Dragon Ball memes!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball memes!

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Just to clarify, I have nothing against Mr. Satan. I just thought this picture was worth sharing.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Found this on Crunchyroll.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:31 am

Those are funny! But I have to say it was not real Broli that was killed by water. It was a clone. Just to make real Broly look a tad bit better :)
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 am

deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 am

That is definitely the best of them. :lol:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 am

Has anyone posted the Spongebob meme yet? I found this on another forum:

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:40 am

Those are awesome Kaboom! :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I made just a few more:

deviantART
[thread]

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 am

You really hate Broli do you, Kaboom? :lol:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 am

I didn't used to. Some of his more... zealous fanboys made darn sure to change that.

I do give the big ol' chunkhead credit where credit's due in in-universe topics and all, but still. Blegh.
deviantART
[thread]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

Kaboom wrote:I didn't used to. Some of his more... zealous fanboys made darn sure to change that.

I do give the big ol' chunkhead credit where credit's due in in-universe topics and all, but still. Blegh.
I used to have the same thing happen to me (not just with Broli, but with the humans etc). But I try not to let the fandom taint my image of a character now.

And I actually like Broli. Sort of.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Broli is the best character of all times! Who are you to think otherwise?!

That last Broli meme somehow doesn't... flow.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

This thread makes me realise no one knows what memes are.

What about "His power is maximum" "Over 9000/Hope my body can take it/the balls are inert" "green and purple/daily dose/piccolo dick" and Broly in Japan...?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:14 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:This thread makes me realise no one knows what memes are.

What about "His power is maximum" "Over 9000/Hope my body can take it/the balls are inert" "green and purple/daily dose/piccolo dick" and Broly in Japan...?
Well, re-posting a bunch of unfunny memes everyone is tired of seeing isn't exactly fun nor enlightening. We all know what memes are, just nobody really cares if we're being correct or not, it's more fun to make up your own image macro.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:This thread makes me realise no one knows what memes are.

That's been pointed before more than once. I pointed it myself.
Insertclevername wrote:Well, re-posting a bunch of unfunny memes everyone is tired of seeing isn't exactly fun nor enlightening. We all know what memes are, just nobody really cares if we're being correct or not, it's more fun to make up your own image macro.
Then why not rename it to "Dragon Ball Image Macros" instead. Whilst I get what you're saying, The Time Traveller is right, those are the memes, everything that's been posted here is macros. The title of the topic is misleading.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Okay, I can get behind that! If PhoenixEX or a mod is seeing this, then you should change the title to that.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Image macros are memes, though.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 pm

How about something a little more purposely vague to give it more potential? Like "The All-Purpose Funny Dragon Ball Images Thread" or something.
deviantART
[thread]

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZnut » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 am

Oh, hi there.