Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 pm

So, I've decided to make a "ignoring the Z-era power levels" power level list, taking statements from the manga literally. It's not going to be nearly as extensive as my usual lists and I'm only going up to the Saiyan Arc, Without further ado, on to the list.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Where do you guys put these people at ?

- MSSj Vegeta (Cell Games)
- Cell Junior
- Piccolo (Boo Arc)
- MSSj Goku (Cell Games)
- MSSj Kid Gohan (Cell Games)
- Goten
--- Post ROSAT
- SSj Teen Gohan
--- Post Z Sword Training
- Kaioshin
- Dabra
- Perfect Cell
Kinda late for this response, but I'll put in my numbers.
  • SSJ Vegeta (Cell Games): 1,800
    SSJ Vegeta (Buu Arc/Pre Majin): 3,000

Cell Jr: 2,000

Piccolo (Buu Arc): 1,440

SSJ Goku (Cell Games): 1,800
    SSJ Goku (Buu Arc): 3,000

SSJ Gohan (Cell Games): 3,000
    SSJ Gohan (Buu Arc): 2,880 (Very Rusty)
    -(Z Sword Training): 3,840

SSJ Goten (Pre ROSAT): 2,000
    -(Post ROSAT): 2,500

East Kaioshin: 1,800
    -(Kibitoshin): 6,200

Dabura: 2,700
    Perfect Cell (Full Power): 4,500

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 pm

@danielSSJ
Interesting list
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 am

What if power levels got rapid increases everytime like freeza arc:
M = million
B = Billion
T = trillion
Q = quadrillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000x = 10^15
MT = quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000x = 10^18
BT = sextillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x = 10^21
BQ = septillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x = 10^24
TQ = octillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x = 10^27

Android arc:
Cell arc:
Cell games:

Buu arc:
Super buu arc:
Movie 13:
SS3 goku dragon fist - 1,000,000 TQ = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 am

Broly has the highest power level apparently.....
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:27 am

Here's a little list I made of Goku & Freeza's power levels during their fight. I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor both before and after this fight.

Goku - 3 million (arrival on the battlefield)
- 30 million (KKX10)
- 60 million (KKX20 + Kamehameha)
- 1.6 million (Post-KKX20)
- 80 million (Spirit Bomb)
- 1.3 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 65 million (Super Saiyan)

Freeza - 3 million (initial)
- 60 million (50%)
- 65 million (temporary boost to counter KKX20)
- 35 million (Post Spirit Bomb)
- 65 million and declining rapidly (Max Power)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:33 am

BrolyLSSJ wrote:Broly has the highest power level apparently.....
What source stated that?

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:19 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
BrolyLSSJ wrote:Broly has the highest power level apparently.....
What source stated that?
howtotroll.com

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Here's a little list I made of Goku & Freeza's power levels during their fight. I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor both before and after this fight.

- 30 million (KKX10)

- 60 million (50%)
bulk freeza was a good deal more powerful than his "50%" state.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:45 am

apex_pretador wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Here's a little list I made of Goku & Freeza's power levels during their fight. I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor both before and after this fight.

- 30 million (KKX10)

- 60 million (50%)
bulk freeza was a good deal more powerful than his "50%" state.
I did go a little low admittedly but considering the fact Goku and Freeza are both tired and beaten to hell by the time they reach their max powers, I wouldn't put him above 75-80 million at best.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor both before and after this fight.
Indeed.
Here's my joke list detailing how it all played out, completely ignoring the official battle powers:

Goku: 3 m.
-Kaio-ken x10: 30 m.
-After getting beaten a lot: 2 m.
--Kaio-ken x20: 40 m.
---Kamehameha: 100 m - KHH gave a ~2.2 boost against Raditz, I theorize Goku has improved it a bit to 2.5x power by his arrival on Namek.

So here is the first time I deviate from the official BPs, as said, if the Kamehameha made Goku's BP become over twice as much against Raditz, I believe it makes sense to think it should be the same or better in later arcs, so it's this much, which of course means Freeza's BP is going to be even higher going by simple A<B logic, but let's just start explaining what happens with Freeza..

Freeza - 4 m - I think Freeza seemed to have the edge at their initial levels, he even felt confident he could fight Goku with no hands, so I give him the credit, required for such a boast.
-50%: 100 m - So here's the major deviation from the established BPs. Freeza could completely nullify the Kamehameha with one hand, which we've only seen Raditz do previously in Z, instead of having it envelop you or blast you away, so I conclude his power must have been on par or greater than the KHH he faced, like Raditz was, but since he seemed to struggle more than Raditz did, he's only on par with the KHH unlike Raditz.

Genkidama: 120 m - Goku only throws the Genkidama, when he thinks it's powerful enough to kill Freeza, so it must at least be a good deal stronger than Freeza.

So now after the Genkidama has been thrown, everyone are almost completely out of power and even Krillin and Gohan can barely fly. Freeza too was affected noticeably...

Freeza(50%, pre Genkidama): 100 m.
-Post Genkidama: 80 m - Freeza himself stated he took a huge amount of damage, but still maintained confidence he could beat Goku and co, which is a given as his BP was still far greater than theirs, but then something unexpected happens..

Super Saiyan Son Goku: 150 m - Goku achieves the legendary form and Freeza's worst nightmare is realized, fortunately he still has some backup power..

Freeza(70%): 112 m.
--100% Power: 160 m - First off, Gohan explicitly remarks that Freeza's ki is getting bigger again. Even with the damage sustained, I must conclude that injured 100% Freeza is stronger than healthy 50% Freeza.

Powerwise Freeza truly is the strongest in the universe, but his muscles hamper his speed, making him slightly slower than Goku and his stamina has taken a hit too, meaning despite being weaker, Goku can eventually turn the tables, just like years later, when Golden Freeza fought Blue Goku. In both instances Goku just got lucky Freeza didn't enjoy a larger gap in power, as that would have meant a quick win for the Tyrant.

Freeza Healthy 100% Power:200 m - Freeza's true unseen power, which would have crushed even the Super Saiyan! He must have been completely convinced he really was operating at his best on Namek, when he returned 2 years later, as he only thought he might defeat Goku, even after powering up or my numbers are just completely wrong :lol:
Last edited by dbgtFO on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

dbgtFO wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I know the Dainzenshuu caps them off at a 150 & 120 million each but those numbers don't really make sense given the fatigue and battle damage both of them take which is shown to play a factor both before and after this fight.
Indeed.
Here's my joke list detailing how it all played out, completely ignoring the official battle powers:

Goku: 3 m.
-Kaio-ken x10: 30 m.
-After getting beaten a lot: 2 m.
--Kaio-ken x20: 40 m.
---Kamehameha: 100 m - KHH gave a ~2.2 boost against Raditz, I theorize Goku has improved it a bit to 2.5x power by his arrival on Namek.

So here is the first time I deviate from the official BPs, as said, if the Kamehameha made Goku's BP become over twice as much against Raditz, I believe it makes sense to think it should be the same or better in later arcs, so it's this much, which of course means Freeza's BP is going to be even higher going by simple A<B logic, but let's just start explaining what happens with Freeza..

Freeza - 4 m - I think Freeza seemed to have the edge at their initial levels, he even felt confident he could fight Goku with no hands, so I give him the credit, required for such a boast.
-50%: 120 m - So here's the major deviation from the established BPs. Freeza could completely nullify the Kamehameha with one hand, which we've only seen Raditz do previously in Z, instead of having it envelop you or blast you away, so I conclude his power must have been greater than the KHH he faced, like Raditz was, but with a smaller gap, as he seemed to struggle a little more than Raditz.

Genkidama: 150 m - Goku only throws the Genkidama, when he thinks it's powerful enough to kill Freeza, so it must at least be a good deal stronger than Freeza.

So now after the Genkidama has been thrown, everyone are almost completely out of power and even Krillin and Gohan can barely fly. Freeza too was affected noticeably...

Freeza(50%, pre Genkidama): 120 m.
-Post Genkidama: 80 m - Freeza himself stated he took a huge amount of damage, but still maintained confidence he could beat Goku and co, which is a given as his BP was still far greater than theirs, but then something unexpected happens..

Super Saiyan Son Goku: 150 m - Goku achieves the legendary form and Freeza's worst nightmare is realized, fortunately he still has some backup power..

Freeza(70%): 112 m.
--100% Power: 160 m - First off, Gohan explicitly remarks that Freeza's ki is getting bigger again. Even with the damage sustained, I must conclude that injured 100% Freeza is stronger than healthy 50% Freeza.

Powerwise Freeza truly is the strongest in the universe, but his muscles hamper his speed, making him slightly slower than Goku and his stamina has taken a hit too, meaning despite being weaker, Goku can eventually turn the tables, just like years later, when Golden Freeza fought Blue Goku. In both instances Goku just got lucky Freeza didn't enjoy a larger gap in power, as that would have meant a quick win for the Tyrant.

Freeza Healthy 100% Power:240 m - Freeza's true unseen power, which would have crushed even the Super Saiyan! He must have been completely convinced he really was operating at his best on Namek, when he returned 2 years later, as he only thought he might defeat Goku, even after powering up or my numbers are just completely wrong :lol:
I agree with you.

I think you put 50% freeza a bit too high, as he said he nearly died by KHH , & goku confirmed that he was using 50% only when he survived KHH, implying that he didn't think he could've survived it if he was at 100%.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 am

apex_pretador wrote:I agree with you.

I think you put 50% freeza a bit too high, as he said he nearly died by KHH , & goku confirmed that he was using 50% only when he survived KHH, implying that he didn't think he could've survived it if he was at 100%.
Ha, yeah I actually thought I should put it lower, but decided against editing it more. I could see his 100% healthy full power landing at a nice round 200 million and of course his 50% equalling Goku's Kamehameha to better illustrate why he struggled with it.
You think it should be lower than that?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 am

dbgtFO wrote:

Ha, yeah I actually thought I should put it lower, but decided against editing it more. I could see his 100% healthy full power landing at a nice round 200 million and of course his 50% equalling Goku's Kamehameha to better illustrate why he struggled with it.
Actually, I'm fine with him being even with the power of KHH , as seeing how piccolo basically tanked his SUper KameHameHa, but goku did think it can finish him off.
Also, one more point, 70% freeza must be atleast equal to , if not bit higher than 50% pre genki dama freeza.

Do you plan to do a list based on these numbers? I think it'll be interesting (my list puts both damaged freeza & goku at 100 million , while healthy freeza above yadrat goku)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 am

apex_pretador wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:

Actually, I'm fine with him being even with the power of KHH , as seeing how piccolo basically tanked his SUper KameHameHa, but goku did think it can finish him off.
Also, one more point, 70% freeza must be atleast equal to , if not bit higher than 50% pre genki dama freeza.

Do you plan to do a list based on these numbers? I think it'll be interesting (my list puts both damaged freeza & goku at 100 million , while healthy freeza above yadrat goku)
I actually did an Android list a while back with the Daizenshuu numbers.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 am

apex_pretador wrote:Actually, I'm fine with him being even with the power of KHH , as seeing how piccolo basically tanked his SUper KameHameHa, but goku did think it can finish him off.
Good points, I updated the list to reflect that.
Nah, I think I'm going to keep to the ones I have in my sig, but of course it's interesting to go in that direction as then you'd have to make your mind up in regards to Mecha Freeza and Yardrat Goku, specifically in the original timeline, where it was Goku, who beat Freeza and not Trunks. By my list Yardrat Goku would still be weaker than Healthy Freeza like you have, so I don't know.
I'll probably be checking out yours and other recent ones to get some inspiration, but at this point, I'm not going to make another list, but maybe include it in my current one.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Created a formula for power levels:

1. Power levels represent the probability to win a fight (although it also depends on skill & environment etc)

2. Power levels depend on speed , strength , durability

3. What matters in a fight is the relative gap of power levels, not absolute gap. So, a gap of 100 & 120 is similar to 400 & 480.

Formula:

P = (0.5)^Q x 100%

P = probability of the person with lower fighter to win the match

Q = power level factor explained below
ex - Ginyu vs Goku :

A/B = 1.33
Q = 1.7 (strength / durability)

P = 30.77% (goku had a good chance to get the win)

Freeza vs goku (Daizenshuu)

A/B = 1.25
Q = 1.56 (speed / strength)

P = 33.91% (freeza's chance to win)

inb4 , someone lolololz at this post
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Now, go make a game, apex. I thought I could contribute to something with formulas of my own:

Power = Strength * Agility / Energy

where Power is the end result of how much Strength they have, which translates into one's sturdiness or mass. Agility is a better way to say how quickly they have displaced themselves for the Energy used, and Energy should be the equivalent of time spent, because it's proportional to the Power that one can exert. It doesn't matter how much Strength you have if your Agility wastes too much Energy. When a character learns how to decrease its consumption, they can increase in Power.
SSJ - Power: 50 | Strength: 10 | Agility: 10 | Energy: 2
SSJ2 - Power: 100 | Strength: 20 | Agility: 20 | Energy: 4
SSJ3 - Power: 400 | Strength: 80 | Agility: 80 | Energy: 16

ASSJ - Power: 64 | Strength: 16 | Agility: 16 | Energy: 4
USSJ - Power: 80 | Strength: 80 | Agility: 8 | Energy: 8

FPSSJ - Power: 100 | Strength: 10 | Agility: 10 | Energy: 1
Because they lowered their consumption, Goku and Gohan were able to increase their power output while keeping their body unstrained. Notice how Strength and Agility are the same as the ones in SSJ, while Energy divides by less. This could mean that when Gohan got his power unlocked by Old Kai, he became the equivalent of a Full Power SSJ2, because its consumption is minimal.
Ultimate - Power: 400 | Strength: 20 | Agility: 20 | Energy: 1
And the list could go on.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:40 am

Desassina wrote:Now, go make a game, apex. I thought I could contribute to something with formulas of my own:
I don't have skills to do so

Power = Strength * Agility / Energy

WHAT? energy is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to power.
Strength x speed can be called power though.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:10 am

I have Energy as consumption, not the amount that they have. Terrible name, I know, but since I compared it to time, one usually notes how much time you have spent than how much you have left.