Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Godo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:24 pm

One question I have for both Kaboom and Xyex, as you two have been the two who are most into Powerlevel lists, if you think that Goku's power decreased when he became a kid again in DBGT, or if only his stamina decreased.
From what I have seen in DBGT, it seems like his stamina dropped quite a bit, making him sustaining states over the SSJ difficult, and techniques that require much energy limited in use.
But there is this question whether his stamina had decreased only (that is, his Ki reserves), or if he had gotten too weak to use high-maintenance techniques.
Another question is: Many lists put Goku's base power as a kid as only a third of his adult forms' power. Where do you put him? Same? A certain decrease?

And to Xyex: I had no idea you used the seven deadly sins as names for the Dragons. If I knew, I would have put the names of the seven dwarfs instead. I was choosing between them, and with Funimation's "Rage Shenron", I chose the seven deadly sins. You can take the names of the seven dwarfs from me in return, as a "I am sorry" gift for the damage caused. :P

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:39 pm

(I decided to branch this off into a new post so as to make it more prominent.)

As for the prior unpleasantness from last night... I've had adequate time (and a much-needed good night's sleep), and should now be able to organize my thoughts a little better. In a way, my decision to sticky this thread is, actually, exactly because it might not otherwise stay prevalent on its own. Let me explain.

As an example, here's how it worked on MFG, the former "headquarters," at least for me and most PL veterans I know, of Power Level discussions. There were merely a pair of DragonBall sections: a "main canon" one, and then a "GT/Movies" one. Depending on which "continuity" your list applied to, you would pick a section and make an entirely new thread for YOUR particular new set of power levels. Within this new thread, your levels would be critiqued by your forum-going peers and, since they were treated in a much more "factual" way as opposed to a creative one, you would also be expected to "defend" them.

This was the normal method. A very large portion of the threads within each DragonBall section would be on the topic of a particular member's list. If you revised your list sometime later, but your prior thread had moseyed its way onto the second page by then, you wouldn't bump it. You'd just create a new one.

Obviously, none of this is the way we want things to happen here on DaizEX. Numerical power levels are hardly ever the focus of any serious debates. If they are, they're just used as an example to support some overall point, rather than a "prove to me that this is/isn't their power level" or what-not. Any level-headed DaizEXer will also realize that any fan-made set of power levels are no more than that: fan-created.

With that last point in mind, I'd been wanting to introduce the potential fun and creative outlet of fan-made Power Levels to DaizEX's fantastic FanWorks section for a while now. Like I mentioned on the podcast a while back, I personally see their creation as something of an art form; like building and putting together a puzzle with numbers as the pieces. But I had to carefully consider the best way to go about it.

In the end, letting the FanWorks section get flooded with individual lists from each participating member seemed a repulsive prospect at best. So I settled on the opposite strategy: one single, central, focused thread dedicated solely to fan-made Power Levels, where everyone who's interested can share. Instead of multiple threads about them, we have just one.

And it was also important that we keep it at one thread. So that every time interest happened to die down but eventually perk back up again, we wouldn't end up with "Power Levels, part 2," and part 3, and 4, and so on. The easiest solution was to sticky the thread. That way even if interest slows down, that ONE single thread will remain if it ever picks up the pace again.

In a nutshell, I didn't sticky the thread to promote fan-made Power Levels, or because I personally think they're more important or somehow "deserving" of a "top spot" or anything like that. On the contrary, I stickied the thread in order to contain them.

If anything, it's actually doing a favor to those with a distaste for this sort of creative work. Because now instead of having to filter through things yourself, all you have to do is just avoid THIS particular thread.

That said, I hope we can just let the discussion of what merits a sticky or not continue in the just-created thread for it, and let this one remain on-topic and fulfill its purpose. Like anything else in the FanWorks section, we're here to have fun, folks. Let's not ruin it for ourselves and others.

Lastly, let me reiterate the purpose of this thread one more time. We KNOW that (for the most part) these Power Levels aren't "official." We KNOW that they're made-up. That's why the thread's here. As a place for us to have fun by making them up and sharing them. Half of what's been posted so far isn't even taking it seriously, and are just members goofing around.
Godo wrote:One question I have for both Kaboom and Xyex, as you two have been the two who are most into Powerlevel lists, if you think that Goku's power decreased when he became a kid again in DBGT, or if only his stamina decreased.
From what I have seen in DBGT, it seems like his stamina dropped quite a bit, making him sustaining states over the SSJ difficult, and techniques that require much energy limited in use.
But there is this question whether his stamina had decreased only (that is, his Ki reserves), or if he had gotten too weak to use high-maintenance techniques.
Another question is: Many lists put Goku's base power as a kid as only a third of his adult forms' power. Where do you put him? Same? A certain decrease?
It's hard to tell (aside from obvious "it's GT" reasons). I think one of the guidebooks had something to say on the matter, but from watching the series itself, all I can seem to remember his child-state affecting is his ability to maintain Super Saiyan 3. Otherwise, his power didn't seem any less potent. So if pressed to pick one, I'd say it only hindered his stamina.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I've seen a lot of power level lists in my day, but Kaboom's ones for the movies really do take the cake. But just a random question about your more serious battle powers for the movies.
Kaboom wrote:Lord Slug - 120,000
Young - 450,000
Giant - 666,000
Was that 666,000 just to be symbolic for one reason or another? Or do you honestly think that the giant transformation Namekains can use increases their battle power? I've always been kinda iffy about this myself, so I figued a quick question wouldn't hurt. My apologies for getting a bit off topic.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:50 pm

That was just me being "clever" and will actually repeat itself again, in a way. You can ignore one of the two in your head and have the two forms be the same, if you want. I actually can't remember if his power notably increased or not with the Giant form as it's been a while since I've watched the movie, but I probably wouldn't have listed it if there wasn't SOME basis.
deviantART
[thread]

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

OUTER Z BATTLE POWERS
This is a translation of a now departed Japanese fansite called “Outer Z”, which was devoted to battle power speculation. The site had a thorough collection of battle powers given in supplemental material, and it was from this site that Hujio and I got the scans for the Weekly Jump and V-Jump BP pages that are featured in Kanzentai’s battle power guide (I actually have a copy of the Weekly Jump issue in question, but no scanner, so it was easier to just use the Outer Z scan). The site also put up some nice Toriyama rough drafts of pages from the start of the Cell Games.

Unfortunately, the site’s “contact” button didn’t actually work and was never fixed, so I was never able to e-mail the site’s owner(s) and thank them for their scans…or even ask their permission to use the scans in the first place. The site was on Geocities, so it vanished into the ether when they did, and it seems that the owner(s) haven’t put the site up elsewhere. This translation was started more or less as an attempt to thank the owner(s) by spreading the site’s content to a larger audience. I was originally going to put it up on the MFG forum, but then that closed down, but this thread seemed like a good opportunity to finally post this.

I did this partial translation when the site was still up. I’ve got all the actual manga BP numbers listed, but there were often detailed explanations of the logic behind the numbers, which I only summarized briefly (if at all) and was going to eventually go back and translate properly. I’ve tried to fill in what I can remember of these explanations. Outer Z dealt primarily with the manga. It actually had a page devoted to post-Freeza anime BPs, including GT, but I never got around to writing those down, and don’t remember them now very well. The manga BPs were divided into several pages based on story arc, but here I’ve just thrown them all together. At the top of each page was this explanation of how the site’s BPs worked:

BP x1.1: a slight gap
BP x1.2: a considerable gap
BP x1.3~1.5: an overwhelming gap, with only a slim chance of winning
BP x1.6~2.0: hopeless if it’s a one-on-one fight, but several people can win if they team up
Anything greater than that depends on how the story plays out

*: indicates BPs from the manga
+: indicates BPs from Jump and the daizenshuu

Outer Z’s author/s (whose name/s or numbers I don’t know) took all the daizenshuu and Jump BPs as 100% canonical, and used them even when they thought they were odd or nonsensical. They used the SEG multipliers for SSj forms, but treated the SSj2/3 multipliers as effecting Full-Power SSj rather than regular SSj, but more on that later. They had an explanation somewhere on the concept of “battle power” itself, defining it as a measurement of ki, which is what enables most of the characters’ superhuman abilities. However, the site noted that on Namek, Gohan and Kuririn were ably to hop and run superhuman speeds and distances even with their ki suppressed down to zero, so the characters’ muscles contribute a lot to their power, independent of ki. Ki/BP also doesn’t include things like speed, stamina, technique, or intelligence, which can often have a major effect on how a battle turns out. In the case of Boo or Cell (when fighting Trunks), a major difference in stamina or speed effectively made them far stronger than characters with equal or greater BPs. However, Outer Z never tried to quantify the influence of these extra factors (like with “equivalent to X battle power” or the like), and only noted when they had a major impact.

Son Goku’s Great Adventure

Meeting Bulma (Age 749)

+Son Goku: 10
+Oozaru: 100

Yamcha: 8
He can’t beat Goku when Goku has a full-stomach

Kuririn: 7
He’s capable of taking out a saber-tooth tiger in one hit

The 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai (Age 749-750)

Son Goku: 70
Kuririn: 50
They both got about 7 times more powerful through their training. Kuririn manages to put up a good fight against Jacky Chun, but only because Jacky holds back a great deal.

Yamcha: 12
He says that he trained for the tournament, but he’s no match for Goku and Kuririn.

Namu: 60
He puts up a very good fight against Goku, but Goku is one step ahead of him.

Jacky Chun: 100
He has enough power to overwhelm Goku, and could have won at many points throughout their match, but the fight was dragged out through things like Goku turning into an Oozaru, and the judge forgetting to do his countdown.

The Battle with the Red Ribbon Army (Age 750)

Son Goku: 80
After training under Karin: 145
Goku gets stronger fighting against the RR Army, but is absolutely no match for Tao Pai Pai. After training under Karin, he overwhelms Tao Pai Pai, so the gap between their powers is x1.2.

+Karin: 190

Tao Pai Pai: 120
There’s a x1.5 gap between him and Goku (80), so he overwhelms Goku.

Mummy-kun: 90
Kame-sennin says that “the Goku we’ve known up to now” couldn’t win against Mummy-kun; he means Goku at the 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai, when he was at 70.

Akkuman: 110
He’s powerful enough to have won the Tenkaichi Budoukai twice, but is taken out with one powerful kick from Goku; the gap between them is x1.3.

The Masked Man (Son Gohan): 140
He’s strong enough to be a tough fight for Goku, even after he overwhelmed Tao Pai Pai. Goku says that he’s completely different from any of the guys before him.

The 22nd Tenkaichi Budoukai (Age 753)

Son Goku: 160
+Battle Strength: 180
160 is his “match strength”, which he uses so that he won’t kill his tournament opponents, while 180 is when he’s not holding back. Kuririn is only able to put up a fight against his match strength.

King Chapa: 130
Kame-sennin says that fighting Chapa will be a tough match for Goku, even after he saw Goku fight Gohan 3 years before. So Chapa must be pretty close to Gohan in strength.

Pan-Poot: 60
Kame-sennin says that he’s quite a master, but only by regular standards. Giran surrendered to Goku after Goku smashed one of the arena walls, and Pan-Poot likewise smashed a wall to demonstrate his power. So Pan-Poot’s strength should be close to Goku’s back during the 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai.

Kuririn: 140
Kame-sennin says that Kuririn is at the super-human level. He hits his limit fighting against Goku’s “match strength”.

Yamcha: 120
The gap between him and Kuririn is x1.16, the same as after the battle with Raditz.

+Jacky Chun: 180
He powered up training for the tournament (maybe he’s regained the power he had in his prime?). He’s equal to Tenshinhan, but if their match had continued, he probably would have lost due to the gap in their stamina. Note that Outer Z’s author uses Weekly Jump’s battle power for 22nd TB-era Kame-sennin, rather than Daizenshuu 7’s 139.

+Tsuru-sennin: 120
+Tenshinhan: 180

The Revival of Piccolo Daimao (Age 753)

+Son Goku: 260

Yajirobe: 140
He has enough power to climb Karin Tower with Goku on his back. Though his battle power is only a little bit higher than Cymbal’s, by using his katana he’s good enough to slice him in half.

Cymbal: 110
Piccolo created him to gather dragonballs rather than kill warriors, so he’s no as strong as Tambourine.

Tambourine: 155
Piccolo says that he’s many times stronger than Cymbal. He’s strong enough to kill Kuririn instantly, but Kuririn might have given him more trouble if he hadn’t been worn out from the tournament.

Drum: 210
He overwhelms Tenshinhan (BP: 180), but dies after one hit from Goku.

Piccolo Daimao: 220
+Young: 260
Though there’s not all that great of a gap between his old and young forms going merely by the battle power numbers, his younger self is far superior in terms of stamina, speed, and other factors.

+Mister Popo: 1,030
Power-wise he’s stronger than God (perhaps too strong), but God is superior in terms of spirit, techniques, etc.

The 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai (Age 756)

Son Goku: 300
Without his 100+ kg dougi: 380
Outer Z pegs Weekly Jump’s figure of 910 for Goku at this point as just a mistake, since it would mean Goku got much weaker between the tournament and Raditz’s arrival. This is one of the few instances where the site didn’t use an official BP.

+Anonymous (Chi Chi): 130
Kame-sennin calls her “quite a master”, the same term he used to describe King Chapa back during the 22nd tournament.

+Cyborg Tao Pai Pai: 210

Tenshinhan: 240
Shishin no Ken: 60 each body
He and Kuririn have about the same gap between them as after the battle with Raditz, when they’re at 250 and 206, respectively.

Kuririn: 200
He’s good enough to surprise Ma Junior.

+Shen (God): 220
In this human body, God’s ki control is the same as ever, but his muscle strength and stamina are the human’s, so he’s not as strong as when in his regular body.

Ma Junior (Piccolo): 370

Invasion of the Saiyans

Raditz Invades (Age 761)

*Son Goku: 334
*Without his weighted dougi: 416
*Kamehameha: 924

*Piccolo: 322
*Without his turban and mantle: 408
*Makankosappo: 1,330
*After fighting Raditz: 329

*Son Gohan: 1~710
*Angry: 1,307
His latent power becomes 10 times greater as an Oozaru. In this state, Piccolo is helpless against him.

+Raditz: 1,500
Outer Z had an explanation here to the effect that the reason Raditz at 1,500 could be so affected by the Makankosappo at 1,330 and Gohan and 1,307 was because Toriyama hadn’t yet ironed out how battle powers work.

*Kame-sennin: 139
*Kuririn: 206
*Tenshinhan: 250
*Yamcha: 177

*Farmer: 5
This doesn’t take into account his rifle’s power, of course.

Kaio-sama’s Training (Age 761)

+Kaio-sama: 3,500
Outer Z’s author included a long explanation about the whole Kaio and Kaioshin system here.

Duel with the Saiyan Prince (Age 762)

*Son Goku: 5,000
*Full Power: over 8,000
Kaio-ken x2: 16,000
*Kaio-ken x3: over 22,000
+Kaio-ken x4: 32,000
How high he can raise his BP with the Kaio-ken seems to depend on his muscle strength, rather than his BP. That’s why on the way to Namek he has to toughen himself up from the basics in order to withstand the Kaio-ken.

*Piccolo: 1,220
+Full Power: 3,500
Outer Z’s author(s) wonders if the daizenshuu’s figure of 3,500 is supposed to be only for when Piccolo concentrates his ki and fires those Makankosappo-like ki blasts. Otherwise it seems too close to Nappa’s 4,000, with only a x1.14 gap between them.

*Son Gohan: 981
+Masenko: 2,800
Piccolo says that Gohan would be more powerful than him if he put his mind to it, but maybe he only said that to give Gohan confidence?

*Kuririn: 1,083
+Full Power: 1,770
The ki blast he fired split into 6 and took out 4 Saibaimen, so each one of these blasts must have been over 1,200. Which means that before it split up, the blast’s power must have been over 7,200 (6x1,200), explaining why Piccolo said it had stupendous energy. Personally I find this logic leaves something to be desired…

Tenshinhan: 1,120
+Full Power: 1,830
There’s a x1.5 gap between him and the Saibaiman, so he easily beats it. Presumably the 1,120 figure is because Nappa said his scouter hadn’t shown Tenshinhan to be strong enough to win, but Outer Z didn’t explain the logic behind it.

Chaozu: 373
+Full Power: 610
The gap between him and Nappa is over x6.5. Since his psychic powers didn’t work against Nappa, perhaps the ability to guard against them is related to ki power?

Yamcha: 905
+Full Power: 1,480

Yajirobe: 606
+Full Power: 970

*Saibaiman: 1,200
Nappa says that they’re strong enough to rival Raditz going only by power. “Going only by power” might mean that Raditz’s speed and technique surpasses theirs.

+Nappa: 4,000
Since Vegeta said Nappa could win against Goku if he calmed down, perhaps Nappa was able to put out a BP of over 6,000 or so when calm?

+Vegeta: 18,000
Oozaru: less than 180,000
His Garlick Cannon attack has about the same force as Goku’s Kaio-ken x3 Kamehameha, which would be over 24,000. Making his Power Ball weakened his ki a bit, and he took damage from Goku’s Kaio-ken x4 Kamehameha, so his Oozaru BP would be under 180,000.

The Give-and-Take Battle on Planet Namek

The War Over the Dragonballs (Age 762)

*Son Gohan: around 1,000
*After raising his ki: about 1,500

*Kuririn: around 1,000
*After raising his ki: about 1,500

*Vegeta: 24,000
+Revival Power-up: 30,000

Kyui: 18,000
Despite Daizenshuu 7’s bio for Kyui saying his BP was 18,000, Outer Z didn’t mark it as a daizenshuu-derived BP. Perhaps they simply forgot to mark it, or they didn’t know about the daizenshuu entry? Or maybe they did mark it, and I just forgot to mark it while typing this summary up.

*Young Namekians: around 1,000
*Full Power: 3,000

+Dodoria: 22,000

+Zarbon: 23,000
Transformed: 28,000

The Ginyu Special-Squad Arrives! (Age 762)

+Son Gohan: 14,000
+Kuririn: 13,000
+Vegeta: 30,000
Gurd: 10,000

Recoome: 46,000
Butta: 42,000
Jheese: 44,000

Captain Ginyu: 80,000
*Full Power: 120,000
*In Goku’s body: 23,000
Vegeta said he saw Goku and Ginyu as about equal, so Ginyu must have been near Goku’s 90,000 before raising his BP.

*Son Goku: 5,000
Unleashing his ki: 60,000
+Full Power: 90,000
*Kaio-ken x2: 180,000

*Nail: 42,000

The Strongest Vs the Evilest (Age 762)
[This section heading was a pun on the fact that both “strongest” and “evilest” are saikyou in Japanese.]

Piccolo: 120,000
Merged with Nail: 1,200,000
Removing turban and mantle: 1,500,000
Nail at 42,000 is shocked by Piccolo’s power, so even though Piccolo hadn’t even spent a full 6 days at Kaio’s, Toriyama apparently intended him to have already achieved a large power-up.

+Son Gohan: 200,000
Angry: 1,000,000
Revival Power-Up: 400,000
Revival Power-Up, angry full-power: 2,000,000
After reviving by eating a senzu, his ki blast gives 3rd-form Freeza some trouble.

+Kuririn: 75,000

+Vegeta: 250,000
Revival Power-Up: 2,500,000
Vegeta says that if he, Gohan, and Kuririn all fight together they can somehow defeat Freeza. V-Jump put Vegeta at 250,000, Gohan at 200,000, and Kuririn at 75,000. If you add those all together, you get 525,000, versus Freeza’s 530,000. Maybe that’s what V-Jump had in mind with these numbers (I never noticed that before Outer Z pointed it out).

+Son Goku: 3,000,000
Kaio-ken x10: 30,000,000
Kaio-ken x20: 60,000,000
+Super Saiyan: 150,000,000

*Freeza: 530,000
*Second Form: over 1,000,000
Third Form: 2,000,000
Final Form: 3,000,000
Final Form, 50%: 60,000,000
Final Form, 100%: 120,000,000

The Androids and the Messenger from the Future
For the post-Freeza pages, Outer Z had this explanation of the Super Saiyan forms at the top: It’s mostly based off of the SEG multipliers, but has SSj Full Power as being x5 strong as regular SSj, with SSj2/3 being x2/4 as that.

About Super Saiyans

Super Saiyan: BPx50
Super Saiyan Second Grade: BPx150
Super Saiyan Third Grade: BPx500; lots of power, but no speed
Super Saiyan Full Power: BPx250
Super Saiyan 2: BPx500 (twice as powerful as SSj Full Power, in accordance with SEG [not that SEG actually ever mentions SSj FP])
Super Saiyan 3: BPx2000 (four times as powerful as SSj2, in accordance with SEG)

The Messenger from the Future (Age 764)

Mecha Freeza: 140,000,000
King Cold: 110,000,000
Cold must be pretty strong for Freeza to say that the two of them together could beat SSJ Goku.

*Trunks: 5
Full Power: 3,400,000
Super Saiyan: 170,000,000
Trunks tells Freeza to come at him at full power, and there’s no way that Freeza would hold back against a Super Saiyan. But even so, Trunks slices Freeza in half with one slice.

Son Goku: 3,600,000
Super Saiyan: 180,000,000
It seems Goku mostly trained to learn teleportation when he was on Yardrat, but apparently he also did some regular training. He’s increased his power by 20%.

The Androids Activate (Age 767)

Son Goku: 5,000,000
Super Saiyan: 250,000,000
For Trunks to call the androids monsters, there must be at least a x1.3 gap between them and Trunks (170 million), putting them at a minimum of around 220 million. To defeat them, you’d need at least a gap of x1.1, so Goku must have trained to reach 250 million.

Vegeta: 5,200,000
Super Saiyan: 260,000,000
Piccolo says that Vegeta just might be stronger than Goku, and Goku says that if Vegeta couldn’t beat the androids then he couldn’t either.

Piccolo: 17,000,000
Full Power: 170,000,000
Kuririn says that Piccolo is strong, even without being a Super Saiyan, and a title page shows Piccolo training with SSJ Goku. So it seems that Piccolo acquired enough power to rival a Super Saiyan. This makes him over 100 times stronger than during the battle with Freeza. The reason is that, as Piccolo says, he can make his energy explode all at once. Perhaps he learned Kaio-ken, or something similar, either from Goku or during his time at Kaio’s.

Ki amplification: an increase from one’s normal state to full power (x1.5~1.6)
Ki explosion: from full power, a further increase of close to x10.

He overwhelms No.20, so there’s a x1.3 gap between them.

Gohan: 3,200,000
He’s 8 times stronger than during the battle with Freeza. At full power (Kaio-ken?) he reaches 32 million.

Kuririn: 150,000
You wouldn’t think that an Earthling would be able to increase his power this much, but look at the pattern of Kuririn’s power-ups: during the battle with Vegeta and Nappa, he had powered up to around Raditz’s level. Then by the time of the battle with the Ginyu Special-Squad, he had powered up to be about on par with Vegeta’s initial power. Finally, during the battle with Freeza he reached Ginyu Special-Squad level. So it stands to reason that he’d get at least this strong.

Tenshinhan: 180,000
He was at Kaio’s for longer than Goku, and he knew about the Kaio-ken, but he’s never shown using it. If he did, his BP would reach 1,800,000.

Yamcha: 120,000
The androids mistake him for Goku, and Goku’s max during the fight with Vegeta (the last time Gero observed Goku) was 32,000, so he must be higher than that. If he can use Kaio-ken, then his BP would reach 1,200,000.

Android No.20: 100,000,000
Android No.19: 70,000,000

Android No.18: 260,000,000
Her BP is the same as Vegeta (who fights evenly with her), but because her energy is infinite she overwhelms him in the end.

Android No.17: 340,000,000
Vegeta is on par with 18, and Piccolo is on par with 17, therefore the gap between 17 and 18 must be the same as the one between Vegeta and (Super Namekian) Piccolo.

God and the Demon King (Age 767)

Piccolo: 340,000,000
Cell: 250,000,000
By merging with God, Piccolo becomes twice as powerful as before, and gains much more knowledge. Cell is no match for full-power Piccolo, even after absorbing his arm.

The Room of Spirit and Time (Age 767)

Cell (after absorbing hundreds of thousands of people): 600,000,000
Second Form: 940,000,000
Second Form Full Power: 1,410,000,000
Complete Form: 6,000,000,000
Even Piccolo’s powerful ki blast doesn’t damage first-form Cell at all, so the gap between them must be more than x1.7. His second-form’s base power comes from adding 17’s BP to his first-form BP. Then his second-form’s full power is x1.5 his base power. Vegeta says that his battle power increased a great deal when he powered up, but even then the gap between him and Vegeta is x1.7.

Android No.16: 600,000,000
He says that his power is equal to first-form Cell, but he’s helpless against second-form Cell.

Vegeta: 16,000,000
Super Saiyan Second Grade: 2,400,000,000
16’s power radar showed Vegeta as being much more powerful even in his normal form

Trunks: 20,000,000
Super Saiyan Second Grade: 3,000,000,000
Super Saiyan Third Grade: 10,000,000,000
Perfect Cell says that SSj Third Grade Trunks’ power is greater than his, but Cell is stronger than Goku, and Goku freaked out Trunks with only 50% of his power. Therefore Super Trunks (3rd) must be at least three times as strong as regular Super Trunks. I don’t get the logic behind that at all, personally…

Cell Games (Age 767)

Mister Satan: 17
Outer Z notes how Toriyama says in DB Forever that Satan’s not as strong as real world wrestler Bob Sapp. The site also included an explanation of the whole "Mark" thing, as well as Satan/Mark and Videl's name puns.

Piccolo: 2,500,000,000
He rose to a whole different level in the Room of Spirit and Time; he’s 7 times as strong as he was after merging with God. But even he admits he’s no match for Cell.

Vegeta: 20,000,000
Super Saiyan Second Grade: 3,000,000,000
This is probably about as high as he could get in the Room of Spirit and Time, but he’s still strong enough to overwhelm his pre-training self.

Trunks: 22,000,000
Super Saiyan Second Grade: 3,300,000,000

Son Goku: 25,000,000
Super Saiyan Full Power: 6,200,000,000
Vegeta concentrated on coming up with a stronger SSj transformation, while Goku focused on balancing his SSj form, allowing him to draw out SSj’s latent power to the max. So his SSj form is his base of 25 million x 5 (Kaio-ken?) x Super Saiyan (x50)=6,200,000,000. Just half of his power surpasses post-ROSAT Vegeta.

Son Gohan: 28,000,000
Super Saiyan Full Power: 7,000,000,000
Super Saiyan 2: 21,000,000,000
Dormant Power Super Saiyan 2: 28,000,000,000 (60,000,000,000)
After Gohan powers up, Cell says that Goku’s boast about Gohan being able to beat him wasn’t a total bluff, implying that Gohan is weaker than Cell but still stronger than Goku. Angered by Cell’s vile attack on No.16, Gohan’s base BP increases by 1.5. At the same time, he becomes SSj2, doubling his angered SSj Full Power’s BP. So overall his BP triples. 28 million x 1.5 x Super Saiyan 2 (x500)=21,000,000,000. Even after the revived Cell’s attack reduced his ki power to less than half, he unleashed even further dormant power, increasing him to 28,000,000,000 (60,000,000,000 at full power). It’s more than enough to repel the revived Cell’s Kamehameha. I can't remember what specific explanation Outer Z gave for "Dormant Power SSj2" numbers.

Cell Juniors: 3,000,000,000
Cell says that they’re on par with Vegeta and Trunks, though he also says that Vegeta and co. definitely can’t win (maybe because the Cell Juniors have inherited Cell’s regenerative powers and various techniques?).

Cell Perfect Form: 6,000,000,000
Full Power: 9,000,000,000
Revival Power-Up (+SSj2?): 21,000,000,000

Majin Boo’s Revival

About Kiri
1 kiri=battle power 1,000,000
Super Saiyan Goku’s 3,000 kiri=3,000,000,000
Yakon at 800 kiri=800,000,000

Fusion and Potara Merging
Fusion: combine the two peoples’ battle powers and multiply by 100 (so assuming the two peoples’ BPs are equal, each individual’s BP increases by 200)
Potara: the two peoples’ battle powers are multiplied together (according to the Super Exciting Guide)

The Great Saiyaman Takes Off! (Age 774)

Son Gohan: 20,000,000
Super Saiyan: 1,000,000,000

Son Goten: 9,000,000
Super Saiyan: 450,000,000

Videl: 15

The 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai (Age 774)

Mister Satan: about 17
He didn’t train for the tournament, and his Punch Machine score is 137 instead of 139 like at the previous tournament, so he’s probably weakened to about 16.7.

Videl: 30
After learning ki control and Bukujutsu from Gohan, she’s surpassed her father.

Kuririn: 300,000

Son Goten: 15,000,000
Super Saiyan: 750,000,000

Trunks: 16,000,000
Super Saiyan: 800,000,000

Kibito: 35,000,000
He’s strong enough so that regular Gohan can’t beat him, though Gohan’s arm strength is far greater than his.

Shin (East Kaioshin): 700,000,000
After meeting Kaioshin, Goku comments that he and the gang might not be able to easily win the tournament. The rule was that nobody could become Super Saiyan at the tournament, so if Goku’s BP is 60 in his regular form, using Kaio-ken x10 he’d be at 600 million, and so still wouldn’t be able to easily defeat Kaioshin’s 700 million. But he could win if he uses Kaio-ken x20. You might not that Kaioshin’s power is far below Piccolo’s, which was 2,500,000,000 at the Cell Games. Outer Z’s explanation for this was that, while Piccolo does tell Goku that Kaioshin is much stronger than him, he’s really only lying so that he won’t have to explain Kaioshin’s identity.

Bibidi, Babidi, Boo (Age 774)

Son Gohan: 40,000,000
Super Saiyan 2: 20,000,000,000

Son Goku: 60,000,000
Super Saiyan: 3,000,000,000
Super Saiyan 2: 30,000,000,000
Super Saiyan 3: 120,000,000,000
I don’t remember Outer Z mentioning this, but Goku’s Super Saiyan BP here is for regular SSj rather than SSj Full Power, and so his SSj2 BP is x10 greater (SSj FP being x5 strong as regular SSj, and SSj2 being x2 that).

Vegeta: 48,000,000
Super Saiyan 2: 24,000,000,000
Brain Washing+Super Saiyan 2: 30,000,000,000

Babidi: 1,000
Pui Pui: 18,000,000
Demon Beast Yakon: 800,000,000
Dabra: 21,000,000,000
Majin Boo (good): 100,000,000,000

Assimilation and Merging (Age 774)

Majin Boo (evil): 2,000,000,000,000
Super 3 Gotenks+Piccolo: 4,400,000,000,000
Gohan+the two squirts+Piccolo: 5,000,000,000,000
I don’t think Outer Z explicitly said this anywhere, but here Boo’s absorptions work by simply adding the BP of the absorbed person to Boo’s own power. Piccolo’s power is left out of Boo’s BP here, but that’s probably a case of rounding down. Last we saw, Piccolo’s BP was 2,500,000,000, so technically after absorbing him and Gotenks, Boo’s BP would be 4,402,500,000,000. A similar idea seems to apply to Gohan-absorbed Boo's BP.

Gotenks: 6,000,000,000
Super Saiyan: 300,000,000,000
Super Saiyan 3: 2,400,000,000,000
Another thing Outer Z might not have explained (or I just didn’t write down), but going by the site’s rules for how Fusion works, Goten and Trunks would now have BPs of 30 million a piece. At the tournament Goten was at 15 million, so they apparently both got twice as stronger during their training in the Room of Spirit and Time (putting Trunks at about 32 million, but he’d have to suppress that extra bit of power to Fuse).

Son Gohan Ultimate Power: 3,000,000,000,000

Vegetto: 2,880,000,000,000,000
Super Saiyan: 144,000,000,000,000,000
Outer Z takes the SEG’s statement that the Potara multiply the two people’s BPs together literally, so that regular Vegetto is 576 times as powerful as Gohan-absorbed Boo, and Super Vegetto is 28,800 times stronger! Going by this rule and Outer Z’s numbers, Kaioshin-Kibito would be 24,500,000,000,000,000, making him 4,900 times stronger than Boo at even his strongest!

Final Battle
Majin Boo (pure): 115,000,000,000
Technically Pure Boo is just a hair weaker than SSj3 Goku (at 120,000,000,000), but his nearly infinite stamina eventually open up a wide gap between them.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Herms wrote:About Super Saiyans
Super Saiyan: BPx50
Super Saiyan Second Grade: BPx150
Super Saiyan Third Grade: BPx500; lots of power, but no speed
Super Saiyan Full Power: BPx250
Super Saiyan 2: BPx500 (twice as powerful as SSj Full Power, in accordance with SEG [not that SEG actually ever mentions SSj FP])
Super Saiyan 3: BPx2000 (four times as powerful as SSj2, in accordance with SEG)
FFFFFFFF-WHOA. And here I was talking about how x400 for Super Saiyan 3 seemed "bloated."
deviantART
[thread]

Ludwig

Post by Ludwig » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:39 pm

*rubs eyes then looks back at the power list* ... wow... thats a long list...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks for taking those notes, Herms! It's too bad the site is gone.

Anyhow, I disagree with Outer Z's logic on Gokû at the tournament. I think his power maxing out at 910 is logical if we consider it during the Chô Kamehame-Ha. Similarly, maybe Ma Junior's power is maxed out around 800?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Thanks for taking those notes, Herms! It's too bad the site is gone.

Anyhow, I disagree with Outer Z's logic on Gokû at the tournament. I think his power maxing out at 910 is logical if we consider it during the Chô Kamehame-Ha. Similarly, maybe Ma Junior's power is maxed out around 800?
If it was like that, then the training they apparently did during the time skip after the tournament didn't actually do anything. And I'd honestly expect Piccolo's Choubakuretsumaha to be just as strong, if not stronger than the Chou Kamehameha Goku used. I'm no expert in battle powers, but the gap in power seems a little bit too much between them by those numbers.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Kiyza wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Thanks for taking those notes, Herms! It's too bad the site is gone.

If it was like that, then the training they apparently did during the time skip after the tournament didn't actually do anything. And I'd honestly expect Piccolo's Choubakuretsumaha to be just as strong, if not stronger than the Chou Kamehameha Goku used. I'm no expert in battle powers, but the gap in power seems a little bit too much between them by those numbers.
Gokû's ki still seemed to be rising when he was charing his Kamehame-Ha against Raditz. If Piccolo's Chô Bakuretsu-maha was ~800-860 than it'd make sense for his Makankô-sappô five years later to be 1,337ish. It would do plenty of damage to Raditz considering the old gaffer took one to the chest by Gohan while off guard and then the Makankô-sappô from an expert ki-user like Daimaô.

My suspicion for a while now has been that the 416 and 408 numbers that Raditz read from Son and Daimaô were still them while at ease. Once they get into the thick of a battle more and more of their strength would come to the surface. Going by that logic it would still make sense if five years prior their 'at ease' strength was in the late 200s or early three hundreds with their powers flaring up into the five, six, seven hundreds.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:28 am

Yeah, I always figured that 900-something number was supposed to represent a powered-up, charging-for-an-attack state. Anyway... What's this? What is this feeling of anticipation? Hark, what cometh this way? Why, it's more Movies Power Levels!

~ Part Three - "Super Saiyans Everywhere!" ~
MOVIE 7 - "EXTREEEEEEEEEME BATTLE! THE TWO GREAT SUPER SAIYANS PLUS TRUNKS"
  • "Spirit Bomb's BACK, bitches!"
Son Goku - 4,250,000
  • Super Saiyan - 215,000,000
    Punched in the groin - Millions of winces from audiences everywhere.
    + Spirit Bomb - 1,000,000,000
Vegeta - 4,450,000
  • Super Saiyan - 222,000,000
Trunks - 3,100,000
  • Super Saiyan - 155,000,000
Son Gohan - 2,500,000
Kuririn - 90,000
  • True Power - 4,500,000,000
    Secretly drained offscreen by Android 12, who promptly overloaded and exploded from the excess of power - 50,000
    • (All the main heroes' numbers are lifted straight from the Androids arc. Goku's powerup from the Spirit Bomb must have been enormous.)
Chi-Chi's budget - $50,000
  • Minus shopping expenses - $45,000
    Minus Goku's dining expenses - $500
Piccolo - 285,000,000
    • (I guess this film assumes Piccolo took out the Androids and/or Cell. So he's his merged-with-Kami self. More powerful than the Super Saiyans, though it didn't really matter against Super 13)
Android 15 - 65,000,000
Android 14 - 95,000,000
Android 13 - 175,000,000
  • Super 13 - 335,000,000
    • (These Androids are kind of hard to figure out. The heroes had trouble with them in base AND as Super Saiyans. You could say the Androids were holding back, but they seemed FAR too focused on their mission for that. So I just kinda shrugged and put them smack dab in-between somewhere.

15, the little purple dude, seemed to be the weakest of the three, mostly serving as backup for 14, who was the brawn to 15's brains. Whereas 13 definitely seemed the strongest of the three. Adding 14 and 15's power to his own made him far too strong for any of the heroes to handle, even the merged Piccolo
      )
The Celebrated Jumping Fish of Calaveras County - 1867

MOVIE 8 - "BURN UP, FANBOYS! A ONE-SIDED BEATDOWN!"
  • "Oh, hey, this one's plot is actually pretty goo- BROLY SMASH!"
Son Goku - 12,000,000
  • Super Saiyan - 600,000,000
    Empowered - 888,000,000
    • (Mid-RoSaT for him and Gohan, putting SSj Goku only a tiny bit ahead of SSjG2 Trunks and Vegeta, instead of WAAAY stronger than them after the full year. His "Surpassed Limits" state is from taking about half of everyone's Super Saiyan Battle Power, including his own, and pooling it together.)
Son Gohan - 10,200,000
  • Super Saiyan - 510,000,000
    • (Mid-RoSaT for Gohan as well. He ends up weakest of the heroes, as he seemed to be in the film)
Vegeta - 6,850,000
  • Super Saiyan - 345,000,000
    Super Saiyan Grade 2 - 515,000,000
    • (His level here is lifted straight from my Cell Arc list. Toei is not very reliable when distinguishing between Super Saiyan forms, so it's hard to tell if he's using regular SSj or SSjG2. So I included both. It doesn't make much of a difference against Broly, either way)
Trunks - 6,450,000
  • Super Saiyan - 325,000,000
    Super Saiyan Grade 2 - 485,000,000
    • (Copied from his fight with Cell, same as Vegeta)
Kuririn - 90,000
  • True Power - 7,890,000,000
    Jet-lagged from space travel - 85,000
Roshi - 139
  • True Power - 500,000,000
    Drunk - 100
Paragus - 25,000
    • (High above-average for a normal Saiyan; I figure he's had his fair share of zenkais after being beaten up by Broly over the years)
Broly - 7,010,000
  • Suppressed - 10,000
    Super Saiyan - 350,000,000
    "Legendary" Super Saiyan (x95) - 666,000,000
    • (His regular SSj tanked a kick from SSj Vegeta. As for his LSSj state... well to quote the guy himself: "A monster? No, I'm the devil!")

MOVIE 9 - "THE SUPER-INCREDIBLE, TOTALLY SENSITIVE AND CARING GUY OF MY DREAMS!"
  • "Wait, this one actually FITS with the series? F'serious?!"
Mr. Satan - 8
  • "Mark" Form - 1,000,000,000,000
    Carsick - 7
    • (The strongest man on Earth!)
Vegeta - 12,500,000
  • Super Saiyan - 625,000,000
Trunks - 12,000,000
  • Super Saiyan - 600,000,000
Son Gohan - 22,000,000
  • Super Saiyan - 1,100,000,000
    Super Saiyan2 - 2,200,000,000
Piccolo - 500,000,000
  • Intimidated by Kuririn's amazing power - 3
Kuririn - 90,000
  • True Power - 9,500,000,000
    Bewitched by Zangya's goddess-like beauty - 12
Yamcha - 45,000
Tenshinhan - 65,000

Son Goku - 19,650,000
  • Toei PAWNCH - 2,000,000,000
    • (This movie is relatively simple, at least for the heroes. They're all straight-up lifted from the Cell Games.)
Dosukoi - Dosukoi Dosukoi Dosukoi
  • Dead - 0
Udo - 500 lbs
Kung Foon - 3

Gokua - 575,000,000
Bujin - 850,000,000
Bido - 835,000,000
Zangya - 825,000,000
Zangya's split-form clone that was killed by Bojack - 412,500,000
    • (These guys are odd. However powerful Gokua was before, he seemed to need to transform against Base Trunks, ultimately losing when Trunks ascended as well. But he wasn't exactly losing before, so why transform at all? Meanwhile, the others didn't display an ability to transform at all, but seemed even stronger. So I mostly ignored the transformations, and didn't try to figure out "base" levels for them. Instead, I just estimated whatever they'd be at their strongest.

Overall, Gokua's actually the weakest, having lost one-on-one to Trunks. The others are strong enough that they can beat up on SSj Gohan when working together.
      )
Bojack - 900,000,000
  • Transformed - 1,150,000,000
    • (Super Saiyan Gohan put up a good fight against him one-on-one, but then smoked him with Super Saiyan 2)

It's not over, folks! Tomorrow, we'll really kick it into overdrive!
deviantART
[thread]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 am

And now my Saiya-jin through Namek levels~

-=Saiya-jin Arrival=-
-Good-
Chaotzu - 118
Roshi - 139
Yamcha - 177
Krillin - 206
Tien - 250
Piccolo - 322
+ W/out Weights - 408
+ SBC (Fist shot) - 1,330
+ SBC (Second shot) - 750
Goku - 334
+ W/out Weights - 416
+ Kamehameha - 1,100
+ Injured/tired - 351
Gohan - 5
+ Powered-up - 710
+ Angry - 1,307

-Bad-
Raditz - 1,300
+ Injured - 340

* Most of these are stated levels. Chaotzu, is, I think, original I can't remember. Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, Goku, and Gohan were all read by scouter. The first SBC level was given in the manga, but the second wasn't. While the anime puts it higher, I figure it would be weaker due to Piccolo being weaker. 'sides, Raditz is weaker at this point too, so it's not required to be huge. Goku's Kamehameha level is also a guess, based on Raditz's reaction and stopping of it. Raditz is never given, but the manga says the Saibamen are comparable to him and the Daizenshuu says 1,500. I figure 1,300 is a little close to 'comparable' though. That's about it.

-=Vegeta Battle=-
-Good-
Yajirobe - 200
Chaotzu - 810
Yamcha - 1,018
+ Full power - 1,314
Krillin - 1,024
+ Full power - 1,420
Tien - 1,083
+ Full power - 1,507
Gohan - 981
+ Angry Masenko - 2,800
+ Oozaru (Worn) - 5,500
Piccolo - 1,220
+ Full power - 2,250
Goku - 5,000
+ Full power - 8,093
+ Kaioken - 16,186
+ Kaiokenx3 - 24,279
+ Kamehameha - 28,000
+ Kaiokenx4 Kamehameha - 36,372
+ Spirit Bomb - 120,000
+ Spirit Bomb (energy lost) - 12,000

-Bad-
Saibamen - 1,200
Nappa (relaxed) - 4,000
+ Focused - 6,000
+ Max - 8,000
Vegeta - 18,050
+ Gallick Gun - 28,000
+ Injured - 14,230
+ Post false moon - 13,230
+ Oozaru - 132,300
+ Tail severed - 12,500
+ Injured(2) - 8,500
+ Crushed - 1,300

* First, let me say I hate micro-managing levels. But this one really needed it for Goku and especially Vegeta. Anyway, resting levels for everyone are taken from the scouter readings given for them. Gohan's Masenko is stronger than Piccolo, as stated by Piccolo. Goku was given an "over" estimate, so I put his power slightly over the 8k mark here, just to represent that. Vegeta is later said to have been "just over" himself, so likewise there. Not really much to say for these, it's mostly stuff given in the series.

-=Namek Saga=-
-Good-
Gohan - 1,490
Krillin - 1,480

-Bad-
Vegeta - 24,000
+ Zenkai - 30,800
Kui - 18,400
Dodoria - 22,000
Zarbon - 23,000
+ Monster - 29,000

* Again, nothing really special here. Krillin and Gohan have improved through some training, plus Gohan got a Zenkai after the fight with Nappa. The two were said to be at 1,500 but I figure it was just a rounded number, so I set them a bit lower. Kui was around Vegeta's on level (from Earth) and thought he had a fair chance, so I figure he's a bit stronger than Vegeta was before. Dodoria was weak enough that not only did he act like a coward against Vegeta, him acting so got him quickly killed. Zarbon did ok (though was losing) against Vegeta in his normal form, and trounced him when transformed (before being beaten in turn by a recovered Vegeta). I know he's given a reading of 30,000 when he challenges Recoome later, but I don't think he stopped there.

-=Ginyu Saga=-
-Good-
Gohan - 14,000
+ Full Power - 28,000
+ Zenkai - 72,000
Krillin - 13,000
+ Full Power - 24,000
Vegeta - 30,800
+ Final Flash - 42,000
+ Zenkai (exhausted) - 75,000
+ Zenkai (full) - 250,000
Goku - 5,000
+ Full Power - 90,000
+ Kaioken - 180,000
+ In Ginyu - 4,000
Nail - 42,000

-Bad-
Guldo - 8,000
Recoome - 45,000
Jiece - 45,000
Burter - 45,000
Ginyu - 90,000
+ Full Power - 120,000
+ In Goku - 23,000
Freeza - 350,000

* Gohan and Krillin have gotten their powers boosted by Guru now. Their full power is higher than what was used against Guldo but they can't quite tap into it all yet, since they're not used to it. By the Ginyu fight they are and can, though. Gohan get's a pretty big boost to his power after this fight (Recoome *did* break his neck, after all). Vegeta's attack looks like a precursor to the Final Flash, so that's what I call it. It's enough to trash Recoome's armor, but not really hurt him. Even after his Zenkai he's still pretty exhausted so he doesn't have access to the full power until after he rests. Goku's levels were simply stated, though the power of him in Ginyu is a guess based on how little help he is at this point. Nail's level was stated as well.

* Guldo's a weakling by current standards, his time control his is advantage. He wasn't even really able to hurt Gohan and Krillin after catching them in his mind trap thing. The other three were said to be equal in power, and I've got them just over Vegeta's Final Flash/Nail's power. Ginyu seemed to think he could take 60k Goku in his suppressed state, so having him resting at twice of their power makes sense. His max and in Goku levels were stated. Freeza, I figure, was holding back a little of his power initially on Namek, as he does do a small power-up later. This puts him enough over Vegeta for him not to be even slightly winded during their brief test of strengths later on.

-=Freeza Saga=-
-Good-
Krillin - 24,000
Gohan - 72,000
+ Angry Masenko (Vs. 2nd form) - 800,000
+ Zenkai - 225,000
+ Angry (Vs.3rd form) - 1,600,000
Vegeta - 250,000
+ Zenkai - 1,760,000
Piccolo - 7,000
+ Fused with Nail - 1,200,000
+ W/out weights - 1,400,000
Goku - 2,000,000
+ KKx10 - 20,000,000
+ KKx20 - 40,000,000
+ Kamehameha - 45,000,000
+ Spirit Bomb - 60,000,000
+ SSJ - 100,000,000

-Bad-
Freeza - 350,000
+ Powered-up - 530,000
+ 2nd Form - 1,060,000
+ Power-up 1 - 1,160,000
+ Power-up 2 - 1,300,000
+ 3rd Form - 1,590,000
+ Final Form - 2,120,000
+ 50% Power - 47,500,000
+ 100% Power - 95,000,000

* In my opinion, Krillin's power doesn't continue to go up because of the power-up he got earlier. It's one time only, not constant, so he's still at the same level as before. Gohan's power is the same as his previous Zenkai level. When he gets pissed at 2nd form Freeza he bats him around well, though doesn't manage any real lasting damage, so he was close to his power but not over it. After his Zenkai, however, his attacks give 3rd Form Freeza trouble. Vegeta, even after his Zenkai, is no match for 4th Form Freeza.

* As for Piccolo, I don't think his power made massive gains in the 6 days he was on King Kai's. Nail's comment about his power is, to me, more surprise that he's over the 3,000 that everyone else maxed out on save for himself. Fusing with Nail puts him up to a level that's a match for Freeza, even with the weights on. As for Freeza, the last thing we hear from him is 'over a million' so I went with the idea that each form increased his power by 530,000. This puts his base just over 2 million, so that's where I put Goku to match with what's seen. I've got his 50% level up higher than Goku's KKx20 to account for blocking the Kamehameha. His 100% level is just under Goku's SSJ level, which is 50x his base.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am

Kaboom wrote: Super Saiyan - 215,000,000
Punched in the groin - Millions of winces from audiences everywhere.
Super 13 - 335,000,000
No wonder Goten came out the way he did, if you get what I mean.

Xyex wrote: + Spirit Bomb - 120,000
+ Spirit Bomb (energy lost) - 12,000
The Swedish manga says that the Spirit Bomb has lost half it's power only. Is it correct or BS?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 pm

I just want to throw out a discussion point here: what's your opinion on the Super Saiyan multiplier? Is it really a set-in-stone multiplier like the Kaiô-Ken, a completely different power enhancement? Does it decrease as the series progresses? Would anyone really think of it as a multiplier in anything other than battle power lists?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Keeping a consistent multiplier keeps things straight and less of a headache.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:52 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Keeping a consistent multiplier keeps things straight and less of a headache.
Yeah, I agree, just wanted to hear what other people thought. Although, of course, I would never have considered Super Saiyan to be a straight 50x multiplier outside of battle power lists. Some people argue that it decreases because of stuff like the Saiyans being implied to be stronger than people like Piccolo and #18, and the whole Kiri thing. However, there's really no hard evidence for that to be the case; why would it decrease in the first place? Then there's the whole Kaiô-Ken stuff, and whatnot. But a 50x multiplier for SSJ makes things far more easier and cleaner than a multiplier which begins at 50x and slowly ends up at 4x by the Boo Arc.

This is exactly the reason why, a long time ago, I stopped doing battle powers post-Freeza Arc. Everyone's battle powers just skyrocket past the point I can even calculate battle powers that sit comfortably with me and get so inconsistent for any kind of battle power list to make sense (at least, to me).
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Ludwig

Post by Ludwig » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Ok, heres an honest question, and please don't delet my post this time but umm.. how in the hell.. do you guys make these list? Like i know some magazins publish powerlist back in the day but do you guys go from that or you guys like have a calculator at the ready during the episodes?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Ludwig wrote:how in the hell.. do you guys make these list? Like i know some magazines publish power lists back in the day, but do you guys go from that or you guys like have a calculator at the ready during the episodes?
It takes practice. But it's mainly just a matter of knowing the story, making a mental catalogue of dialogue and feats regarding power, and interpreting it.

For example, look at how we might figure out the Androids...

Trunks shows up from the future, and as a Super Saiyan is more or less as strong as Goku. Goku's been traveling and spent most of his post-Namek time on Yardrat learning to Teleport and control Super Saiyan more than gaining power. So we might assume that they're both still in the 150 millions. Let's say Trunks is 155 million.

In the manga, when we see Trunks' flashback chapter during the Cell Games, we can draw from it that he has become at least a decent chunk stronger than Gohan was when he died, since Trunks believes he can do some good against the Androids whereas they killed Gohan. So let's somewhat-arbitrarily place Super Saiyan Future Gohan at 140 million.

Before dying, Gohan likewise believes that he's become strong enough to defeat the Androids, having lost to them last time. However, 17 then reveals that last time they fought, he used "less than half" of his power. Which means that if last time, Gohan was, say, 130 million, then 17's true power would have to be at least around 260 million. Which, given some "wiggle room," is where I got my level for 17 of 285 million. 18's power is a bit suppressed compared to 17's so I plunked her at a nice n' even 275 million.

Lather, rinse, and repeat for every major character in the series.

See how it works? It's all speculative of course, and any one person may prefer things a bit higher or lower than another. But that's where the artistic side of it comes in.

And yes, I usually have a calculator handy for whenever I have to multiply or divide something by 50. :D
deviantART
[thread]

Ludwig

Post by Ludwig » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

ah... I'm sorry I still can't wrap my mind around it for the simple reason people are arguing on thigns that aern't even facts written down from the series except for a few like voer 9000 bit. But anyway.. just don't use the word artistic.. honestly.. I'm a nerd too but.. what we nerds do.. isn't artistic when it comes to this xD We just have time on our hands and have a rather strange hobbies.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 am

PLANET NAMEK.COM POWER LEVELS

[SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: This is the power level list that was on Planet Namek.com. For those who don't know, Planet Namek.com was an old DB fansite that was depressingly influential in the earlier days of English-speaking DB fandom. Why "depressingly"? Well, just read this thing. PN was largely responsible for, among other things, spreading the mistranslation of Freeza and SSj Goku being at 12 and 15 million rather than 120/150 million (The Ultimate DBZ Information Site being the other main culprit). There's a lot of other oddball stuff here. Everything outside of these brackets is the exact text used on the old site, copied and pasted. Keep in mind that reading this may drive you insane. Don't say I didn't warn you.]

An Introduction:
Welcome to our Power Levels list! This section is designed to give you a good idea of the relative powers that characters have when doing battle from the beginning of Dragonball all the way through the end of Dragonball Z. Don't get me wrong, we provide 100% accurate powerlevels from the Dragonball Manga and Daizenshus, when they are available. When the manga or daizenshus do not provide a power level (such as the case with the Dragonball Z movies and TV specials), we then turn to levels contained in the movie or TV special itself. If these references turn up blank, then we rely on the knowledge we have gathered about Dragonball over the years to come up with our very best guess. Each guess takes into consideration a characters training, who he/she can defeat at the moment, the known levels of other characters he/she faces, and the overall upwards trend in power levels as the series progresses.

How This Chart Works:
Its not all that complicated. All of the powerlevels have been split up into sagas, with the early DBZ levels being subdivided into battles (note: these battles are not meant to match those found in out Battle Chart). Along the right column of the chart you will find an assortment of screenshots and captions. For the most part, the captions on the right are more or less explanations of the guesses we have made. Finally, to make heads or tails of the coloration of the powerlevels, see the key below.

Read Before E-mailing Me About These Levels:
The colored levels are FACT as stated in the Japanese mangas, daizenshus, and TV series, therefore they cannot be wrong. I can't even begin to count the number of people who look like asses for arguing about levels that Toriyama himself wrote down in the mangas! As for the white levels; they are my opinion, for whatever its worth. Simply my 2 cents. However, all of my guesses are based STRONGLY around the stated levels. That's also why there are no DBGT levels. There is NO fact to base DBGT levels on. Besides the fact that there is no official list of powerlevels, DBGT wasn't created by Toriyama, so any nuances which he put into DBZ, such as powerlevels, would have no precedent in DBGT!

A Word on Reference:
Some people have e-mailed me about a "Dragonball Guide Book" which lists levels for the entire series. Let me set the record straight on this one: those levels mean nothing. Come on people! Even those of you who watch the English version of DBZ know that Furiza has over 1,000,000 in his second form. The guide book lists him at about half that. Now, which do you believe? The manga written by Toriyama himself, the Daizenshus approved by Toriyama, and the the TV Series directed by Toriyama? Or an unofficial guide book written years after Dragonball Z's end by a third party who was trying to cash in on the craze. I rest my case, now drop it!

Key
Based On: Manga\Daizenshyus
What It Means: These levels came from the Japanese manga and daizenshu either by direct reading or calculation based on a direct reading. There is NO disputing these as they came from Toriyama himself!
Ex: The manga states form 2 Furiza has over 1,000,000; or Vegeta: 18,000 * 10 (ozouru) = 180,000

Based On: Calculated
What It Means: While not stated outright in the Japanese manga or daizenshu, these levels can be had by taking levels that did appear in the Japanese manga or daizeshu and combining them with other known facts from the Japanese manga or daizenshu.
Ex: Vegeta has 18,000. Ozouru multipies your power by 10. Hence, Ozouru Vegeta has 180,000. (180,000 x 10 = 180,000)
-or-
Ex: Goku has 300,000. All levels of Kaioken multiply your powerlevel (except Kaiokem x1). Hence, Goku Kaioken x20 has 6,000,000. (300,000 x 20 = 6,000,000)

Based On: Scouter Reading
What It Means: These levels came directly from scouter readings in the JAPANESE version of Dragonball. There is NO disputing these.
Ex: "Hmm.. the scouter only says 5,000."

Based On: Stated
What It Means: These levels are stated by characters in the JAPANESE versio n of Dragonball. There is NO disputing these.
Ex: "Saibamen have 1,200 each"

Based On: Guesstimate
What It Means: These levels are figured based on Stated and Scouter levels as well as on a who can beat who basis. These are the only disputable levels, but I have built these so they tie closly to Manga, Scouter, and Stated levels.
Ex: Form 1 Furiza and Vegeta are dead even, so their levels are the same.

Dragonball Episodes

Quest for the Dragonballs
Goku: 10
Goku Ozouru: 100

A little note about Dragonball powerlevels: Powerlevels from the Dragonball series were written down in the Daizenshu's well after the manga was completed. In other words, some od these levels might not make total sense in relation to DBZ powerlevels.

22nd Budoukai
Jackie Chun (Kame-sennin): 139
Goku: 180
Tenshinhan: 180
Tsurusennin: 120

23rd Budoukai
Goku: 260
Piccolo Daimaou: 260

Dragonball Z Movies & Specials

Bardock Special
Bardock: 8,000
Toma: 6,000
Ozouru Bardock: 80,000
Ozouru Toma: 60,000
Chibi Vegeta: 5,000
Bardock (on Planet Meet): Just under 10,000
Kakarotto as a baby: 2
Dudoria's Henchmen on Planet Meat: < 8,000
Dudoria: Anywhere from 10,000 to 21,000
Furiza: 530,000

Since Bardock's level is just under 10,000 before visiting planet Meet, its probably around 8,000 at the begining. This, in turn, means Toma is weaker than Bardock since he was unable to kill Bardock's attacker. A Saiya-jin in Ozouru form is 10x stronger than a Saiya-jin in normal form which gives us Ozouru Bardock and Ozouru Toma.

Chibi Vegeta is probably around 5,000 since he easily defeats 10 saibamen, which have PLs of 1,200 each. Bardock easily defeat's Dudoria's men, but gets his butt kicked by Dudoria. Furiza probably has the same level here as in the Namek saga.

Trunks Special
Android 17: 20,000,000
Android 18: 20,000,000

Super Saiya-jin Gohan: 25,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Trunks: 17,000,000

Here, the Android's power levels are based on the fact that Trunks states that the Androids from this timeline are much waker than the ones he encounters in the main timeline. Since Gohan can take on one of them, but falters when fighting both of them, Gohan probably has around 25,000,000.

Trunks' level is based on the level he has when arriving on Earth to fight Furiza bot.

Dragonball Z Episodes

Raditsu Vs. Farmer
Raditsu: 1,200
Farmer with Shotgun: 5

Raditsu Vs. Goku and Piccolo
Raditsu: 1,200
Piccolo (with weighted clothing) : 322
Piccolo (without weighted clothing) : 408
Piccolo's Makankosappo (1st Try) : 1,330
Piccolo's Makankosappo (2nd Try) : 1,440
Goku (with weighted clothing) : 334
Goku (without weighted clothing) : 416
Goku (with Kamehameha) : 924
Gohan: 1 to 1,307 (power changes w/ emotions)

After the Battle
Kame-sennin: 139
Kame-sennin's Turtle: 0.001
Kuririn: 206
Tenshinhan: 250
Yamucha: 177
Piccolo: 329

These levels pretty much speak for themselves. They come soon after the battle with Raditsu where Bulma uses Raditsu's scouter to locate Tenshinhan, Chaozu, and Yamucha (this part was cut from the American version of DBZ)

Z Fighters Vs. Saibamen and Nappa
Saibamen: 1,200
Yamucha: 1,480
Chaozu: 610
Tenshinhan: 1,830
Kuririn (pre-battle): 1,083
Kuririn (max): 1,770
Piccolo (pre-battle): 1,220
Piccolo (max): 3,500
Gohan (pre-battle): 981
Gohan's Masenko: 2,800

Notice that the pre-battle and in battle powerlevels are quite different. Also note that the in battle levels are the maximum levels the fighters obtain during the course of the battle (i.e. while performing a special technique) and may not reflect their constant level throughout the battle.

Goku Vs. Vegeta and Nappa
Goku: 5,000
Goku Powered Up: 8,000
Goku Kaioken x1: 12,000
Goku Kaioken x2: 16,000
Goku Kaioken x3: 24,000
Goku Kaioken x4: 32,000
Nappa: 4,000
Vegeta: 18,000
Ozouru Vegeta: 180,000
Ozouru Gohan: between 9,810 and 28,000

As stated in the manga and Japanese series, Kaioken x2 and up multiplies your maximum level by that respective amount, hence 8,000 x 4 = 32,000. Also stated, Kaioken x1 gives you a "great increase in speed, and a slight increase in power." Hence, I assumed Kaioken 1x gives you 1.5 times your normal maximum level.

A saiyan's power increases 10 times in the Ozouru state, hence Vegeta's 18,000 ups to 180,000 in his ozouru form.

Gohan and Kuririn Vs. Furiza's Thugs
Gohan: 1,500
Kuririn: 1,500
Furiza's Men: < 500

At this point, Furiza's thugs have an extremely low level. This is evident because Gohan and Kuririn dispatch them in one hit apiece! 0_o

Vegeta Vs. Kui
Vegeta: 24,000
Kui: 19,000

Vegeta easily fries Kui here. Coupled with the fact that Zarbon and Dudoria state that Kui was higher than Vegeta before he left for Earth and Vegeta's current level of 24,000, I can confidently say Kui's powerlevel is close to (but over) 18,000.

Dudoria & Zarbon Vs. Namek Fighters
Zarbon: 23,000
Dudoria: 21,000
Namek Fighters: 1,000 - 3,000

Not much going on here either. Both Zarbon and Dudoria vaporize the Namekian fighters.

Vegeta Vs. Dudoria
Dudoria: 21,000

Vegeta turns the lard ass into pink marshmallows. 'Nuff said. I would also like to note that I don't think Vegeta's level changes after the fight with Kui. While many like to quote the line that "A Saiya-jin gains power after every battle", I feel this only applies to battles in which the Saiya-jin takes damage, or expend a great deal of energy.

Vegeta Vs. Zarbon (1st time)
Zarbon Monster: 33,000

Vegeta is only marginally stronger than Zarbon in his first form, however Zarbon is quite a bit stronger than Vegeta after his transformation. He really roughs up Vegeta good.

Vegeta Vs. Zarbon (2nd time)
Vegeta: 35,000
Zarbon Monster: 33,000

After spending some time in the healing tube, Vegeta's power level goes up quite a bit, as do all Sayians when they come close to death.

Vegeta, Gohan & Kuririn Vs. Ginyu Force
Kuririn: "over 10,000"
Gohan: "over 10,000"
Gohan's Masenko: "above 20,000"
Vegeta: 20,000
Vegeta: "almost 30,000"
Gerudo: 10,000
Rikum: 40,000

Well, not much to explain here either. Gerudo is fried by Vegeta, and Rikum pounds Gohan, Vegeta and Kuririn.
The manga lists Vegeta as 20,000 while powering up to fight Rikum, when earlier his max level was 24,000. Either Vegeta is worn out here, or he just figures there is no way to beat Rikum. It also seems the series tried to make more sence of this this by giving him a level of "almost 30,000."

Goku Vs. Ginyu Force
Goku (Scouter): 5,000
Goku vs Jese and Burter: bursts of 60,000
Goku vs Ginyu: max power of 180,000
Jisu: 50,000
Burter: 45,000
Rikum: 40,000
Ginyu: 120,000

Not much explaining to do here. Goku kicks the Ginyu force's ass, and rightly so.

Goku in Ginyu's Body
Ginyu in Goku's Body: 23,000
Jisu: 50,000
Vegeta: 60,000
Kuririn: 16,500
Gohan: 17,000

Vegeta, again after coming close to death, sees quite a power increase and is now able to fry Jese and take on Ginyu in Goku's Body.

Nail Vs. Furiza
Nail: 42,000
Furiza (form 1): 530,000

Even though Nail is the strongest Namek fighter, he doesn't even put a scratch on Furiza.

Vegeta Vs. Furiza (1st Time)
Vegeta: 120,000
Furiza (form 1): 530,000
Furiza (form 2): 1,000,000

Now, I realize that this is a high jump for Vegeta, but its actualy makes sence. After a grasping hands with Furiza, Vegeta is sevearly winded. On the other hand, Furiza acts as if nothing happened.

Piccolo Vs. Furiza
Piccolo (merged with Nail): 800,000
Furiza (form 2): 1,000,000
Furiza (form 3): 2,500,000

Although Piccolo's level is lower than Furiza, he is an extremely intelligent and skilled fighter. Piccolo is able to read Furiza's attacks. This causes Furiza to become flustered about not being able to easily beat Piccolo like he should, forcing his transformation. Also, Furiza is only using a fraction of his full power, as he does when fighting Goku.

Vegeta Vs. Furiza (2nd Time)
Vegeta: 300,000
Furiza (form 4 - 33.33%): 4,000,000

At this point, Vegeta is a little off his rocker. He thinks that he is now a Super Saiya-jin. Although he may have had the potential for going Super Saiya-jin, he lacked a motivating factor. While Vegeta felt entitled to becoming a Super Saiya-jin, he did not experience any true anger as Goku did when Furiza killed Kuririn. Also, Furiza is only using a fraction of his full power, as he did when batteling Piccolo and non-Super Saiya-jin Goku.

Goku Vs. Furiza
Furiza (form 4 - 33.33%): 4,000,000
Furiza (form 4 - 50%): 6,000,000
Furiza (form 4 - 70%): 8,400,000
Furiza (form 4 - 100%): 12,000,000
Goku's Base Level: 300,000
Goku Kaioken x10: 3,000,000
Goku Kaioken x20: 6,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goku: 15,000,000

As you dubbies have no doubt heard "Furiza was using 1% of his power while fighting Goku." This is more evidence to prove my theory that English powerlevels mean crap.

I have tried many different ways to match up the different levels of Furiza and Goku's power. I hope he chart on the right helps this problem.

Furiza's Levels as he Fights Goku:
Furiza Goku
33% Kaioken x10
33% (short time), 50%, and 70% Kaioken x20
70% and 100% Super Saiya-jin Goku

Please note: Goku never fighs Furiza using his base level of 300,000. Also, the manga never says anything about going SSj causing one's powerlevel to multiply by 50. In fact, it is stated durring the battle with Android 19 that math cannot be used to calculate a SSj's powerlevel.

Trunks vs King Cold and Furiza Bot
King Cold: 13,000,000
Furiza Bot: 12,500,000
Trunks (Supressed): 5
Super Saiya-jin Trunks: 17,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goku: 20,000,000

Furiza probably experienced a slight powerlevel boost with some of the electronic parts that now make up his body.

Being his father, and being much older, King Cold is probably slightly stronger despite the fact that he appears to be in his second form. Also, Tenshinhan senses a ki "even greater than Furiza's" traveling alongside Furiza.

ALL LEVELS AFTER THIS POINT ARE A GUESS!
In the mangas, Japanese series, and Daizenshyus, Toriyama NEVER lists any levels after this point, as he felt they limited his ability to be flexable. If you go to another site claiming to have official levels after this point, they are more than likely mistaken.I can't really blame those who use the "Dragonball Guide Book" published in 1996, which doesn't match the series or manga.

Android Saga
Super Saiya-jin Goku (not sick): 25,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goku (sick): < 10,000,000 (drops as he gets sicker)
Super Saiya-jin Trunks: 20,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Vegeta: 27,000,000
Piccolo: 8,000,000
Gohan: 5,000,000
Android 16: 40,000,000
Android 17: 35,000,000
Android 18: 35,000,000
Android 19: 10,000,000
Android 20: 5,000,000
Piccolo (after merging with Kami): 40,000,000
Cell (after absorbing humans): 45,000,000
Cell (after absorbing Android 17): 65,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Vegeta (after room of spirit and time): 80,000,000
Ultra Super Saiya-jin Trunks: 130,000,000
Perfect Cell : 125,000,000

Cell Game
Piccolo: 55,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Vegeta: 100,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Trunks: 105,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Gohan: 130,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goku: 120,000,000
Super Saiya-jin 2 Gohan: 325,000,000
Perfect Cell : 125,000,000
Super Perfect Cell: 300,000,000

Buu Saga
Piccolo: 180,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Gohan: 275,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Vegeta: 340,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goku: 360,000,000
Chibi Trunks: 35,000,000
Goten: 30,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Chibi Trunks: 95,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Goten: 90,000,000
Android 18: 60,000,000
Kaioshin: 250,000,000
Kibit: 225,000,000
Yamoo: 10,000,000
Supopovitch: 10,000,000
Dabura: 275,000,000
Fat Buu: 380,000,000
Majin Vegeta: 360,000,000
Super Saiya-jin 3 Goku: 450,000,000
Majin Buu: 390,000,000
Gotenks: 250,000,000
Super Saiya-jin Gotenks: 300,000,000
Super Saiya-jin 3 Gotenks: 410,000,000
Majin Buu (w/ Super Saiya-jin 3 Gotenks & Piccolo): 500,000,000
Gohan's Zet sword: 360,000,000
Mystic Gohan: 450,000,000
Majin Buu (w/ Trunks, Goten & Piccolo): 400,000,000
Majin Buu (w/ Piccolo, Trunks, Goten & Gohan): 550,000,000
Vegetto: 600,000,000
Kid Buu: 500,000,000
Goku's Chaou Genkidama: 550,000,000

Note: There are no DBGT levels since there are no stated levels, official guide books, or any other reference points from which to base levels.
- This list is created and maintained by SkullMac.
- Thanks to Trunks for the Bardock and Trunks Special power levels.
Last edited by Herms on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.