Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 am

Bullza wrote:
Was it said that Goku used less power against King Chappa than Krillin? Are you referring to Goku saying he held back against Chappa so he didn't kill him but said he wouldn't hold back against Krillin?
Krillin thought Goku was going all out, and that was AFTER he had seen Goku's performance against Chappa, AND goku stating he wasn't going anywhere near all out otherwise he would have killed Chappa accidentally. Goku then powered up twice.
That proves he was using far more power than against Chappa.
Tao was still hyped but as it was mentioned a few posts up. Goku beat Tao without too much effort. Roshi saw how strong he he'd become. He then went and trained for 3 years so Roshi would have expected him to get a lot stronger but still was unsure if he'd beat King Chappa so he should be stronger than Tao.
Tao was hyped AFTER everyone saw Goku stomping Chappa, while explicitly stated to be massively holding back.
Roshi was never unsure if he can beat Chappa. He just said Goku got a tricky opponent for himself, and remember that Roshi did not know how to sense ki at that moment. He was just going off by reputation of king Chappa. "This guy won 2 tournaments without even being touched, he will probably be a tricky opponent for Goku". And when we consider the average level of a tournament (21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th combined), characters like Nam and Pamput are the strongest entrants. They were probably the best opponents that were defeated by king chappa.

Edit: Oh I think I also had him high because Yamcha said he didn't think anyone could beat Chappa so easily which should include himself so shouldn't that mean that Goku in the preliminary was stronger than Yamcha and also Krillin who was said to be of a similar level?
Obviously Yamcha's words can't be taken as such because he did not know how powerful Chappa is. He couldn't sense ki, he was going off by reputation.
Yajirobe might be a bit too low I put him closer to Goku's match power because he didn't seem serious like when he fought Tambourine and when Yajirobe wanted no part of him if he was like that.
Goku thought Yajirobe was involved in Krillin's death when he fought him.
[/quote]
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 am

Wouldn't Roshi be going off of reputation when it came to Tao then? He never met him after all.

I've seen on other forums that this has sorta divided people, some think Tao would beat Chappa and some think the opposite is true.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Bullza wrote:Wouldn't Roshi be going off of reputation when it came to Tao then? He never met him after all.

I've seen on other forums that this has sorta divided people, some think Tao would beat Chappa and some think the opposite is true.
Well,

By reputation, Tao >> Chappa
By hype Tao >> Chappa
By feats, Tao >> Chappa

When they both power up once, for 23rd TB, Tao >> Chappa still holds.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Bullza wrote:Wouldn't Roshi be going off of reputation when it came to Tao then? He never met him after all.

Given his rivalry with the Crane Hermit, it's entirely likely that he has met Tao Pai Pai before.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Then how do you two think Tao compared to Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu at the Tournament? Stronger than them or weaker?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Bullza wrote:Then how do you two think Tao compared to Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu at the Tournament? Stronger than them or weaker?
I actually don't agree with what everyone else is saying here. Even though characters are not able to sense ki, the story is still telling us that Chappa is there to show how much Goku has improved. It wouldn't make sense for Tao to be stronger than Chappa if that's the case. And Roshi and Yamcha, even after seeing Goku's speed and feats such as killing most of the Red Ribbon Army, fighting Baba's warriors, incluiding Gohan, and surprising them with his full speed, I found it impossible for Chappa to be weaker than Tao at all.

In my opinion, Tao is much weaker than Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu individually.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:I actually don't agree with what everyone else is saying here. Even though characters are not able to sense ki, the story is still telling us that Chappa is there to show how much Goku has improved. It wouldn't make sense for Tao to be stronger than Chappa if that's the case. And Roshi and Yamcha, even after seeing Goku's speed and feats such as killing most of the Red Ribbon Army, fighting Baba's warriors, incluiding Gohan, and surprising them with his full speed, I found it impossible for Chappa to be weaker than Tao at all.

In my opinion, Tao is much weaker than Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu individually.
Yet after Goku trounces Chappa, Jackie Chun is shocked to find out that Goku beat Tao Pai Pai, implying him to be the stronger one.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 am

SSJ Kids > Piccolo confirmated

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

My chain is complete now:
SSJ2 Goku, Majin Vegeta: 480
SSJ2 Vegeta, Kid Gohan/SPC: 360
SSJ2 Teen Gohan (Full power, accessible only by strong feelings): 300
SSJ2 Teen Gohan/Dabura/Power Weighted Cell: 225
Full Power Perfect Cell: 150
SSJ Goku: 120
SSJ Gohan (Post Buu Zenkai): 100
SSJ Vegeta, Kid Gohan: 90
Shin: 80
SSJ Gohan: 75
SSJ Trunks: 62,5
SSJ Goten, CG Goku : 60
Piccolo/Cell Jr/CG SSJ Vegeta: 40

Btw, on this Chappa/Tao thing, i have Chappa > Korin Goku >> Tao. Chappa was heavily implicit by the plot to be above Tao, who was being hyped due to his reputation while anyone on the Tournament could smoke him.
Last edited by GreatSaiyaman123 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:SSJ Kids > Piccolo confirmated
This was asked about recently in the Translation Request thread, and it was "confirmated" that the bit about Goten and Trunks' power was a complete Viz fabrication. The original Japanese version of that summary page was almost completely different.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Kaboom wrote:
This was asked about recently in the Translation Request thread, and it was "confirmated" that the bit about Goten and Trunks' power was a complete Viz fabrication. The original Japanese version of that summary page was almost completely different.
Oh. Can you tell me what's exactly said on the recap? Also, what you think about the chain i made?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:11 pm

How strong do you guys have all 5 Kaioshins that fought Pure Boo?

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:31 pm

ZombieVito wrote:How strong do you guys have all 5 Kaioshins that fought Pure Boo?
Never really gave it much thought, but I suppose they're probably within the Super Saiyan-Super Saiyan 2 tier, though South Kaioshin might be as tough as Pure Boo. I'm revising my Boo Arc levels, so I'll get back to you on that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:40 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:
Oh. Can you tell me what's exactly said on the recap? Also, what you think about the chain i made?
Here's what was really said in that recap:
Long, long ago. Son Goku set out on a journey in search of the seven dragon balls, which summon Shenlong when assembled, and gathered them all after a grand adventure. However, the balls were almost used for evil purposes, and ended up granting a stupid wish. After granting a wish Shenlong wouldn't appear again for over a year. In the meantime, Goku trained under Kame-sennin, and set out in search of the balls one more.

Time passed...The wizard Babidi awakened Majin Boo, who began killing all life on Earth. In order to defeat this mighty foe, Goten and Trunks at last perfected Fusion. However, just as Majin Boo befriended Satan and was about to give up killing, a terrible change occurred...!!
Thank Herms for this.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

DanielSSJ wrote: Yet after Goku trounces Chappa, Jackie Chun is shocked to find out that Goku beat Tao Pai Pai, implying him to be the stronger one.
Jackie Chun could've been more worried about Tao's reputation of being Tsuru's brother, as well as having relation to the Crane school. It wouldn't make sense for Tao to be stronger than Chappa if they already knew Goku's strenght and speed at Baba's palace, and knew that he was going to be stronger and faster, and were still worried that Chappa could make a tough fight. Chappa is supposed to be there to show how much Goku has improved. Bringing a character that is under Tao's level just can't make sense.

They also saw Goku defeating Akkuman with ease. Tao is stronger than Akkuman, but I don't think the gap between them was big, it should be small given how Goku was defeating Tao easily (not as easy was with Akkuman though, but was still easy for him). For them to be worried about Goku against Chappa, Chappa should way way above Akkuman.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Kaboom wrote:
This scan can't be legit because it also says goku watched helplessly from afterlife while buu killed vegeta and defeated gohan, even though he was on earth, knocked out.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Well, it isn't "deconfirmated" either, is it? As you said, the power relation between Piccolo and the kids could easily change over the past few years, so Super's implications don't mean much. Same with GT where Goten mentions Piccolo being stronger than him.

What do both sides have legitimately going for them?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:39 pm

How accurate do people think this is? All 22nd Budokai characters.

Goku (Battle Power) >= Tien > Goku (Match power: Serious) >= Jackie Chun > Goku (Match power: Not Serious) = Krillin >= Yamcha > Chiaotzu > Goku (Holding back during Preliminaries) > King Chappa

In other words do people think that Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu would be superior to the level Goku used against King Chappa?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Bullza wrote:How accurate do people think this is? All 22nd Budokai characters.

Goku (Battle Power) >= Tien > Goku (Match power: Serious) >= Jackie Chun > Goku (Match power: Not Serious) = Krillin >= Yamcha > Chiaotzu > Goku (Holding back during Preliminaries) > King Chappa

In other words do people think that Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu would be superior to the level Goku used against King Chappa?
From my own power level list(not my sig, they are outdated):
[spoiler]Grandpa Son Gohan: 80.
Tao Pai Pai: 100.

Son Goku: 110.

The 22nd Strongest under the Heavens Tournament.

King Chapa: 75.
Chaozu: 80.

Yamcha: 90.
Krillin: 90.

Tsuru-sennin: 120.
Jackie Chun (Kame-sennin): 139.

Tenshinhan: 180.
Son Goku: 180.[/spoiler]
So, yeah I could think they are probably maxing out at the level Goku used against Chapa(it doesn't have to be so great after all, since I have Goku over twice as strong as Chapa).

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:42 pm

They are maybe around the same, since I think Goku used that same level to fight against Krillin equally. And like I said previously, Krillin, Yamcha and Chiaotzu should all be stronger than Tao, judging by Goku's comments in his match with Krillin.

Tao - 85

Post Korin Goku - 95

King Chappa - 100

Goku (against Chappa and Krillin initially) - 115

Chiaotzu - 105

Yamcha - 110

Krillin - 110

Tsuru - 120

Roshi - 139

Goku (Match Level) - 142

Tien - 145

Goku (Battle Level) - 146

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:39 pm

I never bothered giving Goku a match power level but yeah that chain looks good. I have Chappa, Chiaotzu, Yamcha and Kuririn on the same tier:
22nd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc
Son Goku: 180
Tenshinhan: 180
Master Roshi: 139
Master Tsuru: 120
Kuririn: 100
Yamcha: 95
Chiaotzu: 90
King Chapa: 85
Nam: 30
Panput: 25
Wolf Man: 18
Match power Goku should be 150 - 140 and not serious should be 125 - 120 on my list.