Fanmanga - another DBAF

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - another DBAF

Post by StarRot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Xevious wrote:I cleaned the pages - using level tool, rotating tool, etc.. - for a better result, althought the scans were pretty much perfect already:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3EGR895X
Thank's for cleaning them up, I would have done it myself, but my copy of photoshop isn’t on this computer.
Scarz wrote:I hate Palace, she's such an idiot, I just want her to disappear forever like Krillin's first girlfriend.
I’m not too fond of Palace either, I really hate the whole cutesy ditz thing that’s prevalent in so many anime and manga.
Herms wrote:Freeza and co. come from Planet Winter, and immediately after birth members of their race freeze themselves in ice. They then enter a thawing period, and the longer this period lasts, the stronger the warrior born will be. Freeza's thawing period lasted 5 years, Cold's was 6 years, and Ize's was...over 50 years.
That’s a neat concept; I love the idea of them incubating.
Last edited by StarRot on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Thank´s by the scans StarRot, you are very fast with it again, waiting for the translation.
Do you got an answer about the release for the volume 3?

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Hey, Tomac.
No, I haven't had the chance to ask about that, as my proxy has been very busy. Sorry!
However, here is the artists email(s), in case you'd like to contact them:

Provided in volume 1: sp667ek9@royal.ocn.ne.jp
From volume 2 (this is probably their current e-mail address): hi-chan.a-chan1224@ezweb.ne.jp

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi, i send a message, i´ll tell you if he answers.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

awesome....now just wait for the translate :D

p.s. what kind of tools or progams do i use to translate the manga into English?

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 pm

http://blog.livedoor.jp/youngjijii/arch ... 52258.html

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone know what this says?

Side note: My referrals on flickr have been going nuts. I guess people really, really like this doujin.

Menkyon DBAF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Menkyon DBAF » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 pm

I like this doujin.
I'm new here Menkyon Project DBAF!

DBAF Manga against Ize is getting famous in Brazil since March 2011!!
Last edited by Menkyon DBAF on Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [ Rafaell "Menkyon" ] ::
:: My [ Deviantart ] - My [ dbPROJECT-PT ] ::

Vegeta_Shine360

Post by Vegeta_Shine360 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 am

is the translation for volume 2 complete yet, reading French is annoying even for me who is half-French lol

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:00 am

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:35 pm

StarRot wrote:
Herms wrote:Freeza and co. come from Planet Winter, and immediately after birth members of their race freeze themselves in ice. They then enter a thawing period, and the longer this period lasts, the stronger the warrior born will be. Freeza's thawing period lasted 5 years, Cold's was 6 years, and Ize's was...over 50 years.
That’s a neat concept; I love the idea of them incubating.
So do I. I mean I cant really imagine anyone from Freeza's family or entire race for that matter doing any sort of training.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm

I could make scanlations of these doujinshi, and host them on my site (comparable to these Dragon Ball Zero scanlations).
But only if both StarRot and Herms allow me to use their scans/translation, of course!
And if nobody else is currently working on it.
Well, please let me know, and I'll start editing ASAP.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:28 am

I don't mind you using my scans. =)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:30 am

I had a similar idea, and was planning on using it for my fan project, but now I feel like I'm ripping off the idea. lol I didn't have them freezing in ice or anything, but similar to reptiles, I had them laying egg crystal things. They would have a long incubation period for their birth to allow the hardening of their natural armor. Then they are born and allowed to live till childhood as they are, but as a right of passage into maturity, they enter a chrysalis/hibernation period for power. Normally, their race can only reach certain levels of power no matter how long they remain in the state, but Freeza and his family are special. Since they were said to have mutations that allow them to reach unnatural amounts of power, so the longer they hibernate, the more power they gain with no limit except how long they can tolerate the state.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 pm

I thought some of you might be interested – Young JiJi is selling some of their original art, mainly of Dragonball girls and some other characters. Some good stuff in there, nice pinups. I’d buy them myself, but I’m limiting my spending at the moment.

(I’m going on a semi-hiatus from the ‘net, but I’ll still be keeping an eye out for volume 3 and any other future volumes, assuming volume 3 isn’t the last one.)

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:54 pm

StarRot wrote:I thought some of you might be interested – Young JiJi is selling some of their original art, mainly of Dragonball girls and some other characters. Some good stuff in there, nice pinups. I’d buy them myself, but I’m limiting my spending at the moment.
*Whistles* Those are some nice pin-ups. Lots of panty shots and boobage. I like it! Unfortunately I'm also watching my spending limit so I won't be buying them.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Scarz wrote:
StarRot wrote:I thought some of you might be interested – Young JiJi is selling some of their original art, mainly of Dragonball girls and some other characters. Some good stuff in there, nice pinups. I’d buy them myself, but I’m limiting my spending at the moment.
*Whistles* Those are some nice pin-ups. Lots of panty shots and boobage. I like it! Unfortunately I'm also watching my spending limit so I won't be buying them.
There's pretty good, but I'm not a big fan of fan-art amping up the "boobage" of characters.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

ssjkarolia

Post by ssjkarolia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 am

translation of volume 1

How long ? :)

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:01 am

http://blog.livedoor.jp/youngjijii/arch ... 57997.html

It looks like volume 3 is being finalised.
I like this cover.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:45 am

Not a fan of the glaring red background but the illustration for the cover looks nice.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Alright, sorry this took so long, but here's the translation for chapter 1. I probably should have explained this before, but [r] and [l] indicate breaks between right and left panels in a character's speech within a single panel. Likewise, [t] and indicate top and bottom balloons. I don't bother to specify exactly what panels things are said in and just list lines in order, so when you see the same character with multiple lines in a row that just means they're giving a speech over a number of panels. Hopefully things are clear enough this way. I don't translate background sound effects, out of laziness more so than anything else, but I did transliterate any sound effects inside balloons just so that those aren't mistaken for speech. These are marked SF or sometimes as whatever is making the sound. For this AF manga I've tried leaving Japanese honorifics out of the translation, but I could put them in if people want.

Page 2

Preface
Hello, I’m Young Jijii.
Before you read the main story, I’ll explain about what “AF” is.

AF is a contraction of “AFTER”, ands means “after the future”.

AF is a doujinshi that was apparently printed overseas. It has absolutely no connection to the DB which Toriyama drew. Some fans overseas just made it on their own. It features stuff like dream fusions and totally crazy transformations. It seems that there is an original work that’s apparently behind these rumors, but I’m not sure of the details.

Please consider the AF that I’ve drawn as being completely separate from that overseas AF. I just drew an episode following DBGT, drawing it the way I wanted. In order to realistically recreate the Dragon World, I’ve made a new story but taken scenes and characters that resemble the original.

For me, DragonBall is my whole life, so I’m very happy to have been able to put out this book. There will probably be many DB fans that won’t much care for the Dragon World that I’ve thought up, but I hope you all enjoy it at least a little bit. Please enjoy it until the end.

This is a doujinshi. / Young Jijii

Page 3

Narrator: Planet Freeza No.79…
Machine: PIPIPIH PI---IH
Doctor guy: Wha!
DG: [r] This signal!!! [l] …Can it be!?
DG: [r] This is an urgent message to all troops!!! [l] Lord “Ize” is about to be born!!!

Page 4

DG (over intercom): [r] I repeat!! Lord Ize is being born!! [l] Any troops nearby, hurry to meet him!!
Door: Uii--in

Page 5

Dog: [r] Congratulations on your birth, Lord Ize. [l] You’ve done a fine job thawing out for all these long years.
Ize: [r] Ize? [l] Is that my name?
Dog: Ye-yes sir. Your late father Lord Freeza gave it to you.
Ize: [r] gochih, gochih [sound of neck cracking] [l] …I see.
Dog: [r] Not to rush you Lord Ize, but is there anything you need? [l] If there’s something you want, you need only ask.
Ize: …Alright.
Ize: I want to fight a strong opponent!!
Dog: A strong…opponent?
Ize: [r] I want to let loose the power I’ve preserved over these long years of thawing. [l] I can’t stand just idling around.

Page 6

Dog: Understood. Well then, I’ll take you to a planet with strong warriors right away.
Ize: Uh-huh.
Ize: Oh! And bring be a cold drink too.
Dog: Ye-yes sir! I’ll have one right out.
Narrator: The entire universe was about to face a danger the likes of which it had never seen before.

Page 7
Chapter 1: After the Future

Page 8
Narrator: Up until now, Goku and the others have fought countless mighty opponents, and continued to grow and develop in the process.
Narrator: They then finally defeated their strongest enemy, Yi Xing Long, after a long and grueling battle.

Page 9
Narrator: 3 years have passed since that fierce fight.
Pan: Well, I’m off.
Gohan: Watch out for airplanes.
Pan [same panel]: Ri—ight.
Narrator: Pan is now 16 years old. She’s currently attending a high school in West City.
Pan: [r] There’s the city! [l] I’d better start descending.

Page 10
Feet: Toh
Pilaf and co.: [r] Hey!!! Don’t come any closer!!! [l] Do it, and I’ll kill her!!!

Page 11
Pilaf: Damn it all, why do we have to do this?...
Mai: We’ve got no choice, Lord Pilaf. We’ve failed so many times now that we don’t even have enough money left to live on.
Shu: Man…we really are the worst.
Pan: [r] Hey, hold it you guys! Put down your weapons and surrender peacefully!! [l] If you resist, then you’ll have to take me on!!
Guy: It’s Pan!! Everything will be alright!!
Lady: Hang in there, Pan!!
Pilaf: [r] Wh…who the hell are you?!! [l] If you interfere, then we won’t hesitate to kill this girl!!
Pan: Looks like you really want to get hurt.

Page 12
Nothing!

Page 13
Mai: Wh-why you little!!!
SF: [t] Shah sha
Girl: Maa—aama!
SF: [r] toh [l] Zun
SF: Kih
Shu: Hih!!!

Page 14
Shu: I su—urrender.
Pan: You should have just done that from the start.
Policeman: Thanks for always helping us out.
Pan: I’ll leave the rest to you.
Pan: I’ll be late if I don’t hurry up.
Police: Great job. Take care now.
Narrator: West School

Page 15
SF: Sara-sarah
Friend: You’re always so good at everything you do, Pan.
Pan: Huh…What’s this all of a sudden?
Friend: Seems like you should be more popular than you are.
Pan: Geez, leave me alone.
Friend: Well, your grandpa is the strongest man in the world after all.
Pan: There’s probably a ton of people stronger than grandpa (Grandpa Satan, that is).
Guy: Speaking of Satan, is it true that he’s recently decided on a successor?
Pan: …Yeah.

Page 16
Pan: It’s Papayaman
Friend: Huh!?
Friend: I heard it was some unknown person called “Oob”.
Pan: Yeah, that’s Papayaman.
Friend: Wha----ah!!! You’re kidding!!!
Teacher: [r] Hey, cut it out. [l] Can’t you be a little more quite?
Friend: [r] Sorry. [l] I’ll be more careful.
Pan: Oob’s taken on some pretty tiresome responsibilities.

Page 17
Announcer: Let’s begin the finals of the Tenkaichi Budoukai Adult Division!
Announcer: Contestant Papayaman was champion of the last tournament, and is well known as the city’s defender of justice.
Announcer: His opponent Captain Beef is competing in the tournament today for the first time.
Announcer: Now then, start the final round.

Page 18
Beef: OOOOO---OH!!!
Oob: smirk

Page 19
Beef: Kah…kaka…kah!!!

Page 20
Announcer: Contestant Captain Beef looks incapable of fighting any further, so Contestant Papayaman is the champion!
Announcer: Alright everyone!!!
Satan: UOOOOO---OH!!!
Crowd: It’s Sataa—aan!!
Crow: Saa—aataa—aan!!
Crowd: Saa—aataa—aan
The aforementioned Satan: This may be sudden, but I’m borrowing the stage for a bit…to tell everyone some sad news.
Satan: I’m retiring as a martial artist

Page 21
Satan: Oob, will you take off your mask?
Oob: Oh! Yes sir!
Announcer: Wow, Contestant Papayaman has removed his mask.
Satan: I’m nominating Papaya…er, I mean Oob here to be my successor.
Satan: [r] You all saw Oob’s power just now. [l] I’ve drilled all my martial arts into him. Knowing him, he’ll definitely be able to protect everyone from now on.
Satan: [r] I’m truly grateful to have reached this point in my life. [l] Thank you all for supporting me for so long.

Page 22
Crowd A: You’ve done a great job!!!
Crowd B: Thank you so much! We’re in your debt!
Satan: Aww…you guys…
Crowd C: You’re a hero, Satan! Thanks for everything!
Oob: Mister Satan, thank you for all you’ve done.
Satan: …Oob
Oob: [r] Everyone, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Oob. [l] I’ll do my best to become as magnificent a martial artist as Mister Satan.
Announcer: And with that, the Tenkaichi Budoukai is concluded. Everyone please have a safe journey home.

Page 23
Ize: Weak!!!
Ize: Weak!!!
Ize: Far too weak!!!

Page 24
Ize: [r] I won’t be able to let out any of my power like this!!! [l] Every stinking one of them just dies when I barely tap them.
Ize: I can’t put up with this much longer!!!!
Mook: Please calm yourself, Lord Ize!!!
Mook: [r] Come to think of it, there’s that Saiyan who defeated Lord Freeza. I think his name was “Son Goku”. [l] He ought to provide a little resistance.
Ize: Son Goku?
Ize: So…the man who defeated papa?...

Page 25
Ize: Sounds interesting. What planet is he on?
Mook: Uh…Please wait a little while. I’ll look into it.
Mook: Um…It’s a planet called “Earth”, located far off in the frontier.
SF: [t] Kachah, kachah Pipi
Ize: “Earth”?
Ize: Well then, we’ll head to this “Earth” right away!
Mook: Yes sir. Understood.
Ize: Wait for me, Son Goku!

Page 26
Narrator: Vegeta had continued his training, reaching the point where he could become a Super Saiyan 3.
Vegeta: HAA---AH!!!

Page 27
Vegeta: HAH!!!
Vegeta: Fuu—uh…

Page 28
Vegeta (thinking): I’ve gotten pretty used to being a Super Saiyan 3.
Vegeta (thinking): However…It seems that I can’t become a Super Saiyan 4 no matter how I continue to train.
Vegeta (thinking): Apparently you do need a tail to become Super Saiyan 4 after all…
Vegeta: Cheh!! Do I really have to keep relying on this thing?!!
Vegeta (thinking): [r] I’ll become even stronger. [l] Kakarot’s definitely thinking so too.

Page 29
SF: Koto
Bulma: [r] Really now…I wish he’d cut that out. [l] How long do Saiyans have to fight before they’re finally satisfied? Vegeta’s almost 60 now.
Chi-Chi: He’ll be like that ‘till the day he dies!
SF: Zuzu..
Chi-Chi: Goku’s out trainin’ somewhere too, and we don’t hear from him one bit.
Bulma: So Son still hasn’t come home?
Chi-Chi: I’ve already given up on him.
Bulma/Chi-Chi: Haa~ah…

Page 30
Bra: Ah…
Bra: Papa, are you training again?
Vegeta: Ye…yeah.
SF: kun-kun
Bra: Papa, you stink!!!

Page 31
Goten: Haa~aah…
SF: Ki---in
SF: Tah
Goten: Ah! Hey Trunks!
Evil Trunks: [r] What do you mean “Trunks”?! I’m company president! Your boss! [l] Anyway, what are you doing here?
Goten: Oh…I’m just taking a little break.
Trunks: Geez, you never change…

Page 32
Trunks: [r] Don’t forget it’s thanks to me that you managed to get married! [l] If you don’t take your job seriously, I’ll have you fired! Fired!
Narrator: Goten had been told that Palace’s father would only approve her marrying someone who worked for a major corporation…
Narrator: So he had Trunks pull a few strings to get him a job at Capsule Corporation.
Goten: [r] It’s just the same thing every day…[l] I just don’t feel motivated, you know?...
Trunks: What’s going to happen if you don’t give it your all, for Palace’s sake too?
Goten: …Ye~ah.
SF: Pirororo, Pirororo
Goten: Ah! Palace! …Yeah…I love you too~

Page 33
Goten: Huh!
Goten: You’re pregnant----!!
Goten: Really? And it’s really mine?
Palace (over phone): Yep
Goten: Wahoo! Yippy!
Trunks: OK then! You can go home early today.
Goten: Tru…Uh, I mean boss! I’ll do the best job I can!
Goten: We—ell then, I get to finish up early!
Trunks: Good grief! What I simpleton.

Page 34
Gohan: OK, there we go!
Gohan: Alright! Now I’ve got all my references material in one place.
Gohan: Wh…what ki is this?!!
Gohan: Something is heading for Earth!!

Page 35
Vegeta: Who the hell is this?!!!
Trunks: Goten!! You notice that?
Goten: Yeah! It’s an incredible ki!
Pan: Huh? What’s this outrageous ki?
Oob: Something’s approaching!

Page 36
Ize: So that’s Earth, huh?

Page 37
Ize: Alright then! Let’s see if you can keep me amused, Son Goku!
Gohan: Who could this be?
Gohan: I’ve got a nasty premonition.

Page 38
Mook (over intercom): [r] Lord Ize [l] We’ve arrived at Earth.
Vegeta: They should be coming down around here…
Trunks: Ah!
Pan: Here we go!
Trunks: Pan!

Page 39
Trunks: Pan, what did you come here for?
Pan: I sensed an incredible ki, so I figured I’d come!
Trunks: It could be someone really dangerous. You’d better go home!
Pan: No way!
Pan: I’m a Saiyan child just like you. I’ll fight too!
Trunks: Oob!
SF: Suta
Oob: It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you all.
Gohan: Ah!
Gohan: Everyone’s all here!

Page 40
Gohan: Hey everyone!
Pan: Papa!
Trunks: Gohan!
Vegeta: They’re here!!

Page 41
Nothing!

Page 42
Somebody: It landed over there!
Gohan: [r] Haven’t I seen that somewhere before…[l] That’s it! That looks just like Freeza’s spaceship!
Goten: So it’s Freeza?
Vegeta: No! This guy’s ki is vastly larger. It’s someone else!
Vegeta: At any rate, let’s go! There’s no point in standing here just mulling things over!
Ize: So this is Earth?...Not bad.

Page 43
Ize: Let’s go find Son Goku at once. Where is he?
Mook: Right! I’m looking into it now.
SF: Pipipi…
Other Mook: [r] There are 6 large battle powers…[l] They’re close by.
Ize: What!?
SF: Zah

Page 44
Ize: Who are you people?
Vegeta: That’s my line! Just who the hell are you?!
Totally Not Appule: [r] Why…you’re that traitor Vegeta, aren’t you? [l] Why are you here?
Vegeta: Looks like you guys are Freeza’s underlings. But what are you doing here now?
Totally Not Appule: Watch your tongue! This gentleman over here is Lord Freeza’s son, Lord Ize.
Gohan: Freeza’s son!
Vegeta: What business does Freeza’s son have on Earth?
Ize: I’ve come to kill this man named “Son Goku”, the one who killed my father!
Vegeta: So you’ve come for revenge? Don’t make me laugh! You’re all nothing but a bunch of Freeza’s goons.

Page 45
Ize: You misunderstand me! I merely want to fight strong opponents! I have no interest in revenge.
Vegeta: In that case, I’ll take you on.
Ize: Are you strong?
Vegeta: Of course! I’m greater than Kakarot!
Ize: Interesting! Well then, will you kindly show me your power?
Vegeta: You’re gonna regret this!
SF: Nih
Vegeta: Don’t you guys interfere! I’ll do this alone.
Gohan: Vegeta!
Trunks: Dad…

Page 46
Vegeta: HAAAAH!!!
Vegeta: OOOOH…!!!
Gohan: Vegeta’s become a Super Saiyan 3!
Oob: Incredible!
Vegeta: You ready?
Ize: Whenever you wish.

Page 47
Vegeta: HAA---AH!!!

Page 48
Vegeta: OO…
SF: Nih

Page 49
Nothing!

Page 50
Ize: [r] Splendid! You’re the greatest yet! [l] I’ve never faced such a worthy opponent before.
Vegeta (thinking): [r] What the? His power is far greater than Freeza’s! There’s no comparison! [l] …This can’t be…
Piccolo (telepathically): Gohan! Can you hear me?!
Gohan: This voice! Is that you, Piccolo?
Piccolo: That’s right! It’s been a long time!
Piccolo (telepathy): I’m speaking directly to your mind from the afterlife.
Gohan: My mind…
Piccolo (telepathy): Freeza has informed me of something terrible.
Gohan: Something terrible?

Page 51
Piccolo: Freeza and his family come from Planet Winter. Immediately after being born, people there cover themselves in ice and enter a thawing period.
Piccolo: The longer this thawing period lasts, the stronger the warrior born will be.
Piccolo: [r] It seems that in Freeza’s case, this thawing period lasted for 5 years, while for King Cold it lasted 6. [l] And so, Ize’s thawing period…
Piccolo: Was over 50 years long!!
Ize: Well then! How about you entertain me a little more?!!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.