Very minor nitpick, but Toppo's speech back in... episode 104? (My memory is failing me) about no more justice feels sort of unnecessary now that we have this episode.
-Umm... seeing the recap of episode 124 reminded me how bad that episode's animation was? I'm honestly running out of critiques.

Overall, this episode was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed almost everything after the first two to three minutes (aka the recap and the Goku/Vegeta stuff). This is probably my second-favorite episode of this arc, just behind episode 107. The last few episodes left me wanting and this episode delivered. If the episodes all the way to the finale can maintain this level of quality, we're likely to go out well. I'll keep my hopes tempered, however. The NEP also looks pretty good, so we'll see how next week fares.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)