Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:13 pm

ZombieVito wrote:No. They can't.

When Boo powers up in front of them, Dabura didnt feel or sense anything while Gohan was having a heart attack at Boo's power up.

Also BoG confirms Piccolo >> Base Saiyans so what ever Dabura and Babidi were doing on the cliffs, it wasn't reading Ki.
Boo attacked Dabra instantly after transforming. It's not like he had time to react to that.

And then FnF confirms Base Saiyans >> Piccolo... :roll:
RandomGuy96 wrote:one who should in all likelihood not be much weaker than pre-Majin SS2 Vegeta
Actually, Trunks is even stronger than Majin Vegeta... Mind you he trained with and mastered the Z Sword, what should make him about as strong as post Z Sword Gohan. This same Gohan could wield the Sword better than Goku could, what makes him stronger than Goku and Majin Vegeta.
dragon boss z wrote:That's also backed up by the fact they needed a kili machine to read power.
Goku was fighting Yakon in another planet (Yakon's planet, that is arguably located in the Demon World), so that just means Goku was too far away for them to sense him.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:14 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: And then FnF confirms Base Saiyans >> Piccolo... :roll:
Only Goku and Vegeta. Who are leagues above from when they were in BoG. In the U6 tournament Goku implied Piccolo would be better than Gohan, but I would say ssj Gohan is still stronger than Piccolo, he just isn't as good of a fighter.
Goku was fighting Yakon in another planet (Yakon's planet, that is arguably located in the Demon World), so that just means Goku was too far away for them to sense him.
I don't think that matters as they though Pui Pui would be strong enough to fight them, meaning they did not know how strong they were in base as well.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:13 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Only Goku and Vegeta. Who are leagues above from when they were in BoG. In the U6 tournament Goku implied Piccolo would be better than Gohan, but I would say ssj Gohan is still stronger than Piccolo, he just isn't as good of a fighter.
I'm actually talking about Gohan. Tagoma called him the most dangerous Z Fighter before even knowing he can transform.
I don't think that matters as they though Pui Pui would be strong enough to fight them, meaning they did not know how strong they were in base as well.
Because they never got to sense Goku and co. at full power. They still had an idea though, given how Babidi told Pocus to be careful against the Saiyans.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: I'm actually talking about Gohan. Tagoma called him the most dangerous Z Fighter before even knowing he can transform.
It's possible the super version of Gohan still had some access to his mystic power as when he was fighting Ginyu he was saying "I can't access my full power". And he finally had to go ssj. Also there is the fact I think the writers forgot how strong Piccolo was as they treated him like trash. He put up a better fight against final form Frost, the way they treated him in that episode was ridiculous and the fact he had trouble with a "Zarbon level opponent" in RoF, and someone stated to be "above the Ginyu" stomped him in Super, plus Frieza saying he will achieve a power level of 1.3 million, all lead me to believe the writers did not go back through he series to do their research before making the movie or the episode. In Toriyama's original draft for the movie I believe the line was "out of the warriors there Gohan is the strongest" and Toei may have taken that as base Gohan when Toriyama really meant ssj Gohan, which would make more sense as in the very next arc Piccolo was made out as a better choice than rusty Gohan. Why would Goku say he would rather have Piccolo than Gohan if Piccolo<base Gohan<<ssj Gohan? It would make more sense that base Gohan<Piccolo<ssj Gohan, with Piccolo being a better choice do to his skill being sharper.
Because they never got to sense Goku and co. at full power. They still had an idea though, given how Babidi told Pocus to be careful against the Saiyans.
By that same token they didn't sense Piccolo at full power either, and as Pui Pui thought 10x gravity was impressive I think it's safe to say if they thought any of them would have trouble with Pui Pui the way they gauged their power initially was wrong.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Only Goku and Vegeta. Who are leagues above from when they were in BoG. In the U6 tournament Goku implied Piccolo would be better than Gohan, but I would say ssj Gohan is still stronger than Piccolo, he just isn't as good of a fighter.
I'm actually talking about Gohan. Tagoma called him the most dangerous Z Fighter before even knowing he can transform.
Tagoma can't sense Ki.

Piccolo wouldn't have gone solo against Tagoma if Gohan was stronger in base.

Ginyu called base Gohan's power puny.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:24 am

Bullza wrote:If he was a Super Saiyan 2 in the manga then why did he not have the sparks?
Probably to emphasize his weakness, It's not the first time in the manga the aura of a SS2 is drawn without sparks, and he does have the SS2-appropriate hair as shown by the character sketches for the second Broly movie.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 am

Gohan had the same hair when he transformed when watching Spopovich beat up Videl. I don't think you could reasonably argue he's a Super Saiyan 2 there when it's talked about later against Kibito as a big deal and not a form Gohan just casually popped into not too long before.

Also, there is never a case of a Super Saiyan 2 consistently lacking sparks. Saying "Super Saiyan 2s don't have to have sparks because Toriyama sometimes forgets them in off-hand panels" is basically the same as saying "a Super Saiyans's eyes don't necessarily have no pupils since there's some panels where they are drawn with pupils" (Trunks against 2nd form Cell, for example). Using small panels where not much detail was put in or with a minor inconsistency to try and discredit a defining trait of a form is just reaching, in my opinion.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:26 pm

So when Goku said Dabura was as strong as Cell....do people think he's referring to Super Perfect Cell? And that's why he's stronger than a Super Saiyan but weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Goku and Vegeta seemed to take Dabra pretty lightly. I don't see Cell's power being treated with as much disrespected (for lack of a better word) since he rivaled SS2 Kid Gohan who's power was still held in a high regard.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote: When Boo powers up in front of them, Dabura didnt feel or sense anything while Gohan was having a heart attack at Boo's power up.

Also BoG confirms Piccolo >> Base Saiyans so what ever Dabura and Babidi were doing on the cliffs, it wasn't reading Ki.
I've mentioned before that they were explicitly reading energy, and not power. They're not the same thing.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm

dragon boss z wrote: It's possible the super version of Gohan still had some access to his mystic power as when he was fighting Ginyu he was saying "I can't access my full power". And he finally had to go ssj. Also there is the fact I think the writers forgot how strong Piccolo was as they treated him like trash. He put up a better fight against final form Frost, the way they treated him in that episode was ridiculous and the fact he had trouble with a "Zarbon level opponent" in RoF, and someone stated to be "above the Ginyu" stomped him in Super, plus Frieza saying he will achieve a power level of 1.3 million, all lead me to believe the writers did not go back through he series to do their research before making the movie or the episode. In Toriyama's original draft for the movie I believe the line was "out of the warriors there Gohan is the strongest" and Toei may have taken that as base Gohan when Toriyama really meant ssj Gohan, which would make more sense as in the very next arc Piccolo was made out as a better choice than rusty Gohan. Why would Goku say he would rather have Piccolo than Gohan if Piccolo<base Gohan<<ssj Gohan? It would make more sense that base Gohan<Piccolo<ssj Gohan, with Piccolo being a better choice do to his skill being sharper.
Later on the GB Arc Future Trunks said that Gohan isn't as strong as he used to be, so Gohan here is even weaker than his CG self.

Piccolo fighting evenly with a Zarbon tier opponent and the 1.3 million line were movie only though, nothing implies those two mistakes still aply to the manga. In fact, they were removed, what implies the writters noticed their mistakes.

Gohan isn't a fighter anymore. Even if he's stronger than Piccolo he still sucks at fighting and probably would had no interest at all in fighting. Gohan did recover his interest in fighting after FnF, but Goku doesn't know that until he goes recruit Piccolo.
By that same token they didn't sense Piccolo at full power either, and as Pui Pui thought 10x gravity was impressive I think it's safe to say if they thought any of them would have trouble with Pui Pui the way they gauged their power initially was wrong.
Seems like overcomplicating things too much to assume only Piccolo was more suppressed than them for no reason and without evidence. Not that it's wrong, but it's certainly a mental gymnastic.

Of course Pocus would think 10G was impressive. He thought Vegeta and the others were earthlings used to 1G gravity.
ZombieVito wrote:Tagoma can't sense Ki.

Piccolo wouldn't have gone solo against Tagoma if Gohan was stronger in base.

Ginyu called base Gohan's power puny.
Neither could Beerus. And unlike Beerus statement, Tagoma's is supported by feats: Tagoma is admitedly as strong as Base Gohan (Gohan said Tagoma had power on pair with his own before knowing he can go SSJ) and he tanked Piccolo's punch, and after FnF Gohan is shown fighting evenly with Piccolo on a sparring section.

Except that they didn't know how strong Tagoma was yet. Piccolo just wanted to kill him thinking he was another average soldier.

Ginyu draw Tagoma's dormant power after he stole his body though.
[navy]Gohan (narrating the NEP): “This Tagoma person is on a completely different level from the other soldiers. He’s hiding power at least on par with my own! No way... His power rose even higher?! What's that bizarre pose?!”

Piccolo: "His power has risen even higher than before?!"
Jaco: "I see. He drew out that Tagoma person's full power. I guess that's the sort of person Ginyu is."[/color]
RandomGuy96 wrote:Probably to emphasize his weakness, It's not the first time in the manga the aura of a SS2 is drawn without sparks, and he does have the SS2-appropriate hair as shown by the character sketches for the second Broly movie.
Wouldn't that imply Gohan vs Dabra is even weaker than he was at the Budokai though? At least he had sparks there...

Also, from Volume 30 onwards (37 onwards on Tankobon), Gohan had the same hair as a SSJ and SSJ2, with the bang being present even on his base form.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bullza wrote:So when Goku said Dabura was as strong as Cell....do people think he's referring to Super Perfect Cell? And that's why he's stronger than a Super Saiyan but weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?
Certainly not SPC. After coming back Cell was a real threat to Gohan and pretty much crippled SSJ2 Gohan, yet Dabra barely damaged a far weaker Gohan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Well in the Dragon Ball manga Super Saiyan 2 Gohan did a severe amount of damage to Perfect Cell with just a few hits. Whereas Super Saiyan 2 Trunks didn't really have much effect on Dabura after hitting him more times.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Neither could Beerus. And unlike Beerus statement, Tagoma's is supported by feats: Tagoma is admitedly as strong as Base Gohan (Gohan said Tagoma had power on pair with his own before knowing he can go SSJ) and he tanked Piccolo's punch, and after FnF Gohan is shown fighting evenly with Piccolo on a sparring section.

Except that they didn't know how strong Tagoma was yet. Piccolo just wanted to kill him thinking he was another average soldier.

Ginyu draw Tagoma's dormant power after he stole his body though.
[navy]Gohan (narrating the NEP): “This Tagoma person is on a completely different level from the other soldiers. He’s hiding power at least on par with my own! No way... His power rose even higher?! What's that bizarre pose?!”

Piccolo: "His power has risen even higher than before?!"
Jaco: "I see. He drew out that Tagoma person's full power. I guess that's the sort of person Ginyu is."[/color]
a Super Saiyan but weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?
Wait what? When was it said Beerus can't sense Ki?

You just proved my point. Gohan said Tagoma was on par with him at base and Piccolo still went to fight him alone because he thought Tagoma was weak. He was even cocky. Gohan even said on Namek that Piccolo never does this unless he knows he can beat his opponent.

This pretty much proves Piccolo > Base Gohan.

Also nothing contradicts base Gohan catching up to Piccolo after training with him.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:[
Later on the GB Arc Future Trunks said that Gohan isn't as strong as he used to be, so Gohan here is even weaker than his CG self.
And Piccolo seemed stronger than any base saiyan during the Cell games. He was implied to be near post ROSAT ssj Vegeta and Trunks.
Piccolo fighting evenly with a Zarbon tier opponent and the 1.3 million line were movie only though, nothing implies those two mistakes still aply to the manga. In fact, they were removed, what implies the writters noticed their mistakes.
Or they thought since he had trouble with a Zarbon level opponent it was OK to have him stomped by an above Ginyu tier opponent.
Gohan isn't a fighter anymore. Even if he's stronger than Piccolo he still sucks at fighting and probably would had no interest at all in fighting. Gohan did recover his interest in fighting after FnF, but Goku doesn't know that until he goes recruit Piccolo.
I agree with this.
Seems like overcomplicating things too much to assume only Piccolo was more suppressed than them for no reason and without evidence. Not that it's wrong, but it's certainly a mental gymnastic.
Of course Pocus would think 10G was impressive. He thought Vegeta and the others were earthlings used to 1G gravity.
it seemed to me like each person they fought were supposed to be from each arc of the show. Pui pui thought 10x gravity was impressive, he was saiyan saga tier, Yakon was a feared beast throughout the universe, he was Frieza tier, Dabura was stated to be Cell tier.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Is GT Pan stronger than Namek Freeza?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:45 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Wait what? When was it said Beerus can't sense Ki?

You just proved my point. Gohan said Tagoma was on par with him at base and Piccolo still went to fight him alone because he thought Tagoma was weak. He was even cocky. Gohan even said on Namek that Piccolo never does this unless he knows he can beat his opponent.

This pretty much proves Piccolo > Base Gohan.

Also nothing contradicts base Gohan catching up to Piccolo after training with him.
It's not that he can't sense Ki, but Goku was suppressed to zero as Kaio told him to. His statement holds as much weight as Tagoma's.

Gohan's statement was actually him as the narrator talking on the preview for the next episode, he even acknowledges Tagoma getting stronger and doing strange poses (Consequence of Ginyu taking over his body), what doesn't happen until the middle of the next episode. In universe, nobody knew how strong Tagoma was yet given their reactions to Piccolo getting his ass handed to him.

More like Piccolo catched up to Gohan given what happens in FnF.
dragon boss z wrote:And Piccolo seemed stronger than any base saiyan during the Cell games. He was implied to be near post ROSAT ssj Vegeta and Trunks.
When? Cell didn't even bother lumping him together with Vegeta and Trunks in two differen situations, so it doesn't seem like he's close to them at all.
dragon boss z wrote:Or they thought since he had trouble with a Zarbon level opponent it was OK to have him stomped by an above Ginyu tier opponent.
Tagoma was stated to be even stronger than the Ginyu Force, so it's not like they were doing the same mistake again.
dragon boss z wrote:it seemed to me like each person they fought were supposed to be from each arc of the show. Pui pui thought 10x gravity was impressive, he was saiyan saga tier, Yakon was a feared beast throughout the universe, he was Frieza tier, Dabura was stated to be Cell tier.
That's a good theory actually, i used to believe that a while ago. Though the implications of each one of Babidi's warriors being stronger than Kaioshin made me think otherwise.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: It's not that he can't sense Ki, but Goku was suppressed to zero as Kaio told him to. His statement holds as much weight as Tagoma's.

Gohan's statement was actually him as the narrator talking on the preview for the next episode, he even acknowledges Tagoma getting stronger and doing strange poses (Consequence of Ginyu taking over his body), what doesn't happen until the middle of the next episode. In universe, nobody knew how strong Tagoma was yet given their reactions to Piccolo getting his ass handed to him.

More like Piccolo catched up to Gohan given what happens in FnF.
You can still feel a close approximation of a fighters power even while they are suppressed if you are skilled enough.

Kuririn, Ginyu and Korin did it.

Gohan flat out tells them Tagoma is on par with him at the beginning of E22. Piccolo still decides to fight alone and weighted. It's obviously that:

SS Gohan > Ginyu > Tagoma >> Piccolo >>>> Tagoma (Gohan's estimate) ~ Base Gohan.

Pretty clear in the episode IMO.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Noah wrote:Is GT Pan stronger than Namek Freeza?
I am in no way an expert on anything GT-related, but wouldn't she have to be? I seem to recall there being some feats and statements during the space adventure that add up to force her to be stronger than 100 % Namek Frieza. Though I'm not entirely sure.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Noah wrote:Is GT Pan stronger than Namek Freeza?
Astronomically so. She prompted Trunks to question if she was stronger than him and knocked General Rild on his ass. She also taunted/mocked how weak one of the Evil Dragons (can't recall which one at the moment) and I don't think he'd be weaker than Freeza.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 am

Does anyone have the various anime statements where Kid Boo is touted as above Super Boo saved anywhere?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):