Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazeDVH

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by BlazeDVH » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 am

p-hyvo wrote:
BlazeDVH wrote:Is Freeza's power level above 120 MIllions? Also did genki-dama damaged him?
I honestly think that 120'000'000 is his pl as wounded by the genkidama. full power should be more, considering that he tanks with one hand a x20 kamehameha from goku, and that alone would have a pl of 73'200'000 (60'000'000 x1,22 , kamehameha's multiplier).
Considering this, healthy freezer should be between 80'500'000 and 91'500'000 at 50%, making his full power between 161'000'000 and 183'000'000.
Is the genkidama that winds him, making him 60'000'000 at 50%, with a injury power down between x1,34 and x1,525
To do that, in my opinion genkidama should have been between 101'000'000 and 123'000'000 in power.
I hope you liked my explaination
Yup i like that, what about "Uninjured Freeza is 200 millions" can we agree with this power level?

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:36 pm

p-hyvo wrote:Speaking seriously, supersaiyangogeta'a power levels of gt has plenty of error, he goes against gt's power scaling itself plenty of times and contains logic failures/errors in multipliers.
url=https://kaboomkrusader.updog.co/Kaboom_GT_Pls.html] are willingly ironic and I love this shit honestly kek .this is funny.
But supersaiyangogeta's power level aren't willingly bad and clunky, they just are for reasons I just told upwards.it seems like he doesn't even saw gt before doing that list, and it is against the anime itself and the official gt guides too in some extent. That's why I offered him my help, I want him to get better.

Regarding "ssj grade 3 is a x10" I don't think it is to take literally, it is not "if grade 2 is 60 , grade 3 is 600" IMO.
the fighters have 3 statistics as explained by goku for the kaioken against Vegeta : physical strength, resistance and speed .and that 3 together are enough to multiply the power level completely.
As we know, grade 3 doesn't multiply all the stats for the same amount, it downgrades speed in exchange of a devastating physical strength.Thats why I think that x10 isn't to take literally.
Now I'll explain my point :
Let's assume ssj grade 2 = x60
60/3=20 , so

Ssj g2

Phy=20
Res=20
Spd =20

Grade 3 has x10 the strength, intended as physical strength, so

Ssj g3

Phy=200
Result=40 (it is fine to multiply it, all this bulk surely makes his resistance rose too)
Spd =10 (as we know, g3 is a lot slower)

Total multiplier = x250

What do you think about this, boy? I'm curious about your thoughts
As I said, I couldn't care less about anyone's GT power scale. The series is already a clusterfuck, so I'm not going go out of my way to invite the headache, outside of joke lists, like Kaboom's. I have absolutely zero interest in picking apart or debating the merits of anyone's GT list. My main point was that your tone and diction was inappropriate when talking about something as subjective fan-made power levels, and that your criticism and advice while be more likely to be taken seriously if you're not outright insulting about it. There is a massive difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

And if you want to take El Manga Legendario's tenfold boost as being a physical increase only, that's fine. However, since that particular tidbit has never appeared in a Japanese source, I'm just going to take it as an embellishment on the part of the local publisher, and ignore it, just like I'd do anything that came out of the Funimation dub. I usually just stick with the same 75x and 100x multipliers for Grade 2 and 3.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 pm

BlazeDVH wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
BlazeDVH wrote:Is Freeza's power level above 120 MIllions? Also did genki-dama damaged him?
I honestly think that 120'000'000 is his pl as wounded by the genkidama. full power should be more, considering that he tanks with one hand a x20 kamehameha from goku, and that alone would have a pl of 73'200'000 (60'000'000 x1,22 , kamehameha's multiplier).
Considering this, healthy freezer should be between 80'500'000 and 91'500'000 at 50%, making his full power between 161'000'000 and 183'000'000.
Is the genkidama that winds him, making him 60'000'000 at 50%, with a injury power down between x1,34 and x1,525
To do that, in my opinion genkidama should have been between 101'000'000 and 123'000'000 in power.
Yup i like that, what about "Uninjured Freeza is 200 millions" can we agree with this power level?

from a pure multipliers stand point, 212'000'000 would be better, 'cause it would be x400 first form and x100 tird form. i thinked this just Yesterday after replying you.
moreover, using x100 third form is even more comfortable when we have to fund the multiplier for a set percentage of frieza's power. surely, for that x100 is more comfortable and automatic than using a x75 from third form
Last edited by p-hyvo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:Speaking seriously, supersaiyangogeta'a power levels of gt has plenty of error, he goes against gt's power scaling itself plenty of times and contains logic failures/errors in multipliers.
url=https://kaboomkrusader.updog.co/Kaboom_GT_Pls.html] are willingly ironic and I love this shit honestly kek .this is funny.
But supersaiyangogeta's power level aren't willingly bad and clunky, they just are for reasons I just told upwards.it seems like he doesn't even saw gt before doing that list, and it is against the anime itself and the official gt guides too in some extent. That's why I offered him my help, I want him to get better.

Regarding "ssj grade 3 is a x10" I don't think it is to take literally, it is not "if grade 2 is 60 , grade 3 is 600" IMO.
the fighters have 3 statistics as explained by goku for the kaioken against Vegeta : physical strength, resistance and speed .and that 3 together are enough to multiply the power level completely.
As we know, grade 3 doesn't multiply all the stats for the same amount, it downgrades speed in exchange of a devastating physical strength.Thats why I think that x10 isn't to take literally.
60/3=20 , so

Ssj g2

Phy=20
Res=20
Spd =20

Ssj g3

Phy=200
Result=40 (it is fine to multiply it, all this bulk surely makes his resistance rose too)

Total multiplier = x250

What do you think about this, boy? I'm curious about your thoughts
As I said, I couldn't care less about anyone's GT power scale. The series is already a clusterfuck, so I'm not going go out of my way to invite the headache, outside of joke lists, like Kaboom's. I have absolutely zero interest in picking apart or debating the merits of anyone's GT list. My main point was that your tone and diction was inappropriate when talking about something as subjective fan-made power levels, and that your criticism and advice while be more likely to be taken seriously if you're not outright insulting about it. There is a massive difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

ypu are right, as i said i've expressed myself in a wrong way. if you are'nt interessed in gt's scaling is fine, but even if you are'nt the errors are notable anyway

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:00 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:

60/3=20 , so

Ssj g2

Phy=20
Res=20
Spd =20

Ssj g3

Phy=200

Total multiplier = x250

And if you want to take El Manga Legendario's tenfold boost as being a physical increase only, that's fine. However, since that particular tidbit has never appeared in a Japanese source, I'm just going to take it as an embellishment on the part of the local publisher, and ignore it, just like I'd do anything that came out of the Funimation dub. I usually just stick with the same 75x and 100x multipliers for Grade 2 and 3.

in my opinion is unisual usung x75 for grade 2, usually everyoine i talked to uses x60 or x62,5, and , if not following el manga legendario, grade 3 as x75/x80.x75 for grade 2 seems exagerated to me tbh, bot i have nothing against it

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Noah wrote:
Alruneia wrote:...I can't tell if this is a serious question. What do you mean by "Super Saiyan 7"? Just any fan-made "SS7" transformation in existence? There's no way to scale something like that, because one guy's "SS7" could have a multiplier a million times larger than another guy's "SS7", so it'd come down to whatever fanfic you'd prefer to use.
Yes it is... If I remember correctly the scale is somewhat like this:

SSJ = 50x, SSJ2 = 100x, SSJ3 = 400x and SSJ4 = 1000x? Going by that scale, how strong would be a SSJ7 considering some people believes that SSJ God is around 6000x?
Wasn't it stated in some guidebook that SS4 is just Golden Great Ape in a more manageable form (which would make it x500 or so)? In any case, my point was that SS4 doesn't really scale cleanly with the other SS forms as it's achieved through different means (the whole Great Ape thing) than them, and forms above SS4 could easily also require other different means (and particularly means that vary from writer to writer), making it difficult to properly scale them with "lower" forms. (SSG also doesn't really scale cleanly.) "SS5" is usually a direct power-up from SS4 without much trickery, in my experience, which should be fine for scaling, but there's not much of a "consensus" beyond that form, so there's really no way to give a good answer.
But... I guess I can try, using the scale you provided. I'm just gonna extend the pattern I'm seeing.
SS1 = Base x50
SS2 = SS1 x2
SS3 = SS2 x4
SS4 = SS3 x2.5
SS5 = SS4 x5
SS6 = SS5 x3
SS7 = SS6 x6
Multiply it all together, and you get SS7 = Base x90000. In this scenario, I'd say Blue Kaioken x20 wins, though perhaps it'd be somewhat close.
Oh thanks for elaborating that, then it's just like I've imagined: a Super Saiyan 7 would be god damn strong but probably still no match to Blue.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Noah wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Noah wrote:
Yes it is... If I remember correctly the scale is somewhat like this:

SSJ = 50x, SSJ2 = 100x, SSJ3 = 400x and SSJ4 = 1000x? Going by that scale, how strong would be a SSJ7 considering some people believes that SSJ God is around 6000x?
Wasn't it stated in some guidebook that SS4 is just Golden Great Ape in a more manageable form (which would make it x500 or so)? In any case, my point was that SS4 doesn't really scale cleanly with the other SS forms as it's achieved through different means (the whole Great Ape thing) than them, and forms above SS4 could easily also require other different means (and particularly means that vary from writer to writer), making it difficult to properly scale them with "lower" forms. (SSG also doesn't really scale cleanly.) "SS5" is usually a direct power-up from SS4 without much trickery, in my experience, which should be fine for scaling, but there's not much of a "consensus" beyond that form, so there's really no way to give a good answer.
But... I guess I can try, using the scale you provided. I'm just gonna extend the pattern I'm seeing.
SS1 = Base x50
SS2 = SS1 x2
SS3 = SS2 x4
SS4 = SS3 x2.5
SS5 = SS4 x5
SS6 = SS5 x3
SS7 = SS6 x6
Multiply it all together, and you get SS7 = Base x90000. In this scenario, I'd say Blue Kaioken x20 wins, though perhaps it'd be somewhat close.
Oh thanks for elaborating that, then it's just like I've imagined: a Super Saiyan 7 would be god damn strong but probably still no match to Blue.
boy that thing is just wrong due to a valutation error of ssj4 kek

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:22 pm

p-hyvo wrote:boy that thing is just wrong due to a valutation error of ssj4 kek
DanielSSJ is right, and now a moderator is telling you too... please don't post like this. Keep your posts legible and polite, and if you have criticism, offer it in a kind and useful form. Stuff like "lol dis so wrong kek" is not going to fly here.

Anyway, on-topic... Super Saiyan 4 doesn't have any official multiplier. Fans have offered multiple ideas over the years, but none of them really ever work because of just how wildly inconsistent GT's power-scaling can be. The best bet is that it's, as described, a sort of on-the-spot potential unlock instead.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Kaboom wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:boy that thing is just wrong due to a valutation error of ssj4 kek
DanielSSJ is right, and now a moderator is telling you too... please don't post like this. Keep your posts legible and polite, and if you have criticism, offer it in a kind and useful form. Stuff like "lol dis so wrong kek" is not going to fly here.

Anyway, on-topic... Super Saiyan 4 doesn't have any official multiplier. Fans have offered multiple ideas over the years, but none of them really ever work because of just how wildly inconsistent GT's power-scaling can be. The best bet is that it's, as describe, a sort of on-the-spot potential unlock instead.
this time i was polite, i think.
i told is wrong due to a valutation error on ssj4.
true, ssj4 has'nt got an official multiuplier, but , thanks to the infos on baby vegeta contained in gt perfect files, we can find it, and it comes to be x100 of ssj3, not x10 or, even wrose, x1,25 of ssj3 as is commonly believed.
i hope i don't sound rude now, since i have explained why is wrong precisely.
plus, knowing it, i can say that gt's power scaling is precise and consistent, even if extremely exagerated imo

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 pm

BlazeDVH wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
I don't think we can. Or we shouldn't, at least. Freeza's noted as using 100% of his power, his injuries were never noted to have weakened him. Daizenshuu 7 is refering to his full power when listing him as 120mil as well, given how they listed 1/2 Freeza at 60,000,000.

Though even the 120mil figure from Daizenshuu 7 is a underestimation of Freeza's power. He and Goku fought evenly even after Freeza's power started to fall. Here's how the peak of their fight played out:
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:39 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
BlazeDVH wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
I don't think we can. Or we shouldn't, at least. Freeza's noted as using 100% of his power, his injuries were never noted to have weakened him. Daizenshuu 7 is refering to his full power when listing him as 120mil as well, given how they listed 1/2 Freeza at 60,000,000.

Though even the 120mil figure from Daizenshuu 7 is a underestimation of Freeza's power. He and Goku fought evenly even after Freeza's power started to fall. Here's how the peak of their fight played out:

he survived the genkidama due to pure luck, he could perfectly have died on strike. even freezer himself stated he was going to die for the genkidama.
now, where exactly the damage on him were never noted? kek

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 pm

p-hyvo wrote:he survived the genkidama due to pure luck, he could perfectly have died on strike. even freezer himself stated he was going to die for the genkidama.
That's now how it works. But since you asked, it's stated he's using 100% and that it's Goku's only chance to see the strongest guy in the universe at full power... A handful of times:

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P1.3
Freeza: “I’ll settle this at full power. It’ll take 1 minute…No, 30 seconds…”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P2.4
Context: as Freeza powers up
Goku: “His ki is swelling up and becoming full…So he’s finally bringing out this ‘100% power’ thing of his, huh?...”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P3.5
Context: as he lets Freeza power all the way up
Goku: “I really might not get this chance again…The chance to see the strongest bastard in the universe at full power…

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P5.2
Context: Freeza’s still powering up
Freeza: “85%...90…”
Goku: “Freeza…The reason I’m waiting for you to reach full power…is because I want to beat you down when you’re at your best…That way, you’ll have no regrets as a warrior…You want to try testing out your full power too, right? If you didn’t, you would have just fired at the planet again and ended it…”
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:29 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:he survived the genkidama due to pure luck, he could perfectly have died on strike. even freezer himself stated he was going to die for the genkidama.
That's now how it works. But since you asked, it's stated he's using 100% and that it's Goku's only chance to see the strongest guy in the universe at full power... A handful of times:

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P1.3
Freeza: “I’ll settle this at full power. It’ll take 1 minute…No, 30 seconds…”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P2.4
Context: as Freeza powers up
Goku: “His ki is swelling up and becoming full…So he’s finally bringing out this ‘100% power’ thing of his, huh?...”

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P3.5
Context: as he lets Freeza power all the way up
Goku: “I really might not get this chance again…The chance to see the strongest bastard in the universe at full power…

Chapter: 321 (DBZ 127), P5.2
Context: Freeza’s still powering up
Freeza: “85%...90…”
Goku: “Freeza…The reason I’m waiting for you to reach full power…is because I want to beat you down when you’re at your best…That way, you’ll have no regrets as a warrior…You want to try testing out your full power too, right? If you didn’t, you would have just fired at the planet again and ended it…”

freezer was already badly injuried there, Goku was already ssj in every istance you quoted, and that does'nt debunk what i've said

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Since it is evident that as a fandom we love our arbitrary quantifications of ki, it is great news that we have new officially stated power levels in the movie for the new characters!

Anyway, here they are:

Toddler Broly: 920
Paragus: 4200
Adult Base Broly: *too much for scouter* breaks the scouter

There you have it folks! We can add this to our list of official power levels that we have bestowed upon us!

BlazeDVH

Post by BlazeDVH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 am

PFM18 wrote:Since it is evident that as a fandom we love our arbitrary quantifications of ki, it is great news that we have new officially stated power levels in the movie for the new characters!

Anyway, here they are:

There you have it folks! We can add this to our list of official power levels that we have bestowed upon us!
Power level of 10k for broly is better i think, do you have source for these levels?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:17 am

BlazeDVH wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Since it is evident that as a fandom we love our arbitrary quantifications of ki, it is great news that we have new officially stated power levels in the movie for the new characters!

Anyway, here they are:

Power level of 10k for broly is better i think, do you have source for these levels?
he was obviously ironic Kek, I feel like I can touch his irony

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am

BlazeDVH wrote:

Anyway, here they are:

They were in the in-depth summary of the movie.

But no, Broly being at 10K was absolutely ridiculous. An infant being stronger than Saiyan arc Goku who fodderized Nappa, an elite Saiyan, is just nonsensical. 920 shows that he is extremely gifted but still to a believable extent.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 am

p-hyvo wrote:
BlazeDVH wrote:

Anyway, here they are:

No, those are actually power levels in the movie. I made it a little dramatic just for funsies but they are still the official PLs we got. We haven't gotten any in like decades so it is kind of a cool revelation.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am

PFM18 wrote:No, those are actually power levels in the movie. I made it a little dramatic just for funsies but they are still the official PLs we got. We haven't gotten any in like decades so it is kind of a cool revelation.
Interesting, Cipher's little pamphlets for the movie said kid Broly was at 10,000, a mistake? I do know Ajay said his power skyrocketed in the incubation chamber when a ruckus outside was making him anxious so its entirely possible 920 is his birth BP and then it goes to 10,000 for the scene in-question.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 am

PFM18 wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
BlazeDVH wrote:
No, those are actually power levels in the movie. I made it a little dramatic just for funsies but they are still the official PLs we got. We haven't gotten any in like decades so it is kind of a cool revelation.
Uh OK kek, I thought you were completely ironic due to the tone you used