Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:04 am

A PL list ignoring the numbers for BoZ (It seems popular , so I'll try)
The numbers used for AFTER nappa fight are the same as my canon numbers (in signature)

DB hunt
21st TB
RRA arc
Baba arc:
22nd TB
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:20 am

Nappa is 4000.
All your power levels contradict the official ones from Daizenshuus.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Nappa is 4000.
I already mentioned it "Ignoring official numbers list (It seems popular here, so i'll try)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:45 am

apex_pretador wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Nappa is 4000.
I already mentioned it "Ignoring official numbers list (It seems popular here, so i'll try)
Cool, didn't see that part.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:03 pm

What level would be appropriate for Tien during the 23rd Budokai?

He was able to give weighted Goku a good fight and appeared to be on a whole different level compared to the others. When going by the beginning of Z, he was read at 250, so he'd most likely have to be somewhere in the middle of that during the 23rd Budokai. The only thing we really know is that Tien's inferior to Goku, Piccolo, and Kami during the 23rd Budokai and early Z. Just wondering what the consensus is on his power.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:What level would be appropriate for Tien during the 23rd Budokai?

He was able to give weighted Goku a good fight and appeared to be on a whole different level compared to the others. When going by the beginning of Z, he was read at 250, so he'd most likely have to be somewhere in the middle of that during the 23rd Budokai. The only thing we really know is that Tien's inferior to Goku, Piccolo, and Kami during the 23rd Budokai and early Z. Just wondering what the consensus is on his power.
Going by the scouter numbers, I'd have him at 225.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:33 am

So where do guys put some filler characters like Paikuhan or anime versions of characters like Pure Boo compared to their manga counterparts ?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:19 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:What level would be appropriate for Tien during the 23rd Budokai?

240 is the maximum I can see him there.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 am

I have him at 225 , dead even with mr PoPo

Kami is 260-270 while piccolo-goku are in low 300s.

(Young daimao = 196 for reference)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:17 pm

I never got to reply to this post before the thread was locked, so I would like to reply here if that is okay.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Vegeta only reminded him with their ability to hide there battles power right after the line where Nappa shitted himself.
Vegeta didn't remind Nappa, he thought it to himself. And even if he did say it to Nappa, why would that mean Nappa didn't already expect 5,000 to not be Son Goku's max? He himself saw that the Z-fighters hide their power and had it explicitly said to him by Vegeta before. It's not something new to him.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:And there's nothing in the line i posted above that suggested that Vegeta is also scared of Goku.
His reaction was really not that different from Nappa's.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Heck,he even smiled when Goku arrived.
So did Nappa.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Analytic wrote:I never got to reply to this post before the thread was locked, so I would like to reply here if that is okay.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Vegeta only reminded him with their ability to hide there battles power right after the line where Nappa shitted himself.
Vegeta didn't remind Nappa, he thought it to himself. And even if he did say it to Nappa, why would that mean Nappa didn't already expect 5,000 to not be Son Goku's max? He himself saw that the Z-fighters hide their power and had it explicitly said to him by Vegeta before. It's not something new to him.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:And there's nothing in the line i posted above that suggested that Vegeta is also scared of Goku.
His reaction was really not that different from Nappa's.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Heck,he even smiled when Goku arrived.
So did Nappa.

Here's my explanation for the whole "Nappa can't be 4,000 for X reason" debacle. Nappa flat out doesn't believe Goku is 5,000 (or 8,000 for that matter) whereas Vegeta is skeptical, but isn't ruling out the possibility. Nappa, in denial, refuses to accept that Goku is stronger than him, and Vegeta is letting him fight Goku in order to gauge his strength. Maybe Vegeta hoped that Nappa might wear Goku out a bit before he fought him? I'm with Kaboom in that power gaps don't mean anything, other that saying fighter A is stronger than fighter B.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:Here's my explanation for the whole "Nappa can't be 4,000 for X reason" debacle. Nappa flat out doesn't believe Goku is 5,000 (or 8,000 for that matter) whereas Vegeta is skeptical, but isn't ruling out the possibility. Nappa, in denial, refuses to accept that Goku is stronger than him, and Vegeta is letting him fight Goku in order to gauge his strength. Maybe Vegeta hoped that Nappa might wear Goku out a bit before he fought him? I'm with Kaboom in that power gaps don't mean anything, other that saying fighter A is stronger than fighter B.
Just to clarify, I'm not claiming that Nappa can't be at 4,000, and I'm not claiming that power gaps are necessarily consistent or mean anything. I'm only offering a different view to the common argument of "Nappa was scared of 5,000 Goku so he has to be weaker!"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:06 pm

I just feel from the fight that nappa was closer to goku than piccolo
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Vegeta is the perfect tool to evaluate the situation. He knows Goku's at 8000 plus, he sees his movements while demolishing the angry Nappa, confirming the number isn't a mistake. He also knows the enemy can modify his battle power. What does he do next, he tells Nappa to calm down and to try again. Calm Nappa is even with Goku and almost surprises him. Only after Goku's fantastic Kamehameha defense does he decide Nappa not enough. While Goku admits Nappa's tough and that a victory would take forever.

Ignoring numbers, Nappa is close to Goku, the material makes it pretty clear.

Which number to give, there's no right or wrong answer. I have my view, 6800-7200, based on the patterns found in manga, while we had actual numbers and outcomes from those clashing numbers.
I just don't like when people defend the 4000 but fail to provide arguments. Just saying because it's "official" isn't an argument.

By the way, since we're talking about the Saiyan Arc.
Where do you guys have:

Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Kuririn
Yajirobe
Chiaotzu
Gohan(including Oozaru).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:45 pm

LightBing wrote:By the way, since we're talking about the Saiyan Arc.
Where do you guys have:

Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Kuririn
Yajirobe
Chiaotzu
Gohan(including Oozaru).
Piccolo - 1220 (suppressed)
- 3500 (full-power)
Tenshinhan - 1830
Yamcha - 1480
Kuririn - 1770
Yajirobe - 970
Chiaotzu - 610
Gohan - 1000
- 2800 (Masenko)
- 1250 (post-Zenkai)
- 5000 to 8000 (Oozaru, Vegeta messes him up pretty good before he transforms so his PL probably dropped a fair bit)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:51 pm

LightBing wrote:Vegeta is the perfect tool to evaluate the situation. He knows Goku's at 8000 plus, he sees his movements while demolishing the angry Nappa, confirming the number isn't a mistake. He also knows the enemy can modify his battle power. What does he do next, he tells Nappa to calm down and to try again. Calm Nappa is even with Goku and almost surprises him. Only after Goku's fantastic Kamehameha defense does he decide Nappa not enough. While Goku admits Nappa's tough and that a victory would take forever.

Ignoring numbers, Nappa is close to Goku, the material makes it pretty clear.

Which number to give, there's no right or wrong answer. I have my view, 6800-7200, based on the patterns found in manga, while we had actual numbers and outcomes from those clashing numbers.
I just don't like when people defend the 4000 but fail to provide arguments. Just saying because it's "official" isn't an argument.

By the way, since we're talking about the Saiyan Arc.
Where do you guys have:

Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Kuririn
Yajirobe
Chiaotzu
Gohan(including Oozaru).
If you want an actual argument for the 4,000 number, there is the fact that at the end of Goku's and Nappa's confrontation Goku was completely uninjured. Seeing how Nappa failed to hit Goku even once, even after calming down, their not gonna be terribly close. Heck, Gohan, Kuririn, and Piccolo were all able to score hits and deal visible damage to Nappa earlier in the Saiyan arc, and they weren't close to him at all. Sure is was superficial damage, but it was damage. That's better than what Nappa accomplished against Goku, aka nothing. As far as Vegeta letting Nappa fight Goku despite knowing Goku has a superior battle power, I write that off as Vegeta, who does not care about Nappa, using the fight to gauge Goku's strength and observe his fighting style, and possibly hoping that Goku tires himself out so he'll be less of a threat once Nappa falls.

As far as the other charatcers go, I take their official battle powers at face value, so...
- Piccolo - 3,500
- Tenshinhan - 1,830
- Yamcha - 1,480
- Kuririn - 1,770
- Yajirobe - 970
- Chaozu - 610
- Gohan - 1,400 (half of his super-charged Masenko)
--- Ozaru Gohan (injured) - between 6,000 and 9,000
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:04 pm

My take on Nappa is always the same: 0.7 times less than Piccolo, putting him at 5'000, with this figure dropping from damage taken, and increasing from getting calm. Perhaps 4'000 would be after Goku arrived, and 5'600 as he fought with him. Guess what: if Nappa hadn't been damaged, the same increase would result in 7'000. Is everyone happy? =P

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:02 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:If you want an actual argument for the 4,000 number, there is the fact that at the end of Goku's and Nappa's confrontation Goku was completely uninjured. Seeing how Nappa failed to hit Goku even once, even after calming down, their not gonna be terribly close.
Goku landed the same amount of hits on Nappa once he was calm. Both were fighting evenly and neither had the advantage. It certainly doesn't imply Goku is twice as strong as Nappa.
Heck, Gohan, Kuririn, and Piccolo were all able to score hits and deal visible damage to Nappa earlier in the Saiyan arc, and they weren't close to him at all.
Nappa was able to one-shot Piccolo (3,500) and Krillin (1,700) without much of an issue. Gohan's Masenko was also punched away without much difficulty. They were only able to give him trouble because he's shown to be a moron at times. If Piccolo was that high, he wouldn't have thought Nappa was so hopeless to fight against. Pretty much all of his quotes on Nappa seems to put him on an entirely different level than himself. Piccolo also said a focused Gohan is superior to himself, and this is demonstrated when Gohan knocks the crap outta Nappa with that pissed off kick.
Sure is was superficial damage, but it was damage.
Vegeta did a considerable amount of superficial damage to Reacoom, yet it was clear Reacoom was out of his league. Goku pin-balled Nappa around a good bit and he was more mad at the fact that Goku was embarrassing him than the damage.
That's better than what Nappa accomplished against Goku, aka nothing. As far as Vegeta letting Nappa fight Goku despite knowing Goku has a superior battle power, I write that off as Vegeta, who does not care about Nappa, using the fight to gauge Goku's strength and observe his fighting style, and possibly hoping that Goku tires himself out so he'll be less of a threat once Nappa falls.
Neither did anything. Goku stopped Nappa's most powerful attack and was annoyed that Nappa took no damage from the Kamehameha. Vegeta thought Goku was trash, so it's highly unlikely he cared if Goku was fresh or not. He told Nappa to stop because the fight would've took forever, not because Nappa was outmatched or anything. Goku needed the Kaio-Ken to beat Nappa. Without it, it's just an endless battle.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Here's something interesting: do you think that Freeza had time to get used to his first form, and unlock more of his power in that one? Suppose he was born with 1'200'000, which is 1% of his full power. He could have suppressed it to 200'000, so that he could use more of it in that shape and, as a consequence, with his true form. When he unlocks 2.65%, his power goes to the known figure of 530'000, and it gets added with each form:
- 530'000 - first form;
- 1'060'000 - second form;
- 1'590'000 - third form;
- 3'180'000 - true form (2.65%).

However, for him to be comfortably using 50%, it would mean that he went as far as to 10'000 in his first form, but only according to this theory, which helps debunk my curiosity.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 pm

LightBing wrote: By the way, since we're talking about the Saiyan Arc.
Where do you guys have:
Piccolo: 3,500
Tenshinhan: 1,830
Yamcha: 1,480
Kuririn: 1,770
Yajirobe: 970
Chiaotzu: 610
Gohan: 981
-- Enraged [vs Nappa|Vegeta]: 2,800
-- Oozaru: 3,000