Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:@Kaboom, what are your thoughts on the levels/gaps of the Children (Goten & Trunks) in relation to the Adults (Vegeta, Goku, Gohan) and even Piccolo?
Whatever the power difference is, it doesn't really matter since the kids never had a serious fight or accomplished anything without Fusion (or even with it, really). I kind of arbitrarily put them right on the same level as Piccolo, about half as strong as the adults. Which is being generous if you ask me.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Zombie wrote:So how many times stronger you guys have Gohan over SSJ3 Goku in the Buu arc?
Assuming that Fat Boo is about twice as strong as a Super Saiyan 2 and that Super Saiyan Gotenks is at least as strong as Fat Boo, I'd put Ultimate Gohan at around 5 or 6 times stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku.
Darkron2151 wrote:@Kaboom, what are your thoughts on the levels/gaps of the Children (Goten & Trunks) in relation to the Adults (Vegeta, Goku, Gohan) and even Piccolo?
I know you didn't ask me, but as long as the kids are stronger than Android 18 by a decent amount but weaker than the adult Super Saiyans, anything could work.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. Another thing I wanted to ask is what gap do you guys have for Pure Buu and Goku.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 pm

I have SS3 Gotenks as exactly 3 times stronger than Goku and Gohan decently above that:

SS3 Goku: 40
SS Gotenks: 40
-2: 60
-3: 120

Ultimate Gohan: 150.

I use wonky fusion multipliers and rules though, explained here and here, if you are interested to find out exactly what that entails.
Zombie wrote:Thanks for the quick replies. Another thing I wanted to ask is what gap do you guys have for Pure Buu and Goku.
Dead even.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Zombie wrote:Thanks for the quick replies. Another thing I wanted to ask is what gap do you guys have for Pure Buu and Goku.
Fairly small. The difference between an 8 and a 9. In fact, on my power level list, SS3 Goku is at 36 billion and Pure Boo is at 32 billion. Goku's crappy stamina and Boo's regeneration helps even the odds.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Zombie wrote:Another thing I wanted to ask is what gap do you guys have for Pure Buu and Goku.
A practically non-existent one. Goku has a very, VERY tiny power edge in my eyes. Boo more than makes up for with his stamina and regeneration, which gives him an advantage in their fight that just increases over time.
deviantART
[thread]

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Kaboom wrote:Whatever the power difference is, it doesn't really matter since the kids never had a serious fight or accomplished anything without Fusion (or even with it, really).
I wouldn't consider giving Gohan great difficulty in a sparring match or even landing a hit on Vegeta as not accomplishing anything.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:24 pm

I have them dead even. The only real reason Goku was losing IMO was because of SSJ3's drawbacks (especially in a living body) and Buu's Hax stamina/regeneration.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:44 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:I wouldn't consider giving Gohan great difficulty in a sparring match or even landing a hit on Vegeta as not accomplishing anything.
I don't really use anything but actual serious fights — where Fighter A is trying their best to incapacitate Fighter B and vice-versa — to judge characters' power. Anything else has too many variables.
deviantART
[thread]

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Screw it I'll make then even then. Thanks. :thumbup:

Speaking of the kids. How big of a boost do you guys think the RoSaT gave them? 10%? 20%?

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Zombie wrote:Screw it I'll make then even then. Thanks. :thumbup:

Speaking of the kids. How big of a boost do you guys think the RoSaT gave them? 10%? 20%?
Well, for me, I had the kids around 25% off of Gohan and the Adults as it was. So I kinda nerfed their gains somewhat in order to not be tremendously over the adults, but to be caught up.

Now that I think about it, I can just bring the Pre-ROSAT kids down a bit just so that they're still behind the adults Post-ROSAT (status quo) and it makes Gotenks' gains seem much better.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Zombie wrote:Screw it I'll make then even then. Thanks. :thumbup:

Try 250% :P
In any case I believe the fused warrior's power is entirely dependent on the fuseés and that Gotenks can't improve independently, thus the very fact he has SS3 is because Goten and Trunks' power increased enough to make it happen.

Basically low tier Super Saiyans would not produce a SS3 fusion, but high tier Super Saiyans would.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Zombie wrote:Speaking of the kids. How big of a boost do you guys think the RoSaT gave them? 10%? 20%?
I'm in the opposite boat as dbgtFO... There was no mention or indication that the individual kids had powered up noticeably, so I don't think they grow proportionately stronger along with Gotenks or vice-versa. It seems to me that when the Fusion trains, it's the Fusion itself that becomes stronger somewhat independently of his parts (though if his two halves slack off and get weaker, the Fusion probably would too). So the kids would only be moderately stronger. When I make lists, I usually don't even bother coming up with different numbers for the kids.
deviantART
[thread]

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:52 pm

What are ya'll's thoughts on all of the Kaioshin (North, South, East, West, Dai)? As well as Kibito and also Kibitoshin? How strong were they compared to Buu (Pure)?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:What are ya'll's thoughts on all of the Kaioshin (North, South, East, West, Dai)? As well as Kibito and also Kibitoshin?
I believe all of them are weaker than SSJ2 Gohan.

Numbers:

Kibitoshin: 6,000,000,000
South Kaioshin: 5,000,000,000
Dai Kaioshin: 4,000,000,000
West Kaioshin: 3,500,000,000
North Kaioshin: 3,200,000,000
East Kaioshin: 2,800,000,000
Kibito: 50,000,000
Old Kaioshin: 5,000,000

I have Pure Buu at 32,000,000,000

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:20 pm

What are your guys thoughts on Buff Boo? (aka Pure Boo + South Kaioshin)

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:30 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:What are your guys thoughts on Buff Boo? (aka Pure Boo + South Kaioshin)
I think he's a swell guy. A bit rowdy. Needs to lay off the steroids a bit. :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness, I have it like this (for now):
  • Pure Buu: 24

Evil Boo: 80
    Buff Boo: 88

Gotenks (SSJ3): 96
    Ultimate Gohan: 120

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:What are ya'll's thoughts on all of the Kaioshin (North, South, East, West, Dai)? As well as Kibito and also Kibitoshin? How strong were they compared to Buu (Pure)?
For the three non-East Kaioshin... I don't really have any opinions, since I don't pay any mind to filler when I twirl my finger to magically create numbers.

But East Kaioshin seems to be just a step behind Goku at the Cell Games in power. That's significantly ahead of Piccolo, but outmatched by Dabra and the Boo-arc Super Saiyans. Kibito is down there with the base Saiyans below Freeza, as he's specifically said to be comparable to base Gohan in battle power. He and Kaioshin aren't an optimal match for Fusion, so they only get a few times stronger via the Potara. That puts them on a high Super Saiyan 2 level of power. Possibly stronger than Vegeta was during the final battle with Boo, but less useful due to all-around ineptitude and being more valuable for teleporting and healing.
DanielSSJ wrote:What are your guys thoughts on Buff Boo? (aka Pure Boo + South Kaioshin)
He's noticeably stronger than regular Evil Boo... but I'd bet Ultimate Gohan could still take him.
deviantART
[thread]

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Zombie wrote:Speaking of the kids. How big of a boost do you guys think the RoSaT gave them? 10%? 20%?
They surpassed Vegeta and got strong enough to fight equally a form of Boo which even Goku wasn't willing to fight. Then, I guess at least 5 times as strong as they were before splitting back at Boo's farm.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Does anyone have a fusion equation for potara or fusion dance? Just curious as to if anyone actually does (especially potara, concerning Vegetto and Kibitoshin). And if anyone does what are your levels for:

Gotenks
*Gogeta (Buu Arc)
*Gokhan (Buu Arc/Potara)
Vegetto
Kibitoshin

(*=Hypothetical)