MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/1/24!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 3/7/17!)

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Amazing video as usual, keep it up mistarefusion
Mostly active on discord.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/31/16!)

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: But for some reason, everyone in the comments section is only interested in the "Zenkais" and whether or not it's plausible when that's really what I was least interested in. :P
Your intelligence might have rubbed off on your subscribers and we might be more interested in your dissection of the actual plot and the series as a whole, but it's still YouTube. Battle powers are king over there. I have at least learnt that much in these past 10 months.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/31/16!)

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Oh yeah, and it was Zarbon who suggested destroying the saiyans, not Freeza. Thought that was kind of cool. No one remembers him, even the fans don't remember him, all thinking that Freeza made this observation alone.
Some of us appreciate Zarbon's contribution. :wink:
Kid Buu wrote:He could be adopted, or even a half-brother. I mean I would be really survived if Saiyans have love marriages and commit.

Oh wait, doesn't DB Minus contradict this? Can't remember that thing at all. :lol:
Bardock & Gine were the strange exception rather than the rule.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Very solid review, as usual. I will say, however, that I did like the part where Bardock plows through all the Freeza soldiers just prior to his confrontation with the tyrant himself. Kinda gives the impression that through his sheer determination, Bardock is about to accomplish something big. After overcoming a battalion of foot soldiers, he finally meets Freeza face-to-face, delivers a grand speech about changing fate, charges and fires his most powerful attack... and it just gets engulfed like a raindrop on an ocean by Freeza's own attack, who proceeds to effortless reduce him and Planet Vegeta to space dust. A grim reminder that while sheer force of will can only go so far. I do agree that it kinda defeats the purpose of Bardock to have him be anywhere close to Saiyan Arc Vegeta.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:Very solid review, as usual. I will say, however, that I did like the part where Bardock plows through all the Freeza soldiers just prior to his confrontation with the tyrant himself. Kinda gives the impression that through his sheer determination, Bardock is about to accomplish something big. After overcoming a battalion of foot soldiers, he finally meets Freeza face-to-face, delivers a grand speech about changing fate, charges and fires his most powerful attack... and it just gets engulfed like a raindrop on an ocean by Freeza's own attack, who proceeds to effortless reduce him and Planet Vegeta to space dust. A grim reminder that while sheer force of will can only go so far. I do agree that it kinda defeats the purpose of Bardock to have him be anywhere close to Saiyan Arc Vegeta.
That is a good way to think about it, and probably what they were going for. And I wouldn't have minded him beating up some soldiers on the way to Freeza. It's just the execution was horrible and laughable. If he had struggled through some fights, taking down one soldier at a time, while slowly limping his way down a hallway or something, that would be one thing. But him literally flying through hundreds of people just looks stupid, even if it didn't make him appear too strong.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:07 am

I suppose if he was shown dodging a majority of the troops, that would've seem plausible IMO.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 am

Bardock rushing through the mooks is plausible since his power level is 10,000,

Granted, that doesn't help since you also don't like his PL being that high

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:It's just the execution was horrible and laughable. If he had struggled through some fights, taking down one soldier at a time, while slowly limping his way down a hallway or something, that would be one thing. But him literally flying through hundreds of people just looks stupid, even if it didn't make him appear too strong.
I'd say you might enjoy Xenoverse 2's interpretation of the the confrontation, since it didn't look as ridiculous and the henchmen got decent blows in, but at the same, it's also the first "mainstream" game to give Bardock SSJ3, so...

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/13/17!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:03 am

DBD: Episode of Bardock

Our look at Bardock continues with the sequel no one asked for!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:44 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:DBD: Episode of Bardock

This was really well done. Very thorough in covering its shortcomings compared to the special and even spending a well-deserved amount of time addressing its state as promotional-but-still-story-driven ancillary material. Also, thank you, thank you, for using the phrase "cringe-worthy" on the internet in 2017 when everyone seems to have deemed "worth" unnecessary.

This is the first video in this series covering the post-2011 revival, right? It's like stepping into a bizarro world. You covered everything thoroughly, but I almost feel like that transition was undersold, and maybe can't be oversold.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:DBD: Episode of Bardock

Even though I'm not against fanservice, Episode of Bardock and F are how fan service shouldn't be done. Great video and I look forward to Dragon Ball Minus.

Off-topic, but what are your thoughts on Toyotarou? Like Ooishi, he too reached official status and I was wondering what do you think about his work?

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Even though I'm not against fanservice, Episode of Bardock and F are how fan service shouldn't be done. Great video and I look forward to Dragon Ball Minus.

Off-topic, but what are your thoughts on Toyotarou? Like Ooishi, he too reached official status and I was wondering what do you think about his work?
At the very least, he's more detail oriented than the folks at Toei. Whether or not that makes for a good story is up to you.

Great video, by the way. Loved the breakdown of how NOT to do a sequel/prequel.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

VDenter

Post by VDenter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Fantastic video as always and well worth the wait. Episode of Bardock was a terrible piece of DB content no doubt. But luckily for me i have always found it so easy to ignore just like GT or the Garlic Junior arc for example. Its hard to get really mad or disappointed about it since i feel so indifferent about its existence. Flaws in the main story arcs of Dragon Ball bother the hell out of me but stuff like this is just whatever. DB Minus is a different story though, since it came straight from Toriyama and seems to be treated as the official DB Prequel story.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Fantastic video, episode of Bardock was just terrible fan service done by a huge fangirl that don't know what made bardock special ironically. Like Saikyo no Senshi said, this is fan service done wrong​,it was painfully mediocre, but since this is a what if,I can't get that mad, Because is easy to ignore unlike DB minus
    relating to fanboy​ getting official status, what is your opinion on toyotaro since he is a fanboy that also got the official status. Because I saw in your Twitter that your gonna pick up dragon Ball super volume 1, your gonna be disappointed Because it skipped your favorite movie ressurection f :o

dbzfan7
    Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

I was so starved for new Dragon Ball content at the time I actually used to think this special and manga were really awesome........and then reality hit like a truck for me to realize how awfully shit it was when I thought about it more :lol:.
    Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Totamo
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Episode of bardock was one of the first new pieces of dragon ball I ever saw and it was the first time I had actually hated a dragon ball material.

I would later watch Gt, Evolution and bio broly that same year.................I almost gave up dragon ball after that.

Soppa Saia People
    I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Totamo wrote:Episode of bardock was one of the first new pieces of dragon ball I ever saw and it was the first time I had actually hated a dragon ball material.

I would later watch Gt, Evolution and bio broly that same year.................I almost gave up dragon ball after that.
    Tbf, GT isn't terrible. Not great, but fine.
    Oh shit, I just notice I didn't resub to you after I got a new YT channel.
    I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gokuman1993
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Pretty great video, Mistare :) Though, I guess that's par for the course, huh? XD I mean, yeah, the art looks pretty damn awesome but the story and everything about it is so dumb, so I thank you for this video making sure I won't have to bother reading it.....Though, now I wish Naho Ooishi was assigned better projects, because that art is soooo goooooood!.

Can't wait to see how you tackle Dragon Ball Minus :D And also, I hope you'll be okay afterwards.... :)

Though, I gotta ask, even though you're probably already going to mention this in that video, do you think the character of Gine could be....salvaged? Like, IMO she's actually pretty interesting as both an idea of Goku's mom and a Saiyan who didn't follow the norm of being a sociopathic, murderous fight junkie but it seems that potential was squandered by the story, which would be pretty damn dark if Bardock was more like how was portrayed in the Bardock Special (damn, come to think of it, Dragon Ball Minus would be a effin' tragedy, almost more so than the Bardock special....) I dunno, what do you think?

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Is it really necessary Gaffer tappe to make a DB minus video,is only 10 Pages long, you should Have at least review minus and episode of Bardock at the same time

jcogginsa
    Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Insightful as always.

That said, I do have a question: Suppose you had been tasked with writing a promotional story about Bardock unlocking the Super Saiyan Form. Is there any way you think it could be done whilst preserving the tragic nature of Bardock's character?