Dragon Ball Super: Ultra Instinct Cut [COMPLETE!!!] + Z Kai: Ultimate International Edition!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Super: Ultra Instinct Cut [COMPLETE!!!] + Z Kai: Ultimate International Edition!

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:55 am

Offical Videos/Links

Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb

Mega Project Folder: https://mega.nz/#F!KCh0iICQ!Oopbf7lOGpnIKyI5UGDdyg

Ultra Instinct Cut YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJFz4i ... Xn2OlnmlLQ

Ultimate International YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq6AAU ... a1yxLk7D1g

Special Thanks
Last edited by saiyanprimalforce on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:13 am, edited 124 times in total.
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Re: Dragonball Z Kai: Music Revival Selection Fan Project

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:50 am

I saw this on Youtube a while back but that's a good job you've done so far. I haven't downloaded it but are you keeping it 5.1 or downscaling to 2.0?

After watching the first disc of Part 5, I was pretty disappointed by the new Kikuchi arrangement also and just couldn't continue, so I reinserted the Yamamoto score myself too. Thankfully the centre channel with the voices also contains the SFX so it made it possible. Right now I'm just waiting till I get Part 6.
Last edited by BluezaBladeNZ on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 am

Wow, I was already putting Faulconer in Kai too :O I'm on episode 59 now.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 am

I greatly support your Kikuchi project :)

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Episode 55 Update!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_r3pDmago

I must give credict+thanks to both coycoy18 and kei17 for their respective unreleased Faulconer and Kikuchi rips. Coycoy18's Freeza's Theme complication in particular was a big boon on the Faulconer side of things for me. I really think episode 55 turned out well for all three BGM's. Then again, 55 is a pretty good episode by itself.
SRB2Unleashed wrote:Wow, I was already putting Faulconer in Kai too :O I'm on episode 59 now.
Really? How are you going about placing the music, continuous, or actually placed pieces? I wouldn't mind seeing a few clips.
sangofe wrote:I greatly support your Kikuchi project :)
Very glad to see the interest. To me, Yamamoto and Kikuchi are on equal ground as far as the quality of their BGM"s, while Faulconer is more a guilty pleasure kind of thing(not that Faulconer doesn't have some great tracks, but the continuous nature of its original scoring really downgrades it in comparison to the other two(which is a reason why I'm trying to place it myself). But I just wish there was a lot more of Kikuchi's music mixed in Stero. :(
BluezaBladeNZ wrote:I saw this on Youtube a while back but that's a good job you've done so far. I haven't downloaded it but are you keeping it 5.1 or downscaling to 2.0?
Down scaling to stero. I originally kept the silent parts in 5.1 in my prototypes versions, but I quickly realized it really doesn't work considering your putting in a mono center channel track with stero mp3's. It doesn't really jive well with the 5.1 audio, so yeah, there stero mixes, but that's really for the best.

I haven't watched a lick of any of the Part 6 episodes, so I'm very much excited to see Dameon Clarke back as Cell. It'll definitely be some time before I get to mixing any of those--haha. But really, considering the gap inbetween releases, I think the once a week release schedule works out fine. Otherwise, I might just go literally insane trying to do this. Btw, I wouldn't mind seeing some of your personal Kai score as well--like those instances where you have to fill in a unreleased track gap(like say, the electronic-less Creature of Marvel track). I plan on making a video comparison inbetween the next couple of releases of a few timing/editing differences between my version and the original airings.
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm incredibly curious to see a version that treats the Faulconer score legitimately. I'll be watching this with great interest. Will your audio tracks be released to match the DVD timecodes? Episode by episode is fine and all for experiment's sake, but once people actually want to apply these to their copies it's far easier to match it with the video track. I hope I made sense.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

bkev wrote:I'm incredibly curious to see a version that treats the Faulconer score legitimately. I'll be watching this with great interest. Will your audio tracks be released to match the DVD timecodes? Episode by episode is fine and all for experiment's sake, but once people actually want to apply these to their copies it's far easier to match it with the video track. I hope I made sense.
My audio mixes are made to the blu ray timecodes, which are 23.927 frames or whatever. They synch perfectly to the blu ray footage I ripped. . .but I hadn't actually thought of their being a difference in the blu-ray/dvd timecodes. Is it different? I can't remember if the dragonboxes are either 24 fps, or 30 though. Thanks for bringing this up. I think there is a way that I can convert the mixes to 30 fps. I may have to make two separate releases.

And yea, I'm very much trying to score Faulconer with serious intent. I'd say so far it's actually turned out well--though I really didn't know at first, and questioned whether it's possible. What's interesting about scoring Faulconer is I can't really replicate what is done because of just how much cuts and edits and different pieces are used in an alarmingly quick span. But, like the other two, I watch the episodes and consider what Faulconer or the Original Z music placer were trying to achieve, and go from there. Faulconer is definitely the one where I have most free reign though, which is really fun(if at times VERY frustrating)

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 am

saiyanprimalforce wrote:
bkev wrote:I'm incredibly curious to see a version that treats the Faulconer score legitimately. I'll be watching this with great interest. Will your audio tracks be released to match the DVD timecodes? Episode by episode is fine and all for experiment's sake, but once people actually want to apply these to their copies it's far easier to match it with the video track. I hope I made sense.
My audio mixes are made to the blu ray timecodes, which are 23.927 frames or whatever. They synch perfectly to the blu ray footage I ripped. . .but I hadn't actually thought of their being a difference in the blu-ray/dvd timecodes. Is it different? I can't remember if the dragonboxes are either 24 fps, or 30 though. Thanks for bringing this up. I think there is a way that I can convert the mixes to 30 fps. I may have to make two separate releases.

And yea, I'm very much trying to score Faulconer with serious intent. I'd say so far it's actually turned out well--though I really didn't know at first, and questioned whether it's possible. What's interesting about scoring Faulconer is I can't really replicate what is done because of just how much cuts and edits and different pieces are used in an alarmingly quick span. But, like the other two, I watch the episodes and consider what Faulconer or the Original Z music placer were trying to achieve, and go from there. Faulconer is definitely the one where I have most free reign though, which is really fun(if at times VERY frustrating)
Will each of your scored episodes be a mix of the 3 different scores, or will you, let's say, have episodes where you have only the kikuchi score?

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:25 pm

sangofe wrote:
saiyanprimalforce wrote:

Will each of your scored episodes be a mix of the 3 different scores, or will you, let's say, have episodes where you have only the kikuchi score?

???? Maybe the way I spliced the epsiode 55 trailer makes it seem like all 3 BGM's' are mixed in, but no, those clips all come from three seperate audio tracks--Yamamoto, Kikuchi, and Faulconer, respectively. Don't know if anyone else was thinking all three were mixed in or whatnot, but each score has it's own audio track. The trailers are just highlighting the *peak* moments of each.

And to bkev, the issue of converting to dvd fps is easily solved, so I'll be making two audio sets available starting with 56(and backtracking to convert the others) I assume the dvd frame rate is 29.7**, correct? It's real simple to convert using the same program I use to separate the 5.1 audio. I tested it by making a crappy mpeg2 of episode 54 at 30fps, then placed the converted audio over it, and it synced up seamlessly. So again, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Completely hadn't thought about that.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Oh that's perfect :)

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I noticed that you used Creature of Marvel, instead of the Creature of Marvel Slow Version. Kei17 posted a rip of the Slow Version and it is really, really good, you should download it and start using it.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 am

MetalMadness wrote:I noticed that you used Creature of Marvel, instead of the Creature of Marvel Slow Version. Kei17 posted a rip of the Slow Version and it is really, really good, you should download it and start using it.
Did he? I must have missed it. I really, really wanted that theme. If you could be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I will happily download it. I've been subbing the slow version with the Electronic one--and besides a couple of scenes, like at the beginning of episode 57, I used Rebirth of Shenlong(edited in a couple spots) to replace it(and actually works really well), and then when Gero re-activates 17 and 18, I used A Moment of Shuddering instead since Creature of Marvel is used when 17 crushes the remote. But I don't think the electronic version would work well in that spot anyways. But yeah, was hoping someone would have ripped it.

I've come across so far only one other unreleased piece, a piano-esque theme that plays after Vegeta explodes the gravitron in episode 58. I subbed Tsurai Sentaku(the theme at the start of episode 39 I think where Freeza spiked Kuririn with his horn), and that played out well too. Has Kei17 ripped any other unreleased Kai tracks. . .if there are any past the official cutoff of the Japanese Kai releases?

But having said that, I do think Creature of Marvel went extremely well with Freeza's return. Makes sense as well, since more than half of him is electronic at that point, :lol:

Thanks for mentioning this.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 am

Here's the Creature of Marvel Slow Version kei17 posted: http://www.4shared.com/audio/cf0LEOT9/bottom.html? back on this thread: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... 12&t=17618

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:37 am

Hey, when you score the Kikuchi score, do you compare the Z episodes and try to put in similar music in the scenes? I know it might be a bit hard sometimes, given how Kai is cut, but it should be possible. ;^^

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks MetalMadness and BluezaBladeNZ of informing+linking me to Kei17's rip of the slower version of Creature of Marvel, but I don't think I can use that. It has too much noise artifacts going on in the background and stuff at times. Which some of coycoy's tracks also suffer from the same problem(understandably, of course) But very much appreciated for the thought.

sangofe wrote:Hey, when you score the Kikuchi score, do you compare the Z episodes and try to put in similar music in the scenes? I know it might be a bit hard sometimes, given how Kai is cut, but it should be possible. ;^^
Yes, that's pretty much what I do, unless I don't have the piece, or I don't really like what is in the show. In those cases, I try to match the mood the music was going for/trying to set. To give a quick example, in the episode 55 trailer, I used the same piece that plays when Freeza and King Cold arrive on Earth, but in the show, it quits on that last panning shot of the Z Warriors looking on in desperation, while I let it play out all the way to the ship's landing. Those are mostly the type of executive decisions I make as far as Kikuchi. Out of all 3 tracks, his should have the most silence, so I try not to overdo it or anything. .although, depending on the how many Z episodes fit into Kai, it may seem like there's more music than the standard Kikuchi episode, but that's obviously warranted by the scene or action. So it works out either way.

On a different note, Episode 56 may have a bit of a delay. I've been spending a little too much time working on this, but the reason was to "set up shop" more or less to relegate working on this mostly on the weekends. I'm actually on episode 59-60(abit here and there) as far as scoring. Episode 56 is technically done, but I need to tinker with the score a bit more here and there as far as time edits, and add that to the fact I have I've discovered working with a Linear PCM version of the slient parts works SO MUCH BETTER than a stero ac3 file as far as not having any annoying popping sounds crop up(as few as there were, this was starting annoying me). So, I have to resplice the audio again as far as that's concerned, but not really too much a big deal. Though, since I know that now, I plan on upgrading my past episodes audio's this way(Since 54 and especially 53, had a couple real nasty spots as far as popping goes)--over time. And starting with 56, making a blu ray audio download and a converted dvd audio fps as well. I think that covers all the bases--lol.

What stinks is that my megaupload statistics froze like two weeks ago, so I have no idea how many people are actually downloading the links. Oh well. . .

Also, I uploaded a couple prototypes on a different account(I'll delete these eventually) some of you may be interested in. The first one is my very first prototype as far as trying out both the Kikuchi/Faulconer score on Episode 61--Vegeta's Super Saiyan Transformation. Kikuchi's score went well. . .Faulconer's was rather incomplete, but I'm much more comfortable working with his music now, so I'm a bit eager to take another stab at 61.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMyE0P8R ... re=related

The next one is something I whipped up last week. I don't really like how the Faulconer version of the 18 Vegeta fight was scored, and wanted to do something special for that audio track. . .and since Faulconer actually made two android 18 songs. . .I figure why not try to treat them as insert songs? Anyways, this was what resulted from that experiment, and I'd say I think it turned out really well. The stuff after the Vegeta arm break IS NOT how I plan to score that--that was just a bit of a fun mistake, as that was the stuff I cut out the song I didn't use, putting it over on the side of the timeline, and yet ironically, rather sinks up weirdly to the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_UFqu1I ... re=related

And one more thing, sangofe is interested in a isolated Kikuchi track for the french dub of Kai. I was wondering if anyone else of international citizenship was interested in a set of isolated score tracks as well? Just putting that out there.

I suppose that's all I got to say for now. . .so until next time.

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 am

I basically do the same thing as you do, for a while now actually, since the first Kai release haha. What tools do you use?

I personally use Vegas Pro.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:59 am

MetalMadness wrote:I basically do the same thing as you do, for a while now actually, since the first Kai release haha. What tools do you use?

Have you been scoring Kai with the Kikuchi tracks, and are they isolated?

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:46 am

saiyanprimalforce wrote:**Note: I had a much longer introduction typed up, but I accidently forgot I was logged out when I clicked submit, so sorry for a brevity guys, but I'm really, REALLY tired :( **

Well, since this is my first post, I might as well introduce myself first.

Simply put, I'm a pretty big dbz fan. Been around since the old school days of the original Toonami Ocean Dub Run, and the golden age of dbz internet fansites such as Planet Namek, Vegeta's Insane/Ginga Giri Giri, DBZ Uncensored, Greg's Ultimate DBZ Information, and of course, Daizex. I've lurked on these forums for quite a few years, and as mentioned, the dbz online community, but I've never really felt the need to post or participate I suppose, since I never really felt I had anything to contribute to fandom. . .until now. To make a long story short, most of my dbz fandom has been the subbed, Original Japanese version, before Kai and Funimation's excellent dub came along and blew my socks off. Then Toei has to fuck it up by removing Kenji Yamamoto's wonderful music and replace that with what I like to affectionately call the Kikuchi *Shit* mix. I think you all know what I'm talking about there. Anyways, I had pretty much lost all interest in Kai--that is--until I realized the Center audio channel in the 5.1 mix is actually pretty damn good unlike Z's barren 5.1 center audio channel. With a little ingenuity and elbow grease, I've decided to make dbz kai fun again(For me first and foremost :D )

So, you already know the name of my project from the title of the thread, but what exactly is Music Revival Selection? Well, not only is MRS's objective to restore Yamamoto's score to as close as originally intended as possible, but to also create a Kikuchi mix that's much more accurate and closer to Z's Original placement. But probably the most interesting aspect of this project is my attempt to make what I like to think of as a *legitimate* Bruce Faulconer score. What I mean by that is me treating Faulconer's BGM's as. . .well, actual BGM's to score Kai. No continuous music here, or filler music to fill out the episode. No Bulma and the Frog, or King Kai garbage. I've always been interested in trying this, since it seems no one's ever really tried it before, and I've always wondered if Faulconer's music would hold up better had it been treated in such a way. It's interesting, to say the least.

The goal of this project is to make DBZ Kai legitimately *fun* again--and not a struggle to pay attention to the great dubbing and writing because of the repetitive and badly chosen pieces of Kikuchi BGM. No matter your score preferences when it comes to dragonball, Music Revival Selection aims to appeal to any kind of fan, Yamamoto, Kikuchi, Faulconer(out of luck for any Menza or Nathan Jones fans, haha). Anyways, I suppose I'll shut up, and post the links to my current trailers. My goal is to update a week with each respective episode's mixes.

DBZ Kai MRS Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dbzkaimusic ... ature=mhsn

Episode 53 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvFHzCs6hKA

Episode 54 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJeXfPQE2M

***NEW**** Episode 55 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_r3pDmago

So, any thoughts? I'm very interested in feedback and hopefully people willing to try out(and above all else, enjoy the mixes). Any interest in this? :?:
Hey, check your pm :)

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Episode 56 Trailer*** - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPQcjTAThxY

Hey guys, sorry about the long absencse, but hey, stuff happens sometimes. . .that, and this is much more a relaxed *when I feel like it* kinda thing. Do something too much, and it stops being fun. . .though I hope to be on a timelier schedule soon, now that I've pretty much got the entire process mastered to a tee(or close enough). Anyways, updated today with Episode 56. I have a few announcements for the project, but I"ll just quote what I wrote on youtube because I'm lazy :)

10/10/11 UPDATE----Well, so much for weekly releases, right? I know, I know, but being honest, these mixes are a lot of work. It's all about the QUALITY to me. I want these to be anyone's first choice, one-stop shop for their alternative dbzkai musical needs. I will aim to try to get things on a more steadier schedule(as far as releases), but just remember this--this project WILL BE FINISHED one day. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it--it will be finished, because I HATE Kai's replacement music with a passion, I cannot watch the blu ray sets more than once. It's a waste of time.. So don't fret if their are some time gaps here and there--I'm not going anywhere on this.

And with that out the way, I have a few other announcements concerning this relaunch. Upgrading this project to beyond Super Saiyan, I am not just providing the Yammoto, Kikuchi, and Faulconer mixes for the blu ray audio time-code, but from this point, each audio release will include the usual 3 blu ray mixes, as well as ready-to-synch DVD conversions(hint* Blu Ray is 23.976 fps, DVD is 29.97 fps). Not only that, but with each release will come a Blu Ray and DVD UNSCORED track, for those who would like to tinker with scoring yourself, but not have to go through the pain of ripping+splicing the audio together yourself, as well as ISOLATED Blu Ray time-code tracks of my scores for any foreigners who would prefer a better selection of music for their version of Kai.

I think Episode 56 has turned out to be my best yet. Now that I work with uncompressed Linear PCM before downconverting to the AC-3 files in the download, this eliminates any annoying *pops* that happened in the earlier episodes. As such, I'll be remastering 53-55 to take advantage of this, as well as provide DVD-complaint, UNSCORED, and ISOLATED tracks for each. I know i can improve 53 and 54(as I wasn't quite happy with some things). 55 I might tweak a tiny bit. . .but other than that--here you are, folks. Enjoy!
So yes, now I'm offering DVD compliant, UNSCORED, and ISOLATED tracks. Thanks to bkev and sangofe for the interest there. . .now your wish is granted!(and you didn't even have to gather the dragonballs, haha)

MetalMadness wrote:I basically do the same thing as you do, for a while now actually, since the first Kai release haha. What tools do you use?

I use MPEG Video Wizard for the scoring and splicing the linearpcm/center channels. Very easy and clean program to work with. I use Belight and BeSweet to split the 5.1 audio, and make the linearpcm of the 5.1. I also use a program called tsmuxer to separate the ripped blu ray video from the audio and vice-versa, and then use it to finish the process when I'm ready to synch all 3 audios to the raw blu ray video.

I don't think I have much else to say, other than I really loved scoring Battle Power Unlimited to the Trunks Super Saiyan Transformation, and Freeza's death. Such a great insert song. I think this episode was my best yet in terms of no glitches and such(there's one actually. . .but only if you have the audio decibel level cranked up, but its so minor, it's not a big deal to me. I mean, hey, dbz(in japanese) doesn't exactly have the highest audio quality standard to date, hehe).

Anyways, I hope to have Episode 57 ready soon. Kinda hindered abit in that I have to redo 57 with linear pcm audio, and also working on tweaking 53-55 score while remastering them with linear pcm. Other than that, I hope people still have some interest left in this, haha.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 am

So I have a few questions.

With the Falconer mix, are you using character themes? Vegeta's was a pretty prevalent one. In his moments of badassery, I can't imagine any other sound than that wailing guitar and bells when listening to a Falconer mix.

Have you heard of that one Falconer composition for Trunks slicing Freeza? There was a song that is on the CD that was composed for that scene, matched up beat-for-beat to the footage, but was scrapped and a generic track was used in the final mix. It might be kind of cool to see that track used appropriately.

Do you plan on doing all 98 episodes? If so, how long to you estimate it will take?

Do you take any liberties with the original Kikuchi mix? Or are you exclusively referring to the original Z version of the scenes in question and just matching it up?