"Enter the Dragon" (Old Video, New Encode)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Enter the Dragon" (Old Video, New Encode)

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:44 am

I had mentioned over in this thread that I wanted to encode a new version of an older video, "Enter the Dragon". It was an example of a video whose concept did require extensive special effects, as opposed to some the other ideas I was noting in the thread which did not require it.

So anyway, we made this video back in 2004. It was a part of the final "DDR Project", a series of multi-editor AMV projects which took the nonstop megamix soundtracks from the Dance Dance Revolution series and made hour+ strings of videos. This is why it starts coming in from a Naruto video (our buddy mckeed who also did a track in the "Doomrider" DBZ AMV project), and ends in a green-screen to transition into the next track.

Made it with the FUNimation DB DVD releases (double-disc packs). Just realized I still had one of the scripts we used, too, in case anyone wants to use those older discs for anything (which I wouldn't recommend):
DB AVS Script wrote:a = MPEG2Source("locationfile.d2v").Crop(8,0,-8,0).Telecide(1).Decimate(5).ConvertToYV12().Deen("a3d", 3)
lm = a.FluxSmooth(7, 24).Deen("a2d", 7).Blur(1.5).Blur(1.5)
lm_m = lm.EdgeMask(0, 1, 255, 255, "cartoon", Y=3, V=1,U=1).Binarize(threshold=20).Greyscale().Invert().Blur(1.5).Blur(1.5).Blur(1.5).Blur(1.5)
nlm = MaskedMerge(lm, a, lm_m)
mfToon(nlm).Tweak(sat=1.2, cont=1.1, bright=1.3).AddBorders(8,0,8,0)
return a
But yeah. 2004. Our first real dive into After Effects. Also, hey... original DB. No DBZ. Nice.

(Download; XviD, first-pass, 68.6 MB)

(If you're interested in downloading the whole project, here's its info page)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 pm

That is awesome. :shock:

Man, I wish I had those kind of editing skills.(Goes to DL the full version.)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't even like DDR but I love the videos. You also did videos for the other DDR projects; one you did was a Rurouni Kenshin video, if I remember.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3