Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:31 am

Artorias wrote:
Mac wrote:Absolutely wonderful episode.

Reused animation is always par for the course though, not sure why it's worth complaining about now.
This much reused animation is not "par for the course". If you do the math as some people have, LITERALLY HALF of the action is reused animation. That is utterly UNACCEPTABLE for an average episode, let alone the CLIMAX of your entire show. You guys need to stop defending it. I guess it's fine if you personally don't mind (although I struggle to understand how), but stop acting like people are overreacting when they bring it up. It's a completely legitimate complaint. We should have higher standards. No other show does this to this extent.
Brettjr25 wrote:
I was hoping the eps covered more, with only 2 eps left, DBS being canceled may give us a poor and rushed final eps. If the next eps is going to be the conclusion of the Goku v Jiren fight than the last one is going to have to be a rush mess of ending the arc and restoring universes (if they do), dealing with Freeza, concluding everyones storing, giving us a ending to Super and connnecting it to end of Z and I dont see that happening.

We may just get the original eps that get a "tough luck, our financial backers said no more, so no wrap up for you"
There's a chance the fight even continues to 131, leaving even LESS room for a conclusion. I say this because it's been confirmed that Takahashi is coming back for 131, and since he's an action animator, it would make no sense for him to come back with no real action to animate. And he's not supervising, so it's not for the sake of his character art. He's specifically doing key animation.
Freezerbaby wrote:The beginning of this episode: the hardest toei´s attempt to make us think there are only two warriors left, so to me it´s pretty clear that the outcome of this fight will be a draw and u7 wins by having more numbers.
I'm still holding out that they go for a Cell saga scenario where Freeza helps Goku at the last second to eliminate Jiren in a team up, rather than the predictable lame ending of him just being hidden the whole time and/or U7 wins because of numbers. A man can dream.
I think the funniest route would be that Freeza has just been eliminated the entire time but no one could be bothered mentioning it.

Post by AvatarMew » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:50 am

If Ultra Instant is Goku breaking though his "self limiting" shells couldn't he learn to break though the shells and use Ultra Instant whenever he wanted?
Is this like unlocking chakras?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:05 am

Even though Jiren is silent most of the time, he sure does love to say "Owari da!" a lot. He says it pretty much every time he's about to finish off his opponent.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Even though Jiren is silent most of the time, he sure does love to say "Owari da!" a lot. He says it pretty much every time he's about to finish off his opponent.
It's his catchphrase.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:26 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Even though Jiren is silent most of the time, he sure does love to say "Owari da!" a lot. He says it pretty much every time he's about to finish off his opponent.
It's his catchphrase.
And a really good one, too. Gives off this Superhero vibe, which makes sense since he's a Pride Trooper. Loved the way he yelled it when he threw his attack at Goku in the latest episode.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:44 am

AvatarMew wrote:If Ultra Instant is Goku breaking though his "self limiting" shells couldn't he learn to break though the shells and use Ultra Instant whenever he wanted?
Is this like unlocking chakras?
Something like that. I'd assume it's not exactly so safe for constant us tho. Considering the toll the Omen has on the body. The full version might leave Goku completely drained post battle. Especially considering we have yet to learn where Gokus heat stems from.

thezander

Post by thezander » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 am

Goku must be tripping out, he found a way to transform into an automatic fighting machine. Everything he's ever dreamed of, must be to crazy for him to mention. I wonder if he'll regain his cool in that form over time like super Saiyan.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:12 pm

I didnt like the episode at all.. The type of fighting they did was not something sustainable going forward.

As of now all i care about it frieza and how they resolve his character. If they mess that up dbs to me is pretty much over. Nothing else to see. Unless they do something with uub that might catch my interest.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Jiren's Owari da in this ep is the best owari da I've ever heard in anime.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

SagaDBZ

Post by SagaDBZ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Has anyone noticed that the first few instants of Migatte no Gokui, when Goku hit Jiren "without moving", his hair looked like SSJ and not his regular hair?
https://imgur.com/Q8S3h37

As the shine began dissipating, his hair returned to his natural position.

Maybe it´s hinting to the future?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:03 pm

julianix wrote:I didnt like the episode at all.. The type of fighting they did was not something sustainable going forward.

As of now all i care about it frieza and how they resolve his character. If they mess that up dbs to me is pretty much over. Nothing else to see. Unless they do something with uub that might catch my interest.
I mean, the show ends in a few weeks. It's "pretty much over" for everyone.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
It's his catchphrase.
It's not a bad catchphrase.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 am

SagaDBZ wrote:Has anyone noticed that the first few instants of Migatte no Gokui, when Goku hit Jiren "without moving", his hair looked like SSJ and not his regular hair?
https://imgur.com/Q8S3h37

As the shine began dissipating, his hair returned to his natural position.

Maybe it´s hinting to the future?
Goku To Officially Become A Diety?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm

It's the new "Ningen" of this arc.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
It's the new "Ningen" of this arc.
And the new "Zamasu!" as well.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Reused animation doesn't bother me. I rarely recognize it until it's pointed out later. Probably because I don't rewatch episodes enough times to commit them to memory.

For example, the only time I was aware of it in this episode was the bit from the show opening. Because I've seen that dozens of times.

Perhaps they should switch it up. Reuse animation not for action scenes, but for the "peanut gallery." It's just the same characters, sitting in the same place, talking. Would that be an acceptable compromise?
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:Reused animation doesn't bother me. I rarely recognize it until it's pointed out later. Probably because I don't rewatch episodes enough times to commit them to memory.

For example, the only time I was aware of it in this episode was the bit from the show opening. Because I've seen that dozens of times.

Perhaps they should switch it up. Reuse animation not for action scenes, but for the "peanut gallery." It's just the same characters, sitting in the same place, talking. Would that be an acceptable compromise?
You probably haven't paid attention or recognized it much either, but the peanut gallery has already had their scenes used over, and over, and over, and over again. Since they're just stills and there's no actual animation it's not a big deal.

Migatte

Post by Migatte » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 am

This episode had a pretty rough first half with it being one of Nashizawa's weaker showings, but the second half with Karasawa and Nii was perfect!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:01 am

Asura wrote:
Zillamon51 wrote:Reused animation doesn't bother me. I rarely recognize it until it's pointed out later. Probably because I don't rewatch episodes enough times to commit them to memory.

You probably haven't paid attention or recognized it much either, but the peanut gallery has already had their scenes used over, and over, and over, and over again. Since they're just stills and there's no actual animation it's not a big deal.
But, you can see if they reuse some of the scenes of the peanut gallery. I don't think they did this episode but I could be wrong.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
julianix wrote:I didnt like the episode at all.. The type of fighting they did was not something sustainable going forward.

I mean, the show ends in a few weeks. It's "pretty much over" for everyone.
WoW,congrats,u got 10 k posts.

On topic;

i think that watching each episode with 1 week break in between makes us see to many flaws in them.

Once u can watch from ep 97 till ep 131 without long breaks, those lame eps wont be so lame.