Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Huh is this still going, any way, i'll compile my thoughts, and criticisms and praises on this product;

First off the criticisms,

Rigor's design as the legendary super Saiyan 5, while creative, is very ugly looking. Aladajin's design and personality are just evil, for the literal sake of evil, as he is the lord of darkness, and the design, is a tad bit too edgy for my taste, some times the art can look not very great
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oob should be smaller, and their physics are nigh I identical. And Frost's design rivals Chilled.

Thoughts,

I am genially interested in where you'll take the story, and the later Villains do sound very interesting, also the later plots do sound good, except for the other android saga that's basically the cell saga.

Praises.

I love the fact that you basically made super Saiyan 5 a special form that Goku, and Vegeta won't be accessing, Rigor's personality was refreshingly pragmatic, and his hatred of Vegeta justified. You don't actually fall into the typical AF pit falls of making super Saiyan 5 and 6, and new shadow dragons. You actually give over cast members fair amount of spot light. I would say more but you are only in the second arc of the series.

Also please just edit Frost's design, at least give him a nose

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Gog wrote:Huh is this still going, any way, i'll compile my thoughts, and criticisms and praises on this product;

Rigor's design as the legendary super Saiyan 5, while creative, is very ugly looking. Aladajin's design and personality are just evil, for the literal sake of evil, as he is the lord of darkness, and the design, is a tad bit too edgy for my taste, some times the art can look not very great
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oob should be smaller, and their physics are nigh I identical. And Frost's design rivals Chilled.

Thoughts,

I am genially interested in where you'll take the story, and the later Villains do sound very interesting, also the later plots do sound good, except for the other android saga that's basically the cell saga.

Praises.

I love the fact that you basically made super Saiyan 5 a special form that Goku, and Vegeta won't be accessing, Rigor's personality was refreshingly pragmatic, and his hatred of Vegeta justified. You don't actually fall into the typical AF pit falls of making super Saiyan 5 and 6, and new shadow dragons. You actually give over cast members fair amount of spot light. I would say more but you are only in the second arc of the series.

The other androids saga has been completely rewritten, so if you're reading any of the old synopsis, it won't turn out that way. Also, "Frost's" name, design, and storyline underwent MASSIVE alterations, so that should take care of that lol

As far as the design of SSJ5, are you talking about the gold and black hair or the gold hair w/ black fur?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

What is Frost's design atm anyway?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Gog wrote:Huh is this still going, any way, i'll compile my thoughts, and criticisms and praises on this product;

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thoughts,

Praises.

The other androids saga has been completely rewritten, so if you're reading any of the old synopsis, it won't turn out that way. Also, "Frost's" name, design, and storyline underwent MASSIVE alterations, so that should take care of that lol

As far as the design of SSJ5, are you talking about the gold and black hair or the gold hair w/ black fur?
Huh that's good to hear! :thumbup: Keep up the good work!

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:29 am

Streaming live on Twitch right now!
https://www.twitch.tv/malik_dbna

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Question for Malik: The first three volumes are available on Amazon. Any idea if any more get released? I'm sorry to say, I hate reading digital books/comics, and probably wont read beyond what I can hold in my hands. If I like what I purchased, I'll definitely buy more.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 am

Where can I find this manga and download it ?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 am

Lupin879 wrote:Where can I find this manga and download it ?
Ah, you can't actually download it. you have to read it on Deviantart

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:11 am

Gog wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:Where can I find this manga and download it ?
Ah, you can't actually download it. you have to read it on Deviantart
You can also buy it for dirt cheap on Amazon.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 am

I have read something, but it is wonderful. Read there is boring. No one has made a download? Another thing the manga does not have the license of Dragon Ball it would be illegal to sell

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Lupin879 wrote:I have read something, but it is wonderful. Read there is boring. No one has made a download? Another thing the manga does not have the license of Dragon Ball it would be illegal to sell
i could upload it here but i need permission from Mailk first before i uploaded it!!

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:18 am

Malik has mentioned that, in Dragon Ball New Age's timeline, Gokū did not retain the power of Super Saiyajin Goddo, unlike the Battle of Gods and Revival of Freeza movies. However, in the Dragon Ball Super manga, Gokū also does not absorb the power of Super Saiyajin Goddo, as proven in later chapters. I decided to write a description of how Dragon Ball Super's elements are included (or, as is mostly the case, omitted) from the timeline of Dragon Ball New Age in detail.

Note: I am in no way trying to tell Malik how to write his series or its backstory; his series is his and his alone. I simply wanted to describe how I would rationalize the Dragon Ball Super manga's connections (or lack thereof) with Dragon Ball New Age and explain in detail how I would rationalize each element's prevention. Think of it as something fun I wanted to think about and then share just for the heck of it.

WARNING: OBVIOUS DRAGON BALL SUPER SPOILERS AHEAD

[spoiler]The entire Hakaishin Beerus arc of the Dragon Ball Super manga plays out without changes, with Gokū only using Super Saiyajin Goddo alone in his rematch with Beerus before Beerus and Whis depart, aside from the arc's ending which previews the Golden Freeza arc. Instead of deciding to revive Freeza, Sorbet orders his ship not to Earth but, rather, to where Guarana's ship last was before it was destroyed, in order to investigate. On the way there, they happen upon Champa, who destroys them just as he did Guarana's ship. Without Sorbet's leadership, nor their strongest warriors (Shisami, Guarana, and Tagoma), the remains of the Freeza Army lose all control on the planets they are dictating and are gradually wiped out entirely, and neither Freeza nor King Cold is ever revived, preventing the Golden Freeza arc entirely, including Jaco's entry into the series, as the purpose of his first appearance was to warn of Freeza's revival.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Instead of training under Whis, Gokū and Vegeta train alone, vowing to reach Super Saiyajin Goddo's realm of power without assistance or shortcuts. As a result, they never again encounter Beerus or Whis, nor any other diety introduced in Dragon Ball Super, nor do they ever reach Super Saiyajin Blue (and nor does Gokū retain Super Saiyajin Goddo as a transformation), and the tournament between Universes Six and Seven does not occur. In fact, the knowledge of any of the other eleven universes is completely lost, as Gokū has forgotten it, as, in the Dragon Ball Super manga, he describes Whis's explanation of the other universes as kind of familiar, indicating he completely forgot Beerus told him about it and likely never would have thought about it again.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Since the tournament never takes place, Zamasu never watches footage of it on KamiTube and never learns of Son Gokū, so he never receives that last push to go through with the Zero Mortals Plan and continues to be Gowasu's apprentice without any further ill behavior, thus Gokū Black never attacks Trunks's timeline, and Trunks's story ends with his defeating Bobbidi and Dabra and preventing Majin Boo's return; he does, however, continue training and eventually reaches the advanced Super Saiyajin 2 form he demonstrates during his sparring match with Gokū in the Dragon Ball Super manga. Just to make things better for Trunks, let's also say that he hooked up with Mai. Trunks deserves a happy ending, especially since he has no role in New Age.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Since the tournament between Universes Six and Seven never takes place, neither does the Tournament of Power, as Gokū never befriended Zen-chan. Presumably, none of the other plot points of Dragon Ball Super after the Tournament of Power take place either, and so the next portion of the story is the ending of the original manga (or, rather, the Kanzenban's ending). This, in turn leads to Malik's revised version of Dragon Ball GT, complete with all of the changes he has described in the past. Following next, of course, is Dragon Ball New Age.[/spoiler]
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Black Hawk wrote:Malik has mentioned that, in Dragon Ball New Age's timeline, Gokū did not retain the power of Super Saiyajin Goddo, unlike the Battle of Gods and Revival of Freeza movies. However, in the Dragon Ball Super manga, Gokū also does not absorb the power of Super Saiyajin Goddo, as proven in later chapters. I decided to write a description of how Dragon Ball Super's elements are included (or, as is mostly the case, omitted) from the timeline of Dragon Ball New Age in detail.

Note: I am in no way trying to tell Malik how to write his series or its backstory; his series is his and his alone. I simply wanted to describe how I would rationalize the Dragon Ball Super manga's connections (or lack thereof) with Dragon Ball New Age and explain in detail how I would rationalize each element's prevention. Think of it as something fun I wanted to think about and then share just for the heck of it.

WARNING: OBVIOUS DRAGON BALL SUPER SPOILERS AHEAD

[spoiler]The entire Hakaishin Beerus arc of the Dragon Ball Super manga plays out without changes, with Gokū only using Super Saiyajin Goddo alone in his rematch with Beerus before Beerus and Whis depart, aside from the arc's ending which previews the Golden Freeza arc. Instead of deciding to revive Freeza, Sorbet orders his ship not to Earth but, rather, to where Guarana's ship last was before it was destroyed, in order to investigate. On the way there, they happen upon Champa, who destroys them just as he did Guarana's ship. Without Sorbet's leadership, nor their strongest warriors (Shisami, Guarana, and Tagoma), the remains of the Freeza Army lose all control on the planets they are dictating and are gradually wiped out entirely, and neither Freeza nor King Cold is ever revived, preventing the Golden Freeza arc entirely, including Jaco's entry into the series, as the purpose of his first appearance was to warn of Freeza's revival.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Instead of training under Whis, Gokū and Vegeta train alone, vowing to reach Super Saiyajin Goddo's realm of power without assistance or shortcuts. As a result, they never again encounter Beerus or Whis, nor any other diety introduced in Dragon Ball Super, nor do they ever reach Super Saiyajin Blue (and nor does Gokū retain Super Saiyajin Goddo as a transformation), and the tournament between Universes Six and Seven does not occur. In fact, the knowledge of any of the other eleven universes is completely lost, as Gokū has forgotten it, as, in the Dragon Ball Super manga, he describes Whis's explanation of the other universes as kind of familiar, indicating he completely forgot Beerus told him about it and likely never would have thought about it again.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Since the tournament never takes place, Zamasu never watches footage of it on KamiTube and never learns of Son Gokū, so he never receives that last push to go through with the Zero Mortals Plan and continues to be Gowasu's apprentice without any further ill behavior, thus Gokū Black never attacks Trunks's timeline, and Trunks's story ends with his defeating Bobbidi and Dabra and preventing Majin Boo's return; he does, however, continue training and eventually reaches the advanced Super Saiyajin 2 form he demonstrates during his sparring match with Gokū in the Dragon Ball Super manga. Just to make things better for Trunks, let's also say that he hooked up with Mai. Trunks deserves a happy ending, especially since he has no role in New Age.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Since the tournament between Universes Six and Seven never takes place, neither does the Tournament of Power, as Gokū never befriended Zen-chan. Presumably, none of the other plot points of Dragon Ball Super after the Tournament of Power take place either, and so the next portion of the story is the ending of the original manga (or, rather, the Kanzenban's ending). This, in turn leads to Malik's revised version of Dragon Ball GT, complete with all of the changes he has described in the past. Following next, of course, is Dragon Ball New Age.[/spoiler]
This looks like a fairly good backstory to explain how a small change can make all this stuff work together. However, I believe Malik said that Goku & Vegeta did train with Whis but they failed to reobtain true God level power for whatever reason, instead growing their regular strength from the training.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 pm

It's sufficient to say that it's an alternative universe. It's a (very good imo please continue) fanwork, after all.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Regarder wrote:It's sufficient to say that it's an alternative universe. It's a (very good imo please continue) fanwork, after all.
I second this. It's really well written.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 am

goku1234 wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:I have read something, but it is wonderful. Read there is boring. No one has made a download? Another thing the manga does not have the license of Dragon Ball it would be illegal to sell
i could upload it here but i need permission from Mailk first before i uploaded it!!
If you can that would be great.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Patreon supporters got 2 new pages this month, it is revised prologue, while i personally prefer previous text heavy prologue, it is nice to see comic coming back from hiatus, as i really missed it :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

New pages are up, loved that bit with Black :)
Last edited by coola on Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm

coola wrote:Ne pages are up, loved that bit with Black :)
What? Where can I find them?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

They are on Malik Patreon right now https://www.patreon.com/MalikStudios
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: