Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 am

haha. You guys are acting like Super's writers actually gave a shit about any of this.

You're doing the work for them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 am

Gig wrote:A thing I haven't understood about Toppo, is... why was a Pride Trooper training to become a God of Destruction in the first place? To better destroy the EVIL and preserve JUSTICE?
Probably as I don't think he'd attack ggod beings. Also keep in mind that there's a lot of empty planets he could destroy, something Vegeta could do in U7 if he ever took Beerus' place.
Artorias wrote:People aren't "Goku fanboys" just because they aren't mindlessly clapping their hands together like a seal when Vegeta-sama does something "epic".
Doesn't everyone do this when their favorite character gets a big moment ? Look at Gohan as an example, him going from barely bring able to use Ssj1 to Mystic happened in less than a day but you can't deny that it was an amazing scene to finally see him back in action.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 am

Artorias wrote:
Xehanort wrote:Perfectly stated. Having him survive completely defeats the entire purpose of doing the callback in the first place. It's similar to what they've done with Kaioken and Goku. Getting rid of the downside to the move renders the entire idea of bringing back the move pointless, because now it's just a generic power up that means nothing, and could've easily been something else entirely.
Yeah, I mean I wasn't nearly as negative on it as you but I understood your criticisms and it seemed like some people were missing your point. I personally thought it was indeed contrived and poorly delivered, but in-universe it does make sense and it was a good idea Vegeta came up with to ring out a GoD (or pre-GoD).
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Asura wrote:I guess one of the few good things I can say about this episode is it gives us shirtless Vegeta?
I don't know, man personally I don't see as a good thing seeing shirtless males.
kemuri07 wrote:haha. You guys are acting like Super's writers actually gave a shit about any of this.

You're doing the work for them.
You know it would be fun if they were forced to read these episode threads, maybe they could learn from it lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Why was Toppo throwing his ideals of justice away treated like a bad thing? It's a damn tournament of survival. He threw away his ideals to protect his whole universe. Then there's Vegeta acting high and mighty for not throwing his pride away like majin Vegeta never happened.

Also, Toppo went out without a single elimination of his own just so Vegeta could get his "big win" that he didn't really need. (Should have gone to Gohan or any of the more shafted Z fighters) Toppo should have knocked out Frieza at least.

And don't get me started on Vegeta using ANOTHER final flash for the second (third?) episode in a row, and also surviving a damn final explosion. They're trying callbacks but ruining the entire points of what they call back to.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Why was Toppo throwing his ideals of justice away treated like a bad thing? It's a damn tournament of survival. He threw away his ideals to protect his whole universe. Then there's Vegeta acting high and mighty for not throwing his pride away like majin Vegeta never happened.

Also, Toppo went out without a single elimination of his own just so Vegeta could get his "big win" that he didn't really need. (Should have gone to Gohan or any of the more shafted Z fighters) Toppo should have knocked out Frieza at least.

And don't get me started on Vegeta using ANOTHER final flash for the second (third?) episode in a row, and also surviving a damn final explosion. They're trying callbacks but ruining the entire points of what they call back to.
^^^^^ I Agree with this.

Personally staying away from saying anything negative about Vegeta here, I don't hold it against a character for saying something I don't agree with once cause it seems allot of characters in the ToP have said something at least once in this arc I have not agreed with. I found the line honestly out of place for the writers to included against Toppo for some-reason. Toppo did what he most likely was told to do by during his GoD training to Gain the GoD power to be-able to use the powers of destruction, you have to be an agent of balance and decisions, little extremes one way or another. That is what I got from Toppo having to cast away his justice ideals and honestly for the survival of his Universe their is nothing wrong with that, heck I remember this being an ideal of other stories in other mediums when characters have to cast away parts of who they are to succeed at what they had to do, in one form or another and it was celebrated rightfully so as a major character development in the positive.

It is good as well not to cast away your ideals either Like Vegeta did, but honestly one is not really better then the other. So for Toei to make Toppo Look Weak or like a Bad-Guy for doing so was just lame and honestly was the most disappointing written part of the episode.

EDIT: Another thing I just realized that Toppo Is casting aside Justice to Save his Universe and his People ~~~ Vegeta kept his Ideals to Protect His Family and Keep his promise to Cabba ~~~ In the end both did what they had to do to in their views protect what they where fighting for.............So How do you write Toppo in the Wrong like that when it is the exact same-thing they is fighting for in a way?! :eh:

It Just did not work.
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
You know it would be fun if they were forced to read these episode threads, maybe they could learn from it lol
Yes... but they would also learn that they wil never be able to make everyone happy, no matter what.... :lol:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Gig wrote:Yes... but they would also learn that they wil never be able to make everyone happy, no matter what.... :lol:
That's for use, but what most people are complaining here is how one good subplot from a previous episode was destroyed in the next one, it reminds me of how good was Trunks having finished Zamasu in #66 for in #67 it turns out he was still alive and managed to fuck his timeline up

by Doctor.

TameImpala

Post by TameImpala » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:30 pm

The problem with DBS is that they rarely explain anything that happens. Which leads fans to use head canon. Dragon ball in general has almost always been about the fighting, the writing comes second sadly. This anime isn’t like Naruto, which goes into detail about every little aspect of the story and characters.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Just because Vegeta said what he said doesn't make him right. But with something so terrible happening, is it really wrong in still trying to survive and win with ethics, morals, and honor?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:51 pm

The episode got an 8.6 from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/05/ ... 5c0c0000ae

It seems this ep is better received in a lot of places other than here, check reddit's Super thread on the ep and a few other places.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm

precita wrote:The episode got an 8.6 from IGN:

It seems this ep is better received in a lot of places other than here, check reddit's Super thread on the ep and a few other places.
Even the poll votes on the episode thread on MyAnimeList shows they like it, despite a few negative comments:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid= ... lresults=1

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm

So it seems like Vegeta was clearly flying in this scene. I’ve been trying to defend against this kind of stuff with saying stuff like they are just jumping and falling slowly or the momentum of the punches his forcing them up but this!?

https://youtu.be/JvYObXKr5uo?t=41

Someone on reddit said that the best way to explain this is that Vegeta is using high powered jumps plus propulsion which is different from the regular flight in db.

Side note: Why do people keep saying to disqualify people who fly when it isn’t even a rule? It’s literally a restriction formed by the Grand Priest so that you CAN’T fly without wings. So technically, you cant fly no matter how hard you try and you can’t break any rule because you literally CAN’T BREAK THE RULE.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 pm

By this point I guess the stamina thing has become a meme already

by Doctor.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Asura wrote:I guess one of the few good things I can say about this episode is it gives us shirtless Vegeta?
I don't know, man personally I don't see as a good thing seeing shirtless males.
Why not? You don't gotta swing a certain way in terms of sexuality to appreciate muscles.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 am

Torturephile wrote:

Even the poll votes on the episode thread on MyAnimeList shows they like it, despite a few negative comments:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid= ... lresults=1
If I've learned anything from the 2016 presidential election, it's that polls don't mean shit.

Look, I get it. For some people, the bar is set so low for this series that as long as Goku or Vegeta "do a thing," it's a great episode. And on a technical level, the episode is fine. There's lots of exciting moments and ends with a fan favorite character kicking ass.

The problem is when you actually stop to think about it, DBS is kind of bullshit. There's already a fantastic overview of this show's problems in another thread here, but I think this single episode is representative of why this show doesn't work--the writing just isn't there. The IGNreview lists a lot of neat shit that occurs in the episode, but there's no emotonal resonance between them because the writers spend absolutely no time developing them. On paper, Toppo discarding his sense of justice to become a god of destruction us interesting. But at no point do we get a sense that Toppo is struggling with his own morality. So Toppo becoming a god of destruction is a thing that "just happens." Just like Vegeta going into rage mode (again) and taking out Toppo is a thing that "just happens" other than giving Vegeta a win. DBS is a series where things just happen, and it's up to the fans to provide their own reasoning to make it make sense.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

jeffbr92 wrote:By this point I guess the stamina thing has become a meme already
Senzu beans are for babies, Gods pull power and healing magic out of their asses, part of god training is having a deeper ass cavity..

The episode was shit, just because Vegeta overpowered somebody it dosen't shouldn't get a free pass..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

Ki Breaker wrote:

This episode was shit, just because Vegeta did something cool it gets a free pass..
Or it could be that some people enjoyed the episode :think:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:16 am

Lek wrote: Or it could be that some people enjoyed the episode :think:
Yea they did, because Vegeta did something flashy..
If they enjoyed it for the writing then I don't know what to say, might redirect them to my fanfictions if terrible story directions are all they want
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lek wrote: Or it could be that some people enjoyed the episode :think:
Yea they did, because Vegeta did something flashy..
If they enjoyed it for the writing then I don't know what to say, might redirect them to my fanfictions if terrible story directions are all they want
I for one did enjoy the episode, and it had nothing to do with Vegeta doing something flashy.
Please do not make assumptions and definitely do not direct anyone to your stash of fan-fiction.
"Oh dear...."