Western Style Dragon Ball Project

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Re: Western Style Dragon Ball Project

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Great work as usual Scarz (especially with creepy eyes Vegeta :twisted: ).

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I really love the WB studio-style art. Very reminiscent of stuff like Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, even Freakazoid.

I just love it.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Since the thread's open to participation, I took a shot at a "western cartoon" style Piccolo.

deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu May 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Kaboom wrote:Since the thread's open to participation, I took a shot at a "western cartoon" style Piccolo.
[SNIP]
Sweet! I'm glad you added your work here. I would love to see more! Just don't try to steal my thunder now, I'm watching you! :lol:

I'll be coloring Piccolo tonight. But for now, please enjoy this rough animation of western style Goku constantly getting punched in the face. (I'll probably add a fist in there later).

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Kaboom wrote:Since the thread's open to participation, I took a shot at a "western cartoon" style Piccolo.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/K ... iccolo.png
That's really neat.
Scarz wrote:
I'll be coloring Piccolo tonight. But for now, please enjoy this rough animation of western style Goku constantly getting punched in the face. (I'll probably add a fist in there later).
http://imghunt.org/images/28746673407715083780.gif
Well done!

A small suggestion? Try to add some drops of spit/sweat when he gets hit to add to the impact.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Michsi wrote:Well done!

A small suggestion? Try to add some drops of spit/sweat when he gets hit to add to the impact.
Thanks! I'll be sure to include those when I get the chance.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/K ... iccolo.png
I can see a bit of Martian Manhunter / J'onn J'onzz in the design.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

These are great, I could totally see Disney doing these.

Also: The "naked" Bulma sketch has TWICE the amount of views of the others. Hahahahaha, oh internet.
I play baseball and work in LA.

allfornot2

Post by allfornot2 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

The fact that this project appears to be abandoned fills me with sadness.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

allfornot2 wrote:The fact that this project appears to be abandoned fills me with sadness.
She is busy. Give her time.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm

You know what I would love to see one day? Alex Ross doing his take on the Dragonball cast, from Goku to Majin Buu.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

allfornot2

Post by allfornot2 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
allfornot2 wrote:The fact that this project appears to be abandoned fills me with sadness.
She is busy. Give her time.
I assumed she had given up on the project. I wasn't trying to be naggy or anything. Just expressing my sadness at it's apparent end.
You know what I would love to see one day? Alex Ross doing his take on the Dragonball cast, from Goku to Majin Buu.
And good lord, that would be great.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Ah, ye with such little faith...

I am indeed quite busy but I haven't given up on this project. I'm currently working on three comics, my own and two others for a website (which I can't go into details right now). It's funny because today is my first real break I had in a while and I'm currently drawing Chichi but I'll probably won't be able to scan it because my main computer or my scanner is being very unresponsive right now. I haven't figured out which one is the problem.

So hang on tight, new things are coming.
Hades wrote:You know what I would love to see one day? Alex Ross doing his take on the Dragonball cast, from Goku to Majin Buu.
I always wondered how would DBZ characters would look in Alex Ross' signature photo realistic (but not quite) style. He did an excellent job on the Battle of the Planets piece (or was it a cover?) which rocked!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 25, 2012 10:53 am

This looks very interesting, if FOX licenced Dragon Ball and decided to do their own animated series it may turn up something similar to this.

Cooler than pictures would be animating this, everyone and Bulma all look so damn great in their western types, except Goku and Vegeta, Goku's kinda funny but Vegeta's got a creepy face.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri May 25, 2012 1:55 pm

My scanner is still not working but to keep this thread alive here's western style Piccolo colored.

I was waiting to have a few more things colored before I post it up but what the hell.
dbboxkaifan wrote:... Goku's kinda funny but Vegeta's got a creepy face.
Funny like how? My guess is probably the heroic look, it does seems kind of funny for Goku.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 25, 2012 9:05 pm

He looks somewhat a bit goofy to me, but this is a good thing, nonetheless.

Dunno why Disney or FOX haven't yet thought of this idea, yet! :)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri May 25, 2012 9:08 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:He looks somewhat a bit goofy to me, but this is a good thing, nonetheless.

Dunno why Disney or FOX haven't yet thought of this idea, yet! :)
It would be Evolution all over again.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Here it is, Western Style Chichi! Praise it, hate it, pick it apart, whatever, I would love to hear what you guys think!

As I mentioned before I will be drawing Vegetto next but I think I might put him on hold because Cell (and all his three forms) in has me intrigued.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Very cool! I like how this Chi Chi retains her bad-ass ness from the 23TB. :) I guess Gokuu was just kidding when he said his wife has a flat chest. :wink:

Also, I can't wait to see your interpretation of Gohan if you decide on it after Cell, Vegetto and maybe some others!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah,...as much as I liek bewbs, Chi Chi is way too busty for my tastes. Goku said she was flat chested, and those milk bags would throw off her martial arts balance. :wink:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)