Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 am

Salagir is completely missing the point of Bardock's character in the original, as well as the narrative purpose of scenes like Raditz trying to recruit Goku and Nappa suggesting to revive Raditz and later expecting help from Vegeta.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:24 pm

The DBM Comment section is split in half on this. One of the answers given was if Bardock only cares about himself like every other Saiyan, why did he work towards saving the Saiyans instead of running away, like Vegeta definitely would have done.

Also, here are some edits that tackled the exact same page

By Argelios

By GengisKhan

You can be Saiyan, without being a prick imho, and these guys agree.

My ideal edit would be a mix between the two. I was more perturbed with that smirk than anything else. If given a frown and says the same line "Hanasia your time is up, rest in peace," I wouldn't really bat an eye to this page. Otherwise, Either answer Bardock gives in edited panel 4 sounds good to me.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Really like their new armor :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:36 pm

It's an alternate universe, it's not canon Bardock from Dragon Ball Minus/Episode of Bardock, so I'm okay with any subtleties.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm

That facial expression isn't a sadistic smirk anyway (see the closed eyes and the lack of major facial creasing then compare to Broly's expressions). It's a subtle mix of low key sadness and a sardonic grin at the stupidity of it all. I'm not going to defend the rest of the special but I think this is portrayed quite well. In this version of the story, Bardock has had time to come to terms with the fact that what he sees happening will happen, so from his point of view, it's the inevitable hand of fate, so all he's going to feel is like it was a waste, but one that had to happen. Obviously he doesn't tell the underling anything, because he wants to sound firm and strong, so he says "And?"

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Just remembered that the ghost version of the Vegeta from U3 is wearing a cape and has SS. Unless the ghosts can become stronger while in Raichi's possession (can't recall if that's been stated anywhere), maybe Vegeta eventually challenges Broli, unlocks SS, and takes the thrown from him? The way this new special's cover is depicted, looks like that's possible. Still, not sure how SS alone would be enough against the LSS transformation.... Well, I suppose if Goku found a way, Vegeta can.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
Just remembered that the ghost version of the Vegeta from U3 is wearing a cape and has SS. Unless the ghosts can become stronger while in Raichi's possession (can't recall if that's been stated anywhere), maybe Vegeta eventually challenges Broli, unlocks SS, and takes the thrown from him? The way this new special's cover is depicted, looks like that's possible. Still, not sure how SS alone would be enough against the LSS transformation.... Well, I suppose if Goku found a way, Vegeta can.
Rachi's Freeza could go 5th form do I'm not sure.

As for Bardock frown version I feel works best for him.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:42 pm

FoolsGil wrote:*snips*
I find it funny the panel with Bardock frowning someone just turned the smirk upside down

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:53 pm

So Broly killed Hanasia off-screen? Laaaaame, but I liked the black armors though.
Marco Polo wrote:It's an alternate universe, it's not canon Bardock from Dragon Ball Minus/Episode of Bardock, so I'm okay with any subtleties.
There's no canon in this franchise and even if had I'm pretty sure EoB would not be counted.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:59 pm

On last panel of 1st page Vegeta looks like he indeed suffer..from constipation :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Is that a desktop computer Vegeta is using to "study the king"? Lmao

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Is that a desktop computer Vegeta is using to "study the king"? Lmao
My favorite part is he's in a t-shirt. He's like a college student! :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:48 pm

So Bardock takes the throne from King Vegeta, and now he's going to help the younger Vegeta get it back? Things are coming full circle.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:48 pm

"How many versions of my fight against Broly did you see?"
"14,000,605."
"And in how many of those do I win?"
"Just One."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

So Bardock can see multiple futures and he just picks the one he likes best?

I don't dislike the idea. It sounds better than the future being predetermined, but it does make Bardock much more special than he should be.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:So Bardock can see multiple futures and he just picks the one he likes best?

I don't dislike the idea. It sounds better than the future being predetermined, but it does make Bardock much more special than he should be.
I suppose my only issue is that even with this upgrade in power, he still didn't see Raichi coming.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Doctor. wrote:So Bardock can see multiple futures and he just picks the one he likes best?

I suppose my only issue is that even with this upgrade in power, he still didn't see Raichi coming.
Or maybe, to quote TFS Episode of Bardock "Even if you saw it coming, there was nothing you could do about it" :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:32 pm

He probably training his ability rather than this just being a difference from the canon timeline.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Vegeta should be much stronger than Broly (without LSS) considering he's been training his base form all this time.