Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:Vegeta implied he increased in strength 10-fold.
Where did you get this from?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:21 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Goku told Vegeta about what had happened when he was in the time chamber. Then Goku says Vegeta would have had to have gotten 10x stronger if he would be able to beat what cell is now or someting to that affect. Then Vegeta laughs obviously implying he is not worried about it

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

PFM18 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
Goku told Vegeta about what had happened when he was in the time chamber. Then Goku says Vegeta would have had to have gotten 10x stronger if he would be able to beat what cell is now or someting to that affect. Then Vegeta laughs obviously implying he is not worried about it
I remember Goku saying that doubling his power wouldn't do anything and then Vegeta says what if it tripled.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: Where did you get this from?
I remember Goku saying that doubling his power wouldn't do anything and then Vegeta says what if it tripled.
Honestly I was going off somebody else on here saying that the comment was about ten-fold but there could be some misinformation floating around here

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 am

PFM18 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Goku told Vegeta about what had happened when he was in the time chamber. Then Goku says Vegeta would have had to have gotten 10x stronger if he would be able to beat what cell is now or someting to that affect. Then Vegeta laughs obviously implying he is not worried about it
Honestly I was going off somebody else on here saying that the comment was about ten-fold but there could be some misinformation floating around here
They get out of the time chamber at Chapter #375, but nothing is said about Vegeta multiplying his power.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 am

Alright that is fine. My numbers work better that way anyway lol.

But yeah these are rhe numbers I have as of now

Future Trunks Super Saiyan: 180 Million
Post Namek Goku Super Saiyan: 182 Million
Super Saiyan Vegeta: 225 Million
Android 18: 338 Million
Android 17: 364 Million
Imperfect Cell(pre-absorption): 292 Million
Super Namekian Piccolo: 372 Million
Android 16: 510 Million
Imperfect Cell(post-absorption): 515 Million
Semi-perfect Cell: 880 Million
Super Vegeta: 1584 Million
Super Trunks: 1505 Million
Perfect form Cell(Suppressed): 2217 Million
Ultra Trunks: 2257 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Goku: 3960 Million
Full-Powered Perfect form Cell: 5939 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Gohan: 4356 Million
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan: 8712 Million
Super Perfect Cell: 8275 Million
Super Saiyan Trunks(Cell games): 2257 Million
Super Saiyan Vegeta(Cell games): 2376 Million
Piccolo Cell Games: 1869 Million

This way Gohan is still only at 87M in base and Buu saga Goku could still be significantly stronger but still weaker than 100% Freeza.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu May 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:They get out of the time chamber at Chapter #375, but nothing is said about Vegeta multiplying his power.
The line everyone is talking about is only in the dubbed version. In the original, Goku just calls Second Form Cell a "terrible monster."
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Yeah it's never stated how many times Cell is stronger than the Pre Rosat Super Saiyans. All Goku tells to Vegeta after he exits the Rosat is this:
Chapter: 375 (DBZ 181), P2.6
Goku: “I just got a look at Cell after he absorbed No.17 and evolved. He’s a terrible monster.”

I personally think he got about 15x stronger.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Fri May 25, 2018 1:00 pm

How strong is Goku on tournament of power?

SonofthePrince

What do you think of my power level list?

Post by SonofthePrince » Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 pm

I know, this has been done like a million times already, but I want to give it a shot. So here's my list of power levels (keep in mind most of these numbers are a little rounded and are obviously not official)
So this is only up until the Cell Saga, I'll do the Buu Saga sometime later.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:How strong is Goku on tournament of power?
It depends of the episode.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kaboom

Re: What do you think of my power level list?

Post by Kaboom » Sun May 27, 2018 4:56 pm

SonofthePrince wrote:I know, this has been done like a million times already, but I want to give it a shot. So here's my list of power levels (keep in mind most of these numbers are a little rounded and are obviously not official)
Moved and merged into the dedicated Fan-Made Power Levels thread, and formatted into Spoiler tags for readability.

I do really wish people would stop using bits from that stupid 'Legendario' guidebook, since it's pretty obviously stuff that the Spanish publishers just made up without origins in anything from Japanese material, and if nothing else it ends up clashing with newer material that *does* have direct Japanese origins (like the SEG boosts for SS2 and SS3, and Boo-era base Goku still being below Freeza). But as long as one doesn't get over-zealous about it, I guess it's fair game.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Kaboom wrote:
SonofthePrince wrote:I know, this has been done like a million times already, but I want to give it a shot. So here's my list of power levels (keep in mind most of these numbers are a little rounded and are obviously not official)
Moved and merged into the dedicated Fan-Made Power Levels thread, and formatted into Spoiler tags for readability.

I do really wish people would stop using bits from that stupid 'Legendario' guidebook, since it's pretty obviously stuff that the Spanish publishers just made up without origins in anything from Japanese material, and if nothing else it ends up clashing with newer material that *does* have direct Japanese origins (like the SEG boosts for SS2 and SS3, and Boo-era base Goku still being below Freeza). But as long as one doesn't get over-zealous about it, I guess it's fair game.

I'm not sure what you mean by SEG, but it is rather impossible for base Goku to still be below Freeza. I know most of his strength comes from his transformations, but that BoG line was pretty much the ultimate plotholes of plotholes. And to be fair, this guide was made a long time ago, you can't really get mad at it if it starts clashing with the newer material.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun May 27, 2018 8:09 pm

SonofthePrince wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by SEG...
"Super Exciting Guide(s)," a pair of Japanese guidebooks from Shueisha in 2009. The "Story Volume" one of the two had a good deal of battle power information, most notably revealing the 2x and 4x power boosts for Super Saiyan 2 and 3.

SonofthePrince wrote:...but it is rather impossible for base Goku to still be below Freeza. I know most of his strength comes from his transformations, but that BoG line was pretty much the ultimate plotholes of plotholes.
It's really not impossible at all. Plenty of people who dabble in battle powers and make lists, myself included, have been making it work since long before Battle of Gods and its perfectly-reasonable-and-uncontradicted line from Beerus. It just requires letting go of some old preconceptions and jumped-to conclusions.

SonofthePrince wrote:And to be fair, this guide was made a long time ago, you can't really get mad at it if it starts clashing with the newer material.
That's all the more reason, on top of being merely random embellishments from foreign publishers to begin with, why the 'Legendario' nonsense in question should just be ignored. It was stuff they just made up to begin with, and it should go without saying that newer official straight-from-Japan material should take precedence.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Kaboom wrote:
SonofthePrince wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by SEG...

"Super Exciting Guide(s)," a pair of Japanese guidebooks from Shueisha in 2009. The "Story Volume" one of the two had a good deal of battle power information, most notably revealing the 2x and 4x power boosts for Super Saiyan 2 and 3.
SonofthePrince wrote:...but it is rather impossible for base Goku to still be below Freeza. I know most of his strength comes from his transformations, but that BoG line was pretty much the ultimate plotholes of plotholes.
It's really not impossible at all. Plenty of people who dabble in battle powers and make lists, myself included, have been making it work since long before Battle of Gods and its perfectly-reasonable-and-uncontradicted line from Beerus. It just requires letting go of some old preconceptions and jumped-to conclusions.
SonofthePrince wrote:And to be fair, this guide was made a long time ago, you can't really get mad at it if it starts clashing with the newer material.
That's all the more reason, on top of being merely random embellishments from foreign publishers to begin with, why the 'Legendario' nonsense in question should just be ignored. It was stuff they just made up to begin with, and it should go without saying that newer official straight-from-Japan material should take precedence.
Okay I see your point, but regardless, I think I still managed to make the list work. I even gave reasons as to why USSJ Trunks and SSJ2 Gohan might be equal in strength.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:45 pm

SonofthePrince wrote:Okay I see your point, but regardless, I think I still managed to make the list work. I even gave reasons as to why USSJ Trunks and SSJ2 Gohan might be equal in strength.
SSJ Grade 3 Trunks is nowhere near FPSSJ Goku, let alone SSJ2 Gohan. Kuririn stated Goku is the biggest Ki he ever felt when Goku goes all out on Cell:
Chapter: 398 (DBZ 204), P7.1
Context: everyone gawking at Goku’s full power
Kuririn: “This really is an incredible ki…! It figures he’d outstrip everyone.”

As for your list, it's pretty solid overall. Though one thing that really bothers me (After the flawed SSJ Grade 3 being a 10x boost) is you having Piccolo's fusion with Kami as a 5x boost while it's implied by Guru to be a 2x boost:
Chapter: 265 (DBZ 71), P3.4-5
Context: the Great Elder reads Kuririn’s mind and learns of God and Piccolo.
Great Elder: “Hmf! He split in two, long ago…after evil entered into him! How foolish… He diminished by half the genius power with which he was gifted at birth! If he had come back together as one, he might not have had to die…”

I'd also change your Android Arc gaps given how it's implied by Future 17's "Less than half" statement that the Android Arc SSJs top around 2x the Mecha Arc ones.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Mon May 28, 2018 5:27 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
SonofthePrince wrote:Okay I see your point, but regardless, I think I still managed to make the list work. I even gave reasons as to why USSJ Trunks and SSJ2 Gohan might be equal in strength.
SSJ Grade 3 Trunks is nowhere near FPSSJ Goku, let alone SSJ2 Gohan. Kuririn stated Goku is the biggest Ki he ever felt when Goku goes all out on Cell:
Chapter: 398 (DBZ 204), P7.1
Context: everyone gawking at Goku’s full power
Kuririn: “This really is an incredible ki…! It figures he’d outstrip everyone.”

As for your list, it's pretty solid overall. Though one thing that really bothers me (After the flawed SSJ Grade 3 being a 10x boost) is you having Piccolo's fusion with Kami as a 5x boost while it's implied by Guru to be a 2x boost:
Chapter: 265 (DBZ 71), P3.4-5
Context: the Great Elder reads Kuririn’s mind and learns of God and Piccolo.
Great Elder: “Hmf! He split in two, long ago…after evil entered into him! How foolish… He diminished by half the genius power with which he was gifted at birth! If he had come back together as one, he might not have had to die…”

I'd also change your Android Arc gaps given how it's implied by Future 17's "Less than half" statement that the Android Arc SSJs top around 2x the Mecha Arc ones.
I'll give you this one but either way, it being either 2x or 10x doesn't change the outcome of USSJ Trunks vs Perfect Cell.

I don't know how you got a 2x boost out of Guru. If anything, Namekian fusion seems to be subjective to the fusees, but I just used what I could get from the 'Legendario' guidebook.

The Android Arc gaps still fits. Alternate Dr. Gero, even without the knowledge of SSJ, still roughly calculated their growth to where the androids could still curbstomp them. Present Gero wasn't aware of how much harder they'd train because of Trunks' warning.

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

[spoiler]
jeffbr92 wrote:
Chickenchaser wrote:How strong is Goku on tournament of power?
It depends of the episode.
[/spoiler]

When Ultra instinct (Completed) Goku fought against Jiren?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:When Ultra instinct (Completed) Goku fought against Jiren?
Episode #130
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Gogeta Blue

Post by Gogeta Blue » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 am

Behold! My Dead Men Battle Powers list
Saiyan Arc:
Part I:
Son Goku: 0
Raditz: 0
Farmer: 0
Part II:
Yamcha: 0
- Rogafufuken: 0
Chaozu: 0
Tenshinhan: 0
- Kikoho: 0
Piccolo: 0
- Makankosappo: 0
Namek Arc:
Kewi: 0
Dodoria: 0
Zarbon: 0
Appule: 0
Muri: 0
Cargo: 0
Rest of Namekians: 0
Ginyu Force Arc:
Gurd: 0
Jheese: 0
Recoom: 0
Butta: 0
Freeza Arc:
Guru: 0
Kuririn: 0
Dende: 0
Vegeta: 0
Mecha Freeza Arc:
Mecha Freeza: 0
Great King Cold: 0
Cyborgs Arc:
Dr. Gero: 0
Cyborg 19: 0
Cell Games Arc:
Android 16: 0
Son Goku: 0
- Mastered Super Saiyan: 0
Future Trunks: 0
- Super Saiyan: 0*50
- Super Saiyan G2: 0*75
Cell Jrs: 0
25th Tenkaichi Budokai Arc:
Yamu and Spopovich: 0 each
- Majin: 0 each
Kibito: 0
Pui Pui: 0
Yakon: 0
Majin Boo Arc:
Chi-Chi: 0
Videl: 0
Son Gohan: 0
- Mastered Super Saiyan: 0*50
- Super Saiyan 2: 0*100
- Ultimate: 0
Tenshinhan: 0
Yamcha: 0
Kuririn: 0
Chaozu: 0
Cyborg 17: 0
Goten: 0
- Super Saiyan: 0
Trunks: 0
- Super Saiyan: 0
Piccolo: 0
Rest of Earthlings: 0
Pure Boo: 0
Revised Battle Powers List - Coming soon.
My Canon: Dragon Ball Minus, Jaco the Patrolman, Dragon Ball 42 Volumes, Dragon Ball Super Manga
Manga > Anime