Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:58 am

goku1234 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:Revised Chapter 8 pages
awesome and now on to revised chapter 9!!
That's the plan!

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 pm

YO! Malik! I got your Volume 1 of DBNA in the mail today! Freaking amazing! The one thing that surprised me was the size of it. Why didn't you make it "Normal" manga size???
Also, I LOVED the Special Chapter. Awesome that you included Gine in your manga. I honestly have you say you draw her a little...too well. XD
Bardock was one lucky SOB to have a cutie like her.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:15 am

hulkty wrote:YO! Malik! I got your Volume 1 of DBNA in the mail today! Freaking amazing! The one thing that surprised me was the size of it. Why didn't you make it "Normal" manga size???
Also, I LOVED the Special Chapter. Awesome that you included Gine in your manga. I honestly have you say you draw her a little...too well. XD
The 1st 6 Volumes are all going to be the giant-sized versions do to the 'wide format' I used up to Chapter 30. After Chapter 30, the books will be 'normal' graphic manga sized like you'd find in a bookstore.

And I'm glad you enjoy the Special Chapter! I put a lot of effort into it!

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
hulkty wrote:YO! Malik! I got your Volume 1 of DBNA in the mail today! Freaking amazing! The one thing that surprised me was the size of it. Why didn't you make it "Normal" manga size???
The 1st 6 Volumes are all going to be the giant-sized versions do to the 'wide format' I used up to Chapter 30. After Chapter 30, the books will be 'normal' graphic manga sized like you'd find in a bookstore.

When do you plan to upload Special Chapters online anyway?
Also, do you have release dates for your volumes since you technically already have the pages ready?...

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:11 pm

hulkty wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:

When do you plan to upload Special Chapters online anyway?
Also, do you have release dates for your volumes since you technically already have the pages ready?...
Well, I had planned on releasing it later this month. Most likely AFTER I draw the second part of the Special.

Volume 2 is being released in October :)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Revised Chapter 9 pages. The rest will be done next week
Last edited by Malik_DBNA on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:Image
This page's paneling is a kinda of a mess. Even as an avid manga reader, I got confused and wanted to read both Vegeta and then Goku's panel before going on to the bottom three with Rigor. Maybe lengthen Vegeta's and shorten the Rigor one below it so that the spacing between them is around the middle of Rigor's "Paltry SS$" panel, forcing a better panel flow?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: This page's paneling is a kinda of a mess. Even as an avid manga reader, I got confused and wanted to read both Vegeta and then Goku's panel before going on to the bottom three with Rigor. Maybe lengthen Vegeta's and shorten the Rigor one below it so that the spacing between them is around the middle of Rigor's "Paltry SS$" panel, forcing a better panel flow?
I rearranged some of the panels and rewrote some of the dialogue. You can see the updated version in the original post. I hope that's better
Last edited by Malik_DBNA on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Eh? You wouldn't have to redraw the whole of anything? In all of 2 minutes, all you'd have to do is fill in a bit more of the Saiyan Prince for example.

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Eh? You wouldn't have to redraw the whole of anything? In all of 2 minutes, all you'd have to do is fill in a bit more of the Saiyan Prince for example.
I rearranged some of the panels and changed the dialogue a bit. check the original post

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Great pages as always Malik but just a little recommendation: I think "most powerful natural-born fighter" sounds like the "most powerful non-fused fighter" fanboys use so often. And I don't think characters wouldn't speak like that- even with Rigor knowing fusion and we know now that he didn't even consider it to be that strong at first which was why Gogeta was such surprise to him - if they aren't nitpicky or count magic or whatever. Maybe you could change that but hey - whatever you think fits for you.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:49 am

Cetra wrote:Great pages as always Malik but just a little recommendation: I think "most powerful natural-born fighter" sounds like the "most powerful non-fused fighter" fanboys use so often. And I don't think characters wouldn't speak like that- even with Rigor knowing fusion and we know now that he didn't even consider it to be that strong at first which was why Gogeta was such surprise to him - if they aren't nitpicky or count magic or whatever. Maybe you could change that but hey - whatever you think fits for you.
It was meant to convey how Rigor is just naturally powerful, whereas most of the other villains in the series become powerful through artificial or exterior means. The legend states that he would be the strongest natural-born fighter in the universe

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:38 am

I understood how you meant it. I just thought I should point that out but hey - as said, whatever you think is fitting.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:47 am

Cetra wrote:I understood how you meant it. I just thought I should point that out but hey - as said, whatever you think is fitting.
Okeedokee :) Trust me, I like when people point things out like this. It helps

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Cetra wrote:Great pages as always Malik but just a little recommendation: I think "most powerful natural-born fighter" sounds like the "most powerful non-fused fighter" fanboys use so often. And I don't think characters wouldn't speak like that- even with Rigor knowing fusion and we know now that he didn't even consider it to be that strong at first which was why Gogeta was such surprise to him - if they aren't nitpicky or count magic or whatever. Maybe you could change that but hey - whatever you think fits for you.
It was meant to convey how Rigor is just naturally powerful, whereas most of the other villains in the series become powerful through artificial or exterior means. The legend states that he would be the strongest natural-born fighter in the universe
I think he makes a good point; what he means is that it sounds like something the author would say, rather than the charcter in the heat of the moment. If someone is freaking out and raging, why would they take care to make such a finely honed distinction?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 pm

I think you still have some difficulty drawing Goku SSJ4, i see you get him off-model a lot, particularly from a distance.

Other than that, the redrawings are pretty cool.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:I think you still have some difficulty drawing Goku SSJ4, i see you get him off-model a lot, particularly from a distance.

Other than that, the redrawings are pretty cool.
Yeah, sometimes SSJ4 Goku is a pain in the ass to draw. That hair is just a jumbled mess of ass and throws off my normal Goku drawings. I'm actually far more comfortable doing him as ASSJ4 and TSSJ4
mAcChaos wrote: I think he makes a good point; what he means is that it sounds like something the author would say, rather than the charcter in the heat of the moment. If someone is freaking out and raging, why would they take care to make such a finely honed distinction?
You both may have a point. I can alter it a bit without taking too much away from it

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Stupid question. Do you have a Malik-Bot?

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:03 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Stupid question. Do you have a Malik-Bot?
Do you think I should? ;)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Stupid question. Do you have a Malik-Bot?
Do you think I should? ;)
Only if he wears a hat :)