Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:01 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:That's why I said Boo + Kaioshin functions like a fusion. It doesn't work like addition, otherwise Boo would've gotten stronger by absorbing the Grand Kaioshin, not weaker.
Then I don't agree with you. You're taking the exception and making it the rule, an arbitrary rule. We have a bunch of examples of absorptions and all seem to be pretty straightforward. With an reasonable increase in power depending on who the absorbies are. For example, Super Boo + the kids and Piccolo wasn't enough for Gohan.
ekrolo2 wrote:So the Boo system would work like this?

Pure + South Kaioshin = Buff Boo

Pure + South + Dai Kaioshin = Fat Boo

Grey + Fat = Super Boo

Is that how it works?
This is how I describe all the phases of Boo, in order:

Pure Boo

Buff Boo: Pure Boo + South Kaioshin

Majin Boo: Pure Boo + South Kaioshin + Grand Kaioshin (Weakened due to the repression of evil, proved by the conflict in the Boo Arc)

Mr.Boo: Majin Boo - Evil(Who took away more than half it's power)

Evil Boo: Independent Boo, meant to represent Pure Boo I believe without it's "pink properties"

Super Boo: Pure Boo + Mr.Boo

That's about it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

LightBing wrote:This is how I describe all the phases of Boo, in order:

Pure Boo

Majin Boo: Pure Boo + South Kaioshin + Grand Kaioshin (Weakened due to the repression of evil, proved by the conflict in the Boo Arc)

Evil Boo: Independent Boo, meant to represent Pure Boo I believe without it's "pink properties"

That's about it.
That sounds about right. To answer your original question, I guess we're just meant to assume South Kaioshin was powerful as fuck and much like what Super Boo did to Gotenks and later Gohan, Kid merely absorbed him during their battle to turn the tide in his favor?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 pm

LightBing wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:That's why I said Boo + Kaioshin functions like a fusion. It doesn't work like addition, otherwise Boo would've gotten stronger by absorbing the Grand Kaioshin, not weaker.
Then I don't agree with you. You're taking the exception and making it the rule, an arbitrary rule. We have a bunch of examples of absorptions and all seem to be pretty straightforward. With an reasonable increase in power depending on who the absorbies are. For example, Super Boo + the kids and Piccolo wasn't enough for Gohan.

Grey + Fat = Super Boo

Is that how it works?
This is how I describe all the phases of Boo, in order:

Pure Boo

That's about it.
Weren't you doing some sort of game where people had to guess power levels? Whatever happened to that?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:That sounds about right. To answer your original question, I guess we're just meant to assume South Kaioshin was powerful as fuck and much like what Super Boo did to Gotenks and later Gohan, Kid merely absorbed him during their battle to turn the tide in his favor?
He had to be stupidly strong for him added up with Pure Boo to be enough to even touch SSJ3 Gotenks which is, to me at least, less believable than SSJ working differently for fusions.
We could go with the absorption working like a fusion but from what we've seen Super Boo do, it's heavy implied to be an addition.

There's no right answer, I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion. I'm still convinced SSJ is heavily nerfed for the fusions and part of it is what makes the fusions base so powerful.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Weren't you doing some sort of game where people had to guess power levels? Whatever happened to that?
Totally forgot about that. I checked my inbox and very few people sent what I had requested. There wasn't enough interest.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 pm

LightBing wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Weren't you doing some sort of game where people had to guess power levels? Whatever happened to that?
Totally forgot about that. I checked my inbox and very few people sent what I had requested. There wasn't enough interest.
You got 4 or 5 at least, didn't you?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 pm

So, I've tweaked my manga Black arc power levels with a few alterations from last time and some explanations, primarily for Black.

Multipliers:
Super Saiyan - x50
Super Saiyan 2 - x100
- Strengthened SS2 - x375
- Quake of Fury SS2 - x30,000
Super Saiyan 3 - x400
Super Saiyan God - x100,000
Super Saiyan Blue - x200,000
Super Saiyan Rose - x80 (Black's Base, I'll explain down below)

The Good Guys:

[spoiler]Goku:

- 2 (Base)
- 100 (SS1)
- 200 (SS2)
- 800 (SS3)
- 200,000 (SSGod)
- 400,000 (SSBlue)

Vegeta:
- 2 (Base)
- 100 (SS1)
- 200 (Regular SS2)
- 60,000 (Quake of Fury)
- 400,000 (SSBlue)

Trunks:

I considered making the Base Saiyan's higher but given the fact Goku and Vegeta worked like maniacs only to somewhat bypass SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games, there was no way for me to make Trunks that strong without trying to shoehorn in Zenkai retroactively into the old material which is tricky, to say the least. Regardless, Base Saiyan's here are between 200-202 million in Base.

Vegeta also has a line where he comments on how his SS2 is more powerful thank Trunks' confirming that his rage boost against Beerus was either a permanent power up to his SS2 or a powered up state of it he can flip on and off. Similar to how Trunks himself can use the standard SS2 more then increase it to SS3 tier.
[/spoiler]

The Bad Guys:

[spoiler]Zamasu:

This is a hard one to nail down but we do know Zamasu can fairly easily defeat Kibito and that Kaioshin is greatly impressed by his power. Goku also powers down in chapter 20 to fight Zamasu which means he isn't much power wise in the grand scheme.

Black :
Pre-First Zenkai
Post-First Zenkai
Post-Second Zenkai

So, we know that Base Black could trounce SS2 Trunks who was roughly on par with SS3 Goku. Vegeta also comments on his SS2 being far superior to Trunks' so that creates the scale of chapter 19 where Vegeta, with just his boosted SS2, can overwhelm Black as a Super Saiyan. Then the first Zenkai turned the tables, allowing SS Black to fight Vegeta, he doesn't completely outclass him as Vegeta manages to somewhat hold his own but the tide did turn.

Here's the one that hinges on future chapters: the reason Black isn't overwhelmingly stronger in his second Zenkai is that I think he hit the limit of Goku's power by obtaining Rose (or his version of Blue) after Zamasu healed him. I believe that his Goku, from whichever point in the future he took his body from, was likely quite a bit stronger than current Goku and that his maximum strength is a sort of ceiling of power Black's Zenkai strive to bring him to. Just ahead of using Rose, Black mentions that every time he heals his mind becomes more in tune with Goku's body, similar to the battle memories of the manga. He also comments that Vegeta is at the perfect level to help him ascend, implying once more an anime-esque system where he's growing stronger based on who he's fighting.
[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 pm

How would you rank all these

Piccolo (Buu/RoF saga)
Piccolo (Universe 6 saga)
Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Pre ROSAT)
Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Post ROSAT)

From strongest to weakest I'd go with...

Piccolo (Universe 6 saga) - He was Goku's second choice. Even recently Goku thought Goten and Trunks weren't strong enough.

Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Post ROSAT) - Goku could feel his power on Beerus' planet whereas he couldn't sense Base Gohan powering up until he transformed....

Piccolo (Buu/RoF saga) - ...And Piccolo was weaker than Base Gohan.

Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Pre ROSAT) - Mainly just a guess.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:34 am

LightBing wrote:This is how I describe all the phases of Boo, in order:

Pure Boo

That's about it.
So Grey (Evil) Boo is equal to Pure (Kid) Boo in power?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 am

LightBing wrote:How does everyone fall on the SSJ Fusion and Super Boo's power question?

Elaborating, do you guys go the route of reducing the normal SSJ multiplier for the fusions or do you boost Super Boo's power?
The problem with boosting Super Boo's power is that it has no explanation and it's contradicts his apparent absorption technique. Which is pure addition with the exception of the Grand Supreme Kai. Therefore how in the hell did Super Boo got so stupidly strong just by absorbing Mr.Boo, who's a SSJ2 tier fighter.

I usually reduce the fusions SSJ multipliers a great deal. It's not necessary contradicted and I can speculate that the Base got a good deal of the power unlocked by SSJ.

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts.
I believe "fusion SSJs" here refers to gotenks.
I use a 3x boost for gotenks from base to Super Saiyan, and another 3x boost from super saiyan to super saiyan 3. Overall, it makes him about 2.2x of SS3 goku.

As for super buu, it goes like this:

Fat buu / mr buu = 5 billion
South Kaioshin = 7 billion
Fat / mr buu with steams coming out of his head = 6 billion or higher
Kid buu = 12 billion (peak power)
Super buu = kid buu + fat buu = 17 billion
Buff boo = 12 + 7 = 19 billion
SS3 gotenks = 21 billion.

Yes
Not really
Fat buu is weaker
Grey + Fat = Super Boo
Not this either. However, it works as kid buu + fat buu.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 am

LightBing wrote:How does everyone fall on the SSJ Fusion and Super Boo's power question?

Elaborating, do you guys go the route of reducing the normal SSJ multiplier for the fusions or do you boost Super Boo's power?
The problem with boosting Super Boo's power is that it has no explanation and it's contradicts his apparent absorption technique. Which is pure addition with the exception of the Grand Supreme Kai. Therefore how in the hell did Super Boo got so stupidly strong just by absorbing Mr.Boo, who's a SSJ2 tier fighter.

I usually reduce the fusions SSJ multipliers a great deal. It's not necessary contradicted and I can speculate that the Base got a good deal of the power unlocked by SSJ.

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts.
There is no reason to the SSJ multipliers be different on fusions. I think Buu absorption on Kaioshins and Majins work different, since Buu got many times stronger when he absorbed South Kaioshin.

Pure Buu: 360
The original one

South Kaioshin: ~150
The strongest Kaioshin. On the anime, we saw he was doing much better than the West and North Kaioshins, but get Rekt once Buu got serious.

Huge Buu: 1,500
South Kaioshin's muscular body make Buu many times stronger.

Dai Kaioshin: 100
Weaker than South Kaioshin.

Fat Buu: 180
Weakened by Dai's kindness, his hypothetical Full Power is unknown.
Max: 500
This is the best Buu's body can take it.

Good Buu: 100
Good part of Buu, only Dai Kaioshin's power.

Pure Evil Buu: 400
The rest of Fat Buu's power.

Evil Buu: 1,200
Gotenks absorbed: 2,640
Gohan absorbed: 3,000
With his side evil in charge, he can use more of his power, but still weaker than Huge Buu, and far weaker than his full power).

SSJ3 Goku (Vs Fat Buu): 240
Less suppressed: 360
Full power: 480
Dominated Fat Buu and could have killed him. While serious he is dead even with Pure Buu.

SSJ Gotenks (Pre Rosat): 90
Post Rosat: 180
SSJ3: 1,440
Stated to start weaker than Goku and Vegeta, and Goku predicts Gotenks is going to be even stronger than him. That was never denied, but whe could say he was couting with Gotenks achieving SSJ2. SSJ3 Gotenks kicked Buu's pink ass all around the planet.

Chou Gohan: 1,800
Demolished Buu and is stated to be even stronger than Gotenks.

Vegetto: 3,600
SSJ: 180,000
Dominated Buu on his base form.
Bullza wrote:How would you rank all these

Piccolo (Buu/RoF saga)
Piccolo (Universe 6 saga)
Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Pre ROSAT)
Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Post ROSAT)

From strongest to weakest I'd go with...

Piccolo (Universe 6 saga) - He was Goku's second choice. Even recently Goku thought Goten and Trunks weren't strong enough.

Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Post ROSAT) - Goku could feel his power on Beerus' planet whereas he couldn't sense Base Gohan powering up until he transformed....

Piccolo (Buu/RoF saga) - ...And Piccolo was weaker than Base Gohan.

Super Saiyan Kid Trunks (Pre ROSAT) - Mainly just a guess.
SSJ Kid Trunks: Around Cell Games Vegeta. I don't belive the kids improved on the Rosat, since they were only training the fusion.

Piccolo (Buu/FnF): Buu Saga, i have him equal to a hypothetical 2nd grade Cell Games Vegeta (And a bit stronger than a Cell Jr). The kids were to fast for him with his weights and he only did casual training on the 7 years. I like to think Piccolo trained more after being trash on the Cell Games, so i put him somewhere between Dabura and Super Perfect Cell.

Piccolo (Champa Saga): I don't know. I'm actually remaking my DBS list, but on my last list i used to have him at Fat Buu level.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:23 am

apex_pretador wrote:Not really
Fat buu is weaker
That is how Fat Boo comes into being, though. The reason he becomes a lot weaker is from South Kaioshin's very gentle nature considerably lessening the evil within him.
apex_pretador wrote:Not this either. However, it works as kid buu + fat buu.
Huh? Grey ate Fat and became Super, how does it not work like that?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Fat buu is weaker
That is how Fat Boo comes into being, though. The reason he becomes a lot weaker is from South Kaioshin's very gentle nature considerably lessening the evil within him.
That's true
Somehow, you can't add it all up as grey buu is well below SS3 goku and super buu decently above SS3 goku.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Piccolo (Buu/FnF): Buu Saga, i have him equal to a hypothetical 2nd grade Cell Games Vegeta (And a bit stronger than a Cell Jr). The kids were to fast for him with his weights and he only did casual training on the 7 years. I like to think Piccolo trained more after being trash on the Cell Games, so i put him somewhere between Dabura and Super Perfect Cell.
Piccolo was stated to be weaker than Dabura, as well as being weaker than Supreme Kai. Supreme Kai was also stated to be weaker than SSJ Gohan (who in turn, is weaker than his Cell Games counterpart). That's because it was stated that Supreme Kai couldn't take out the sword from the rock, yet Gohan as a SSJ1 did it. Buu Saga Gohan is also probably not far from Cell Games Goku.
The gap between Piccolo and Supreme Kai was also stated to be quite large.

Cell Games Piccolo < Buu Saga Piccolo << Supreme Kai < Cell Games Goku <= Buu Saga Gohan

Piccolo at best would still be equal or below a Cell Jr. Probably Cell Games Trunks or Vegeta level.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Fat buu is weaker
That's true
Somehow, you can't add it all up as grey buu is well below SS3 goku and super buu decently above SS3 goku.
Clearly, the amount of power Boo has in his absorbed states relates to his level of evil. When he gets Gohan or Gotenks or Piccolo or South Kaioshin, they're apparently not good enough to drop his power but increase it. Yet, when Buff Boo ate South Kaioshin, the guy was apparently so good that Boo's evil personality was severely cut down and his power went with it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Piccolo (Buu/FnF): Buu Saga, i have him equal to a hypothetical 2nd grade Cell Games Vegeta (And a bit stronger than a Cell Jr). The kids were to fast for him with his weights and he only did casual training on the 7 years. I like to think Piccolo trained more after being trash on the Cell Games, so i put him somewhere between Dabura and Super Perfect Cell.
Piccolo was stated to be weaker than Dabura, as well as being weaker than Supreme Kai. Supreme Kai was also stated to be weaker than SSJ Gohan (who in turn, is weaker than his Cell Games counterpart). That's because it was stated that Supreme Kai couldn't take out the sword from the rock, yet Gohan as a SSJ1 did it. Buu Saga Gohan is also probably not far from Cell Games Goku.
The gap between Piccolo and Supreme Kai was also stated to be quite large.

Cell Games Piccolo < Buu Saga Piccolo << Supreme Kai < Cell Games Goku <= Buu Saga Gohan

Piccolo at best would still be equal or below a Cell Jr. Probably Cell Games Trunks or Vegeta level.
Not necessarily, Goku and Gohan had a massive gap over everyone else back at the Cell Games, so even if Buu Arc Gohan had dropped to Cell Arc Goku's level, Piccolo could still be considerably stronger than Cell Jrs. and Cell Games Vegeta while still being inferior to Kaioshin.
ekrolo2 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: That is how Fat Boo comes into being, though. The reason he becomes a lot weaker is from South Kaioshin's very gentle nature considerably lessening the evil within him.
That's true
Clearly, the amount of power Boo has in his absorbed states relates to his level of evil. When he gets Gohan or Gotenks or Piccolo or South Kaioshin, they're apparently not good enough to drop his power but increase it. Yet, when Buff Boo ate South Kaioshin, the guy was apparently so good that Boo's evil personality was severely cut down and his power went with it.
I don't recall South Kaioshin dropping Buu's power, in fact it increased it and that was what caused Buu to become Buff Buu. I think it was the Dai Kaioshin who caused Buu to become good and weak.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I don't recall South Kaioshin dropping Buu's power, in fact it increased it and that was what caused Buu to become Buff Buu. I think it was the Dai Kaioshin who caused Buu to become good and weak.
Yeah, I meant Dai but I goofed it up :P

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Not necessarily, Goku and Gohan had a massive gap over everyone else back at the Cell Games, so even if Buu Arc Gohan had dropped to Cell Arc Goku's level, Piccolo could still be considerably stronger than Cell Jrs. and Cell Games Vegeta while still being inferior to Kaioshin.
The thing is that Piccolo said that he and Kaioshin were on different dimensions. Different dimensions mean that there's a huge difference on power. And there are also two gaps to consider: the one with Piccolo and Kaioshin and the gap between Kaioshin and SSJ1 Buu Arc Gohan (which is not as big as the other one, but it's still one to consider). Let's put it on numbers:

Cell Games Goku would be a 20, Buu Arc Gohan would also probably be around 20. Considering Kaioshin was not able to take out the sword, there must be a gap between him and Gohan, Kaioshin could be a 16.
Let's compare Kaioshin and Piccolo, who are stated to be on different dimensions, which can be considered at a x1.5 difference of power (their difference was stated to be large, probably larger than other gaps such as Cui vs Vegeta, who were not really stated to be on different "dimensions"). So Buu Arc Piccolo would be around a 11. Cell Games Piccolo would be around 7 or 8.

Also, Vegeta was confident at the Cell Games. He clearly thought he surpassed 50% of Goku's power. So Cell Games Vegeta would be above 10, but much below 100% Goku's 20. Vegeta would probably be at a 12 (coinciding with the statement that there has to be a massive gap between him and Goku), with the Cell Jr a bit above him, around 13. since they were stated to be around Vegeta's strenght.

That means that Buu arc Piccolo surpasses 50% Goku, but would still be below a Cell Jr or Vegeta, probably at Trunks's strenght.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Assuming Gohan spent the seven years after Cell training like a Vegeta style madman, how strong would he end up? Could he get SS3 or would he simply be a really powerful SS2? Who's the highest he could realistically beat from the Boo arc?

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Assuming Gohan spent the seven years after Cell training like a Vegeta style madman, how strong would he end up? Could he get SS3 or would he simply be a really powerful SS2? Who's the highest he could realistically beat from the Boo arc?
While I'm not 100% convinced that he would have discovered SS3 on his own like Goku did, Gohan might've become a very powerful SS2. I would assume that he would've been at least a match for Fat Boo at the very least.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Assuming Gohan spent the seven years after Cell training like a Vegeta style madman, how strong would he end up? Could he get SS3 or would he simply be a really powerful SS2? Who's the highest he could realistically beat from the Boo arc?
I imagine he'd be around the level of Fat Buu who was 2x his canon Buu Arc self. I don't know if he could beat him, though. But Dabura would be one-shot material for him and he could easily put Vegeta down.