Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Uh... yeah, pretty much what he said on both counts.

You have been well trained, my young apprentice.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Kaboom wrote:Uh... yeah, pretty much what he said on both counts.

You have been well trained, my young apprentice.
Nice to have lemmings that will regurgitate repetitive 10 year-old arguments, isn't it :P

Nothing against DanielSSJ, of course. It'd just be nice to hear new stuff for once :lol:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:53 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:Vegeta's really only bragging about being the strongest Saiyan when the "No Super Saiyan" rule is introduced, so Piccolo and #18 aren't really relevant. Besides, Vegeta's an overconfident braggart in general. Why take his boasting at face value?
I don't know he said that it would be fine if no one used SSJ, he still would be superior regardless, it's weird to assume Vegeta was just being cocky or may I say: "dumb" not taking into account Piccolo and #18 who are supposedly stronger than him at Base.

And mentioning #18 could we really say she was suppressed against Base Goten and Trunks?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:And mentioning #18 could we really say she was suppressed against Base Goten and Trunks?
No, but she doesn't need to be. She clearly had the upper-hand and Goten and Trunks are comparable to Vegeta and Gohan (who would be, obviously, comparable to Freeza in base, even if weaker). #18 isn't massively stronger than Freeza, probably only 3 to 4 times.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:...regurgitate repetitive 10 year-old arguments, isn't it :P
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :wink:
deviantART
[thread]

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:#18 isn't massively stronger than Freeza, probably only 3 to 4 times.
Shouldn't that be enough to stomp the Base Saiyans with ease?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:#18 isn't massively stronger than Freeza, probably only 3 to 4 times.
Shouldn't that be enough to stomp the Base Saiyans with ease?
If she knew that she was fighting base Saiyans, then sure. The problem is, 18 is in a tournament where if she accidentally kills anyone, she forfeits that nice shining pile of money she wants. So there's no way she's going all out against a guy who, as far as she knows, is just a pretty strong Earthling.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Then she can throw them out of the ring like she did with the blonde guy. She's not interested in fighting yet gets locked in combat with Mighty Mask.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Then she can throw them out of the ring like she did with the blonde guy. She's not interested in fighting yet gets locked in combat with Mighty Mask.
And shoots a Ki blast at him. :shock: That sure is an interesting way of "holding back"...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:40 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I don't know he said that it would be fine if no one used SSJ, he still would be superior regardless, it's weird to assume Vegeta was just being cocky or may I say: "dumb" not taking into account Piccolo and #18 who are supposedly stronger than him at Base.
There is no guarantee that he would keep his promise though. He could probably use Super Saiyan for a very short amount of time.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 am

What about Gohan? He's in the tournament to win yet is fine with fighting in base knowing 18 wouldn't let him win (she wants the prize money too). I doubt he'd go back on his word considering he's the one that proposed the no-SS rule.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Since Gohan as a kid is weaker then beginning of DB Goku, where does that put his Oozaru form at when transforms into for the first time?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Since Gohan as a kid is weaker then beginning of DB Goku, where does that put his Oozaru form at when transforms into for the first time?
Stronger than Piccolo. I suppose somewhere around the 2,000-3,000 range.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Since Gohan as a kid is weaker then beginning of DB Goku, where does that put his Oozaru form at when transforms into for the first time?
I tend to assume that when Gohan goes Oozaru, some portion of his dormant power gets stacked on top of the form (Oozaru Gohan seemed pretty mad to me). I'd wager that he was anywhere between 2,000 and 10,000, depending on how much power he's accessing.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah, Oozaru being a 10x boost should normally make things simple, but Gohan at this point in the series is anything but. His power is constantly shifting between dormant and surface depending on his emotions, and a good chunk of it could very well have been pulled out when he went Oozaru.
deviantART
[thread]

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:19 am

Over 13,000.
His full power at the time was 1300+ afterall.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Is there anything concrete to know whether Gohan was using Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 against Dabura?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Bullza wrote:Is there anything concrete to know whether Gohan was using Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 against Dabura?
It's kind of conflicted. The art in the manga, reinforced by Goku's little lesson and demonstration on Super Saiyan forms for Boo, plainly show Gohan as an SS1. But the art and some extra dialogue in the anime suggests he's an SS2 instead.

For the guidebooks, the manga-exclusive "Growing Up" guide in Daizenshuu #2 indicates Gohan didn't use SS2 after the tournament, while Dabra's bio in the anime-inclusive character guide in Daizenshuu #7 says he specifically fought Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.

It seems to be cut straight down "manga vs anime" lines, so that's how I rationalize and fit it all together. When Gohan fought Dabra, he was a Super Saiyan 1 in the manga and a Super Saiyan 2 in the anime. The story makes just as much or as little sense either way, so I think this compromise is honestly the most "concrete" answer possible.
deviantART
[thread]

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Bullza wrote:Is there anything concrete to know whether Gohan was using Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 against Dabura?
Not really. Though i find more convincing he was a SSJ than a SSJ2. The SSJ2 side is like a few ambiguous statements from Shin. The SSJ side are the art and statements, but you have to ignore Gohan's transformation at the Budokai. Either way requires a jump of faith.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Kaboom wrote:It's kind of conflicted. The art in the manga, reinforced by Goku's little lesson and demonstration on Super Saiyan forms for Boo, plainly show Gohan as an SS1. But the art and some extra dialogue in the anime suggests he's an SS2 instead.

For the guidebooks, the manga-exclusive "Growing Up" guide in Daizenshuu #2 indicates Gohan didn't use SS2 after the tournament, while Dabra's bio in the anime-inclusive character guide in Daizenshuu #7 says he specifically fought Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.

It seems to be cut straight down "manga vs anime" lines, so that's how I rationalize and fit it all together. When Gohan fought Dabra, he was a Super Saiyan 1 in the manga and a Super Saiyan 2 in the anime. The story makes just as much or as little sense either way, so I think this compromise is honestly the most "concrete" answer possible.
See I'd wonder why Gohan wouldn't have used Super Saiyan 2 after the Tournament though. Why wouldn't he have used it against Dabura? What about when he exploded and attacked Buu's Egg? Why would he not use Super Saiyan 2 there but he would at a Tournament in a somewhat friendly matchup.

He didn't look like a Super Saiyan 2 in the anime either but it would make more sense if he did.

They did say Dabura was as strong as Cell, naturally you'd assume at his best and if Gohan was weaker than he was as a kid and only using Super Saiyan you'd think he'd get flattened but he wasn't.