Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:45 am

Those are fucking adorable. Draw more. Please.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 am

What Insert said. Those are great BigMomma, I'd especially love to see your take on a short-haired Videl.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words, fellas :D

And I did want to do a short-haired Videl yesterday, but now that you've asked for it I'd love to do it!
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am

It's...it's even more adorable! :mrgreen: Great work!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Are those your OC's? Looking pretty good! :thumbup:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:It's...it's even more adorable! :mrgreen: Great work!
Thanks, braj :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 am

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 am

The DeviantArt user MichaelLeeLunsford made some awesome redesigns of mostly every DB character (except for GT).
I'm not keen on the idea of an American remake, but I'd pay to see it if it was done using these designs.

Dragon Ball:
DBZ Saiyan Saga:
DBZ Namek Saga:
DBZ Androids Saga:
DBZ Buu Saga:
DBZ Movies and Specials:
Leftovers:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am

Looking at his supposed SSJ3 it seems he's a big fan of The Devil's Corpse's SSJG concept design.

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 am

I don't know if he was inspired by that, but in the description for that image he says that he imagined it as a form in which he emits so much energy that it covers him, as opposed to a being of pure energy (which is what it seemed to me).

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Looking at his supposed SSJ3 it seems he's a big fan of The Devil's Corpse's SSJG concept design.
Nah, it's the other way around dude. The first attempt gave him credit for the inspiration, but I forgot to add it in the second one's description. Not too worried about it though. I used to follow the project, but the guy is kind of an ass. You try to help point out something he got wrong as one of his Dragon Ball "Facts" and he almost immediately jumps to a "LOLOL Who cares? Go get a life and leave me alone" response. He got tired of people calling him out for his attitude, so he turned off comments on the images.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:41 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Looking at his supposed SSJ3 it seems he's a big fan of The Devil's Corpse's SSJG concept design.
Nah, it's the other way around dude. The first attempt gave him credit for the inspiration, but I forgot to add it in the second one's description. Not too worried about it though. I used to follow the project, but the guy is kind of an ass. You try to help point out something he get wrong as one of his Dragon Ball "Facts" and he almost immediately jumps to a "LOLOL Who cares? Go get a life and leave me alone" response. He got tired of people calling him out for his attitude, so he turned off comments on the images.
Reminds me of the guy who heads Absalon. A shame when people who can do legitimately good art turn out to be those kind of people.

Anyway, heres one of the best Goku images i've seen in a very long time.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm

That image is so awesome. It's funny, but I particularly like the Goku who's eating in the bottom right corner.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Nah, it's the other way around dude. The first attempt gave him credit for the inspiration, but I forgot to add it in the second one's description. Not too worried about it though. I used to follow the project, but the guy is kind of an ass. You try to help point out something he got wrong as one of his Dragon Ball "Facts" and he almost immediately jumps to a "LOLOL Who cares? Go get a life and leave me alone" response. He got tired of people calling him out for his attitude, so he turned off comments on the images.
Could you please tell us what you told him he got wrong? I'm curious, because people normally do their own styles when they're doing redesigns.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

I love Goku-with-rat-in-his-mouth in that pic. That was such an adorable moment in the series.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:24 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:Could you please tell us what you told him he got wrong? I'm curious, because people normally do their own styles when they're doing redesigns.
Though the Saiyan armor is a bit too much of a step away from the original IMO and I was a little disappointed that he removed the trademark spiky hair of the Saiyans in base, I did relatively enjoy most of the designs. I didn't tell him he got anything wrong about his art, because you can't tell someone who is re-imagining something that they are doing it "wrong". You may not like their interpretation, but that doesn't make it wrong. =P

Anyway, I don't want to get into it too deep, but there was a comment where he was talking about Tullece and he said that the character was just evil Goku from another universe. I told him that the character was created to represent the idea of an evil Goku had he not hit his head, but that he is in fact a separate character. Things snowballed from there with his response and attitude, other people jumped into the argument and then he banned me from commenting on his account because he didn't want to deal with it anymore. Since the other people kept continuing the conversation afterwards though, he just turned off comments on all the related pictures. Not going to say any more than that though. I'm already off topic. :/
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Anyway, heres one of the best Goku images i've seen in a very long time.
Aww. It has Battle of Gods in it, but no Godku. :/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Aww. It has Battle of Gods in it, but no Godku. :/
It has?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Si. Goku is in his BOG tracksuit eating a meat bun below SS4 Goku's foot.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Aww. It has Battle of Gods in it, but no Godku. :/
It has?
Under SSJ4 Goku's foot. Kinda glad he left out God Goku, tired of seeing it.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:33 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Kinda glad he left out God Goku, tired of seeing it.
It's funny. I've read "Super Saiyan God Goku" hundreds of times, but it's after reading "God Goku" that I finally realise how fanfic-ish the idea of a "God form" sounds.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Is there a source for that Goku image? It looks really good.